• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

Just because Isshu has some rather large routes (and the desert is actually much smaller than the map makes it look, anyway) doesn't make it a huge region.

I am not saying it is huge. BAH

I am just saying its not as small as people make it to be.

I was watching walkthroughs and thinking "DAMN THESE ROUTES ARE HUGE!!!" so yeah its a pretty big place compared to the other gions

Vrey interesting games.
smileynormal.ico

I get it. Nothing like route 7 this time.

Hiun City's bigger than it looks, too. Easily topping Goldenrod in size. You can't even really count the population because of the endless number of businesspeople that run past you in that one alley.

Bigger than it looks? are you kidding me it already looks huge!!! SO can't wait to travel Huin for myself (Wonder what the english name'll be?

Bigger than it looks? are you kidding me it already looks huge!!! SO can't wait to travel Huin for myself (Wonder what the english name'll be?

Hiun's big, but once you explore it for yourself you'll realize it's nowhere near as big as it seemed it would be. It's basically five alleyways, the southern end of the city, and a small little park in-between the northernmost alleyway and the rest of them. Just telling you now so you don't end up disappointed.

Hiun's big, but once you explore it for yourself you'll realize it's nowhere near as big as it seemed it would be. It's basically five alleyways, the southern end of the city, and a small little park in-between the northernmost alleyway and the rest of them. Just telling you now so you don't end up disappointed.

Eh I fugured as much Huin is still the largest City in Poke-Earth anyway by the looks of it... I say it's much bigger than Goldenrod

Eh I fugured as much Huin is still the largest City in Poke-Earth anyway by the looks of it... I say it's much bigger than Goldenrod

I'd say the same thing, it really is much bigger than Goldenrod.

It is far larger than any other. Multiple piers, several alleys, main streets, and at least a dozen explore-able buildings.

It is far larger than any other. Multiple piers, several alleys, main streets, and at least a dozen explore-able buildings.

On the subject of buildings, they really jip you. There are like 100 floors and we cant even go on 5

Well, the buildings are probably mostly offices and stuff.

Seeing Isshu map we can see 4 islands. Two left of Hiun and two right of Hiun:

-Islands left of Hiun: Liberty Garden Island and United Tower island.
-Islands right of Hiun: no info.

Can´t anyone try to hack, access and get data of the islands right of Hiun like someone did with United Tower Island?

Also, Isshu has five docks. We know the use of 3 of them. There are still 2 docks without any info, aren´t there?

Why are there such high level pokémon in White Forest?
Its seems it can be accessed right after Raimon City.
Of course, you probably need a HM to get there, but I still want
to know...

I mentioned this in the review thread, but does anyone else feel that Isshu is extremely disjointed compared to the other regions?

I kind of felt this way since I first saw the original map, and playing the game kind of reasserts this notion of mind. Like, I felt that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all had pretty much a similar feel throughout the region, but I just don't get that out of Isshu.

The biggest thing that bothers me is the random desert behind Hiun...there's like no lead-up to it. You exit a large city and end up immediately in the desert without any build-up and, even odder, it's some kind of bizarre little half-island that's just there. I know there was a desert in Hoenn and everything, but at least there it was a ways outside of Mauville and they built it up as you could see mountains and the like as you headed towards it, plus it was surrounded by mountains and volcanoes which I believe is what causes deserts due to rain shadow and the like. I know the regions don't have to be super realistic, but I just feel that Isshu is a very frantic region that doesn't seem to have a lot of integration between each of its areas. It feels kind of like I'm traveling through multiple regions, and I kind of wish they more accurately reproduced the New York area better as opposed to just using the general shape and one city based off of it. The other regions were kind of neat as, if you compared it to a map of the part of Japan they were based off of, the cities and towns were pretty much in the same location which was something I always enjoyed.

I guess this may just be a result of Gamefreak not understanding the American culture as good as they do Japan's, and thus seeming to go with a "throw it in there" mentality, but I kind of find it disappointing. I know that they divided the creation of the Pokemon, but it almost seems like they all had their own ideas of the Isshu region and just played mix-and-match for the final product.

Isshu is the Battle Zone but bigger. Think of it that way.

Uh...okay...but even the Battle Zone had a pretty realistic feeling to it and wasn't mishmashed.

Nah, the desert was surrounded by mountains and a volcano as well in the Battle Zone. That's not exactly a random location, unlike it being directly, and I mean directly, behind the largest city in the region.

Back
Top Bottom