• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Re: The "Is My Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

I wouldnt judge necessarily from the pokeball's i caught groudon in ruby with a net ball completely legitimately, sometimes it just works out. the only one I think is hacked is the obvious one.

This is probably real. I'm thinking it's [bp=Hadou_Mew]this[/bp]. Could you check the ID no.?

Its ID matches, thank you for the link :)

Mew cannot be hatched from an egg. Date met data is iffy and so are the ribbons and shinyness but the egg thing clinches it. And the "all red" ball is a Cherish Ball which you can't get in-game. Most 4th gen events have them and cheaters sometimes hack them.

I know its fake, like I said I was 99.9% sure by its ribbons alone, though it is curious as to why it does not have ALL ribbons.
But it is kinda humourus that someone would make that obvious of a fake, but I just caught a Bibarel for it, so no major loss.

Looks legit to me. Probably Faraway Island Mew.

Cool, I didn't think that'd be real...

Could be a Faraway Island Mew but the Poké Ball is suspicious. Possibile use of a "100% capture" code

OK, I'll keep that in mind.

The Poké Ball is a little suspicious, though it is possible to catch it with Poké Balls. Probably someone used a "All balls 100%" code or something so they could catch it in a Poké Ball but other than that it doesn't look hacked.

OK, that's good.

Legit Entei from Colosseum.

Cool, thanks :)

Legit Suicune from Colosseum.

Cool, thanks again :)

Probably a Faraway Island Mew from Emerald.

Neat :)

Probably Naval Island Lugia from Emerald.

Cool :)

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Japanese Kyogre *shiny*
Lv.100
Careful
A little quick-tempered
HP-310
Atk-217
Def-191
Sp. Atk-285
sp. def-325
speed-194
Rest, Sheer Cold, Double-Edge, Water Spout
PKRS Cured
No Ribbons

Probably Hacked. But just need confirmation. ^^

Japanese Kyogre *shiny*
Lv.100
Careful
A little quick-tempered
HP-310
Atk-217
Def-191
Sp. Atk-285
sp. def-325
speed-194
Rest, Sheer Cold, Double-Edge, Water Spout
PKRS Cured
No Ribbons

Probably Hacked. But just need confirmation. ^^

Doesn't appear to be hacked according to the info you've given. IVs are a bit low (0/12/6/12/11/9) but other than that nothing's seems wrong with it. Maybe give some ball or date info, Met at Level __, or location data because those are usually where the hacks occur.

*anguished sigh*

Pokemon Species: Milotic
Nickname: Milobellus
Ribbons: None
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Pokemon League
Level encountered: 63
Date: Jun 13, 2009
Nature: Sassy
OT: SACHA
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Aqua Ring
Stats:
HP - 211
ATK - 99
DEF - 123
SP.ATK - 249
SP.DEF - 199
SPD - 112
Ability: Marvel Scale

And it's Beauty is not Maxed out. Hell, none of it's stats are even nudged. So, yeah, I know it might as well be a giant neon sign that reads "LOL CLOVER GOT ANOTHER FAKE," I'm just... why do people do this?? ;-;

I know this was answered a while ago, but SACHA? That guy is the ultra-hacker. I see obviously hacked Pokémon (like a shiny Hadou Mew) with that OT once in a while. I think he traded me Aaron's Vespiquen one time.

Sorry for double posting, but I have 2 Japanese Pokémon with and English OT. Everything is normal except the OT. My Pokédex didn't record their foreign data. Is this a hack or is it somehow posible? PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TEXT IS NOT IN THE LARGER LETTERS FOR JAPANESE GAMES

Marowak
OT:ANUBIS

Empoleon
OT:Cameron

Both have their respective Japanese names.

EDIT: I got a lv. 90 Kyogre off the GTS for a Seaking. It is almost completely legit, but ALL of its contest stats are maxed out ALL the way to the top!. It has full sheen also. I really think this is hacked. It was just a seaking, anyways...

Last edited:

Well on my HG my trainer has an English name, so it is possible for Japanese pokemon to have English OT's. It's also possible to give pokemon Japanese names in the English games though. You could test their nationality by using an exp share in battle and seeing if they get the smae amount as a normal traded pokemon, or if they get the foreign boost.

Spiritomb
Sinnoh champ ribbon
Dusk ball
pokemon league
apparently met at level 58
YUYA
Dark pulse, Pyschic, nasty plot, hypnosis
HP: 265
ATK: 198
Def: 266
Sp atk: 268
Sp def: 258
Spe: 125

Spiritomb
Sinnoh champ ribbon
Dusk ball
pokemon league
apparently met at level 58
YUYA
Dark pulse, Pyschic, nasty plot, hypnosis
HP: 265
ATK: 198
Def: 266
Sp atk: 268
Sp def: 258
Spe: 125

Cynthia's Spiritomb, that'll be hacked.

Yeah.. There's no way you can catch a lvl 58 Spiritomb.. (x_x)

@ BulbaRaith

The English names in Japanese games have a different font and can only be caps. That's why I bolded that in my post.

@ BulbaRaith

The English names in Japanese games have a different font and can only be caps. That's why I bolded that in my post.

I've got a Japanese HG and my English name in it has lower case English letters, so it is possible. Or in the first 10 seconds of this clip if you don't trust me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMxNXGTnrOk Trainers name in mixed case: Gold.

Good point. But it didn't add the Japanese data for it on the Pokédex, that's what I'm worried about.

That's why I suggested battling with it, if it gets 1.5x experience it's not foreign, if it gets 1.7x experience it is foreign.

Sorry for double posting, but I have 2 Japanese Pokémon with and English OT. Everything is normal except the OT. My Pokédex didn't record their foreign data. Is this a hack or is it somehow posible? PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TEXT IS NOT IN THE LARGER LETTERS FOR JAPANESE GAMES

Marowak
OT:ANUBIS

Empoleon
OT:Cameron

Both have their respective Japanese names.

EDIT: I got a lv. 90 Kyogre off the GTS for a Seaking. It is almost completely legit, but ALL of its contest stats are maxed out ALL the way to the top!. It has full sheen also. I really think this is hacked. It was just a seaking, anyways...

The first thing is entirely possible. A not-Japanese player must trade an unevolved stage of the Pokémon that is not nicknamed to a Japanese game. When the Pokémon is then evolved in the JP game, it will get a Japanese name yet preserve its OT and its original language origin.

As for the second thing, I've heard it's possible to max all Contest stats legally, though I think it is quite hard to pull out.

Cool! Thanks for your help. I traded the Kyogre for a Groudon, so no worries.

how bout this: Shiny Lv 100 Dialga with a japanese name but an OT that's english. Oh ya, and it had pokerus.

Do i even need to ask?

how bout this: Shiny Lv 100 Dialga with a japanese name but an OT that's english. Oh ya, and it had pokerus.

Do i even need to ask?

most likley hacked, but it could be legit. English players can nickname in Japanese

Do i even need to ask?

Japanese games do have the English letters as an option. Are there any other concerns you have?
edit: damn it ninja'd.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom