• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

I was doing a double wild Pokémon battle in the Eterna Forest in my Diamond version, and I had out my Empoleon, IceCream (Who was a Prinplup at the time), and Charap, my Chatot. After defeating the 1st wild Pokémon, Charap gained 5 levels in 10 seconds!!!!! I was like "WTF???". And seriously, it was THAT wierd. I'm still wondering if it's a random hack.

EDIT: Here are some things about Charap which are strangley... normal:

Gained at Jubelife city from a random in-game character
Power level in the mid 20's (After the huge level-up fiasco)
Knows 4 moves: Fly, Sing, Steel Wing, and Chatter.
Pokédex entry: normal
Sprite looks: normal
Cry: Normal

Plus, I gave Charap no Rare Candies or anything like that whatsoever at the time of the level-up-fast fiasco. What exactly happened?

Last edited:
Pokemon: Ditto
Jan. 19 2046
Trophy Garden
Apparently met at Lv. 22
Often dozes off.

OT: Syb
Id no. 24726

It is all flawless and its Modest.

2zzq60x.jpg
does that mean it's hacked?

Pokemon: Ditto
Jan. 19 2046
Trophy Garden
Apparently met at Lv. 22
Often dozes off.

OT: Syb
Id no. 24726

It is all flawless and its Modest.

I'm pretty sure it's been RNG'd and is legit. I have the same one and I use it for RNGing and so do a lot of other people. :]

after the 2009 bug update (which if downloaded recently it won't have the bug) it's pretty safe to assume it probably is hacked

but w/e

Most of us downloaded our copy of legal.exe in 2010, so I wouldn't worry about not having a 2009 update. I would explain why it is not necessarily hacked, but I don't want to help hackers any more than I have to.

Legal.exe hasn't been updated since February and although I believe it accounts for most situations, last I heard isn't 100% on Platinum trash byte patterns; and hasn't been updated for HeartGold/SoulSilver trashbytes at all.

Legal.exe hasn't been updated since February and although I believe it accounts for most situations, last I heard isn't 100% on Platinum trash byte patterns; and hasn't been updated for HeartGold/SoulSilver trashbytes at all.

Yep, that's right.

Moreover, that is just for the American games. Sabresite doesn't have enough information for the other languages, so Pokémon traded between Generation III games of different locales and then migrated will have strange values as well.

On the other hand, Pokémon that were first migrated and then evolved on a Generation IV cart will have invalid trash bytes.

I know this is hacked I just need someone to back up my accusation.

Lucario caught in a master ball. Nuff' said.

This must be hacked because In gen 4 no Lucario can be caught in anything but a poke ball to be legit.

This must be hacked because In gen 4 no Lucario can be caught in anything but a poke ball to be legit.

Not exactly true. Riolu can be found in the Safari Zone in HGSS. But otherwise, yes, and a Master Ball is indeed impossible in the fourth generation.

A Lucario in anything but a Poke, Cherish, or Safari Ball is hacked, period.

Well I recieved a Larvitar that was caught with a Safari Ball... and there are no Larvitars in any Safari Zone, is it a hack? (That Larvitar is currently a Lv. 100 Tyranitar, and I used no Rare Candy's on it or nothing like that, I leveled it up with hard work)And I hope it isn't hacked, or I would've wasted all my time training a hacked pkmn...

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom