• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

Fig

Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of the Isshu region

Map of Isshu

2dqoft3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Isshu

I see the castles everyone's talking about now.

14l4g74.png

I might have gotten the upper left one wrong, though, it's obscured.

People, give me some input on this please.

Am I the only person that thinks they don't have very many cities/villages in the isshu artwork? I just spent the last few minutes going back and looking at each regions artwork on bulbupedia. You could tell each had enough cities.Looking at this map.. it has one big city and VERY FEW villages. It worries me. Maybe 3 gyms fit in the big city? That would suck.

look at this the gen IV battle factory is present here is it true:
picture.php

Just going back to the region map for a second...
14l4g74.png

I think we may have misunderstood the area on the map above Hiun city. That doesn't look like just a desert to me. A road that's partially obscured under sand, what appears to be blackened buildings...that looks to me like a wasteland with ruins, the remains of some catastrophe.

Just putting this out there, but does the region Hoenn is based on have a both an active volcano and an inactive one, along with a dessert and a tropical rain forest, as well as deep trenches?

no, it does not.

EDIT: Yeah, I noticed the buildings when it was first announced. I think my first post on it actually called it a wasteland.

DOUBLE EDIT: Where are you guys getting such an enhanced image?

Just going back to the region map for a second...
14l4g74.png

I think we may have misunderstood the area on the map above Hiun city. That doesn't look like just a desert to me. A road that's partially obscured under sand, what appears to be blackened buildings...that looks to me like a wasteland with ruins, the remains of some catastrophe.

:/ That's what I've been saying. Ryu and others have touted it around as well.

I agree with Archaic about it possibly not being a desert, but now I'm more intrigued with that cave on the mountain in the west. Thre's two caves, but one has a weird door on it.

Lia - if this is New York City and a wasteland, then it isn't "room for unfavorable comparizon to 9/11". It's "Clear 9/11 inspiration for everyone to see".

I was being polite about it. :blush:

Onto the new map-- almost looks like old windmills in the upper left on the terraces. The kind used for agriculture instead of the modern wind power turbines.

Theory: The Gyms are now castles in Isshu.

Not all of the gyms will be paired with a town. I spy at least 5 different castles. 3 more in areas covered with clouds and you have the 8 needed for a Gym collection. Alternatively, there are smaller towns inside each of the castles, ala Zelda/Medieval Europe. See Pokemon Card Gameboy for a similar idea.

Gym castles? Sounds pretty cool.

Theory: The Gyms are now castles in Isshu.

Not all of the gyms will be paired with a town. I spy at least 5 different castles. 3 more in areas covered with clouds and you have the 8 needed for a Gym collection. Alternatively, there are smaller towns inside each of the castles, ala Zelda/Medieval Europe. See Pokemon Card Gameboy for a similar idea.

*suddenly has a vision of Imakuni? appearing in B/W*

I think it'd be more interesting if there was a type of tourney in each castle you'd have to win before progressing to the gym leader or to advance the plot. Not just mowing down trainers in a row.

I'm more curious what lies under all that verdant greenery however, there's openings into them. Forest canopies hiding towns that eschew the city lifestyle? Because outside of the solitary houses scattered about, the only discernible place to live would be Hiun City. Or are they giant forests where you get jumped by trainers, bugs, or heaven forbid zubats, every three steps?

Has anyone seen the castle at the top left corner? Could it be the villainous team's hideout?

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7706/37701149.gif
about this, i'm pretty sure it's a gym. on the right side, it seems to me that it is a trainer. and the other thing, looks like a pokeball with a butterfly, so it's a bug gym.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3323/sxx.gif
about this, the yellow one looks like an entrance, but if we compare with the other, it's quite different, maybe there is where the legendary pokemon are?!
the purple and the blue, are entrance that i haven't notice. the purple is to a forest, maybe the one that we already saw.
the dark one it seems to me that there's a house.
the pink one are lakes, maybe the safary zone

what do you think?

I will agree that that honeycomb is a bug gym or dungeon of some kind.

It does, doesn't it. I forget the last time there was a bug Gym.

That would be Bugsy. the only one.

Let's shift gears here a bit. It's obvious no one can agree on what the region is based off of and frankly I'm getting a little annoyed with it. So here's what I want to know. We've gotten game screenshots of places. Where do you all think they are located on that map?

I think on my map circles: Red-Starting Town, Yellow-The League, Blueish-8th Gym.

BTW: Bugsy, ugh, a waste to me

Back
Top Bottom