• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Thanks for the help. I don't really mind the Deoxys and Mew being sort of hacked-- I once hacked a Darkrai in a similar fashion because I couldn't find my Platinum when the event was going on ;~; I am disappointed in my friend for lying to me about the Tyranitar, though.

Alrighty, I have another one-- a shiny Medicham I got off the GTS for a Lv. 1 Porygon-Z:

Pokemon Species: Medicham
Nickname: Something in Japanese...
Ribbons: Sinnoh Champ Ribbon
Ball: Quick Ball
Area encountered: Route 211
Level encountered: 14
OT: Again, something in Japanese.
Moves: Calm Mind, Detect, Hi Jump Kick, Meditate.
Stats: Attack- 61, Defense- 71, Sp. Atk- 61, Sp. Def- 54, Speed- 67

Thanks for the help. I don't really mind the Deoxys and Mew being sort of hacked-- I once hacked a Darkrai in a similar fashion because I couldn't find my Platinum when the event was going on ;~; I am disappointed in my friend for lying to me about the Tyranitar, though.

Alrighty, I have another one-- a shiny Medicham I got off the GTS for a Lv. 1 Porygon-Z:

Pokemon Species: Medicham
Nickname: Something in Japanese...
Ribbons: Sinnoh Champ Ribbon
Ball: Quick Ball
Area encountered: Route 211
Level encountered: 14
OT: Again, something in Japanese.
Moves: Calm Mind, Detect, Hi Jump Kick, Meditate.
Stats: Attack- 61, Defense- 71, Sp. Atk- 61, Sp. Def- 54, Speed- 67

well the area it was caught is right and so is the level it was caught at but I need more information. like it's current level, nature and any ev's it has, but for now it looks ok.

I received it at level 37, and it has the Naughty nature. And EVs... EVs... you have to use those berries to find the EVs, don't you? Sorry, I'm a total n00b when it comes to this EV and IV stuff... I don't have any EV berries, though, except for a couple of Pomeg Berries...

Last edited:
Definitely hacked. The only time Eevee is ever legal with a Masterball is if it were caught in the Trophy Garden.

I received it at level 37, and it has the Naughty nature. And EVs... EVs... you have to use those berries to find the EVs, don't you? Sorry, I'm a total n00b when it comes to this EV and IV stuff... I don't have any EV berries, though, except for a couple of Pomeg Berries...

That's all right, even though most don't like to admit it we were all noobs at one point. It is the order of things. Well if you are playing HG or SS what you can do is start rock smashing to collect shards. Then trade those shards to the guy near the pal park. If you are playing D/P/Pt you will have to either go looking for them or hope the berry master will give you one and then try to grow more. For future reference your stats should be listed like this HP/Att/Def/SpAtt/SpDef/Speed. I will try to make do with the info you gave me.

Edit: Ok, with the info you provided nothing stands out as hacked. Even with out knowing the Ev's or HP stat I ran it through an Iv calculator and it doesn't have no where near perfect Iv's, so more than likely it's legit. Someone probably chained to get it.

Last edited:
Legal exe is a computer program.... It checks hidden values, like IVs, SID, PID, Trash Bytes, etc. It is more extensive than a surface check (checking its moves, location, ball, stats, level, ot, etc, which are details you should always post in here so someone can help spot bad hacks like Route 210 Palkia or OT ABC Deoxys).
Can you legal hack my Shiny Mew please? I type out the info, you can let me know if it's legit here/PM :D (gained 596 exp, to next level 146) :

BallPok%C3%A9status.png
MEW
Lv.10
Spr_4d_151_s.png

Pokedex No. 151
Name MEW
Type
PsychicIC.gif

OT MYSTERY
ID No. 06930

Timid nature.
Apr. 30, 2007
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 10.

Thoroughly cunning.
Likes sweet food.

Stats:
HP: 42
ATK: 24
DEF: 25
SPATK: 27
SPDEF: 25
SPEED: 28
Ability: Synchronize

Moves:
Pound
Transform​

There ya go :cool:

alright. i got a shaymin from a friend and i want to know if its legit or not.

------------------------------

SHAYMIN
Lv. 50
OT: Movie11
ID No. 04019
Item: Micle Berry

Relaxed Nature
April 4, 2009
Pokemon Event - apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50.
Good perseverance.
Ability: Natural Cure

HP: 161
Attack: 119
Defense: 101
Sp. Attack: 126
Sp. Defense: 88
Speed: 125

Moves:
Seed Flare
Aromatherapy
Substitute
Energy Ball

IVS:
HP: 2 - 3
Attack: 22 - 23
Defense: 24 - 25
Sp. Attack: 2 - 3
Sp. Defense: 16 - 17
Speed: 14 - 15

@GameCodeTrainer: Being timid and shiny looks very suspicious. Does the OT actually have an "E" in it, or did you just make a typo?

@MexicoWolf: Looks okay to me.

I got a few pokemon I'd like someone to check
Shiny Mew
lvl: 31
nickname: something in japanese
caught in: pokeball
modest nature
apr. 12, 2009
hoenn
arrived at lvl 30
good endurance
ot: something in japanese
id no: 00579
ability: synchronize
moveset: pound, transform, mega punch, metronome
stats: HP: 110 Atk: 61 Def: 75 SpA: 78 SpD: 74 Spe: 68
Shiny celebi
lvl: 16
nickname: something in japanese
caught in: cherish ball
nature: gentle
dec. 25 2009
nintendo world
apparently had a fateful encounter at lvl 10
scatters things often
ot: spyX
id no 2081
stats: HP: 62 Atk: 40 Def: 34 SpA: 40 SpD: 40 Spe: 40
ability: natural cure
moveset: confusion, recover, heal bell, safeguard
Shiny latias
lvl 40
nickname: LATIAS
Caught in: ultra ball
nature: rash
may 15, 2007
hoenn
arrived at lvl 40
often scatters things
ot: themark
id no: 06538
Stats: HP: 114 Atk: 69 Def: 77 SpA: 103 SpD: 98 Spe: 93
ability: levitate
moveset: fly, surf, thunderbolt, cut
Shiny latios
lvl:40
Nickname: LATIOS
caught in: masterball
nature: bold
aug 10 2009
hoenn
arrived at lvl 40
quick to flee
ot: xui mei
id no: 35153
stats: HP:118 Atk: 71 Def: 82 SpA: 110 SpD: 94 Spe: 104
Ability: levitate
moveset: protect, refresh, luster purge, psychic

@ Jodi

The only one that is definitely hacked based on that is the Celebi. Keep in mind that all Celebi have been events, they will never have personal OTs like that.

For the others, the IVs would help a lot. I would think that putting those 3 through legal would probably sort it out. If you want me to check them let me know. I have seen so many hacked shiny Faraway Island Mew and Lati@s from Emerald I wouldn't be too optimistic, unfortunately.

For the Latias, is it completely UT? I went and got approximate IVs in an IV calculator, and they don't match up with the 'Often Scatters Things' trait.

Mew: IVs 24/2/28/15/25/4, EVs 6/10/0/0/0/8
Latias: IVs 2/0/0/0/0/0, EVs 2/2/0/16/0/0
Latios: IVs 10/5/15/3/4/29, EVs 0 in all
listed as HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Mew: IVs 24/2/28/15/25/4, EVs 6/10/0/0/0/8
Latias: IVs 2/0/0/0/0/0, EVs 2/2/0/16/0/0
Latios: IVs 10/5/15/3/4/29, EVs 0 in all
listed as HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Those combinations of IVs/natures are all illegal. I assume you checked the IVs with an AR or something so they are exact, right? In that case, they're all hacks.

Yeah, checked them with AR. Thanks for helping, guess those guys are gonna get released...

@ Jodi

The only one that is definitely hacked based on that is the Celebi. Keep in mind that all Celebi have been events, they will never have personal OTs like that.

You can get a legit Celebi from the Japanese Version of Pokemon Colosseum with a personal OT and ID number. It's level 10.

I got traded a level 28 Skorupi which said it was caught at the Great Marsh. According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, the highest level Skorupi you can get in the Great Marsh is level 26. It hasn't been trained at all, and it says it was found at level 28. Is this a hack?

I got traded a level 28 Skorupi which said it was caught at the Great Marsh. According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, the highest level Skorupi you can get in the Great Marsh is level 26. It hasn't been trained at all, and it says it was found at level 28. Is this a hack?

Yeah, my guess is someone used a code to generate a wild Skorupi but didn't make sure it was a legal level. If I remember right, Skorupi is pretty rare in the marsh?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom