• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Join Avenue Thread!

actually, I'm curious about a few magnemite that I sent through the chain...I've yet to find out if anyone came acrossed one of two nicknamed "SlickDS502" (my screenname on Gamefaqs)

I did this morning!! :D

My Join Avenue is now at Rank 32 and I finally got to recruit someone! It just happened to be "myself" from my White game--the Trainer said we had passed each other by several times before and I had the chance to chat with myself for a few moments. When I hit "Recruit" and got a "I'll be the best Assistant I can" type answer, I nearly fell over. I've lost count of how many times I've tried to recruit someone and been told no.

Well I'm only Rank 30 and instead of going through GTS I went to GTS Negotiations and got a bunch of people to visit that way and for some reason when those people come to my avenue I can Check their Medals and things like that. And i can always recruit them to be assistants. Everyone through GTS tells me no, but everyone from GTS Negotiations tell me yes. :eek:

Last edited:
GTS negotiations? am I safe to assume that you were also looking for certain Pokemon as well, or did you simply say "Hey, you growing your Join Avenue?" before making a random ComMon trade and leaving...

I've come under the idea that GTS negotiations were only if someone was genuinely looking for something as opposed to the general (and broken by unrestricted illegal requests) GTS, so using it to grow your avenue... huh, didn't occur to me.

I prefer using Dream World since I don't have to put in extra effort to get people to show up.

GTS negotiations? am I safe to assume that you were also looking for certain Pokemon as well, or did you simply say "Hey, you growing your Join Avenue?" before making a random ComMon trade and leaving...

I've come under the idea that GTS negotiations were only if someone was genuinely looking for something as opposed to the general (and broken by unrestricted illegal requests) GTS, so using it to grow your avenue... huh, didn't occur to me.

Well I would log on and sometimes people would automatically disconnect. I guess they do it to get people to come to their avenue. Sometimes they would offer me a Pokémon named JAvenue or things like that. Or they would just do a trade and leave.

I prefer using Dream World since I don't have to put in extra effort to get people to show up.

Yeah I do that too. It's muuuuch easier that way. :p

Last edited:
I finally got something good out of Join Avenue. My florist shop is now a garden and sells Liechi and Apicot berries (first time I've ever gotten Apicot). Now I need to find florist shops from White 2 so I can get a Salac berry, and I guess after that I can *try* for Petaya and Ganlon berries even though I don't really care about them.

My avenue is Level 36 and has almost all Level 10 shops. Drayden and Roxie I know have visited the avenue. Really like Join Avenue, does anyone think it'll appear in future Pokemon games?

Spent yesterday and the day before getting four Florists up to level 8. I now have 4 of each of the pinch berries everyday (Liechi, Ganlon, Petaya, Apicot and Salac) for some old-school battling. Pity there's no soil for growing them in Unova though, despite all the Mulch.

I don't really have to many Tags, but I do like advancing my Avenue. Trying to get every shop to it's best

I wish the wifi in my dorm worked with my DSi. Then I'd get to do Magnemite Chain and have a level a billion Join Avenue by now. Alas, it doesn't so it's still only level 14. It's excruciating to be so close.

I've had Roxie and Cheren visit my Join Avenue. 1000 popularity is nice, but I found out that popularity doesn't carry through to the next level of shops or Join Avenue. I made the mistake of sending Cheren to my level 1 Dojo (managed by myself from Black version) to find this out. So I basically wasted like 800 popularity there. At least it all went to the avenue itself.

Any results on how the Dojo and Cafe effects EVs, and do the Pokerus or power items effect those services? I've always wondered if they would train after 100 EVs in a stat myself, but never got around to trying it. Someone in this thread mentioned that the Dojo agreed to train a Pokemon after the Pokemon refused vitamins, and I've learned that the Cafe and Salon will refuse their friendliness-raising services to Pokemon that already have maximum friendliness. So I would guess that Dojo and Cafe will raise EVs in a stat all the way to 255. However, the Salon will offer EV-lowering services to Pokemon that have no EV's yet (I've given them to freshly-hatched Eevees to evolve them into Umbreon/Espeon faster)... but that's probably different, since there's a secondary effect of the EV-lowering services and not to the Dojo/s/Cafe's EV-training services.

So basically, what I'm saying is that my research yields inconclusive... At some point I'll have to EV train something with known IVs and check it all myself (unless someone has already done it).

My Join Avenue is now at Rank 32 and I finally got to recruit someone! It just happened to be "myself" from my White game--the Trainer said we had passed each other by several times before and I had the chance to chat with myself for a few moments. When I hit "Recruit" and got a "I'll be the best Assistant I can" type answer, I nearly fell over. I've lost count of how many times I've tried to recruit someone and been told no.

Well I'm only Rank 30 and instead of going through GTS I went to GTS Negotiations and got a bunch of people to visit that way and for some reason when those people come to my avenue I can Check their Medals and things like that. And i can always recruit them to be assistants. Everyone through GTS tells me no, but everyone from GTS Negotiations tell me yes. :eek:
I should probably try Negotiations: simply tossing a Magnemite on GTS isn't cutting it anymore. I'll get a couple of trades, sure but then the Magnemite will just sit there and languish for a while before I get a response.

Now trading for a Magnemite on GTS has gotten a lot easier. I'm actually pulling in more trades than I was previously. I have no idea as to why.

My Avenue is at level 37 right now. I've been abusing the heck out of the Florist and the Market but I haven't used the Dojo, the Salon or the Bistro terribly much. But man, I do love buying Lum and Colbur berries by the ton. :XD2:

I should probably try Negotiations: simply tossing a Magnemite on GTS isn't cutting it anymore. I'll get a couple of trades, sure but then the Magnemite will just sit there and languish for a while before I get a response.

Now trading for a Magnemite on GTS has gotten a lot easier. I'm actually pulling in more trades than I was previously. I have no idea as to why.
I'm guessing it will go in cycles, since people were reporting that the Magnemite they were trading for kept getting taken, so then more people decide to offer instead. Now, too many people are offering.

Dream World seems to not be as good a source for Join Avenue visitors anymore either...

I'm guessing it will go in cycles, since people were reporting that the Magnemite they were trading for kept getting taken, so then more people decide to offer instead. Now, too many people are offering.

Dream World seems to not be as good a source for Join Avenue visitors anymore either...
Maybe the novelty is wearing off. It's been about 2 months since the release in English-speaking countries and Europe and 6 months since the Japanese release, and a lot of people are probably either maxed on Join Avenue or satisfied with where they are.

What is the max level for Join Avenue, anyway? Isn't the max level for shops 10?

So far, Burgh and Clay have visited, and I think I'm close to getting another visitor. My Emporium, Museum, and Raffle Shop are all maxed, the Nursery and Florist are level 9, and everything else is level 8. I abuse the Museum like crazy, but every time, I end up with a bag full of Hard Stones, only getting a Poke Ball and a couple of Shards. Still hoping to get that Master Ball, but on the upside, I've gotten 6 PP Maxes and 4 Rare Candies at the Lottery! I mainly use the Emporium to get a daily Ether and the Florist to get Leppa and Lum Berries. I find the Barber to be a little useless, but the Colosseum and the Kitchen are great for a quick level, especially because I'm training around 30 Pokemon at once.

GTS trades, random match-ups, wi-fi battles/trades - everything works!!

Does anyone know how to trigger the gym leaders to visit the join avenue?

I'm guessing you have to have beaten the Elite 4? I've been seeing reports of gym leader visits in ranks much lower than the one I have.

So I'll try to answer some stuff that I read above.

1. Max rank for your Avenue is 100
2. Max rank for your stores is 10
3. If your EVs are already 255, the Dojo training will be refused.
4. The Nursery isn't unlocked until level 15 and you have to be registered in the Hall Of fame before people ask to open a nursery
5. I'm so sorry about how long this bit is about to be, but here is all the EV information for the Dojo:
HP Lv4 Dojo You strengthen your Pokemon a tiny bit. Its HP EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 4
HP Lv8 Dojo You strengthen your Pokemon a little bit. Its HP EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 8
HP Lv12 Dojo You strengthen your Pokemon. Its HP EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 12
HP Lv16 Dojo You strengthen your Pokemon quite a bit. Its HP EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 16
HP Lv24 Dojo You strengthen your Pokemon a lot. Its HP EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 24
HP Lv32 Dojo You strengthen your Pokemon a tonne. Its HP EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 32
HP Lv64 Dojo You strengthen your Pokemon absurdly. Its HP EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 64
Attack Lv4 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Attack a tiny bit. Its Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 4
Attack Lv8 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Attack a little bit. Its Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 8
Attack Lv12 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Attack. Its Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 12
Attack Lv16 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Attack quite a bit. Its Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 16
Attack Lv24 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Attack a lot. Its Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 24
Attack Lv32 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Attack a tonne. Its Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 32
Attack Lv64 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Attack absurdly. Its Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 64
Defense Lv4 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Defense a tiny bit. Its Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 4
Defense Lv8 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Defense a little bit. Its Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 8
Defense Lv12 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Defense. Its Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 12
Defense Lv16 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Defense quite a bit. Its Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 16
Defense Lv24 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Defense a lot. Its Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 24
Defense Lv32 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Defense a tonne. Its Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 32
Defense Lv64 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Defense absurdly. Its Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 64
Sp. Atk Lv4 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Attack a tiny bit. Its Sp. Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 4
Sp. Atk Lv8 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Attack a little bit. Its Sp. Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 8
Sp. Atk Lv12 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Attack. Its Sp. Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 12
Sp. Atk Lv16 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Attack quite a bit. Its Sp. Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 16
Sp. Atk Lv24 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Attack a lot. Its Sp. Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 24
Sp. Atk Lv32 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Attack a tonne. Its Sp. Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 32
Sp. Atk Lv64 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Attack absurdly. Its Sp. Attack EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 64
Sp. Def Lv4 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Defense a tiny bit. Its Sp. Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 4
Sp. Def Lv8 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Defense a little bit. Its Sp. Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 8
Sp. Def Lv12 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Defense. Its Sp. Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 12
Sp. Def Lv16 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Defense quite a bit. Its Sp. Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 16
Sp. Def Lv24 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Defense a lot. Its Sp. Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 24
Sp. Def Lv32 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Defense a tonne. Its Sp. Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 32
Sp. Def Lv64 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Sp. Defense absurdly. Its Sp. Defense EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 64
Speed Lv4 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Speed a tiny bit. Its Speed EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 4
Speed Lv8 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Speed a little bit. Its Speed EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 8
Speed Lv12 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Speed. Its Speed EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 12
Speed Lv16 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Speed quite a bit. Its Speed EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 16
Speed Lv24 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Speed a lot. Its Speed EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 24
Speed Lv32 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Speed a tonne. Its Speed EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 32
Speed Lv64 Dojo You strengthen your Pokémon's Speed absurdly. Its Speed EVs rise. - Increases EVs by 64

6. I have no idea still how to trigger Gym Leader visits. I'm testing it out now to see if visiting with them helps. I do know you can only have a maximum of 12 visitors. So after about 10 GTS trades or 10 negotiations, you should jump out and visit your avenue since 12 is the max that can be waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
as of today, my join avenue CraZyAVE. is rank 24. i have had Cheren, Roxie, and Skyla come to my avenue. most of my shops are at least level 7. constantly trying to improve it every day :p

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom