• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Starters in other balls are hacked, right? Because I got a Charmander in a Repeat ball on Wondertrade. Or is there a way to get starters in different balls?
There are many ways to obtain starters in different Pokéballs. There have been several events distributing special ball starters (such as luxury ball Cyndaquil)

But this Charmander is very likely to have ended up in a Repeat Ball because its mother was caught in said ball in a Friend Safari

Look around on this page of our lovely website to find all the Pokémon available through FS, who are therefore catchable in any Ball available in XY

Derp me. I completely forgot about Friend Safari. Your explaination makes sense, thanks :)

Had this Jirachi for a while but never bothered to check if it's legitimate because it just sits in my box doing nothing.
20141208_000030.png

Modded Pokémon?

I didn't know to put this in the trade section or not (technically I'm not trading), but I recently received Solrock over Wonder Trade when I was trading away spares, and it looks... suspicious to me, to say the least;

Solrock
Level 1
OT Grizzle
PokéRus
Shiny
6 maxed IV
Adamant

So I pretty much am sure it's modded, but I don't know what to do from this point. I know trading it would be unsafe, but do I keep it? Do I delete it?

I never encountered a Pokémon like this before, but I've heard of people getting banned from Club Nintendo over this, so I'm a little worried.

I have a feeling that this shiny Rayquaza of mine is hacked. It has 6 perfect IV's, Adamant nature, apparently was imported from Gen III (travelled across space and time from Hoenn), and was caught in a normal Pokeball. Does it look like a hackjob, or something less severe like RNG abuse?

I have a feeling that this shiny Rayquaza of mine is hacked. It has 6 perfect IV's, Adamant nature, apparently was imported from Gen III (travelled across space and time from Hoenn), and was caught in a normal Pokeball. Does it look like a hackjob, or something less severe like RNG abuse?

I believe it is actually really difficult to RNG captured/non-bred Pokemon with perfect IVs in Gen III. I haven't tried out Gen III RNG myself (only IV and V and I've only read about the process in III), so maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can chime in here, but I'm pretty sure that it would be extremely difficult and impractical to obtain in the first place. On top of all that it's shiny which also takes more time and effort to do as well. Thus I'm pretty sure that it isn't RNGed and therefore since there are no other options, I'm inclined to believe that it is hacked. Unless of course it really isn't from Gen III which it seems to be not the case as you have shown.

Last edited:
Got the following Pokémon through Wondertrade today. As far as I'm aware it's at least possible in theory, but beats me why someone would wondertrade a mon that takes so much effort to get...

Gen this is concerning: Gen VI
Pokemon Species: Espeon (shiny)
Nickname: Medusa
Ribbons: None
Ball: Pokéball
Area encountered: Unova (after travelling through space-time, so it has passed Bank)
Level encountered: ?
OT: Melvin (ID No.04749)
Moves: Signal Beam/Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam
Stats: 290/149/156/341/226/350

Has its Hidden Abilty, a Timid nature and all around perfect IV's and is lvl 100

Got the following Pokémon through Wondertrade today. As far as I'm aware it's at least possible in theory, but beats me why someone would wondertrade a mon that takes so much effort to get...

Gen this is concerning: Gen VI
Pokemon Species: Espeon (shiny)
Nickname: Medusa
Ball: Pokéball
Area encountered: Unova (after travelling through space-time, so it has passed Bank)
Level encountered: ?
OT: Melvin (ID No.04749)
Moves: Signal Beam/Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam
Stats: 290/149/156/341/226/350

Has its Hidden Abilty, a Timid nature and all around perfect IV's and is lvl 100

It's near impossible to legitimately have a Shiny from Unova with that much perfect IVs, so I'm betting it's been hacked.

Re: Modded Pokémon?

I didn't know to put this in the trade section or not (technically I'm not trading), but I recently received Solrock over Wonder Trade when I was trading away spares, and it looks... suspicious to me, to say the least;

Solrock
Level 1
OT Grizzle
PokéRus
Shiny
6 maxed IV
Adamant

So I pretty much am sure it's modded, but I don't know what to do from this point. I know trading it would be unsafe, but do I keep it? Do I delete it?

I never encountered a Pokémon like this before, but I've heard of people getting banned from Club Nintendo over this, so I'm a little worried.

Sorry for the really late response, but this isn't a really cut and dry hackjob. If you mind giving us more detail, we might be able to find out if this is a hack or not.

As for the concerns, I have never heard anyone ever getting banned from Club Nintendo for trading hacked Pokemon.

The problem with hacks is they usually act like normal Pokemon and are undetectable. But since it's in a Pokeball it probably may be hacked, might be powersaved but it should be safe for use. In Gen III it was really difficult to RNG so it's probably not RNG and again, why use a Pokeball on something that valuable? If you test it out on battlespot and it allows it then it is safe to use.
But all in all I'd say it's been Powersaved.

It's near impossible to legitimately have a Shiny from Unova with that much perfect IVs, so I'm betting it's been hacked.

Late reply, but this is not true. Shiny RNG abuse in BW was super, super easy and could also give you near any spread you want unlike Gen IV RNG which depended on your trainer ID/secret ID combo.

I suppose it ultimately depends on your morals regarding RNG, but RNG isn't hacking regardless and the Pokemon will still be flagged as legitimate/won't be hacked.

Im not sure which Pokemon are hacked and which are not. If I get traded a Shiny 6 IVs pokemon is it necessary to be hacked? My Latios and my Groudon being the case...

I'd say 6IV Shiny legends are most likely hacked, due to the fact that you can't breed legends for IVs, and finding them shiny is pretty rare, unless you soft-reset. Actually, most shiny, 6IV's are pretty rare, considering the breeding required to get a 6-IV pokemon AND the breeding to get a shiny Pokemon (even harder to do, as you can't play with the math). Breeding a shiny with 6 31 IV's is a pretty rare thing. Like wicked rare.

I just got a shiny Darkrai on Wondertrade which seems highly suspect to me. Can anyone share some insight to it's legality?

Gen this is concerning:
It has a blue pentagon so I think it's gen 6. I'm playing X.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Darkrai
Nationality: Kor
Shiny: Yes
Ball: Luxury ball
Date Met: 6/6/2014
Level Met 50
Note: Apparently a fateful encounter
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Area encountered: Pokemon Movie 14
Level encountered: 50
OT: ders
Moves: Dark Pulse, Dream Eater, Phantom Force, Dark Void
Level 100

Stats:
HP 250
Attack 166
Defence 185
Sp. Atk 405
Sp. Def 185
Speed 349

Bad Dreams
I've not been able to check its IVs yet.

Last edited:
I just got a shiny Darkrai on Wondertrade which seems highly suspect to me. Can anyone share some insight to it's legality?

Gen this is concerning:

Level Met 50
Level 100

Stats:
HP 250
Attack 166
Defence 185
Sp. Atk 405
Sp. Def 185
Speed 349

Bad Dreams

Hacked. :/

The Pokemon Movie 14 Darkrai cannot be found in a Luxury Ball, only a Cherish Ball. Also, there have been no known Darkrai events with the OT being named "ders".

I've a question. Would it be alright for me to post certain trends involving legendaries like Darkrai (particularly those involving OT and Shininess)?

Gen this is concerning:

Level Met 50
Level 100

Stats:
HP 250
Attack 166
Defence 185
Sp. Atk 405
Sp. Def 185
Speed 349

Bad Dreams

I got the exact Darkrai the other day, it's hacked so I released it.

On the side note though, last year in 2014 was movie 17, not 14.

Heh. I still have mine. Haven't used it. Don't know what to do with it really.

I just got another shiny level 100 from wondertrade:

Gen this is concerning:
It's from Unova

Pokemon Species: Rhyperior
Nickname: Rhyperior
Nationality: None (so UK)
Ball: Pokeball
Date Met: Don't see this info anywhere
Level Met Don't see this anywhere
Note:
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Area encountered: Don't see this anywhere
OT: Flynn
Moves: Megahorn, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Flamethrower
Level 100

Stats:
HP 341
Attack 313
Defence 313
Sp. Atk 118
Sp. Def 123
Speed 89

Nature: lax
Ability: Lightning Rod
I've not been able to check its IVs yet but all those shapes are turned on suggesting IV6

Heh. I still have mine. Haven't used it. Don't know what to do with it really.

I just got another shiny level 100 from wondertrade:

Gen this is concerning:
It's from Unova

Pokemon Species: Rhyperior
Nickname: Rhyperior
Nationality: None (so UK)
Ball: Pokeball
Date Met: Don't see this info anywhere
Level Met Don't see this anywhere
Note:
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Area encountered: Don't see this anywhere
OT: Flynn
Moves: Megahorn, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Flamethrower
Level 100

Stats:
HP 341
Attack 313
Defence 313
Sp. Atk 118
Sp. Def 123
Speed 89

Nature: lax
Ability: Lightning Rod
I've not been able to check its IVs yet but all those shapes are turned on suggesting IV6

It sounds pretty legit to me. Chances are that when Flynn was playing Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 he encountered a shiny Ryhorn and had only Pokeballs, so he caught it and then used it until it fully evolved and at level 100. This is my guess.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom