• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

So, is it hack or not?

It's a hack. I checked and the Ageto Celebi (Colosseum) will always have the ID of 31121. So there actually isn't a Celebi with personal OT/ID, I should have double checked before believing that .__.;;

I received this in a trade. Can you tell me if it is hacked?

MEW
Lv.4
Caught in Ultra Ball

Naive Nature
Jul. 7, 2006
Route 204
Apparently met at Lv.4
Alert to sounds

Dex No.: 255
Name: MEW
Type: Psychic
OT: COREY
ID No.: 00595
Exp. Points: 96
To Next Lv.: 39

HP: 22/22
Attack: 13
Defense: 13
Sp. Attack: 13
Sp. Defense: 12
Speed: 15

Ablity: Synchronise

Moves: Pound, Transform

It is in my SoulSilver game.

got these guys from a my pkmn leage i go to from some kid

shiny luxray
lv.60
route 203
quik ball
met at lv 4
april 13 2009
OT andrew
ID No. 63959

shiny magikarp lv 6
ultra ball
lake valor
met at lv 6
july 16 2010
OT: ash
ID No.34995

looks pretty legit what do u guys think?

smartgamer: They look fine, but can you provide their accurate IVs? As they are wild DPPt Pokemon, they should be generated by method 1..

Source http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html
"All Pokemon caught from Diamond and Pearl should have their PID created using Method 1" although the article indeed says grass/reeled Pokemon are Method J, legal results should appear as Method 1 in that applet.

Last edited:
smartgamer: They look fine, but can you provide their accurate IVs? As they are wild DPPt Pokemon, they should be generated by method 1..

In fact it's Method J the PRNG algorithm they follow, a slight variation of the Method 1 one.

Okay, I just got these in a trade, and I'm curious if they're legit.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Japanese characters I can't read
Ribbons: None
Ball: PokeBall
Area encountered: Newmoon Island
Level encountered: Lv. 50 (The Darkrai is 100 now.)
OT: More characters I can't read
Moves: Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Nightmare, and Dream Eater
Stats: HP is 272, Attack is 219, Defense is 210, Sp. Atk is 303, Sp. Def is 192, Speed is 280.
Misc. Info: ID # is 30024, Exp. Gained overall is 1250000, Quick Tempered, Serious nature.

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: N/A
Ribbons: N/A
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Flower Paradise
Level encountered: 30
OT: ASH
Moves: Growth, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Synthesis
Stats: HP is 101, Attack is 69, Defense is 72, Sp. Atk is 66, Sp. Defense is 69, Speed is 70.
Misc. Info: ID # is 51690, Highly Curious, Impish Nature.

Any more questions about them, just ask.

I got 1 more pokemon to check...
Shiny manaphy
Nick: MANAPHY
caught in: pokeball
level: 8
nature: lonely
jun 5, 2010
pokemon ranger
egg arrived
jun 5, 2010
route 213
egg apparently hatched
fateful encounter
scatters things often
OT: LARI
ID no: 45448
stats: HP: 36 Atk: 23 Def: 18 SpA: 21 SpD: 21 Spe: 21
ability: hydration
moveset: tail glow, bubble, water sport
IVs: 28/2/10/5/6/12
EVs: 1/3/0/0/0/0

Okay, I just got these in a trade, and I'm curious if they're legit.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: Japanese characters I can't read
Ribbons: None
Ball: PokeBall
Area encountered: Newmoon Island
Level encountered: Lv. 50 (The Darkrai is 100 now.)
OT: More characters I can't read
Moves: Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Nightmare, and Dream Eater
Stats: HP is 272, Attack is 219, Defense is 210, Sp. Atk is 303, Sp. Def is 192, Speed is 280.
Misc. Info: ID # is 30024, Exp. Gained overall is 1250000, Quick Tempered, Serious nature.

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: N/A
Ribbons: N/A
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Flower Paradise
Level encountered: 30
OT: ASH
Moves: Growth, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Synthesis
Stats: HP is 101, Attack is 69, Defense is 72, Sp. Atk is 66, Sp. Defense is 69, Speed is 70.
Misc. Info: ID # is 51690, Highly Curious, Impish Nature.

Any more questions about them, just ask.
For the Shaymin, is it a fateful encounter? For Shaymin caught in-game in Platinum, it WILL have the fateful encounter flag set. This is in the game's programming. If it does not have one, it's hacked or caught via tweaking in Diamond/Pearl. (You need Platinum to get the Shaymin with said flag)

I got 1 more pokemon to check...
Shiny manaphy
Nick: MANAPHY
caught in: pokeball
level: 8
nature: lonely
jun 5, 2010
pokemon ranger
egg arrived
jun 5, 2010
route 213
egg apparently hatched
fateful encounter
scatters things often
OT: LARI
ID no: 45448
stats: HP: 36 Atk: 23 Def: 18 SpA: 21 SpD: 21 Spe: 21
ability: hydration
moveset: tail glow, bubble, water sport
IVs: 28/2/10/5/6/12
EVs: 1/3/0/0/0/0
Anyone?
BTW was this thread unstickied?

Yes, the Shaymin is a fateful encounter. So it's legit?
I checked whether the stats are possible using an IV calculator. (It will give an error if the stats are impossible)
So far, it's still legit. IVs and stats are in the plausible range. (You didn't use the Pokémon in ingame battles yet, right?)

Anyone?
BTW was this thread unstickied?

It's hacked. The only way ranger Manaphy can be shiny is if the egg is traded to another game and it hatches shiny on the second game. By default ranger manaphy is set to non-shiny.

I have an Arceus that I believe is hacked. It says it was caught in the Hall of Origin but its name is in English. Now, I could be wrong, but I know the Azure Flute was never released, and I'm pretty sure the glitch allowing you to access the Hall of Origin was removed from the English games. And I know that Pokémon names have a five-character limit in Japanese games, so there's no way it could be caught in the Hall or Origin and still be called ARCEUS (6 characters), right? (Well, unless both trainers had the same ID/SID and the second person nicknamed it, but what are the odds of that?) I'm almost positive it's hacked but I just thought I'd check (it worked for the Sinjoh Ruins event so I'm not too upset if it is, it just means someone wasn't being completely honest :banghead:)

I have an Arceus that I believe is hacked. It says it was caught in the Hall of Origin but its name is in English. Now, I could be wrong, but I know the Azure Flute was never released, and I'm pretty sure the glitch allowing you to access the Hall of Origin was removed from the English games. And I know that Pokémon names have a five-character limit in Japanese games, so there's no way it could be caught in the Hall or Origin and still be called ARCEUS (6 characters), right? (Well, unless both trainers had the same ID/SID and the second person nicknamed it, but what are the odds of that?) I'm almost positive it's hacked but I just thought I'd check (it worked for the Sinjoh Ruins event so I'm not too upset if it is, it just means someone wasn't being completely honest :banghead:)

you are correct the Azure flute wasn't released. I would say hacked. They probably hacked for the Azure flute. Then caught arceus at the hall of origin.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom