• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The Japanese Language Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English to Katakana questions

Hi- I have a Japanese 3DS and Japanese Omega Ruby, and a code from the Pokescrap promotion to get a Shaymin. Trouble is my Japanese is not good and I cant figure out how to register. I was able to successfully register my Japanese game for a Global link account but when I try to use my global link password it rejects it. So I assume I must register separately somewhere for the promotion. Has anyone on this board successfully gotten a Pokescraps code entered for their Japanese game that knows what I should try or is there any walkthrough out there on youtube or somewhere else?
The Pokescrap site is here if anyones curious-http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokescrap2014/?p004=msign
Even if I cant figure it out at least I got the Event Serperior this week that I wouldn't have been able to get on my English system. Getting a Japanese system for Christmas sure has increased my need to improve my Japanese skills-LOL :)

Can someone translate me this video please, I really need to know what the video's all about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFruEDe6pXc&index=34&list=WL

It's beyond me to translate all the dialog, but the beginning of the video description gives a good overview:
2002年12月20日、当時の豊郷町町長、大野和三郎氏は、豊郷小学校旧校舎の保存*を望む地元住民の解体工事差し止めの仮処分申請を承認した大津地裁の決定を無視して工*事を強行。
って、日本の司法も舐められたもんやな。
My attempt at translation being that a former elementary school was scheduled for demolition, but a petition by local residents succeeded in causing the local district court to halt it. However, the mayor went against this ordered the construction workers to proceed as normal. As seen in the video, it seems that the community has taken it upon themselves to try and stop the demolition and are clashing with workers at the site.

My attempt at translation being that a former elementary school was scheduled for demolition, but a petition by local residents succeeded in causing the local district court to halt it. However, the mayor went against this ordered the construction workers to proceed as normal. As seen in the video, it seems that the community has taken it upon themselves to try and stop the demolition and are clashing with workers at the site.
Thanks for the translation!!
I'd also want to make another translation in this video from 2:49 to 4:15
this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6uL5fwshQc
thanks in advance!

I'd also want to make another translation in this video from 2:49 to 4:15
this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6uL5fwshQc
thanks in advance!

Well, this is a bit incomplete, but from what I understand this is the IRL area depicted in the anime Tamako Market. Fans of the anime came to check it out (they called it a pilgrimage). The first guy is a shopkeeper who said he was surprised to see people coming from all over the country. He was against the idea of incorporating anything related to the anime into the area though. The second guy talks about how the area was depicted with a very warm atmosphere, and I think he was wondering if people felt it was similar IRL? The shopkeeper is then talking to some patrons and asking where they're from (Osaka). The girl then geeks out about some fish monument that was presumably also seen in the anime.

Well, this is a bit incomplete, but from what I understand this is the IRL area depicted in the anime Tamako Market. Fans of the anime came to check it out (they called it a pilgrimage). The first guy is a shopkeeper who said he was surprised to see people coming from all over the country. He was against the idea of incorporating anything related to the anime into the area though. The second guy talks about how the area was depicted with a very warm atmosphere, and I think he was wondering if people felt it was similar IRL? The shopkeeper is then talking to some patrons and asking where they're from (Osaka). The girl then geeks out about some fish monument that was presumably also seen in the anime.

In fact, i really felt he said it that way. I was really curious where Hantai 反対 kanji showed up while they were talking. Indeed, i have only understand bikurishimashita (presuming about the tourist popped up during the screening of Tamako Market, visiting the shopping district)..
I'm really grateful for the translation, thanks again!

I will be starting to learn Japanese within a few days.

EDIT: started today. This is going to be...interesting. I feel like I'm failing at writing in Hiragama.

it's a rough start for everyone, just keep at it! after a while kana will come to you naturally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom