• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Yeah, Bank said I couldn't transfer it. I caught it in HeartGold

Bank's hack-detecting system seems to have some unreliable parameters set. The only thing I can think of that might be causing Zapdos to be flagged as non-transferable is having Tailwind in its moveset, despite the fact that it can be taught via move tutor in B2/W2. Maybe try having the Move Deleter remove Tailwind from its moveset if you really want to transfer it to X/Y?

Here's to hoping the next gen games cannot be hacked at all and all hacked pokemon are forbidden from being used in both single player and multiplayer, if not deleted immediately. Also, to get rid of Cloning and Cloned pokemon. Since the release of more poketransfer services the Offering forums been flooded with cheaters.

Here's to hoping the next gen games cannot be hacked at all and all hacked pokemon are forbidden from being used in both single player and multiplayer, if not deleted immediately. Also, to get rid of Cloning and Cloned pokemon. Since the release of more poketransfer services the Offering forums been flooded with cheaters.

There's no way they'd be able to get of clones. Most clones, that aren't hacked horribly, are exactly the same as the original.

That's unrealistic wishful thinking and very ill-willed wishful thinking at that. The most you can wish for within the boundries of reality is that only pokemon from generations III through V can be hacked commercially.

How is it "ill willed" to want a game that completely restricts players from cheating?

That's unrealistic wishful thinking and very ill-willed wishful thinking at that. The most you can wish for within the boundries of reality is that only pokemon from generations III through V can be hacked commercially.

The problem i have with that. is that some people use hacks to get pokemon that they normally couldn't like the starters. not everyone uses hacks to have and advantage

The problem i have with that. is that some people use hacks to get pokemon that they normally couldn't like the starters. not everyone uses hacks to have and advantage
Its quite easy to get starters on the gts.

Its quite easy to get starters on the gts.

not everyone has the Internet

I was trading on the GTS for a Scrafty, but I got a Level 100 one with stats like this -

HP: 263
Defense: 254
Sp. Atk: 103
Sp. Def: 244
Speed: 134

It apparently came from Unova, and I don't know what level it was caught at, so I went and talked to the memory person at Anistar City, blargharghargh, it can't read it since it's Unovan.

But I also wanted to know if it would be acceptable to use in WiFi battles.

Is this a legit shiny? (Gen V)

I didn't know where to post this so I just put it here, move if necessary.

Whilst catching pokemon on my copy of black 2 to import via transporter, I found that I had a shiny conkeldurr that I got through a trade negotiation a while back (didn't trade anything special for it). Because I wasn't sure if it was genuine or not, I just left it. But now, since I'm importing a bunch of stuff to the current gen I want to know if it's worth importing - if it isn't a legit pokemon, I don't want it on my copy of Y.
20140221_224617.jpg

You sure? It says met at level 1 on route 4. I'm pretty sure you can't meet any wild pokemon at level 1.

Not to my knowledge, it would say that it was obtained as an egg from the Day-Care couple, and then say "Egg apparently hatched at Route 4" or something to that effect. TO test my theory, get an egg, hatch it, and trade it to another game to see what it says.
I could be wrong, it just seems odd to me.

I traded a newly hatched pansage to my copy of white from black 2 and it retained the 'egg hatched' tag. So I'm guessing my conkeldurr doesn't have this tag either because of a minor glitch involving a different language or it just isn't legit.

Regarding the egg hatched thing, it will retain the "Egg Hatched". I received an Espeon a while back in Black2 for my Reshiram (I didn't really want it.). It was a Japanese one that had come from an egg. It kept the "Egg Recieved" and "Egg Hatched" tags.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom