• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11637113&postcount=203

Wow, that's just ridiculous. I wonder how the localization team will handle that.

Okay. Interesting. But what does this have to do with Isshu?

Isshu seems awesome from I have seen. I have done everything in my power to not spoil myself. I still haven't seen all of the new Pokemon. I have seen some videos like in Karakusa Town, Sanyou & Shippou Cities. Pretty interesting. Oh and Hiun City is amazing! Can't wait to explore it tomorrow! :D

Not to SPAM, but I really want to know the reaction to my theory. It is above on this page.
I also want to know if I am completely wrong about my interpretation of the in game area.

I was just thinking, sitting in my NYC house about what would happen if Indian Point blew up. Well................. Catostrophes.
The more I thought about it I said, "Hey wait, wasn't there a furnace thing in Isshu?" So I stopped and said, "Judging by its northwestern location from NYC/Huin, could these things be parallels?"
I do not have the game, and I do not know squat, but if that is an energy type anything it is most likely a parallel to the Indian Point Nuclear Reactor. What do you guys think?

This theory was really farfetched and random, but give it your time.

Could you please try to make more sense? I'm having a hard time what you're saying. You're saying that Hiun City and that "furnace" place are parallels to each other? I'm not comprehending what you're trying to say. :/

Could you please try to make more sense? I'm having a hard time what you're saying. You're saying that Hiun City and that "furnace" place are parallels to each other? I'm not comprehending what you're trying to say. :/

Ok look at this article first.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world

Now as you can see locations in the game are the equivalant to real life places.

While the rest of the map may be a bit geographically off, Indian point is in the tri-state area where this thing is in Isshu if you compare the maps.
Thats what I mean.

Okay. Interesting. But what does this have to do with Isshu?
I don't know, maybe because this thread is called "The Isshu Region in the games"

Those underwater ruins are part of Isshu. Those ruins use dCuneiform apparently rather than Unown or Braille like past regions. Those ruins hold Arceus' plates and contain a message that seems ridiculously convoluted to translate.

Considering that both Sinnoh and Johto had their own Unown ruins and were connected through Arceus, and now an underwater ruin holding all its plates appear in Isshu rather than having them randomly scattered? Why go through all that effort? Then there's also the message.

I don't know, considering that Sinnoh and Johto were connected by Unown which led you to a temple dedicated to Arceus, and now another region with ruins that seem dedicated to Arceus? Maybe there's a topic of discussion there.

Does anyone have the map and the names of the places present in Isshu?

Like where's the Giant Hall and the Wonder Bridge?

So... Isshu IS based on NY? SO does that mean trhat Lt. Surge is from Isshu being the Poke-Earth counterpart to the US?

No, he's from the US. Isshu and the USA are two different places. Plus, Isshu is just based off NY.

Okay, Isshu is amazing. I am a bit disappointed with how small White Forest is. The camera pans up so you look minuscule, but the actual area it covers is small.

The lack of loads of water routes is very welcome.

My favourite town is Soryu City.

Or it just means he's from a different state/region than NY/Isshu in "Pokemerica".

I'm not getting that statement, but he meant he's not from Isshu.

America would be it's own country, like Pokepan is it's own.

Sooo.... I don't feel like flipping back pages. Is there a game corner? I hope there is one, but I haven't been able to find anything about it and pokemon.jp changed their site so now I can't understand it :(

Not really. If you already have those Pokemon from earlier Gen IV or III games White Forest is pretty pointless. The fact that you can purchase evolution stones (all of them) in BC and get more experience there (which you desperately need to evolve these late blooming Pokemon) make it more valuable in the long-run.

Yeah, Black City is more useful for anyone who's been playing the games awhile since you can Pokeshift Pokemon, but not items, so buying evolutionary stones is a plus.

Not really. If you already have those Pokemon from earlier Gen IV or III games White Forest is pretty pointless. The fact that you can purchase evolution stones (all of them) in BC and get more experience there (which you desperately need to evolve these late blooming Pokemon) make it more valuable in the long-run.

Gah, that's what I meant.

Damn typos...

What versions hold Black City/White Forest respectively?

BTW living in NYC, I have been thinking. In the tri-state area, the Isshu airport in Fukiyose city is in the exact area where Newark Airport should be. Somebody should edit this into the Pokemon World in Relation to the Real World Page.

Back
Top Bottom