• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

That's not true at all. There are plenty of people who store illegitimate Pokemon on the GTS.

My friend got a Stunktank (or whatever that Skunk's name is) that was 100% obviously hacked. It was caught at the wrong place, at a ridiculously high level not normally found in the wild, and in a Masterball. All clear signs of hacking. And he was looking for the Skunk, not offering something for it.

And if you look for Mew on the GTS, you'll clearly see they're all hacked.

Unfortunately you can both receive and send hacked legends Because I have been on both ends I got a hacked celebi when I was asking for one level 70 but in a master ball so i went searching for a legit one when I saw another obvious hack celebi English name level 43 so I decided to test if I could send the one I just received and it went through. what ever they did to try and block hacks has failed miserably

I'm pretty sure the rule is you can't offer hacked Pokemon, but you can still recieve hacked Pokemon in respond to your offer, and you can still give hacked Pokemon in response to someone else's offer. Kind of defeats the purpose of not letting you offer hacked Pokemon, especially since you can request a Pokemon that can only exist when hacked.

Actually I have personal expereince that says you can offer a hacked pokemon on the GTS.

Is an event legendary not legit if the item used to open the area to obtain it (e.g. Oak's Letter for Shaymin) is the only thing hacked?

Just call it Semi-Legit. ;) It wasn't hacked into the wild, yet it wasn't offically given out. :)

I suppose they're semi legit; a legitimate pokemon with correct capture location, yet an induced or hacked location, such as a cheat cartridge. In many ways, it's more crafty than an obvious unlegitimate pokemon as you can't tell the difference.

I got a movie darkrai. Everything matches whats on youtube, the OT, cherish ball etc. Its nature is quirky.

Why did I just find this thread this moment?

I don't really keep up with the event situations, so I'll just post because I'm unsure.

Mew
OT: MYSTRY
No ribbons
Pokemon
Hoenn
Arrived at lv. 36
Transform, Dig, Metronome, Overheat
HP: 123
Att: 86
Def: 79
SpA: 86
Sp.D 88
Sp: 72
Sassy (No EVs from me)

Seems pretty legit just from writing this, but again, I'm just unsure and I'd like to know.

If its in a regular pokeball and has the O/T I.D. # 06930 then it is legit.

How about this one....

Mew
OT:Aura
Apparently met at Lv.30

This one...

Celebi
OT: (can't remeber)
Lv.37

Anything more on the Aura Mew? Because that OT was at the Pokemon Summer Day Camp in the UK, so if you could tell me more about it, I could confirm it for you.

Anything more on the Aura Mew? Because that OT was at the Pokemon Summer Day Camp in the UK, so if you could tell me more about it, I could confirm it for you.

The UK Mews were all met at level 10, "in a fateful encounter", in a normal Pokéball, OT Aura, ID 20078, with attacks Pound and Transform. Or at least my three were.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom