• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

To what end? Wherever this location is, it should accommodate at least 300 of the older Pokémon. It would make sense, then, that it would be closer to the older regions than to Isshu. With a plane as a travel method, I just don't see the need to stay close to Isshu.

What about the safari zone? Hgss's safari zone gave you the chance to catch a ton of pokemon not obtainable in johoto/kanto. I get the feeling they'll keep it something like that for many old pokemon. We don't need to revisit hoenn if many of the pokes can be found at the safari zone.

If we were traveling to another region, why wouldn't we use a boat, anyway?
Expediency. Obviously, air travel is always preferred, but only when dealing with long distances does it seem appropriate.

master shake said:
What about the safari zone? Hgss's safari zone gave you the chance to catch a ton of pokemon not obtainable in johoto/kanto. I get the feeling they'll keep it something like that for many old pokemon. We don't need to revisit hoenn if many of the pokes can be found at the safari zone.
In light of what has been said about the species count, I don't see Isshu having a Safari Zone.

Thread is off topiccccc!

I'll keep trying to bring it back on topic...

These are the cities that I expect to have gyms...
-train town
-Hiun City
-Fair city (pretty sure it's the one with the roller coaster)
-Lighthouse city
-traditional/modern city
-city by the factory (2 cities away from starting town)
-desert ghost town? It's probable that it's a city and has a gym...

I doubt Black City and White Forest would have gyms... I dunno, there's alot of possibilities... There's still the airport, windmill town, 3 unknown cities. So yeah.

-desert ghost town? It's probable that it's a city and has a gym...

i thought it was a town too, but on the in-game map, there's no circle in that area. it's such a shame. it would have been nice to have a ghost/western town in the desert.

EDIT: actually, it's kind of hard to tell whether there's a circle or not. we'll need a clearer screenshot. :p

Last edited:
^Whether it's a town or not, there's a clear concrete (or something) path going through and into the left section the desert, so there must be some sort of people there. IIRC we've seen a video/picture with NPCs standing around, right?

^Whether it's a town or not, there's a clear concrete (or something) path going through and into the left section the desert, so there must be some sort of people there. IIRC we've seen a video/picture with NPCs standing around, right?

yes, there's no doubt the area will be visited. the question is whether that place is a town or not. by the looks of it, we could assume it's a town. on the in-game map, we saw a circle that represented hiun city, but we didn't see a circle that represented the town in the middle of the desert... that's because of the map's poor quality.

I thought that was a town the minute I saw the Isshu map. I mean, it could be something else. There was a post about fossils in the desert. What if it's a facility that resurrects Pokémon from fossils. If it's a town, which I believe is possible, that kind of facility might be located there. Man, I just can't wait to start exploring Isshu!

I dunno... I think I see the TINY closing of a circle above the character's head on the map on the top left. Almost.

Also, one thing I noticed is that the high-link area in the center of the map doesn't seem to be connected by lines to the rest of the diamond. Also, that the dot on the left doesn't seem to have a line down like the one in the center. While the large map makes it look like there's a path. I think it's safe to say that perhaps not every route on this map is "drawn"- you can walk "off of the route". Or... Something.

Ugh. Why does those terrible photos have to be the only pictures of that slip we have? Honestly, all those slips all over Japan and only one person ever took a photo? Oh well...

Last edited:
has anybody else noticed the bridge under construction?

asdfgh-1.png

it might also be a crane... but if it turns out to be a bridge under construction, it'd be nice if it were finished after you beat the league. i think it'd be pretty cool to have a huge bridge on top of the desert. it could go all the way to the factory (which could be reconstructed after the league).

also... as for the gym, i'm not so sure about the accuracy of the magazine we've seen back in june. if i recall, it said the top-left building (which the honeycomb allegedly happens to be the inside) is some sort of furnace. :S

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's just a crane. I want to battle on it.

Isshu.png

Last edited:
Yeah, after 10 years I finally get seasons.

You know what?

These won't be Games of The Year.

I officially declare these games GAMES OF THE FOREVER. (until the third version comes out)

offshore something or other.

So glad all those little green dots are there.

Yeah, there's exactly 31 POI's and cities/towns. Bigger then Sinnoh, that's for sure, who had roughly 26. Also, subways are in? And subways on giant metal bridges? Awesome. Seriously fucking huge bridges give me a vibe that these are seriously huge routes we're going to get.

Also, the cannon place should be a gym, judging by the trainers and the guy standing in front of the statues. So we've got cannons, honeycombs, a roller coaster, and some other stuff. Strangely, the statues have diamond balls instead of the Pokeball with a checkmark. Maybe separate tiers for the gyms?

i also looked on serebii and i saw a black person with an afro now im pretty sure theres no back people in China or Japan.

Back
Top Bottom