• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

The deoxys is a hack. The ticket that is needed to activate the in game event was not given out for Emerald, which is the only one of the three hoenn games that even has the Birth Island data. Now before anyone mentions that it was given out in the same year that Emerald was released ... yes, it was ... but the release of emerald came two months after the event took place. So it’s a hack. He probably used an AR or Game Shark to open up the in game event. So this pokemon will not affect your game negatively.

But wait, if said deoxys is gotten in FR or LG and is then traded and imported to a Hoenn game, wouldn't it be from hoenn?

Species:Dialga
Nickname:dialga
Ribbons:None
Ball:Masterball
Area encountered:Spear Pillar
Level encountered:47
OT:GRANT
Moves:matal claw, ancient power, dragon claw, roar of time
Stats:Hp: 174, ATK 121, def 133, spA 161, spD 104, spd 100

Species:Dialga
Nickname:dialga
Ribbons:None
Ball:Masterball
Area encountered:Spear Pillar
Level encountered:47
OT:GRANT
Moves:matal claw, ancient power, dragon claw, roar of time
Stats:Hp: 174, ATK 121, def 133, spA 161, spD 104, spd 100

I don't see anything wrong with this pokemon, however you should also include its nature, ev's and current level. Those stats mean nothing without that information.

I don't see anything wrong with this pokemon, however you should also include its nature, ev's and current level. Those stats mean nothing without that information.

no. im just wonderigng if that is the right level it was encountered on, cuz lv 47 to encounter and legend seams kinda weird...

Pokemon Species: Shiny Ditto
Nickname: None
Ribbons: None
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Faraway place
Level encountered: Apparently met at Lv. 42.
OT: CMB
Moves: Transform
Stats: Stats are irrelevant unless I have EV's, and I don't know how to get those.

Last edited:
Pokemon Species: Shiny Ditto
Nickname: None
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Faraway place
Level encountered: Apparently met at Lv. 42.
OT: CMB
Moves: Transform
Stats: Stats are irrelevant unless I have EV's, and I don't know how to get those.

It would be very helpful to have the IVs as well as the ID, but the information you have provided is OK so far. It is probably okay assuming it wasn't from an AR code that made the wild Pokemon shiny or something. If you get a chance, I'd put this in legal and see what it says. That could confirm legal IVs and PID at least.

Nah, the region that shows up once it is pal parked is the game it originated from.

More properly, the region that shows up is the one the Pokémon has in its data structure. For example, a Pokémon Colosseum Ho-Oh doesn't appear as a 'Distant Land' species when migrated via Pal Park but one from 'Hoenn'.

More properly, the region that shows up is the one the Pokémon has in its data structure. For example, a Pokémon Colosseum Ho-Oh doesn't appear as a 'Distant Land' species when migrated via Pal Park but one from 'Hoenn'.

To the extent of my knowledge Colosseum Ho-oh will show up as Distant Land when Pal Parked. The same is true for Pokemon from XD.

To the extent of my knowledge Colosseum Ho-oh will show up as Distant Land when Pal Parked.

No, it shows up as a Hoenn Pokémon, though all the other purified Pokémon from Colosseum display 'Distant Land'. It's even documented in some places and confirmed by the people behind Legal Checker.

Moreover, that info was long known since applications like Pokémon Maker or Factory were developed for the Generation III titles.

No, it shows up as a Hoenn Pokémon, though all the other purified Pokémon from Colosseum display 'Distant Land'. It's even documented in some places and confirmed by the people behind Legal Checker

So Ho'oh would be the exception to the rule, then? Come to think of it I don't believe I have a Colosseum Ho'oh, but I have many other Pokemon from those games that do say Distant Land.

So Ho'oh would be the exception to the rule, then?

Not the exception but it just sticks to the actual rule, the one that says the Pal Park looks at the internal Hometown and Version parameters of each Pokémon data structure individually to give them an actual value when migrating them to a Generation IV game.

Pokemon Species:Arceus
Nickname:Arceus
Ribbons:Gorgeous,Royal and Gorgeous Royal Ribbon(3 Ribbons)
Ball:Master Ball
Area encountered:Route 229
Level encountered:100
OT:SAMMY
Moves:Flamethrower,Overheat,Dragon Claw and Judgment
Stats:All around 250(Shiny too)
ID No.:57428
It's probably hacked

Pokemon Species:Arceus
Nickname:Arceus
Ribbons:Gorgeous,Royal and Gorgeous Royal Ribbon(3 Ribbons)
Ball:Master Ball
Area encountered:Route 229
Level encountered:100
OT:SAMMY
Moves:Flamethrower,Overheat,Dragon Claw and Judgment
Stats:All around 250(Shiny too)
ID No.:57428
It's probably hacked

No question on being a hack. Any legit Arceus would be fateful encounter as the Azure Flute has not been distributed. Route 229 and encountered at 100 is just rediculous.

I have good news and bad news...

the bad news...

The deoxys is a hack. The ticket that is needed to activate the in game event was not given out for Emerald, which is the only one of the three hoenn games that even has the Birth Island data. Now before anyone mentions that it was given out in the same year that Emerald was released ... yes, it was ... but the release of emerald came two months after the event took place. So it’s a hack. He probably used an AR or Game Shark to open up the in game event. So this pokemon will not affect your game negatively.

Erm...the UK Aurora Ticket event was after the US Emerald release, so people who imported could get the event. Like I did.

Last edited:
I have this japanese Ho-Oh I got of the globel trading station, I plan on probably trading it some day, but it occured to me that I don't know if it's hacked or not and I don't like to give hacked pokemon to poeple unless the reciever knows it's hacked, so can someone tell me if this is hacked?

Pokemon Species: Ho-Oh(Ok that probably wasnt neccesary).
Nickname: I think it's just Ho-Oh's japanese name.
Ball: Master ball
Area encountered: Faraway place Apparenty met at Lv. 70.
Level encountered: I got the thing at level 72, but if you mean the level it says it was incountered then thats above.
OT: Some japanese name, my computer dosnt have japanese characters on it.
Moves: Sacred Fire, Punishment, AncientPower, Recover.
Stats: HP: 255, ATK: 210, DEF: 163, Sp. ATK: 158, Sp. DEF: 241, Speed: 154

So is it hacked or not?

I have this japanese Ho-Oh I got of the globel trading station, I plan on probably trading it some day, but it occured to me that I don't know if it's hacked or not and I don't like to give hacked pokemon to poeple unless the reciever knows it's hacked, so can someone tell me if this is hacked?

Pokemon Species: Ho-Oh(Ok that probably wasnt neccesary).
Nickname: I think it's just Ho-Oh's japanese name.
Ball: Master ball
Area encountered: Faraway place Apparenty met at Lv. 70.
Level encountered: I got the thing at level 72, but if you mean the level it says it was incountered then thats above.
OT: Some japanese name, my computer dosnt have japanese characters on it.
Moves: Sacred Fire, Punishment, AncientPower, Recover.
Stats: HP: 255, ATK: 210, DEF: 163, Sp. ATK: 158, Sp. DEF: 241, Speed: 154

So is it hacked or not?

Based on that information it looks OK. Can't tell just by that if it is a hack or not. Nature and IVs would help.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom