• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Hullo,

I just finished checking it with PokeGen and PokeCheck.ORG. Here is the result:

As you can see, it says Hacked on the PID values not matching up with the Shiny information. I checked with PokeGen to see if I could create the PID for said values, nature, and ability without any luck. I did a secondary test of creating a duplicate with the PID search for Shiny and uploaded it to PokeCheck with a succesful PID match as seen here:

Not to mention that the IV values are too symmetrical for my own personal taste. However, I have no clue what the creator wanted out of this Riolu since most are built for Speed. The nature specifically reduces Speed and increases SpD, which are the lowest and highest stats respectively. This would most likely be a hatched Pokemon if it were legal and not Safari zone.

Pokemon Species: Lugia
Nickname: Lugia
Ribbons: Gift Ribbon01 (National Ribbon) Look at bottom post for pictures/more info
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: Distant Land (Pokemon XD)
Level encountered: Arrived at Lv. 50 after a long travel through time.
OT: MICHAEL
Moves: Psycho Boost, FeatherDance, Earthquake, Hydro Pump
Stats:
HP: 166
Attack: 102
Defense: 148
Sp. Atk: 96
Sp. Def: 176
Speed: 104

Last edited:
Pokemon Species: Lugia
Nickname: Lugia
Ribbons: Says Gift Ribbon01
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: Distant Land (Pokemon XD)
Level encountered: Arrived at Lv. 50 after a long travel through time.
OT: Michael (Got this from my friend for being helpful)
Moves: Psycho Boost, FeatherDance, Earthquake, Hydro Pump
Stats:
HP: 166
Attack: 102
Defense: 148
Sp. Atk: 96
Sp. Def: 176
Speed: 104

Gift Ribbon? it doesn't have a Purification Ribbon?

@Thuzle Awesome!! Then its most likely legit it has the national ribbon, I'll upload with pictures. I'll edit this post when I have them uploaded.

Last edited:
@Syadin With all that information it is very very unlikely that it is hacked. The IV's are actually very poor XD

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: Jirachi
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon, A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon.
Ball: Uhh... That special event red one.
Area encountered: Sinnoh
Level encountered: Arrived at Lv. 5, fateful encounter
OT: GAMESTP
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, Draco Meteor
Stats:
HP: 25
Attack: 16
Defense: 13
Sp. Atk: 15
Sp. Def: 16
Speed: 16

@Syadin Thats the Gamestop Night Sky Jirachi. Gives Pokewalker course when transferred to HG/SS. Random PID means random stats, Random Nature. The OT ID and SID are 02270/54369. Legitimacy depends on a few things. Is the WC ID listed as gotten on the cart it was traded from and that date shifting hasn't been done on the DS. Lots of stuff that requires the original info. There are far too many ways to get seemingly legitimate event pokemon.

Pokemon Species: Victini
Nickname: Victini
Ribbons:
Ball: heal ball
Area encountered: Liberty Garden
Level encountered: 15
OT: Manfred
ID NO: 06558
Moves: Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, Endure
Stats: attack 36 defense 41 sp attack 38 sp defense 38 speed 38
exp 4868 to next level 252
he is still lvl 15, he is lost in thought, and has Impish nature.
he was caught april 18th 2011.

My bigest concern is when you google "pokemon 06558" and choose that begins with TCTC, a huge list of hacked pokemon comes up. The list has a person with a different trainer's name but same number. His pokemon is not a victini but still it worries me.

Pokemon Species: Victini
Nickname: Victini
Ribbons:
Ball: heal ball
Area encountered: Liberty Garden
Level encountered: 15
OT: Manfred
ID NO: 06558
Moves: Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, Endure
Stats: attack 36 defense 41 sp attack 38 sp defense 38 speed 38
exp 4868 to next level 252
he is still lvl 15, he is lost in thought, and has Impish nature.
he was caught april 18th 2011.

My bigest concern is when you google "pokemon 06558" and choose that begins with TCTC, a huge list of hacked pokemon comes up. The list has a person with a different trainer's name but same number. His pokemon is not a victini but still it worries me.

Since it has no ribbons, i'd say upload it to Pokécheck and see what their Legality Analysis has to say. I can't find anything at fault though based just on the info you've given above.

Okay so I have another one for you
Shaymin with seed flare, aromatherapy, substitute and energy ball.

The part that I worry about is the stats so here goes:
Attack: 120
Defense:105
Sp Attack: 127
Sp defense: 110
Speed: 108

Abilitiy: Natural Cure
Mild
caught 5/7/2011
apparently arrived at level 50
fateful encounter.
proud of its power
Gift Ribbon01

in a completly red pokeball.

@DMH1990; The date on the Pokemon is going to be the date it was transferred over to BW, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. So it puts it being transferred ~2 months after the release of BW. Could you give us OT ID and so on? It sounds pretty much like a standard Event, but which one is the question. Again, as always, upload it to PokeCheck to get a proper read. I can always do a trade back to check its legality.

Pokemon Species: Arceus
Ribbons:0
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Hall of origin
Level encountered: 80
OT: Jeff
Moves: 39393
Stats:

@cccp; Yes yes yes, verily yes. The Azure Flute needed to get into the Hall of Origin was never released. The only legitimate Arceus are those released in events.

IS My Pokemon Hacked???

I just got a DW starter pokemon and a Event Heatran not knowing both of them are hack a not,heard that when you clone a pokemon in pokemonchecker there will be a ribbon on it not sure is it still legit a not.Well i need to know my pokemon are a hack or not.Hope you guys can help me out.

Combusken
Ability: Speed Boost
ID No: 09810
OT: (Japenese name)
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Not checked IV
Stats:

HP: 52
Attack: 53
Defence: 30
Sp. Atk: 33
Sp. Def: 30
Speed: 33

Entree Forest
Apparently met at lv 10
11/28/2012

Have a Gift Ribbon Premier Ribbon Special Holiday Ribbon (<<This worried me the most)

Hope it is legit of not hacked at all

Also my heatran all is the same as the event one nature is quiet right?

@Lelouch; I merged your thread with the already-existing hacks thread. In future, you can use the search function to see if a thread topic already exists.

Re: IS My Pokemon Hacked???

@Lelouch; I think that's hacked. The DW Torchic came with 0 ribbons, which means it will stay with 0 ribbons since you can't get any ribbons in BW. Unless you downloaded it from Pokecheck, but even then it would only come with 1 ribbon.

Also, yes, the Oblivia Heatran is always Quiet nature.

@Lelouch; I think that's hacked. The DW Torchic came with 0 ribbons, which means it will stay with 0 ribbons since you can't get any ribbons in BW. Unless you downloaded it from Pokecheck, but even then it would only come with 1 ribbon.

well i mean the dw torchic ribbon only have one gift ribbon 1 on it so is it legit( can be use in official pokemon tourney?)

well i mean the dw torchic ribbon only have one gift ribbon 1 on it so is it legit( can be use in official pokemon tourney?)
The ribbon makes it illegal. You may not use it in official tournaments, sorry.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom