• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Species: Arceus (Shiny)
Nickname: Lord Arceus
Ribbons: None
Ball: Cherish Ball
Area Encountered: I got it from GTS (Says Pokemon Movie 15 for previous owner with the Note: Apparently a fateful encounter.)
Level Encountered: 100
OT: Asrael
Moves: Earth Power, Judgment, Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn
Ability: Multitype
Stats: 31/x/31/31/31/31, Timid
HP: 381
Attack: 221
Defense: 276
Sp. Atk: 339
Sp. Def: 276
Speed: 372
EVs: Exact number unknown, most are in Sp. Atk and Speed with a few in Attack.

I really hope he is legit. Someone traded him to me through the GTS for a 5 IV, Modest Bulbasaur I bred. I put it up there hoping for a regular Arceus, so when this guy showed up in my box the next day I was happy...now I am suspicious.

Species: Arceus (Shiny)
Nickname: Lord Arceus
Area Encountered: I got it from GTS (Says Pokemon Movie 15 for previous owner with the Note: Apparently a fateful encounter.)
Level Encountered: 100
OT: Asrael
Moves: Earth Power, Judgment, Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn
Ability: Multitype
Stats: 31/x/31/31/31/31, Timid
HP: 381
Attack: 221
Defense: 276
Sp. Atk: 339
Sp. Def: 276
Speed: 372
EVs: Exact number unknown, most are in Sp. Atk and Speed with a few in Attack.

I really hope he is legit. Someone traded him to me through the GTS for a 5 IV, Modest Bulbasaur I bred. I put it up there hoping for a regular Arceus, so when this guy showed up in my box the next day I was happy...now I am suspicious.

I'm pretty sure that Arceus event's only been available in Japan (meaning the English name and OT are points against it), and the nickname does it no favors, either. I mean, I suppose it's possible, if not especially likely, that someone kept resetting and just happened to get the corresponding ID and SID numbers for the Arceus so that they could rename it (would that even work?), but it's still a long shot, if it's even a shot at all.

Basically, I can't say for certain, but I'm leaning heavily towards hacked.

Got a shiny charmander in a wonder trade.
Pokemon Species: Charmander
Nickname: Charmander
Nationality: US
Shiny: Yes
Date Met: Egg obtained 1/17/2015, Egg Hatched 8/6/2015
Note:
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Area encountered: Slateport City
OT: Graham Baird
Moves: Hidden Power
Level 1
The cherish ball and the length it was in an egg seem suspicious to me.

Got a shiny charmander in a wonder trade.
Pokemon Species: Charmander
Nickname: Charmander
Nationality: US
Shiny: Yes
Date Met: Egg obtained 1/17/2015, Egg Hatched 8/6/2015
Note:
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Area encountered: Slateport City
OT: Graham Baird
Moves: Hidden Power
Level 1
The cherish ball and the length it was in an egg seem suspicious to me.
It looks like an hack. Cherish Ball can't be passed onto offsprings through breeding.

I obtained a shiny level 100 Lugia from WT. It was apparently from Sinnoh. Is that possible?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom