• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Japanese Music Thread! 日本音楽スレ!

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Again, because of a staff discussion about making some "culture-based" threads, I'm making some!! More on the wayyyyy~

But this one is about Japanese music, of any kind. J-pop, J-rock, punk, metal, emo, math rock, J-rap, anison, kayokyoku, enka, anything!!

So talk as much as you'd like about music (in English, we have a thread for Japanese conversation)! Hopefully this broadens your music tastes~!

また、スタッフのあたしたちは会話(世界の国の文化スレをいくつか作るについて)をしたので、もっとスレを作くってる!もっとが来る~!

このスレは日本語の音楽、何風だ。J-POPやJ-ROCKやパンクやメタルやエモやマスロックやJ-rapやアニソンや歌謡曲や演歌、何も!

好きに話してください(英語で、日本語会話のスレがある)!このスレはいい会話があってほしいわ!

Last edited:

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
Been listening to a lot of stuff from Ado lately. Discovered them during the Pandemic, and have been eagerly awaiting every new song drop on Youtube.

pokemoll

woman on the screen
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I've been a big fan of Jun Togawa's music for a little while now, and it's exciting to see her getting some recognition and maybe gaining some popularity due to 好き好き大好き going viral on TikTok.

Originally, she started out with a sort of "anti-idol" persona; her schtick was subverting the typical expectations of a Japanese idol singer by utilising more disturbing & eccentric lyrics and themes in her music and experimenting with more unique or, unusually for an idol, less 'feminine' vocal techniques.

She's a really interesting figure both as a musician & as an artist in general, and I would really recommend checking out both her music and learning more about her if you're in any way intrigued.

Here's the MV for the aforementioned song - it should give you a pretty good idea as to what she's all about.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I'm into all sorts of Japanese music, really, but I love the Japanese pop punk scene.
Bands like AIRFLIP, Dizzy Sunfist, ELLEGARDEN, dustbox, SpecialThanks, For A Reason, and many many more have basically been the music that's made me who I am, or something. I just love the positive happy vibe just coming through their music--to me I feel like it's a bit different from American versions of modern (post 1990's) pop punk, where the sound was a bit more "emo". This is probably because I listen to more melodic bands--and I bet that American melodic punk, like pure pop punk bands DO exist, but I'm comfortable with what I know lol!

Right now I'm actually listening to Lights and Signs by For A Reason! Great skatepunk/poppunk energy to start my day lol!

Japanese math rock is also VERY complex too. Uchu Conbini, susquatch, JYOCHO, and Kyojaku. are really nice bands that have a variety of sounds! Uchu Conbini and JYOCHO have the same guitarist and similar voocals, actually, and both go with kinda a "clean" sound. Uchu Conbini is very technical, whereas JYOCHO is more "complete". I always listen to 美しい終発サイクル (the beautiful cycle of terminal) by JYOCHO whenever I'm feeling down or sad, they add flutes to their music and it's SO beautiful!!! I've seen susquatch been described as jazzy, which I guess is neat!

I don't listen to much J-Pop, but I do love Sangatsu no Phantasia for their kinda guitar-based(?) sound, and just it's nice lol. I also love the peggies, they're just an amazing poprock band and their songs are all so amazing! They cheer me up too~

So...that was some of the music I listen to!! Oh as for pinoko, she's a nice Japanese rapper too~

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I've been listening to some of Yuyoyuppe's music lately.

I discovered his stuff a while back through his older Vocaloid music, specifically the album For a sick boy (2010), and I still really adore that combination of metalcore with Luka's vocals. Though I'm also listening to Wall in the presence (2011) off and on, and I'm liking it quite a bit so far; it's a bit lighter and definitely gives off a different vibe from the former album, but it's still a pleasure to listen to.

Apparently he also produces some music for Babymetal (he even composed the song "Kagerou"), and I can totally hear it now that I know that...

Last edited:

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I've been listening to some of Yuyoyuppe's music lately.
I discovered his stuff a while back through his older Vocaloid music, specifically the album For a sick boy (2010), and I still really adore that combination of metalcore with Luka's vocals. Though I'm also listening to Wall in the presence (2011) off and on, and I'm liking it quite a bit so far; it's a bit lighter and definitely gives off a different vibe from the former album, but it's still a pleasure to listen to.

Apparently he also produces some music for Babymetal (he even composed the song "Kagerou"), and I can totally hear it now that I know that...
I know of them through the Project Diva games! DYE and Palette are two songs that are good! Luka doesn't get many songs I feel like, so that's cool too~

Aozora

The flavor of coffee~
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Top Bottom