• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Re: The "Is My Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

most likley hacked, but it could be legit. English players can nickname in Japanese

danke.
That's what I thought... but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, thanks to Venom also, too lazy to go back a page and click on the little "quote" button on your post too. :p

danke.
That's what I thought... but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, thanks to Venom also, too lazy to go back a page and click on the little "quote" button on your post too. :p

multiquote_off.gif
Multi-quote, my friend.

(Japanese) Mew
Lv.38 (Arrived at lvl 35 from Hoenn)
OT: (Japanese name as well)
Calm
Highly curious
HP-127
Atk-77
Def-88
Sp. Atk-90
Sp. def-92
Speed-84
Ribbons: Champion, Tough

Got this from GTS.. If it's possible, tell me as soon as possible.. I don't want a hacked pokemon in my inventory.. DX

Hey guys!

I just got rid of my sucky Hasty Cresselia for this Manaphy over the GTS:
Seeing as i've never had a Manaphy before, I was just wondering if this seems legit?

Pokedex no: 490
OT: DAVID
ID No. 06358
Untouched
Caught in a normal pokeball

Naive nature
Jun. 2, 2009
Pokemon Ranger
Egg arrived.
Jun. 9, 2009
Mystery Zone <-- this where I thought "hmm, is this thing legit?"
Egg appearantly hatched, blablabla
Fateful encounter

Stats:
HP: 13
Attack: 7
Defense: 7
Sp.Atk: 7
Sp. Def: 6
Speed: 7

Moveset:
Tail Glow
Bubble
Water Sport

No toughness, coolness - that contest stuff, no sheen
No ribbons

Is this thing legit? Sorry for sounding like a noob but i'm new to the GTS :)

Last edited:

(Japanese) Mew
Lv.38 (Arrived at lvl 35 from Hoenn)
OT: (Japanese name as well)
Calm
Highly curious
HP-127
Atk-77
Def-88
Sp. Atk-90
Sp. def-92
Speed-84
Ribbons: Champion, Tough

Got this from GTS.. If it's possible, tell me as soon as possible.. I don't want a hacked pokemon in my inventory.. DX

I wish I knew what the japanese characters in the O/T looked like I might be better be able to narrow it down further but if you could translate the characters and it says hadou it's a movie mew or pokepaaku its a pokepark mew . if it's neither well its Iv's look normal 8 - 10 / 14 - 15 / 19 - 21 / 25 / 8 - 10 / 8 - 10 so if your concerned about it being hacked I doubt it will do your game any harm. if you are concerned because it is in a pokeball other than an actual pokeball it still maybe legit it might be an old sea chart mew from the emerald event which was only released in Japan. like I said without further info I can't give you a definitive answer.

lol I found an obvious one on the GTS. I traded a Hacked shiny Arceus I got, for a legit Arceus.

BUT.....

Arceus, lvl 100 in a Dusk Ball
Met at: Hall of Origin
OT: (Japanese)
Met at: lvl 0 (yes, level 0. DEAD GIVEAWAY)
IVs: all 25
No EVs

I wish I knew what the japanese characters in the O/T looked like I might be better be able to narrow it down further but if you could translate the characters and it says hadou it's a movie mew or pokepaaku its a pokepark mew . if it's neither well its Iv's look normal 8 - 10 / 14 - 15 / 19 - 21 / 25 / 8 - 10 / 8 - 10 so if your concerned about it being hacked I doubt it will do your game any harm. if you are concerned because it is in a pokeball other than an actual pokeball it still maybe legit it might be an old sea chart mew from the emerald event which was only released in Japan. like I said without further info I can't give you a definitive answer.
Thanks.. Glad you remind me of the OT.. I can't find the kanji for Hadou, but I did notice that there's a Mew (Movie event) with ID No. 50716.. So I guess I will assume it's legit..

I'm curious, what exactly is a 'Hacked' Pokemon? I've been trying to find out. Does it cause any glitches in the game? If you trade a Hacked Pokemon would it glitch up your game?

I'm curious, what exactly is a 'Hacked' Pokemon? I've been trying to find out. Does it cause any glitches in the game? If you trade a Hacked Pokemon would it glitch up your game?

hacked pokemon don't cause glitches, but it means it's not legit. From a magikarp with 511 EVs, to a "perfect" shiny celebi with roar of time (which it should learn), they are glitch free, but non legit.

Hey people. I've come to think that my Manaphy probably is legit.
I was having fun on the GTS yesterday, and I only got one really stupid hack.
(Level 99 Yanmega that was caught at Lv 99 in the Snowpoint Temple >___________< n00b)

Anyway, can you please tell me if these are legit? I really hope the first one is...

Latias * (shiny)
Nickname: LATIAS
OT: 10 ANIV (the same as what Serebii says)
ID No. 00010 (also the same as what Serebii says)
Level 72

Mild Nature
Oct. 8, 2007 (this may have been the day the person Pal Park'd it though)
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 70

HP: 217
Attack: 133
Defense: 126
Sp. Atk: 231
Sp. Def: 208
Speed: 226

(Sorry, I haven't been able to check the IVs.. it seems to have some EVs and I don't have enough EV-reducing berries - DANG YOU PLATINUM AND YOUR LENGTHY BERRY-GROWING TIMES :p)

Ribbons:
Effort Ribbon
Sinnoh Champ Ribbon
Ability Ribbon (the one you get for defeating the Tower Tycoon)

So yeah - is this one legit? CAN it be shiny?

Here's the second one:

Latios (Japanese)
ラティオス
Nickname: ラティオス (Ratiosu)
OT: umm.. something
ID No. 08611
Level 42

Timid Nature
Sep. 20, 2009
Faraway place (huh?)
Apparantly met at Lv. 35

HP: 130
Attack: 87
Defense: 82
Sp. Atk: 125
Sp. Def: 107
Speed: 118

Moveset:
DragonBreath
Zen Headbutt (lol)
Luster Purge
Draco Meteor
(It was like this when I got it. I haven't touched it yet)

No ribbons.

Is there any hope for any of these two, or do I have to release them just like I released that stupid Yanmega?

Last edited:

First: Hacked, only certain events can be shiny.

Second: Legit from HGSS.

Sorry in advance if this thread is old enough to make this a necropost.

I've just completed my collection of all 35 legendaries (legit), but I'm a little suspicious about two of them.

Mew
OT: あああああ
NN: ミュウ
ID: 23669
Masterball
lv30, came from Hoenn at lv30
HP 104
Atk 74
Def 68
SpA 74
SpD 62
Spe 67
Pound/Transform/Mega Punch/Metronome

Deoxys (Speed Forme)
OT: ラルド
NN: でおキくん
ID: 05413
Masterball
lv50, came from Hoenn at lv50
HP 121
Atk 113
Def 96
SpA 114
SpD 89
Spe 220
Extremespeed/Psycho Boost/Fire Punch/Swift

I can't see anything that outright states that these are hacks, but I'm suspicious nevertheless. The GTS seems to think these are legit too, seeing that I got them from offering pokemon instead of answering somebody else's offer. Seeing that my hacked Mews and Deoxyses (same level as those from the events) get rejected but these ones didn't, there is a slim chance that they are real. Will somebody please solve this problem?

Yeah.. High possibility Mew is legit.. As for Deoxys.. It lacks of information.. Is it touched? What's the nature? With that, we can check for the IV..

Hmm, I suspect this is hacked, but just to make sure...

Jirachi
Lv 53 (touched)
OT: AAAAAAA
ID no: 19294
Jan 29, 2008
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv 53
Ball: Masterball
Jolly nature
Stats (Not IVs): 174/126/127/109/120/157
Ribbons: None
Moves: Wish, Doom Desire, Psychic, Swift

Thanks

Jirachi
Lv 53 (touched)
Jan 29, 2008
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv 53
Jolly nature

Thanks

You can't catch Jirachi, therefore Masterball is suspicious.. Even WSHMKR Jirachi is just caught in a Pokeball.. NZ Jirachi is caught in a Cherish Ball.. This is as far as I know..

Jirachi
Lv 53 (touched)
Jan 29, 2008
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv 53
Jolly nature

Thanks

Yes, it's hacked. I have also got a Jirachi from this ''AAAAAA'' guy. The only legit English OTs are WISHMKR and NZ.

Thought it was suspicious... Thanks

Yeah.. High possibility Mew is legit.. As for Deoxys.. It lacks of information.. Is it touched? What's the nature? With that, we can check for the IV..

Wow...I can't believe that somebody would just trade away their legit Mew just like that...Even if this was a Pokesav creation, it seems to have been put a lot of effort into...

As for the Deoxys...

moveset
Extremespeed: lv50, gen III
Psycho Boost: lv45, gen III
Fire Punch: HG/SS Move tutor
Swift: lv30, gen III

I'm in school right now, so I can't check the nature at the moment. I'll editpost later.

EDIT: Naive nature.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom