• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Join Avenue Thread!

I've been doing the Magnemite chain thing for two days now and my Join Avenue is already level 6 :D I received like 5 or 6 Magnemites with PKRS...I kept a few, but I try to return the favor and trade some away.

The only thing that's annoyed me is when guests say "I want to go there, you know, THERE!" Most of the time I guess wrong...is there a method to figuring out where they want to go?

Serebii has all the phrases and invite meanings!

mine is fun and the only one at the max rank is the training dojo
I've been wanting the nursery to level up more

Join avenue's dojo EV stat gaining total question

ok so I'v read that the nutrient drinks (protein, iron, etc) can go to a total of 100 EVs for each stat and the wings (health wing, muscle wing, etc) can go up to a total of 255 EVs but how much EV total can the dojo in join avenue give?

Re: Join avenue's dojo EV stat gaining total question

I don't have conclusive answers, for you, Pokedude. I can tell you a few things, and I can tell you what I don't know.

I DO know that Join Avenue WILL allow you to get a stat raised after 100 EVs in that stat. I know this because I got its services for Pokemon after they rejected vitamins.

I don't know if it actually contributes to your EV total past 100, though I would assume it probably does, and I don't know if it'll stop you at 252, or allow you to keep paying.

Anyone done some careful research who can help us?

Well each item/service on any shop's list can only be bought once a day. So it's easy to test if the dojos/shops have the same limit as the vitamins. Take an untrained Pokemon, give it 10 of one kind of vitamin (which is the max), then try to increase the same stat at a shop and see what happens.

edit: Just saw the post above, so I guess it does work. :)

I don't have conclusive answers, for you, Pokedude. I can tell you a few things, and I can tell you what I don't know.

I DO know that Join Avenue WILL allow you to get a stat raised after 100 EVs in that stat. I know this because I got its services for Pokemon after they rejected vitamins.

I don't know if it actually contributes to your EV total past 100, though I would assume it probably does, and I don't know if it'll stop you at 252, or allow you to keep paying.

Anyone done some careful research who can help us?
Also, does Pokérus double the EVs gained? It doesn't for vitamins, so I doubt it will here, but just want to be sure.

At this point, since I haven't gone and pokechecked anything, I can't even be sure that you're actually getting what you pay for when you buy an EV-raising service over 100 EVs in a stat. It could be like a real workout/lunch and you don't turn it down just because you already have all you need. I have to monitor myself very carefully to make sure I don't turn orange because of my love of carrots, after all.

I'm planning on moving my BW1 team, who are EV trained, over sometime this weekend. When I do that, I will check the following things:

1. Whether a 510 Pokemon can get the service
2. Whether a near-510 Pokemon can get the service

If I also get around to pokechecking, I may also check these things:

3. If the service works past 100 EVs
4. Whether Pokerus doubles anything
5. Whether bracers add +4

so far i'm not getting an answer so i'm just going to make my own research, join in if you want, so far I trained a pokemon with the lv. 8 sp.def training twice so pretty much I gave'd 16 sp.def EVs to my pokemon or something

Does putting up new shops after the old shops reach max level raise your popularity? I've already put up a new Antique shop and Raffle shop.

so I noticed Magnemite is the most traded on GTS...

I found it rather peculiar at first, and later when i surfed through Gamefaqs, I came acrossed this thread on the Black 2 Board that turned out to be an effort to help others improve their join avenue through the GTS.

absolutely genius, and it definitely saves me some dignity because I don't quite have a team I'm confident can hold their own on Random Battles...

just wondering, though... who's already aware of this "Magnemite Coil"?

Re: so I noticed Magnemite is the most traded on GTS...

That sounds like a great idea. :eek:

That is a really cool idea. I'm not confident enough to do random battles :( and I haven't used the GTS much but this idea sounds fantastic.

I found it rather peculiar at first, and later when i surfed through Gamefaqs, I came acrossed this thread on the Black 2 Board that turned out to be an effort to help others improve their join avenue through the GTS.

absolutely genius, and it definitely saves me some dignity because I don't quite have a team I'm confident can hold their own on Random Battles...

just wondering, though... who's already aware of this "Magnemite Coil"?

Besides the people in this thread? Everybody over here in Japan, and whoever else heard about it online.

Every time I've tried the Magnemite Coil lately it says it was already traded to another trainer. In fact, I get that message a lot in general.

Every time I've tried the Magnemite Coil lately it says it was already traded to another trainer. In fact, I get that message a lot in general.
As do I. I just keep running through the listings until I can make a trade. My trick has been to not trade with the trainer in the center but try someone on the extreme right or left side. The ones in the very center usually have already been spoken for, I've found. Hope this helps and good luck.

My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.

As do I. I just keep running through the listings until I can make a trade. My trick has been to not trade with the trainer in the center but try someone on the extreme right or left side. The ones in the very center usually have already been spoken for, I've found. Hope this helps and good luck.

My Avenue, which I named Sanctuary--don't ask--is now at level 11. I have the Raffle shop but haven't won a Master Ball yet. I've also used the Dojo and found it pretty handy but I'm hooked on the Shop. I have something like 300+ Fresh Waters on me. (Oh no, I didn't totally go overboard with that, now did I?) I've had zero luck recruiting anyone and have yet to get a Nursery. I'll just have to keep trying until I finally get one, I guess.

Instead of searching for a Magnemite when you first go into the trading station, either: catch one and offer it with the request of one with the usual any level, or recieve one from a previous trade, put it back in, and request another one. That way, you'll be almost gauranteed to get a different trainer to trade with you, and you won't have to choose a person to trade with.

I've been having the same trouble. Have you gotten to the Day Care Center yet? I haven't, and I suspect that's why.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom