• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

I already responded to your post. If you can't provide any more information you can't get a better answer. If you're really worried about it you should have it hack checked.

There isn't a reason to believe based on the information you provided that the Ho'oh is hacked. However, I can't say it's legal based on the above.

One thing you could tell me is if it seems to have been trained those two levels and has some EVs. You could wipe the EVs and provide the stats to make sure they are in the legal limits.

Well I'm pretty comfident it is just from some japanese heartgold player and that it isnt hacked, so if you say nothing there indicates it's hacked then I'm going to go out on a lim here and assume it isnt.

Name: Deoxys
Shiny
Feb. 28, 2008
Hoenn
Arrived at LV100
Modest Nature
Capable of taking hits
ID number 00000

HP:304
Atk:302
Def:136
SpA:438
Spd:137
Speed:336

Ability: Pressure

Name: Deoxys
Shiny
Feb. 28, 2008
Hoenn
Arrived at LV100
Modest Nature
Capable of taking hits
ID number 00000

HP:304
Atk:302
Def:136
SpA:438
Spd:137
Speed:336

Ability: Pressure
From that ID Alone, I'd jump at hacked...do you know the IVs at all?

That means it's had EVs. Try using the berries to reduce them to 0?

Or...take the ID as proof of hack.

I have a few pokemon that I've been suspicious about for a while. Not sure what other info I should include :eek:

Palkia (Shiny) - Lv. 100
OT: ADAM
ID: 10315
Modest nature.
Jan. 8, 2010
Spear Pillar
Apparently met at Lv. 70
Loves to eat.
Likes dry food.
IVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0

=================

Deoxys (Shiny) - Lv. 30
OT: SACHA
ID: 62306
Calm nature.
Dec. 11, 2008
Kanto
Arrived at Lv. 30.

Somewhat vain.
Likes bitter food.
IVs: 16/23/23/7/26/1

=================

Registeel (Shiny) - Lv. 40
OT: Zyos
ID: 45180
Bold nature.
Jul. 26, 2010
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 40.

Sturdy body.
Likes sour food.
IVs: 21/13/25/6/9/8

=================

Rayquaza (Shiny) - Lv. 89
OT: RICH
ID: 39064
Rash nature.
Feb. 13, 2010
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 70.

Mischievous.
Likes dry food.
IVs: 11/0/8/21/20/10

=================

Jirachi (Shiny) - Lv. 5
OT: WISHMKR
ID: 20043
Docile nature.
Oct. 8, 2007
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 5.

Likes to relax.
Happily eats anything.
IVs: 19/7/10/19/10/16
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest

shiny hoothoot
naughty
good perseverance
male
luxery ball
PKRS cured
OT:satoshi
ID no. 54414
leval 3 UT
route 29
0ct. 16,2010

keen eye

tackle
growl
foresight

ok ive got another one that im skeptical of

shiny gallade lv 20
ultra ball
male
naive
oct. 21, 2010
route 204
apparently met at lv.5
likes to relax
ID no.:30074
OT: CINDY

steadfast

luckychant
confusion
double team
teleport

i find it odd that the day it was cought is the same day that it was traded to me :/
(BTW: when we were tradeing, the guy had an extremely hacked shiny ho-oh in his party)

Last edited:
ok ive got another one that im skeptical of

shiny gallade lv 20
ultra ball
male
naive
oct. 21, 2010
route 204
apparently met at lv.5
likes to relax
ID no.:30074
OT: CINDY

steadfast

luckychant
confusion
double team
teleport

i find it odd that the day it was cought is the same day that it was traded to me :/
(BTW: when we were tradeing, the guy had an extremely hacked shiny ho-oh in his party)

Based on that info it is a chained shiny (if it is legitimate). If you think the person was sketchy, you should probably hack check it. Did you see if the Ho'oh had a different OT than this Gallade?

The correlations for shiny Deoxys, shiny Registeel and shiny Rayquaza do in fact exist and are tied to the Method 1, so why you think they are hacked? Unless we look at their Personality Values or Trash Bytes to prove otherwise, they look perfectly legit to me.

The correlations for shiny Deoxys, shiny Registeel and shiny Rayquaza do in fact exist and are tied to the Method 1, so why you think they are hacked? Unless we look at their Personality Values or Trash Bytes to prove otherwise, they look perfectly legit to me.

Interesting. I ran the Deoxys again and it came up as Method 1. Perhaps the applet had a brain fart the other day. The other two still appear to be hacked. For Registeel I am getting Method 2. For Rayquaza I am getting no results.

Edit: Based on everyone else's findings, the HTML version of the Applet I was using appears to be unreliable. Retracted my previous post.

Last edited:
I received a level 61 Gardevoir from the GTS recently, and it said that it was captured at the pokemon league... Hack? :p

Interesting. I ran the Deoxys again and it came up as Method 1. Perhaps the applet had a brain fart the other day. The other two still appear to be hacked. For Registeel I am getting Method 2 which would perhaps indicate a code to generate a Wild Registeel was used. For Rayquaza I am getting no results.

There does seem to be a PID (only 1 possible) using method 1 for the Rash Rayquaza with those IVs: 2211940269

I received a level 61 Gardevoir from the GTS recently, and it said that it was captured at the pokemon league... Hack? :p
If it's caught at the league like you say, hacked.

Registeel's IV and nature is possible for a Method 1 and a Method 2 PID. So it can be hacked or not.
Only legal exe will be able to help you determine Registeel's legality. ps ask me

Last edited:
There does seem to be a PID (only 1 possible) using method 1 for the Rash Rayquaza with those IVs: 2211940269

Registeel's IV and nature is possible for a Method 1 and a Method 2 PID. So it can be hacked or not.

Only legal exe will be able to help you determine Registeel's legality. ps ask me

Thanks guys, fixed my previous post.

Based on that info it is a chained shiny (if it is legitimate). If you think the person was sketchy, you should probably hack check it. Did you see if the Ho'oh had a different OT than this Gallade?

and gallade's capture date is:eek:ctober, 21, 2010
(the same date that i was traded it....)

the ho-oh has the same OT:CINDY as gallade
when i told him that the ho-oh in his party was "hacked beyond belief"
he said
Yeah, that was from a few years ago when D/P was all the rage in school, and if it wasn't shiny, it wasn't good enough...I just use it for Fly though. HA, childhood...

so off of this info i probably should get a hack check for it
:/

and gallade's capture date is:eek:ctober, 21, 2010
(the same date that i was traded it....)

the ho-oh has the same OT:CINDY as gallade
when i told him that the ho-oh in his party was "hacked beyond belief"
he said

so off of this info i probably should get a hack check for it
:/

Might as well, legal.exe can usually tell if it's a legitimate chained shiny or not :)

Edit: Based on everyone else's findings, the HTML version of the Applet I was using appears to be unreliable. Retracted my previous post.
Bah. I already released them except for the Palkia and Jirachi :|
Ah well.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing that goes here, but if one of my pokemon got Pokerus from a hacked pokemon that I got over WiFi, would the pokemon/its Pokerus be considered hacked?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom