• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Re: The "Is My Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

What harm does hacked pokemon do to your game save? If any...

This might seem odd, but I recently received a Spiritomb in a GTS trade. It states that it was "Apparently met at Lv. 58" and at the Pokemon League. The only reason I'm suspicious is because I thought that one can only encounter a Spiritomb in-game at the Hallowed Tower at Lv. 25.

It's lv. 62, caught in a Master Ball. Stats are 152 HP, 123 Attack, 157 Defense, 137 Sp. Atk, 157 Sp. Def, and 73 Speed. I'm not sure if any of that matters, but I suppose it's better to give more info then not enough. -shrug-

It has a Sinnoh Champ Ribbon too. Which is a useless fact to state, but still.

Edit: Actually, I think I found the answer to my question, because it has the exact same moveset, gender, and starting level as Cynthia's Spiritomb in Platinum. I guess it was an Action Replay code or something.

Last edited:

This might seem odd, but I recently received a Spiritomb in a GTS trade. It states that it was "Apparently met at Lv. 58" and at the Pokemon League. The only reason I'm suspicious is because I thought that one can only encounter a Spiritomb in-game at the Hallowed Tower at Lv. 25.

It's lv. 62, caught in a Master Ball. Stats are 152 HP, 123 Attack, 157 Defense, 137 Sp. Atk, 157 Sp. Def, and 73 Speed. I'm not sure if any of that matters, but I suppose it's better to give more info then not enough. -shrug-

Edit: Actually, I think I found the answer to my question, because it has the exact same moveset, gender, and starting level as Cynthia's Spiritomb in Platinum. I guess it was an Action Replay code or something.

Yeah, you're right, it's not legit.

I'm 99.9% sure this is hacked but hope springs eternal.

A shiny level 100 marowak caught at route 203 at level 99 has to be a fake right?

Easily hacked, there's no way you can catch a Marowak at that level anywhere, let alone Route 203. My bet is he/she set the level at 99 to make it look less fake.
I received a Pokemon just like that off the GTS, only it was a Garchomp.
What a moron...
I agree.

I also received a Spiritomb like that off the GTS. It was an Action Replay code that allows you to catch other trainer's Pokemon.

I just traded a Japanese player for this Pokemon, but I'm not sure if it's hacked or not:

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: Shaymin in Japanese
Ribbons: None
Ball: Ultra Ball
Area encountered: Flower Paradise (Apparently met at Lv. 30)
Level encountered: 30
Date: May 2, 2009
Nature: Mild
OT: Something in Japanese
Moves: Defense Curl (40/40), Magical Leaf (20/20), Leech Seed (10/10), and Synthesis (5/5)
Stats:
HP - 105
ATK - 71
DEF - 63
SP.ATK - 81
SP.DEF - 73
SPD - 72
Ability: Natural Cure

It all looks legit to me, but it's shiny. XD So, I wanted to know if a shiny Flower Paradise Japanese Shaymin is possible.

I just traded a Japanese player for this Pokemon, but I'm not sure if it's hacked or not:

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: Shaymin in Japanese
Ball: Ultra Ball
Area encountered: Flower Paradise (Apparently met at Lv. 30)
Level encountered: 30
Date: May 2, 2009
Nature: Mild
OT: Something in Japanese
Moves: Defense Curl (40/40), Magical Leaf (20/20), Leech Seed (10/10), and Synthesis (5/5)
Stats:
HP - 105
ATK - 71
DEF - 63
SP.ATK - 81
SP.DEF - 73
SPD - 72
Ability: Natural Cure

It all looks legit to me, but it's shiny. XD So, I wanted to know if a shiny Flower Paradise Japanese Shaymin is possible.

You can SR for a shiny Shaymin in the flower paradise just like any other legend. It's most likely cloned, but there's nothing to suggest it's not legit. Ultra ball is fine because Shaymin has a catch rate of 45.

*anguished sigh*

Pokemon Species: Milotic
Nickname: Milobellus
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Pokemon League
Level encountered: 63
Date: Jun 13, 2009
Nature: Sassy
OT: SACHA
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Aqua Ring
Stats:
HP - 211
ATK - 99
DEF - 123
SP.ATK - 249
SP.DEF - 199
SPD - 112
Ability: Marvel Scale

And it's Beauty is not Maxed out. Hell, none of it's stats are even nudged. So, yeah, I know it might as well be a giant neon sign that reads "LOL CLOVER GOT ANOTHER FAKE," I'm just... why do people do this?? ;-;

*anguished sigh*

Pokemon Species: Milotic
Nickname: Milobellus
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Pokemon League
Level encountered: 63
Date: Jun 13, 2009
Nature: Sassy
OT: SACHA
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Aqua Ring
Stats:
HP - 211
ATK - 99
DEF - 123
SP.ATK - 249
SP.DEF - 199
SPD - 112
Ability: Marvel Scale

And it's Beauty is not Maxed out. Hell, none of it's stats are even nudged. So, yeah, I know it might as well be a giant neon sign that reads "LOL CLOVER GOT ANOTHER FAKE," I'm just... why do people do this?? ;-;
Most likely it's the same thing as Sapphire Light, where they used an Action Replay code to capture another trainer's Pokémon, which would appear to be Cynthia's again.

On time I got a Level 100 Lucario from the GTS in a Master ball with the 4 last attacks that it can learn by leveling up. Totally hacked. There is no way you can get Lucario in a Master ball, or even Riolu. Unless you use AR. No EV's I fed it Vitamins and took them all.

I received a Shaymin from a friend today for my Platinum version. I'm a little unsure about it.

It's a Japanese Shaymin with a Japanese OT. ID number 16036. Level 30. Caught in a Master Ball.

Second page:
Naughty nature.
Apr. 19, 2009
Flower Paradise
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 30.
Highly curious.
Likes spicy food.

It's the 'fateful encounter' flag that makes me unsure - I'm not an expert on event Pokémon, but surely if Oak's Letter was used, it would just have 'apparently met at Lv. 30'? I also received the Gracidea when I talked to the girl in Florama Town.

I'm not worried about being short-changed - I only traded a random Ralts I caught. I was just wondering whether this Shaymin is hacked or not.

I received a Shaymin from a friend today for my Platinum version. I'm a little unsure about it.

It's a Japanese Shaymin with a Japanese OT. ID number 16036. Level 30. Caught in a Master Ball.

Second page:
Naughty nature.
Apr. 19, 2009
Flower Paradise
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 30.
Highly curious.
Likes spicy food.

It's the 'fateful encounter' flag that makes me unsure - I'm not an expert on event Pokémon, but surely if Oak's Letter was used, it would just have 'apparently met at Lv. 30'? I also received the Gracidea when I talked to the girl in Florama Town.

I'm not worried about being short-changed - I only traded a random Ralts I caught. I was just wondering whether this Shaymin is hacked or not.

Apparently all Shaymins caught via the Oak's Letter Event, have the 'Fateful Encounter' Flag. Also, the only reason you received the Gracidea Flower, because any Shaymin with the 'Fateful Encounter' Flag have to be in your party.

I'm generally assuming any Mew I find on the GTS is hacked, but I'd rather ask you guys for confirmation before I start another round of "Mew Roulette." In this case, it's the date and the OT's english name (Mew is in Japanese) that has me most suspicious.

Mew (Japanese)
Regular pokeball
Level: 30
Nature: Relaxed
OT: AMANE
OT ID: 27921
Caught: July 11, 2009
Arrived at lv. 30
No ribbons

Ability: Synchronize
HP: 108
Atk: 70
Def: 77
SpA: 73
SpD: 65
Spd: 63

Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Metronome

I'm generally assuming any Mew I find on the GTS is hacked, but I'd rather ask you guys for confirmation before I start another round of "Mew Roulette." In this case, it's the date and the OT's english name (Mew is in Japanese) that has me most suspicious.

Mew (Japanese)
Regular pokeball
Level: 30
Nature: Relaxed
OT: AMANE
OT ID: 27921
Caught: July 11, 2009
Arrived at lv. 30
No ribbons

Ability: Synchronize
HP: 108
Atk: 70
Def: 77
SpA: 73
SpD: 65
Spd: 63

Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Metronome

It looks like an old sea map mew from emerald. It is probably legit. In Japan they did release that key item the rest of the world got a big FU. I believe that Japanese’s carts. Can select capital English letters. As for the date it list the date you transfer via Pal Park not the day they caught it in emerald.

Last edited:

It looks like an old sea map mew from emerald. It is probably legit. In Japan they did release that key item the rest of the world got a big FU. I believe that Japanese’s carts. Can select capital English letters. As for the date it list the date you transfer via Pal Park not the day they caught it in emerald.

Good to know! Thank you very much. :)

this thread was why i made an account here :p because i really really dont want to use any hacked pokemon... but i frequently visit the GTS

Pokemon Species: Metagross
Nickname: metagurossu ((Japanese))
Ribbons: none
Ball: ive never seen the ball before? its a red/pink color
Area encountered: Route 228
Level encountered: 52, but it's level 54 right now
OT: some Japanese name
Moves: only take down :(
Stats: 160 HP, 152 ATK, 173 DEF, 107 SP ATK, 92 SP DEF, 88 SPEED

What makes me suspicious is the reddish ball I've never seen before, plus he is a shiny and there's a funny red face a little under an inch below the red star indicating it's shiny and I don't know what that means since I've never seen it before on any of my other pokemon.

---
i also have a deoxys that has an OT of Gamestp with that reddish ball again, but i think hes legit since his OT is Gamestp and it says he was obtained at a Pokemon Event at level 50.
---
my brother gave me an Arceus a while back. has it even been released in the USA yet? thats what makes me suspicious of it.

@ Sync

I believe your Pokemon is legit (you can catch Beldum, the pre-evolution of Metang/Metagross on Route 228), although the person used a hacked Cherish Ball (which is a Poke Ball that holds event Pokemon).

I'm not sure about the face, but I think it might have something to do with it's Contest Stats.

the little face means it had pokerus but was cured of it.

Deoxys sounds legit

No arceus hasnt been released outside japan yet

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom