• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Shuko

Addicted to Shinies
Reaction score
It's becoming all-too-common for these threads in this forum, so I'm making a sticky for it. All you do is come in, list information about the Pokemon, and ask whether or not it's hacked. I'm banking on you knowledgeable people who usually answer to come here and answer for us. :)

A possible format to frame your question would be this:

Gen this is concerning:
Pokemon Species:
Nickname:
Ribbons:
Ball:
Area encountered:
Level encountered:
OT:
Moves:
Stats:

Keep in mind that the more information you give, the easier it is to spot a hack, usually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Celebi

Hey, Thanks! ^^

Anyway, I traded that Celebi (Which is Japanese in a Master Ball) for a Shiny Unknown. :/ I mean, I don't mind having Celebi, but I would have preferred to change that unknown for a shiny charmander or something...

Shouldn't we have a list of registered evemt give away Pokemon, and NYPC Pokemon?

Shouldn't we have a list of registered evemt give away Pokemon, and NYPC Pokemon?

yes, that would be nice.

I got a Level 70 Celebi ( CELEBI) OT MAIKE ( May´s german name o_O) ID 346475, in a masterball.

I bet it is hacked because of the ball. A list of all possible Celebi IDs would be nice, though. Because I´ll try to find a legit in the GTS although it might be impossible.

A hacked pokemon isn´t that risky isn´t it? ^^;

And legendaries you can catch in other games at lower levels, like the Colosseum legendary dogs and Celebi.

Just because its in a Master Ball doesn't necessarily mean it's hacked....I have trapped two Legit in Master Balls, but who knows when they are real or not?

Just because its in a Master Ball doesn't necessarily mean it's hacked....I have trapped two Legit in Master Balls, but who knows when they are real or not?

The fact that Celebi has no ingame event means catching it in a MAsterball is impossible. All Celebis destributed outside Japan was a download-type event. Japan Coloseum has a bonus disc for Celebi which I would guess acts like Jirachi and has "Fateful Encounter" and is caught in a Pokeball.

Isn't there a Japanese in-game catching event, though?

Only in Crystal.

I'll track down the Smogon thread that contains NYPC Pokemon. All I can remember is a BLissey with Wish.

By the way, BP Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup and Wish Cresselia is all a haox.

Smogon thread on NYPC/Giveaway Pokemon

I doubt it really counts as advertising when it is a major forum most people know about. The thread gives out most of the info.

Last edited:
Oh, I got some pokemon

Pokemon Species:Deoxys
Nickname:None
Ribbons:None
Ball:Master Ball
Area encountered:Hoenn
Level encountered:Arrived at Level 100, so I dont know
OT:00000
Moves:psycho Boost, Focus Blast, Recover and Xtreme Speed
Stats:Ok, maybe even a little Low
Its shiny, I got it for my B-Day, I really think that is Hacked

Pokemon Species:Celebi
Nickname:None
Ribbons:THe champion ribbon
Ball:MAster
Area encountered:Kanto
Level encountered:Arrived at Level 100
OT:Kopper
Moves:46673
Stats:Ok

Pokemon Species:Jirachi
Nickname:none
Ribbons:THe Tough contest ones, the artist ribbon, and the champion ribbon
Ball:master
Area encountered:Hoenn
Level encountered:Arrived at Level 100
OT:AAAAA
Moves:19294
Stats:Ok

All of them where cloned In emerald, I got them as gifts, Im not quite sure, Oh by the way, by hacking for a manaphy egg (the pokemon ranger one) and hatching the egg, makes the Manaphy hacked ? they have the Fateful encounter, and got every stat legal so I dont really know, same for items gotten thorug AR. Any Help Please ?

Celebi should always have the trainer ID: 10 ANIV/#00010. All Celebi are recieved at L70 and will say, "A fateful encounter." when in Emerald, FR, or LG. It will have to have had come from Kanto or Hoenn in order to be legitimate. It comes in a regular Pokeball.

Jirachi should always have the trainer ID: WSHMKR/#20043 (needs to be double checked). Similarly, it should also have had "A fateful encounter." tagged on it, but if Pal Parked, will say it came from Hoenn, as the bonus disc doesn't work with the Kanto games or Emerald. It comes in a regular Pokeball. The minimum level of Jirachi is L5.

Deoxys can have any ID, as it is a Pokemon that is caught. As such, it's minimum level is 30 and it most likely came from Kanto (I don't remember them having an Aurora Ticket event after Emerald came out). I do remember the NASA Deoxys Space event, but I don't have any information on that myself (I didn't attend it).

Lugia and Ho-Oh can either come from "A Distant Land" or from Kanto or from Hoenn (sorry, that's every game it seems). When caught with the Mystic Ticket from either FR, LG, or EM, they should be at a minimum level of 70. As they are caught manually and not given away, like Deoxys, their OT will change, their ID will change, and the ball they are caught in will change.

Not all Jirachi's. I have 3. They come from the bonus disc of the pre-order of Colisseum. It means they are real. Tho, the OT is: WISHMKR and ID: 20043
But since I passed it to Diamond, it no longer appears Fatefull encounter, it just reads, Hoenn. Arrived at Lv. 41 (Duh, he's level 41, Hate him, lol.)

EDIT: Whoops *Reads post above* Heh..he beat me ^^;

Last edited:
Celebi should always have the trainer ID: 10 ANIV/#00010. All Celebi are recieved at L70 and will say, "A fateful encounter." when in Emerald, FR, or LG. It will have to have had come from Kanto or Hoenn in order to be legitimate. It comes in a regular Pokeball.

Jirachi should always have the trainer ID: WSHMKR/#20043 (needs to be double checked). Similarly, it should also have had "A fateful encounter." tagged on it, but if Pal Parked, will say it came from Hoenn, as the bonus disc doesn't work with the Kanto games or Emerald. It comes in a regular Pokeball. The minimum level of Jirachi is L5.

I've got a Lv.37 Celebi off of GTS. Clearly, It couldn't have been put up if it was hacked. It had a normal ID too.

THe CHANNEL Jirachi won't have a WSKMKR ID.

Unfortunatly you can trade for hacked pokemon even legends because I recieved a mew in cherish ball with the move roar of time now I'm out a level 100 jirachi.

I got a hacked Shiny Psyduck during the event of Ponyta trading....at least I think it's hacked. I searched around, and it happened to many people ¬¬
Of course, my sister liked the idea of entering to try and get a shiny, but all she got was a TRY AGAIN psyduck ^^;

what was the psyducks O/T? was it caught in a master ball?

Unfortunatly you can trade for hacked pokemon even legends because I recieved a mew in cherish ball with the move roar of time now I'm out a level 100 jirachi.

Not an offered one. They have to accept your offer with a hacked pokemon. You CANNOT offer a hacked pokemon on the GTS.

Pokemon Species:blissey(shiny)
Nickname:none
Ribbons:none
Ball:pokeball
Area encountered:209
Level encountered:16
OT:juan L.
Moves:sing,egg bomb,softboiled,doubleslap
Stats:
attack:13
defense:16
sp.atk:71
spe.def:96
speed:49
hp:247

i got it off the gts so i'm a little worried

Well, what is the level of the Blissey? Looking at the stats, though, it looks like the stats may be hacked. I'm not to sure though. I'm not the authority on these kind of things.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom