• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: The Joseph & Alice Podcast

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
This fanfiction is a sequel to the Games universe version of The Paxton & Joseph Show, an interview show where a man named Paxton & his son Joseph, brought in several Pokémon Trainers from the various games and mad them spill their guts on their special show.

It introduces a new PokeGirl from Kalos named Alice, who quickly develops feelings for Joseph and decides to help Joseph in running his own private interview podcast after The Paxton & Joseph Show goes off the air before it can be renewed for a second season.

My plan is for this sequel to have an actual chapter format as well as more of an actual background story that will flesh out Joseph, Alice, and (to a lesser extent) Paxton's characters, compared to the episodic & humor-oriented Paxton & Joseph Show (although Interviews will still be the main focus).

Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - A new girl on the block! Her name is Alice!?
Chapter 2 - Joseph VS Alice!!
Chapter 3 - A quality evening!
Chapter 4 - Putting the plan into action!
Chapter 5 - Joseph & Alice arrive in Hoenn!!
Chapter 6 - Joseph & Alice interview Norman!
Chapter 7 - Joseph & Alice interview Wally!
Chapter 8 - Meanwhile in Kanto...a second season!?
Chapter 9 - Joseph & Alice interview Roxanne!
Chapter 10 - Paxton interviews Melony!
Chapter 11 - Joseph & Alice interview Wallace!
Chapter 12 - Arrival in Kalos! A romantic day of sightseeing!!
Chapter 13 - Paxton interviews Raihan!
Chapter 14 - Joseph & Alice interview Valerie!
Chapter 15 - Joseph & Alice interview Tierno!
Chapter 16 - Joseph & Alice interview Shauna!
Chapter 17 - Joseph & Alice interview Trevor!
Chapter 18 - Paxton interviews Nessa!
Chapter 19 - Joseph & Alice interview Diantha!
Chapter 20 - Paxton interviews Honey!
Chapter 21 - Aether Layover!
Chapter 22 - Making the Connection!
Chapter 23 - Paxton interviews Rosa!
Chapter 24 - Joseph & Alice interview Sonia!
Chapter 25 - The truth revealed!?
Chapter 26 - Joseph & Alice interview Allister!
Chapter 27 - Joseph's Ancestor interviews Irida!?
Chapter 28 - Paxton interviews May!
Chapter 29 - The moment of truth!?
Chapter 30 - The way home! End of a chapter!?
Chapter 31: Paxton, Joseph, & Alice interview Erika!
Chapter 32: Joseph & Alice set off! Charting their paths forward!

Last edited:
Chapter 1 - A new girl on the block! Her name is Alice!?

(Paxton and Joseph are in the living room, watching a Pokemon battle on the television. Two Cooltrainers are battling it out in a 3 vs 3 battle. The male Cooltrainer sends out a Golem, while the female Cooltrainer sends out a Butterfree)

Announcer: And here they are, the champions of tomorrow! No one knows who will win this battle, especially since each Trainer has a team made up of Pokemon of entirely different types, but what kind of battle can we expect to see?

Male Cooltrainer: Golem, use Rock Slide!

Announcer: Here’s the first move…

(It’s super effective!)

Announcer: A mighty blow from the word go!

(Butterfree is taken out with one hit)

Announcer: TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!

Female Cooltrainer: Butterfree, enough, come back!

Announcer: This is a wild one from the word go!

Joseph: What, is the announcer getting paid every time he says the words “from the word go”? Because I’d, from the word go, like to get in on that ac-from the word go-tion.

Paxton: From from the word go what I’ve heard, announcers for Pokemon battles don’t sell out for cheap. One of my co-workers once told me that Ted Lewis gets 50,000 Pokedollars every time he mentions some kind of fun-time emporium.

(The battle continues, until both trainers are down to their final Pokemon, a Lapras and a Dragonite)

Female Cooltrainer: Lapras, Ice Beam, let’s go!

Announcer: Cosmic Bowling Ice Beam hits! It’s Celadon City Game Corner super effective!

(Dragonite is knocked out. The Female Cooltrainer wins the battle)

Announcer: AND THERE GOES THE that lazer tag place down the street BATTLE!!!

Paxton: …I rest my case.

Joseph: That was still an interesting battle though!

Paxton: Anyway, Joseph, I wanted to tell you something. I’ve been trying to set up preparations for a 2019 season of the Paxton and Joseph Show, but so far I’ve run into a few snags. So, looking back on all the great times we had together on air with each other and all the things we learned about our 16 different interviewees, I’ve been meaning to ask you – would you like-

(Suddenly, the doorbell rings)

Paxton: I’ll get that.

(Paxton answers the door)

Paxton: Knock knock, who’s there?

Girl: Hello! (blushing shyly) Uh, are you Paxton…the same Paxton who used to host an interview show here alongside his son Joseph?

Paxton: Who you? You who? Who, me? Yes, you! Knock knock, knock knock…who you? You who?

(Paxton suddenly changes his tone)

Paxton: Seriously though, yes I’m Paxton, but who are you and why are you here?

Girl: My name is Alice. I just moved into a house a little ways down the street from you guys. I’ve seen a couple episodes of your show on TV, and I was wondering if Joseph is available to talk right now?

Paxton: Uh, sure, I’ll be right back.

(Paxton closes the door, walks back to the living room, and is just about to tell Joseph that a girl wants to see him, when his cell phone rings. He answers it)

Paxton: Hello, this is Paxton…yes……………WHAAAAAT?!...NO NO NO! I’ll show you!

(Paxton hangs up)

Joseph: What was that about?

(Instead of answering, Paxton returns to the front door)

Paxton: Joseph’s not here right now. He went to the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City to train.

Alice: I see. Well, can you-

Paxton: Look, just shut up and get off my property!

Alice: (gasp) Excuse me?!

Paxton: I said LEAVE! NOW!!!

(Paxton slams the door)

Joseph: Dad! Don’t you think that was pretty rude and uncalled for?!

Paxton: (sigh) Yeah. I’m sorry. I guess I just sort of…took out my anger on that girl.

Joseph: Why?

Paxton: The Kanto TV Network has decided not to move forward with my request to renew The Paxton & Joseph Show for a second season, citing numerous instances where our interviews erupted into chaos.

Joseph: So THAT’S what that phone call was about?

Paxton: Yes. Well anywho, let’s just forget my little outburst happened, okay? If you need me, I’ll be in my room, on my computer, filing a lawsuit.

Joseph: Believe me, it doesn’t do any good.

Paxton: You’re probably right…but there can’t be any harm in trying, right? And besides, I still need to get some of my anger out.

(Paxton heads into his room and closes the door. Joseph, who overheard that the girl who came to their door was looking for him, walks to the front door, opens it, and walks out. Somewhat torn between excitement and unease, he looks around to see if the girl already left, and sees her kneeling down on the sidewalk, crying her eyes out)

Joseph: Hey, what’s the matter?

Alice: …J-Joseph…?

Joseph: That’s me. What’s wrong?

Alice: …Your father Paxton hurt my feelings.

Joseph: Yeah, I can't say that really surprises me. As a father to me, he usually means well, but...heck, even when we were on the air, I remember he was a bit rash in yelling at his staff members and calling security.

Alice: (sniff) He told me to shut up! And to...get off his property! That's no way to treat a girl like me! (snivel)

Joseph: I know. I overheard him talking to you from my living room.

Alice: Huh? He told me you were at the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City.

Joseph: He just lied through his teeth because I think he was suspicious of your motives to begin with. And he was in a bad mood because he’d just found out our show was rejected for a second season.

Alice: Oh. Well, sorry to hear that, I guess.

Joseph: Hey, don’t feel bad. I’ve actually never been nearly as outspoken or outgoing or generally as much of a performer type as Paxton. He was the one who organized the whole show and invited me to co-star it with him, and I was sort of just…along for the ride because I was curious in learning about the many Pokemon Trainers he planned to invite onto the show for an interview.

(Silence for a short while. Alice wipes the tears from her eyes, then turns to face Joseph)

Joseph: (thinking to himself) Wow, this girl sure is cute!

Alice: Well, sorry I haven’t introduced myself. My name is Alice. Nice to meet you!

Joseph: Nice to meet you, too!

Alice: I moved into a house a short ways down the street from you last week.

Joseph: Where did you move from?

Alice: Kalos.

Joseph: Wow! Really? So…are you a Pokemon Trainer too?

Alice: Why, yes I am! I got all of the Gym badges in the Kalos region, but when I challenged the Pokemon League, I lost to this Steel-type Trainer wearing a suit of armor.

Joseph: Wikstrom?

Alice: Yes, that’s right, that was his name. And then shortly after that my Mom found out her company was relocating to Celadon City, so I had to come back home, pack up my stuff, and say my goodbyes to the Kalos region.

Joseph: I hear you. I spent most of my childhood in Sinnoh and took on the Gym Challenge there, so I consider myself a Sinnohite at heart. In fact, I actually became Champion of that region for a couple of weeks, and ever since me and Paxton moved back to Kanto, many times I miss all the mountains, forests, and the semi-rural nature of that region.

Alice: That’s right, I seem to remember you saying something about that once or twice on the show!

Joseph: So anyway, was there any real reason you wanted to see me? Was it to ask me for a battle?

Alice: Uh…no, I just wanted to…say hi.

Joseph: Oh. Well, would you like to have a battle with me anyway?

Alice: …Su-Sure! I need some time to recuperate tonight, and…get ready…but tomorrow I’m free, and I’ll be ready!

Joseph: Any particular time & place you’d like to have it?

Alice: Let’s have it on…Route 7, at…12 o’clock!

Joseph: Very well then. Looking forward to it!

Alice: Buh-bye!

(Alice leaves)

Joseph: Well, what an ironic turn of events. Guess I’d better go back inside before Dad comes out of his room and wonders where I disappeared off to…

Last edited:
By the way, if anyone is curious as to what Alice & Joseph actually look like, here you go:

Alice:
Screenshot 2020-02-10 19.40.36.png

Joseph:
16_Joseph.jpg

Last edited:
No idea what show this is referencing! But the radio show here sounds hilarious, with everything routinely going to chaos, like probably something you'd hear on a GTA radio or something. Also, dayum. That girl moves fast. Moves into the neighborhood and one of the first things she does is move in on the local sort of celebrity? But...a picture of her and not of this Joseph she's chasing? Clearly, something is wrong here!!

Not exactly the highest art form of reading here, but this seems small and interesting enough to keep up with, especially if it has good character interactions.

No idea what show this is referencing!

This one right here:

I got the idea for that from Lemmy’s Land, a Mario fansite which is offline now, but had a section where people could write creative interviews with various Mario universe characters, which were usually humorous and often ended in chaos, just like the ones on that show.

Basically with this fanfic I’m doing a sequel in the Games timeline, but with a more serious undertone, a "shipping" twist, and more story filler in between the actual interviews.

Last edited:
Chapter 2 – Joseph VS Alice!!

(It’s late in the morning, on the day Joseph agreed to have a battle with the Alice girl he met last night. Joseph is in his room, getting ready.)

Joseph: Let’s see here…Potions…Poke Balls…I think I’m good to go!

(As Joseph is putting on his backpack, Paxton knocks on his door and comes in)

Paxton: Hey Joseph.

Joseph: What is it, Dad?

Paxton: I thought it over last night. As an apology for everything that’s happened with our show being cancelled, I thought I’d take you out to dinner tonight, and then we’ll go to the Game Corner and play some games. It’s been awhile since you last played those games there, hasn’t it?

Joseph: Oh! Well…okay.

Paxton: You seem kind of nervous. Is there something going on that maybe I should know about?

Joseph: (thinking) Better not tell him about Alice until I can work things out…(speaking) No. Not at all! I just…fancy a bit of training with my Pokemon on Route 7 right now. But I’ll be back by this evening and then we can have some fun.

Paxton: Okey-doke. Have fun with your, uh, training.

(Joseph heads outside, then makes his way to Route 7. He arrives there at 11:55 AM, with 5 minutes to spare)

Joseph: Alright Joseph, it’s time to get your game face on.

(Joseph’s heart is pounding as he waits for Alice to show up. But noon comes and goes, and Alice is nowhere to be seen.)

Joseph: That’s odd. She’s late…

(As the minutes pass by, Joseph grows more and more uneasy.)

Joseph: Oh please don't tell me Alice never liked me and decided to just ditch me. Please do not tell me-

(But just then…)

Girl’s voice: Joseph...? Joseph...!

(Joseph turns around, and sees Alice running up)

Joseph: Alice! Glad you made it!

Alice: Yes. Sorry I’m late, I got lost in Celadon City.

Joseph: It is a pretty big town, alright. I remember I got lost several times when we moved there, too. But you’re here now!

Alice: Well then, shall we start the battle? What will the rules be?

Joseph: Let’s make it a 3 VS 3 battle. No items allowed except for those held by your Pokemon.

(Joseph notices the Mega Ring on Alice’s wrist)

Joseph: Wait, you can use Mega Evolution?

Alice: Hee hee...I sure can! Don’t take me lightly just because I’m a cute-looking girl!

(Joseph takes his own Z-Ring out of his back pack and puts it on)

Joseph: Good thing I remembered to bring this. Alright, let the battle begin! I’ll let you choose your Pokemon first.

Alice: (after thinking over her choice for a bit) Go, Trevenant!

(Alice sends out a Trevenant)

Joseph: Hm. Well in that case…Torterra, I choose you!

(Joseph sends out his Torterra)

Alice: Oh, what is that?

(Alice scans it with her Pokedex)

Joseph: Alright then, so it’s a Grass vs Grass battle! Torterra, let’s start things off with a Wood Hammer!

Alice: Trevenant, use Wood Hammer as well!

(The two attacks collide in a massive explosion, and both Pokemon seem somewhat weakened)

Joseph: Torterra, Stone Edge!

(It hits for a good bit of damage)

Alice: Horn Leech!

(Trevenant seems mostly healed up, while Torterra is moderately damaged)

Joseph: (thinking) That’s right, Torterra is part Ground-type, so he’s taking neutral damage.

Alice: Now use Phantom Force!

(Trevenant vanishes instantly)

Joseph: Woah! Where’d Trevenant go? Torterra, let’s try to trick her up with Stealth Rock!

(Torterra sets up a trap of pointed stones)

Alice: Now, Trevenant, attack!

(Trevenant hits Torterra with Phantom Force, but Torterra seems to tank it fairly easily)

Joseph: Torterra’s physical Defense is pretty high…I just need to find a way to use this in my favor. But Trevenant is immune to Leech Seed…ah well, Torterra, let’s go with Earthquake!

(The Earthquake scores a critical hit, and Trevenant seems very weak)

Alice: Are you okay, Trevanant?

(Trevenant is able to indicate that it still wishes to fight)

Joseph: Now finish it off with Heavy Slam!

Alice: Destiny Bond!

(Trevenant is able to ready Destiny Bond just a split second before the Heavy Slam connects…it knocks Trevenant out!)

Joseph: Uh oh…

(Trevenant takes Torterra down with it!)

Joseph: Well fancy that. A double knockout! Torterra, return!

Alice: You did great, Trevenant. Now take a nice rest…

(Both Trainers recall their Pokemon)

Joseph: Good job defeating one of my star Pokemon! So who will it be next?

Alice: Delphox, let’s go!

(Alice chooses Delphox as her next Pokemon, only for it to immediately cry out in pain as pointed stones dig into it)

Alice: What’s that?!

Joseph: Stealth Rock deals Rock-type damage to an opponent’s Pokemon when it enters battle. Since Delphox is a Fire-type, it takes extra damage. I got the TM for it from Roark, a Gym Leader in Sinnoh.

Alice: Oh no!

Joseph: So you started your journey with Fennekin, huh? Well in that case, I choose…Vaporeon! Go!

(Joseph sends out Vaporeon)

Alice: Trying to play to type advantages, are you? Well then, Delphox, let’s set up a Light Screen!

(Delphox uses Light Screen)

Joseph: Darn! Well, two can play that game. Vaporeon, use Aqua Ring!

(Vaporeon surrounds itself with a veil of water)

Alice: (thinking to herself) So we’re both playing defensively…then I guess I’ll just have to make my move now.

Alice: Delphox, Psyshock!

(Some stones appear in midair, and then blast Vaporeon for quite a bit of damage)

Joseph: That’s right, Vaporeon’s physical Defense is lower than its Special Defense. Well, anyway, my turn now. Vaporeon, Hydro Pump!

(Vaporeon fires off a Hydro Pump...but it completely misses!)

Joseph: D’oh!

Alice: Flamethrower, go!

(Delphox's Flamethrower, while not very effective, still manages to Burn Vaporeon)

Joseph: Dang!

(But Vaporeon seems more or less healed)

Joseph: Good thing I used Aqua Ring beforehand...

Alice: Now follow up with Grass Knot!

Joseph: What the-?!

(Delphox's Grass Knot hits Vaporeon for Super Effective damage! But Vaporeon holds on.)

Joseph: Vaporeon! Water Pulse!

(Vaporeon lands a critical hit, wanting to be praised!)

Joseph: Awesome! Nice going, Vaporeon!

(That combined with the super effective damage is enough to knock out Delphox, despite the Light Screen)

Alice: Delphox, take a nice rest.

(She recalls her Delphox)

Joseph: So it’s 2 to 1 now.

Alice: Alright Alice, it’s time to get serious! Go on, Mawile! I know you can do it!

(She sends out Mawile)

Joseph: (thinking) Hmm, I know Mawile can Mega Evolve. So in that case, all I have to do is bring in my own heavy hitter capable of Mega Evolution! I may have a type disadvantage here, but Vaporeon is still pretty healthy just in case.

Joseph: Vaporeon, return! Go for it, Gallade!

(Joseph recalls Vaporeon and sends out Gallade. And sure enough, Alice is eying her Mega Ring. The two of them lock eyes, nod, and…)

Joseph: Gallade…

Alice: Mawile…

Alice & Joseph: MEGA EVOLVE!!!

(The two of them press their Mega Rings simultaneously, and both Pokemon Mega Evolve into their Mega Evolved forms)

Joseph: Alright now! Gallade! Close Combat!

Alice: Dodge it and use Iron Head!

(Mega Mawile manages to avoid the move in time via Alice’s shout, and retaliates with Iron Head)

Joseph: Drain Punch!

Alice: Crunch!

(Mega Mawile hits Mega Gallade off guard with a Crunch attack, but Mega Gallade is able to heal back some of the damage with Drain Punch)

Joseph: Close Combat again! Go!

(Mega Gallade’s Close Combat connects this time, and scores a critical hit to boot!)

Alice: Oh nooo!

(But Mega Mawile manages to tough it out so Alice wouldn’t feel sad!)

Alice: Whew! Good job, Mawile!

(Mega Mawile, despite being at 1 HP, manages to give Alice that special look. She decides to go for the type advantage and the drop in Gallade's Defense to hopefully knock Gallade out)

Alice: Mawile, use Play Rough!

Joseph: AAAAHHHH!

(But Mega Gallade avoids the attack!)

Joseph: Nice! Alright, time to end this! Psycho Cut!

(While not very effective, it’s enough. Mawile is unable to battle. Joseph has won!)

Alice: Ohhh…Trevenant, Delphox, Mawile...I’m so sorry! I’ll get you healed up at the Pokemon Center!

Joseph: Well, looks like I’m the winner. But don’t let it get to you. You did really well, and you certainly surprised me with certain moves throughout the battle.

Alice: …R-Really?! Thank you! Oh, and before I forget…

(Alice gives Joseph 5,500 Pokedollars for winning)

Joseph: If you want, I can show you the way to the Pokemon Center in Celadon City.

Alice: Thank you, Joseph. You’re so sweet.

(And the two of them walk off to the Pokemon Center to get their teams healed up after their hot battle…)

Last edited:
Chapter 3: A quality evening!

(Joseph and Alice have arrived at the Pokemon Center. Each of them hands their group of three Pokemon who participated in the battle to Nurse Joy to be restored to full health. While they wait, they decide to chat.)

Joseph: So Alice, can I see your other Pokemon which you didn’t use in our battle?

Alice: Absolutely! Everybody, this is Joseph!

(Alice sends out a Yellow Flower Florges, a Lapras, and a Furret)

Joseph: Wow, so that’s a pretty good Pokemon collection you’ve got there!

Alice: Delphox has been by my side since the start of my journey, and I caught Mawile early on as well. It took her awhile to master Mega Evolution, but now she’s quite the strong member of my team! Florges is another Pokémon who has been with me for awhile, and she has many useful healing abilities which have gotten us out of several tight spots. Lapras & Furret don't particularly like battling, but I enjoy riding on Lapras across the water, and Furret is useful for helping me find my way through caves and forests.

Joseph: Yeah, it seemed like you and Mawile were really in sync with each other during our battle! Well at any rate, here’s the other three Pokemon I’ve got on MY team!

(Joseph sends out a Magnezone, a Clefable, and a Slaking)

Joseph: And I also have an Absol that I trained with in Sinnoh, but it’s now at Professor Oak’s Lab.

Alice: Nice to meet all of you.

(Both Trainers recall all of their Pokemon)

Joseph: So…I was just thinking of something I wanted to ask you. Have you ever been to the Galar region? It’s been getting a lot of press coverage lately, and I’ve heard it’s located near Kalos.

Alice: Yes, you can take a high-speed train to get there from Lumiose City. I went when I was still just a little girl, before I was old enough to become a Pokemon Trainer, so I don’t really remember it too much. But yet, I know I could never have taken on the Gym Challenge had I been born in Galar.

Joseph: Why’s that?

Alice: Gym battles in Galar take place in these huge stadiums that routinely draw in crowds of several thousand people. I would not like the pressure of battling in front of all those people watching you, whilst trying to remain focused around the screaming of the crowd at the same time. In Kalos, people tend to have more of an appreciation for the arts and the finer things in life. As Pokemon Trainers our focus tends to be more on the journey, rather than on seeking glory.

Joseph: Yeah…I see what you mean.

Alice: I really enjoyed making PR Videos, though, because it allowed for me & my Pokemon to express our creativity without the need to battle or be part of an on-stage performance. Want me to show you some of my favorites?

Joseph: Sure!

(Alice takes out her phone and logs onto the PR Video website. She shows Joseph a video of her and Fennekin dancing in a forest, another video of her smiling and winking at the camera, and one last video of all six of her Pokemon coming in from different angles and giving cute poses for the camera over a hearts background)

Joseph: Woah! Those are super cute!

Alice: Hey, you’re making me blush!

Joseph: Oh. Sorry.

Alice: And I also like the wide range of dining & shopping options in Lumiose City.

Joseph: Did you ever try out the Battle Chateau?

Alice: Oh no, I’m much too sensitive for that. They really play up the royal attitude of superiority there.

Joseph: You mean it’s customary for Trainers there to insult each other before a battle?

Alice: Yes.

Nurse Joy: We’re sorry to have kept you waiting. Your Pokemon are restored to full health!

(She gives Torterra, Vaporeon, and Gallade back to Joseph, and Mawile, Delphox, and Trevenant back to Alice)

Joseph & Alice: Thank you!

Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again!

Joseph: Well, Alice, I should probably head back home. I promised Paxton I’d go out to dinner with him at Celadon Café, and then the two of us are going to spend the rest of the evening playing games at Celadon Game Corner!

(Alice looks intrigued, but says nothing about wanting to join in)

Alice: Before you go, here’s my phone number if you ever feel the need to talk with me.

(The two of them exchange numbers)

Joseph: Take care, Alice!

Alice: You too! Bye! Hope to see you again sometime!

(Joseph starts walking back home, trying to contain his excitement)

Joseph: Be still my heart…this Alice girl is cute, she’s a very skilled Trainer with a lot of really cool Pokemon, and…she seems to understand how I feel!!!

(Joseph gets back home, goes to his room, and alternates between spending some time on the computer, and playing with Torterra, until his father calls him down to head out to Celadon Café)

Paxton: Okay Joseph, let’s go, time for our dinner!

(Joseph and Paxton get on their Bicycles and head to Celadon Café.)

Joseph: Hey Paxton, don’t they deliver nowadays?

Paxton: Yeah, but don’t bother trying to call in an order for delivery. Nobody knows how to answer a phone.

Joseph: Wait, what makes you say that?!

Paxton: You’ll see. (to the waitress) Hello, a table for two, please?

(The waitress takes Paxton & Joseph to their table. As they walk past the door to the kitchen, Joseph catches a glimpse of a few delivery boys standing around, staring off into space, completely ignoring the phones that are ringing off the hook.)

Head chef: (from inside the kitchen) SOMEBODY GET THE PHONES!

(One of the couriers grudgingly answers one of the phones)

Paxton: See what I mean? I got put on hold for ten minutes and never taken care of the last time I tried to phone in an order for delivery.

(The two of them sit down at their table. The dinner passes uneventfully, although the food is not that good. Then, after Paxton has paid and the two of them are leaving, Joseph notices smoke coming out of the kitchen…or is it steam from the steamed clams they have?)

Courier: Hey Paula, the kitchen’s on fire!

Waitress: No, my boy, it’s just the northern lights.

Chefs: (distant screaming) HELP! HEELLLP!!!

(Joseph & Paxton sigh. As they walk back to their Bikes, Joseph remembers what Alice told him about how great the cafes were in Kalos)

Joseph: (quietly, to himself) Well, that settles it. I’m giving Alice a call tomorrow to propose an idea that I’ve had ever since The Paxton & Joseph Show went off the air.

Paxton: I’m sorry Joseph, did you say something?

Joseph: Wha-no! I was just saying…that I’m really looking forward to, uh, trying to beat my high score on Chip Away.

Paxton: Oh. Well, you ready to head over to the Game Corner?

Joseph: Yes! I can’t wait!

(The two of them Bike to the Game Corner as fast as they can)

Paxton: Well Joseph, I'm afraid it turns out I’ve got some work to do, so here’s 50,000 Pokedollars to buy some game coins. Knock yourself out. I'll see you back home, and good night!

(Joseph buys some game coins, and then ponders which game to try out)

Youngster: Hmph…this game cheats! I was shielding! SHIELDING! No! I did NOT press that!

Joseph: (sigh) I miss the old slot machines. Oh well. I guess I’ll just try out some good old-fashioned Voltorb Flip…

(Joseph starts playing the various arcade games, but because Alice is still very much on his mind he ends up doing pretty badly overall)

Last edited:
Chapter 4 – Putting the plan into action!

(The morning after his night at the Game Corner, Joseph is lost in thought)

Joseph: Now that Alice has come into my life, but The Joseph & Paxton Show is off the air, I have the perfect idea…but how to pull it off? First, let me check the old bank account…

(Joseph logs onto his bank to check the balance)

Joseph: Okay, I should have enough here for three regional trips, if we don’t spend too much time in any one location. But which regions?

(Joseph thinks it over for quite awhile, then finally decides on three Pokemon regions that would work well, and which he & Paxton did not interview as many people from)

Joseph: Now which Trainers from those three regions would I, personally, like to learn a little more about?

(After some more deliberation, Joseph types out a list)

Joseph: Okay…that should do it for now. I doubt I’ll be able to get around to all of them, but I’ll try my best. Now to summon up my courage…and call Alice to tell her all about my idea!

(Joseph punches in the phone number Alice gave him, and is just about to press the call button, when-)

Paxton: (distant shouting) Hey Joseph! Hurry up! You’re missing dinner!

Joseph: Oh dang! I lost track of the time here!

(Joseph walks out to the living room, where Paxton has grilled some burgers for dinner. Paxton is watching a battle on TV)

Joseph: Well Dad, how are things this evening?

Paxton: Same old, same old.

Joseph: No news from the network?

Paxton: Nope.

Joseph: Wait a minute, that Stadium on TV doesn’t look too familiar to me…

Paxton: It’s one of the Galar League’s Gyms. They have a tradition of battling in stadiums in that region. This one is led by a Ghost-type specialist named Allister. The battles are broadcast on television as well, and I just recently got the channel for them here at our house!

Joseph: (quietly) So THAT was what Alice was-

(Joseph stops mid sentence)

Paxton: I’m sorry?

Joseph: Oh, nothing. I was just saying, “So THAT’S what Allister does.” You know, dressing up like a ghost? To go along with his Gym’s theme?

Paxton: Actually, that’s only part of it. He’s a very shy person who wears that mask for Gym battles & public appearances.

(As the battle continues on, Allister suddenly gets distracted by a storm of cheering and air horn blasts coming from a bunch of people in the crowd wearing pink-colored punk outfits)

Joseph: Woah, are those guys fans of the girl who’s challenging Allister?

Paxton: Yeah, those are Team Yell. They’re Marnie’s loyal fans who seem to have a reputation for causing trouble.

Chairman Rose: (commentating for the battle on TV) I’m being told that security is on it right now…

Joseph: That doesn’t sound good.

(After the battle is over and Joseph & Paxton are done eating, Joseph heads back to his room, and calls up Alice on his cell phone)

Alice: Hello?

Joseph: Hey Alice, it’s Joseph! How you doing tonight?

Alice: Fairly well. How about you?

Joseph: Good. I was just calling you to tell you about this idea I had.

Alice: And what idea would that be?

Joseph: I was just thinking…Even though I didn’t really like being a semi sort of celebrity during the days of The Paxton & Joseph Show, I still very much enjoyed learning about Trainers, asking them questions, and such. So I was thinking about starting my own private Podcast, and doing some more interviews on my own…and I wanted to ask you…uhhh, would…would you like to be a part of it and co-host it with me?

Alice: Really? You…really want me to be your co-host on your new podcast?

Joseph: Well you don’t HAVE to if you don’t want to…

Alice: I…I don’t know what to say!

Joseph: Do you need some more time to think about it?

Alice: I…I’d be delighted to, Joseph! But...how are we going to set up interview times, and things like that?

Joseph: I’ve learned a thing or two about how to contact Gym Leaders and other types for business reasons from my Dad. I’ll see about maybe asking some of the people I have in mind for half an hour or so to do an interview. I’m hopeful that at least some of them will recognize me and realize that this is a real Podcast, and that I’m not just some random kid who’s not worth their time. As for travel, I’ve already decided that I can pay for transportation to Hoenn, Kalos, and Galar, along with a few days in each region to do our interviews. But you are right, I still don’t fully know who all will be interviewed because I don’t know what all of our schedules will be.

Alice: Do you have a list more or less already written out?

Joseph: I do. It’s this:

Hoenn
-Norman
-Glacia
-Phoebe
-Roxanne
-Wallace
-Wally

Kalos
-Valerie
-Diantha
-Siebold
-Shauna
-Trevor
-Tierno

Galar
To be determined…

Joseph: I doubt we’ll be able to interview all of these people due to time constraints and other unpredictable factors, but none of them appeared on The Paxton & Joseph Show, yet I think all of them are Trainers that I would like to talk to, and learn more about.

Alice: But you don’t really know who you want to Interview from Galar yet?

Joseph: Not really, I have a couple ideas but I’m not too familiar with the region. If you want to help me with that part of the list, feel free!

Alice: Well, okay. I’m not too familiar with Galar either, because I’ve only been there once, and like I said, I felt like it did not really suit me.

Joseph: But after hearing about it from you and hearing about the Galar League going on right now, I decided I wanted to travel there to see it myself…and maybe interview some people while I’m there!

Alice: Sounds like a plan.

Joseph: As for the Podcast itself, I was thinking about calling it the Joseph & Alice Podcast. Does that sound good to you?

Alice: Yes, that’d be a lovely name!

Joseph: Hehehe…

Alice: So how long will this trip be?

Joseph: I was thinking maybe two weeks total, possibly spread out, depending on the situation. But I’ll keep you posted on the start date, seeing as how I haven’t booked anything just yet.

Alice: Oh. Well, I need to ask my mother for permission in any case. But I think she’d let me, seeing as how I have been on an adventure before and have some strong Pokémon with me!

Joseph: Same here. I’m pretty confident my father will be supportive of the idea, even if maybe…

Alice: Even if maybe what?

Joseph: Oh, nothing. Well, good night, I’ll be sure to keep you posted, and in the meantime, I’m sure we’ll hang out some more before then and we can work together to try to figure out how we’re going to do this.

Alice: Good night to you too. And thank you!

Chapter 5: Joseph & Alice head to Hoenn!!

(Joseph walks into his living room to find his father watching another battle on TV)

Joseph: (quietly to himself) Okay, Joseph, time to face the music.

Announcer: And that’s the end of this night’s Gym Battle at Hammerlocke Stadium! Hop has won!

Paxton: Oh…I guess that means he’s earned a spot in the Champion’s Cup. I’ve got my money on Gloria being the one to beat, though.

Joseph: Hey Dad, I’ve gotta tell you something.

Paxton: Oh! I didn’t see you walk in, Joseph. Sure, what’s on your mind, my son?

Joseph: You remember that girl you yelled at when she came to our door and asked to see me?

Paxton: Vaguely. What about her?

Joseph: Well, her name is Alice, and I talked to her that night. And over the last few days, we’ve kind of become friends.

Paxton: Wait…what?

(Joseph proceeds to tell him the whole story)

Paxton: I see. So you want to keep doing a Podcast on your own with this Alice girl?

Joseph: Yes, that’s the gist of it…Am I grounded? Or banned from the computer?

Paxton: No. Actually, I think it’s a great thing that you still have a desire to meet some more Trainers around the Pokemon world!

Joseph: Oh thank you! But I know you were the one to handle organizing everything when we were on the Paxton & Jospeh Show, so could you help me out with organizing an agenda? I’ve got a list of Trainers that I am personally interested in interviewing right here.

(He hands Paxton the list)

Paxton: Hmmm…okay. I can call some of my references and see what they might be able to do. And seeing as how I’ve been watching this year’s Galar League, I can recommend a list of some people you could interview.

Joseph: Sounds like a plan!

(A couple weeks later, Paxton has finished organizing the times and dates)

Paxton: Okay Joseph, it turned out my former colleagues couldn’t get ahold of everybody on your wish list, but I’ve got you a list of interviewees in the Hoenn & Kalos regions who have agreed to meet up with the two of you.

(Joseph reads over the list)

Josephs: Sounds good.

Paxton: I’ll keep talking to people and see how many people I can get from your list for Kalos, as well And by the way…tell Alice I’m sorry.

(Joseph calls Alice)

Joseph: Hey Alice, it’s Joseph. I just wanted to let you know that Paxton’s okay with the idea, and he’s compiled a schedule & list of people who are going to meet with us.

Alice: Wonderful!

Joseph: And…he says he’s sorry for the way he spoke to you earlier.

Alice: Don’t worry about it. My Mom says I can go, too. She thinks I’ve more than proved myself to be more than capable of fending for myself on account of having made it all the way to the Elite Four back when I took on the Kalos League.

Joseph: Yes, I battled you, remember?

Alice: You’re right. Well in any case, where and when will our first interview be?

Joseph: We start off with four interviews in Hoenn, throughout next week. Then we move on to Kalos, and from there Galar. My Dad will keep me posted as to our schedule in those two regions, and since he’s been watching the Galar League, he’s brainstorming who to talk to in Galar to see about a possible interview.

Alice: I’m looking forward to it! I need to think about what questions I want to ask everybody!

Joseph: Me too. I’ll see you at Saffron Airport next week!

(A week later, at Saffron Airport…)

Joseph: Alice! So great to see you again! It’s been awhile!

Alice: You too, Joseph.

Joseph: Now we just gotta check in for our flight to Petalburg, for our first interview, which will be with Norman. From there we can get a bike rental to take to the other meetup places.

Alice: Ohh, my heart is pounding!

(Joseph and Alice check in for their flight, make it through security, and board their flight.)

Joseph: (consulting his boarding pass) Okay, so it looks like I’ve got Seat 16A, aka a window seat, and you’re in 16C, aka the aisle.

Alice: I would have preferred a window seat myself, but no worries.

(Joseph and Alice take their seats, while an Ace Trainer gets the middle row. A few hours later, they’ve landed in Hoenn)

Flight attendant: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Petalburg City Regional Airport in Hoenn. The local time is 5:45 PM. For your safety, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the aircraft comes to a complete stop at the gate, and the captain has turned off the Seat Belt sign. If you’re a smoker, we ask that you please continue to observe the No Smoking sign until you’re within a designated smoking area.

Joseph: Wait a minute, it’s physically impossible to observe the No Smoking sign from just outside the airplane, let alone from inside a designated smoking area…

(Alice giggles at Joseph’s little observation)

Flight attendant: Before leaving the aircraft, remember to check around your seat for any personal itmes you may have brought on board. Thank you for flying with us this evening, and enjoy your stay in Petalburg, or wherever your final destination may be.

(The two of them get off the plane and head to Baggage Claim)

Joseph: Luckily for us, because Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh share the same customs union, we don’t have to go through customs, like you did when coming to Kanto from Kalos.

Alice: Yes, I remember that was kind of nerve wracking. Luckily my mother handled it very well.

(Then a buzzer sounds)

Joseph: Oh! Baggage movement is starting! Keep your eyes out for our bags!

(After retrieving their luggage, Joseph and Alice head to the bike rental place to rent some Mach Bikes. Then they ride to their Hotel, and check in to their rooms for the night)

Joseph: Well, here we are. Like I said, tomorrow’s interview will be with Norman, at his Gym. So until then, good night, and get some rest.

Alice: Good night to you too, Joseph! Sweet dreams!

(Alice winks at Joseph before entering her room)

Joseph: Man oh man…I cannot believe this is actually happening.

Last edited:
Chapter 6 - Joseph & Alice interview Norman!

Joseph: Is this thing on? Testing, testing…

(The video feed cuts)

Joseph: Alrighty, sorry about that, but welcome all you wonderful people who may one day decide to tune into this podcast. I’m Joseph, the same Joseph who used to be on the Paxton & Joseph Show but is now retired.

Alice: And I’m Alice! Joseph invited me to co-host this podcast with him!

Joseph: And welcome to The Joseph and Alice Podcast! So to start this series off, we’re here at the Petalburg City Gym, and we’re interviewing its Leader Norman, or "Normal Norm" as I've sometimes heard him called by the Trainers at his Gym.

Norman: Hello! Glad to be here!

Joseph: Norman is also the father of former Hoenn League Champion Brendan, who has been off doing who knows what these days.

(Brendan can be seen in the background putting on a Pikachu costume)

Joseph: So I’ll start this interview off by asking: What made you decide to train Normal-types?

Norman: Well, for one, I always loved going to temples throughout the Johto region, and participating in meditation & tea-drinking ceremonies to find inner harmony. So I guess you might say I’m attracted to the balanced nature of the type.

Alice: Oh, so you’re originally from Johto?

Norman: Yes, that was where we moved from in that moving truck that Brendan got to ride in! Although I myself had been to Hoenn many times before that, and had earned the position of Gym Leader, so it’s only natural that we decided to move after Professor Birch was able to get us a house in Littleroot Town.

Joseph: Did Brendan want to ride back there, or was there only enough room for two up front?

Norman: I let him ride back there because he wanted to do it and was very well behaved about the whole ordeal of moving.

Alice: Do you ever find that running your Gym interferes in any way with being a father?

Norman: Not really, my wife does a lot of the housekeeping around the house, while I make a good living wage as a Gym Leader.

Joseph: Speaking of your Gym, what is the symbolism behind those scrolls in your Gym?

Norman: They’re ancient Hoenn kanji for “balance”. It’s supposed to fit into my Gym’s theme of being like a dojo, but instead of Fighting-type Pokemon I use Normal-types for the reasons I mentioned already.

Joseph: Did your Gym draw any inspiration from the Trick House as well?

Norman: In a way, but it’s fairly standard architecture for temples and dojos and the like in Johto & Hoenn.

Alice: Do you have any other children besides Brendan?

Norman: Nope. Brendan’s an only child.

Joseph: What a coincidence – so am I! And by the way, I also own a Slaking and have found it to be a sleeper hit for my own team, which leads me to asking you my next question: Did you have any motive behind wanting one, other than to fit your Normal-type motif?

Norman: I caught Slakoth during a visit to Hoenn, and I was able to understand early on that contrary to popular belief, it’s actually saving up energy for its powerful attacks when it is loafing around. So I decided to build part of my team strategy around that.

Joseph: Well, it also breaks out of that phase temporarily as a Vigoroth…

Norman: You’re right. I think the energy it stores as a Slakoth is partly responsible for its temporary shift in temperament.

Joseph: Well anyway, that’s all the questions I have. Alice, did you want to ask one more question?

Alice: …No, I don’t have anything. I’m sorry, I should probably read up some more on our interviewees so I can think of a few more questions to ask next time.

Joseph: Don’t feel bad. I’m already proud of you! Well, Norman, it was nice speaking with you.

Norman: It was a pleasure.

Chapter 7 - Joseph & Alice interview Wally!

Joseph: Hello everybody! This episode, we’re interviewing Wally, who conveniently also lives in Petalburg City.

Alice: Welcome to our podcast, Wally!

Wally: Uh, hi?

Joseph: Don’t worry, we don’t bite. Okay, so Alice’s Mawile bites, but none of the rest of our Pokemon do. At least I don’t think the rest of yours do, Alice.

Alice: Quit it!

Joseph: Anyhow, I remember the reason your parents didn’t want you going off on your own journey as a Pokemon Trainer was because they didn’t think you could stand up for yourself, which I’m glad you proved them wrong, by the way, just saying.

Wally: Yeah, I may be quiet, but I’ve become quite well known around Hoenn! But actually, the real reason was that they were concerned about my asthma causing problems.

Joseph: Are you feeling better these days?

Wally: Yes, I’m already starting to outgrow it. And the air in Petalburg is much cleaner, so it hasn’t been much of an issue. We moved from Mauville, so I think that helped.

Alice: I didn’t know Hoenn was that polluted…

Wally: It’s not really, but Mauville’s been having some issues with smog due to how fast the population has grown and all the new urban sprawl that has come with this.

Alice: So I’ve heard you can use Mega Evolution too.

Wally: That’s right! I remember the day I caught Ralts like it was yesterday, and I just so happened to find out that it was a male. So then Steven, who voiced his support for my journey, sent me a Dawn Stone and a Galladite for him.

Joseph: You have to hand it to Steven, he really knows his stuff when it comes to stones.

Wally: Absolutely, although I don’t know him as well as I know Brendan, personally. He spends so much time either looking for rare stones or training.

Joseph: And by the way, I have a Gallade that can Mega Evolve, too.

Wally: Really?!

Joseph: Yes, in fact, the parallels in our journeys was the biggest reason why I wanted to interview you specifically on our little jaunt to Hoenn for purposes of this podcast.

(Joseph sends Gallade out to show he’s not lying)

Wally: That’s…that’s amazing! Oh Joseph, you have GOT to battle me after this interview is over! I want to find out which of us has the stronger Gallade!

Joseph: Sure thing! I accept your challenge! Let's have a 1-on-1 battle, my Gallade vs yours, right after the interview! But for now, let’s focus on the interview.

(Joseph recalls Gallade)

Alice: I heard you actually ran away from home because of how badly you wanted to become a Pokemon Trainer and challenge the Gyms. Was that a difficult decision for you? I know I would've felt apprehensive about doing something like that, myself.

Wally: My family are wonderful people, and I understood why they were so concerned for my safety. And I cried a little when I snuck out of the house. But in the end, I was so desperate to prove that I was old enough to handle myself and that Ralts would have my back wherever I went, that in the end I kind of impulsively left.

Alice: So could you tell that it really wanted you to challenge the Gyms and the Hoenn League?

Wally: Yes, and that’s what I love about Gallade! They’re well known for taking on the role of a bodyguard and standing up for people like me who sometimes have trouble standing up for themselves.

Joseph: So eventually you got all 8 badges, and battled Brendan on Victory Road. Was that a difficult loss for you to stomach?

Wally: Very much so, at first. But I understood that a battle is a battle, and I felt happy that he didn’t hold back out of pity for me. Brendan was such an inspiration to me, and I figured that even if it was long odds that I would actually win against him, I just had to get to know his team better through a battle.

Alice: Is Brendan more passionate about his battle strategy as well, compared to you?

Wally: Yes, I think he’s the yang to my yin in a lot of different ways.

Alice: Do you plan on someday trying to challenge the Elite Four and take the Champion’s seat from Brendan?

Wally: I’ve tried to a couple times, but I never succeeded. But one of these days I will make it, I swear!

Joseph: Well, this has been quite an insightful interview, and so Wally, thanks for taking the time to come on here.

Wally: You’re very welcome! And now, let’s have our battle!

(True to his word, Joseph switches off the camera at this point, so sadly, we’ll never know whose Mega Gallade ultimately came out on top in the 1-on-1 battle)

Last edited:
Chapter 8 - Meanwhile in Kanto...a second season!?

(Back at Joseph’s house in Kanto, Paxton is sitting in his room, wondering where Joseph is now)

Paxton: Oh Joseph, with your crazy explanations, Paxton’s gonna need his medications!

(Suddenly, his phone goes off. He answers it)

Paxton: Hello, this is Paxton...

Manager: Hello Paxton, I hope you’re doing well. I was just calling to let you know that the Kanto network has changed their minds for now, and they are deciding to allow your show to be renewed for a second season consisting of five interviews, should you choose to accept this offer.

Paxton: Really?! That’s great! But, a couple things I wanted to say first if I may.

Manager: Sure.

Paxton: First off, why the sudden change in heart? I thought the decision not to renew was based on disillusionment with the fact our interviews would often end in chaos?

Manager: Several people from the Galar region have expressed an interest in wanting to come on your show to share insights about the Galar League after the region became more well-known overseas due to the incident involving Eternatus.

Paxton: Well what do you know, I was just watching the battles this year! So who are these Galarites that have expressed an interest in making an appearance on my former interview show?

Manager: Melony, Nessa, and Raihan. And also, Rosa from the Unova region. So those would be a few of your interviewees, along with possibly some more, if they decide to contact me. I couldn't fully say at this time, really.

Paxton: Okay. Well, that’s no big deal then. But the other thing I think you should know is this: My son Joseph is off in Hoenn right now doing his own little podcast with his new girlfriend. I respect his wishes, but I also know he wanted to travel to Galar to meet some of those same Gym Leaders you mentioned. Joseph will likely be back home in a couple more weeks, so...is there any chance we could wait until then before I make my decision?

Manager: Unfortunately, no. The schedules of the Galar Gym Leaders are very busy and this just happens to be a good time for all of them to book a flight to Kanto. If you don’t interview them this next week, they may have to either find some other show to appear on, or cancel the idea altogether.

Paxton: Oh, very well. In that case, I would ask that the show be renamed to “The Paxton Show” for this new season and that I be the only host, instead of myself and Joseph. Would that be acceptable to you guys?

Manager: Sure, that’s no big deal. I’ll just make the changes before setting up the interviews.

Paxton: Well thank you for everything, and I look forward to re-opening the studio for another half-season!

Manager: I’ll get to work on arranging everything, then. Thank you!

Paxton: Thank you too!

(Paxton hangs up)

Paxton: Okay…well, all of those people except for Rosa were on Joseph’s list. Kalos is next on his trip, and I’ve already started talking with some of his picks from that region, but I never would’ve guessed that Galar would end up beating me to the punch! So, I guess I’ll just have to figure something out when the time comes…

Last edited:
Chapter 9: Joseph & Alice interview Roxanne!

At the Rustboro Pokemon School, before the interview…

Roxanne: Today is movie day! As a reward for all of your hard work, I will let all of you watch any films you may have brought to class today, as long as they are rated G or PG. We’ll start with Ted. Ted, what movie did you bring?

Schoolkid Ted: I brought Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Roxanne: Haley, what movie did you bring?

Lass Haley: I brought Frozen.

Roxanne: Julie, what about you?

Ace Trainer Julie: I brought The Simpsons Movie.

Roxanne: Really, Julie? That movie is rated PG-13. You have been warned. Please don’t bring it again, okay?

Ace Trainer Julie: Okay. I won’t bring it again.

Roxanne: Next up is Destinee. What movie did you bring?

Delinquent Destinee: I brought Van Wilder.

Roxanne: Destinee! That movie is rated R! That’s it! Go to the principal’s office right now for your detention!

Delinquent Destinee: Ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohno…

Roxanne: And last, but not least, we have Filbert. What movie did you bring?

Rich Boy Filbert: I brought Blue is the Warmest Color.

Roxanne: OHHHHHHHH! Filbert! What the flying heck is wrong with you?! That movie is rated NC-17, and that movie is inappropriate! That’s it! I’ve had enough of you! Principal’s office, right now!

Rich boy Filbert: WAAAAAHHHHH!

Later that day…

Joseph: Welcome to the Joseph & Alice Podcast, today we’re interviewing Roxanne, the Rustboro Gym Leader!

Roxanne: Hi!

Alice: We’re here at the Pokemon School, and she has agreed to do this interview during her usual afternoon recess break.

Roxanne: Actually, it’s movie day today and they're watching movies, so I doubt they’ll even notice I’m not here.

Joseph: So let’s get the ball rolling. Can you start off by telling us about how you came to be a Rock-type specialist?

Roxanne: I’ve always liked rocks, and especially fossils. And while I was a student at this Pokemon School, I learned about the defensive capabilities of Rock-type Pokemon. After I graduated as the top student of my class, I applied to become a Gym Leader so that I could use the strategies I learned in battle and show them to challengers!

Joseph: Rock-type Pokemon do have high Defense, but they're also weak to a surprising number of types.

Roxanne: That is true. But a good Gym Leader will always try to have their bases covered.

Alice: So, you used to be a student at this Pokemon School, and you got straight As. And then you became a Gym Leader, but this was your first year actually teaching. How was that?

Roxanne: It went well for the most part, but I did have a couple of ill-behaved students in my class. Destinee, for instance, actually tried to bring in Van Wilder to movie day today, even though it is rated R.

Alice: What?! The nerve of that girl!

Roxanne: And Filbert tried to bring in some NC-17 rated movie I forgot already.

Joseph: Man, why do those trouble makers bring in those movies? Ah well. Next question. You mentioned liking rocks and fossils. So is there any truth to the rumor that you’re a friend of Steven Stone’s and go on rock hunting trips with him?

Roxanne: Yes, indeed he is a great friend of mine! Because we share that same unique interest, it’s only natural that we have discussions about it and accompany each other on our trips!

Alice: But you don’t have any fossil Pokemon on your team?

Roxanne: Not at the moment, no. I’d rather just hold onto my Claw & Root Fossils than try to revive one into a Lileep or Anorith.

Joseph: I've never tried to raise either of those Pokemon, so I wouldn’t know, but the two fossil Pokemon which were first discovered in Sinnoh are actually quite powerful.

Roxanne: You mean Cranidos & Shieldon?

Joseph: Yes, they have very high offense & defense. You sure know your stuff when it comes to fossils, indeed!

Alice: So how does your strategy in battle reflect your upbringing as a student and your specializing in Rock-types?

Roxanne: I’m very much a tactician who likes to apply her knowledge in battle. I would say this fits with my type quite well, and it sets me apart from say, Flannery, who is a fiery redhead specializing in Fire-types.

Joseph: Yeah, that hotheaded Fire-type specialist is an overused cliché alright. Have you ever been to Sinnoh by the way? I’m sure you’d definitely have a blast in the Underground, where you can dig for all kinds of things!

Roxanne: Steven has been. I’ve heard a lot about it and would love to visit someday, but I don’t know when. It’d have to be during the summer, as I’ve grown too used to the sub-tropical climate of Hoenn to go in the winter, and in any case I can’t easily abandon my Gym or job as a teacher.

Alice: Does Hoenn have a cultural rivalry with Sinnoh?

Roxanne: Sort of. They’re both rural islands that share a number of traditions, but have pretty different histories. So I guess you might say they have a friendly rivalry with one another.

Alice: Similar to Kalos & Galar?

Joseph: Not as big, I would imagine. I’ve never really gotten any hate from people from Hoenn myself.

Ace Trainer Benedict: (distant shouting) Sinnoh sucks!

Joseph: What was that?!

Alice: I think he said, “Sinnoh rocks!”

Joseph: Oh. Well, I’m glad to hear he approves of my home region!

Roxanne: I don’t know who that was, but it sounded like Benedict, an Ace Trainer in Mrs. Anderson’s class who has been in and out of trouble.

Joseph: Well, anywho. Thanks for your time, Roxanne. I think we’ll let you go now, since I’m sure you’re dying to get back to your movie with the kids!

Roxanne: I’ve already seen Frozen several times, so honestly, I’m not missing much. But thank you.

Chapter 10 - Paxton interviews Melony!

(Paxton is sitting in his usual seat at a table on stage, but this time Joseph’s chair is absent. The sign on the wall reads “THE PAXTON AND JOSEPH SHOW”)

Paxton: Welcome, one and all, to the first interview of The Paxton Show! I’m Paxton and my son Joseph is doing his own little podcast right now, so he can’t be here, which is why we had to do a little last-minute show rename for season 2. But at any rate, we’ve got some requests from a few people in the Galar region to come on here and do an interview, so the network took the liberty of allowing me to revive this show, more or less, for a second season for a few more episodes! How about that?

(The audience cheers and claps)

Paxton: Thank you. So for those of you who have never heard of Galar, it’s a region that’s been getting some attention lately due to an incident involving its legendary Pokemon. It’s known for the Dynamax phenomemon, which allows a Pokemon to grow to an enormous size if it’s near a Power Spot. The culture of the region revolves around this, and the Gyms there are these massive Stadiums that people flock to in order to view the intense battles between the Gym Leaders and the league challengers. So for this season, we will be interviewing a few people from the region, and depending on how that goes, possibly some other Trainers from other regions as well after that, we’ll just have to see. But at any rate, it feels good to be back in the studio again, and this evening, I’m interviewing Melony, who is the Ice-type Gym Leader of the Galar region. So please give a warm (no pun intended) welcome to Melony!

(Applause & cheering from the audience as Melony walks onto the stage, and sits down in the interviewee’s seat)

Paxton: Welcome to The Paxton Show, Melony! I’m glad to have you here for our first episode!

Melony: I’m honored to be here, myself.

Paxton: So to start things off here, could you tell us a little about how you came to be an Ice-type Gym Leader?

Melony: My parents were skilled mountain climbers in their days, and they would often encounter many Ice-type Pokemon in the region. My hometown Circhester also has quite a cold climate and many mountains surrounding it, and so I was able to easily capture many Ice-types myself. Then when I discovered that because Gym Leaders have to specialize in a certain type, I thought, why not apply to become one myself?

Paxton: Besides your own parents, was there anyone else you saw as a role model to live up to?

Melony: Wulfric. He’s my cousin who lives in Kalos and has also been an Ice-type Gym Leader for many years now.

Paxton: We had him on this show for the season finale of The Paxton & Joseph Show.

Melony: Really? I’m sorry I missed that.

Paxton: Oh well. Is there any special story behind that Gigantamax Lapras of yours?

Melony: Not really, I just happened to see it Gigantamax in a mountain lake one time while I was out snowshoeing back when I was, I guess around 30. So I joined forces with some other Hikers in the area to try to take it down, and then I got really lucky in capturing it!

Paxton: So how long have you been a Gym Leader for?

Melony: 18 years now.

Paxton: That’s quite a long time. And you’ve always been in the Circhester Stadium and not the minor division?

Melony: For most of my career, yes. However, I didn’t have a stellar performance this year in qualifying, and I nearly lost my Gym Leader seat to one of my most hated rivals of all time.

Paxton: And who would that be?

Melony: My son Gordie. He’s a Rock-type specialist. I remember watching him on the telly afterwards. (mocking Gordie's voice) "Oh my gosh, I HAD it! I could've been the new Gym Leader of Circhester, if I hadn't lost a battle I had no business losing!"

Gordie: (shouting from the audience) Hey mum, I can hear you!

Melony: Well, well, if it isn’t my good-for-nothing son. Come to humiliate your mother on Kanto TV, have you?

Gordie: Hey, I had the same record as you, but I missed the Major League on a bunch of stupid tiebreakers!

Melony: Are you proud of your fans? I’ll bet you are, you pretty little boy, sitting up there in your high chair demanding more applesauce. Well, you’ve already got enough applesauce, Gordie. There’s plenty of applesauce on your plate.

Paxton: Okay, okay! Enough, you two! Not everyone in the audience is familiar with Circhester’s rivalry. So next question: You’re well known for your no-nonsense attitude towards training, and harsh battle style. So what’s the true philosophy you have behind that approach?

Melony: I’ve always seen myself as being like the winter, and by extension, the Ice type in general. It is cold and unforgiving, but the snow is also what keeps the seeds of plants safe until they’re ready to bloom. In the same manner, I try my hardest to be a loving mother to my five children, with the exception of Gordie, but when it comes to battling, my harsher side lets itself show.

Paxton: Is Circhester Stadium one of the more popular stadiums as far as the level of crowds it routinely draws?

Melony: I don’t know the exact attendance figures and how they compare to other stadiums, but I know that over the years I have earned many fans who are devoted.

Paxton: And does this help you get over your resentment with your son for his decision to train Rock-types instead of aspiring to be your successor when you’re finally ready to retire?

Melony: Honestly, I think so. Sometimes some competitive spirit can be a good thing in a League like Galar’s. I see that now.

Paxton: And with that, let’s go to taking some questions from our audience! Seat 98!

Gordie: If anybody from Galar is watching this: I’ll win it all next year, I promise you!

Melony: (sigh) Paxton, would be so kind as to call in security?

Paxton: Sure. SECURITY!

(Some security guards make their way to Gordie’s seat and escort him off the premises)

Paxton: The Beauty in Seat 65.

Beauty Sheila: You know Paxton, you should tell the workers of this studio to invest in some more comfortable seats. It feels like I’m sitting on a Sandslash!

Paxton: Um, you ARE sitting on a Sandslash…

Beauty Sheila: Really? Oh.

(The Beauty gets up from her seat, and the Sandslash gets up, gives her an annoyed look, then runs off, where security is able to contain it and release it back into the wild)

Paxton: But anyway, we’re almost out of time, so can I please get at least one actual question from you guys before this interview ends?! Yes, seat 167!

Psychic Spencer: Paxton, what was the stupidest thing you ever-

Paxton: I MEAN A QUESTION FOR MELONY!

(all but one of the audience’s hands go down)

Paxton: (sigh) Seat 77.

Super Nerd Jovan: How much do you weigh?

Melony: Hmph! How indecent! You really think I’m going to tell you that?

Paxton: Maybe? But…that’s all we have time for tonight! So, thank you for coming on here, Melony.

Melony: Thank you too!

(Melony leaves)

Paxton: Join me for my next interview with Raihan, Gym Leader of Hammerlocke!

Last edited:
EDIT 2/11: I changed Alice's team and her battle with Joseph in Chapter 2 slightly, as I decided I wanted her to have a Delphox rather than a Sigilyph (seeing as how she is loosely based on Serena and all).

Chapter 11 - Joseph & Alice interview Wallace!

Joseph: We're here in Sootopolis City, which is housed inside a crater formed when a meteor impacted Sootopolis Island.

Alice: Luckily for us, Joseph's father Paxton was so kind as to speak with Wallace & make arrangements to allow us flying transportation to the island. My Lapras is an excellent swimmer and could carry us both, but it doesn't know the move Dive.

Wallace: That's one reason we've begun following Alola's example and using some of the many Pelliper in the Hoenn region as Ride Pokémon.

Joseph: Well anyway, thank you for being here today, Wallace!

Wallace: Thank you.

Joseph: So first thing I want to ask is: In addition to being the Sootopolis Gym Leader, which I'll talk to you about more later on in the interview, you're also a very well-known Coordinator in this region. Can you tell us more about how that came to be?

Wallace: Well, I'm not actually a Coordinator anymore. Lisia had such a natural talent for Contests that I stood no chance at all, and in the end, I decided to dedicate myself fully to being a Gym Leader.

Joseph: Oh. Well, I'm sorry to hear that...?

Wallace: But to answer your question...ever since I was a child, I always had a very deep interest in water, which I associate with not only the sea & the Water type, but also with beauty. I can't really explain it to other people, but it's been with me since I was a child.

Alice: You mean it's kind of like synesthesia, where some people can see colors when hearing sounds, but with Pokémon types?

Wallace: I guess you could say it's kind of like that...but at any rate, once I learned about Pokémon Contests, I knew that they would be the perfect kind of outlet for my kind of personal creativity involving water! Because in a Contest, what matters is not necessarily your own Pokémon's strength, but your ability as a Coordinator to unleash combinations of moves that will let your own beauty shine forth!

Joseph: And since Milotic is a Pokemon known for its beauty, did you catch it with Beauty contests in mind?

Wallace: Yes indeed! But Milotic is also a strong Pokémon. Do not be fooled by their peaceful disposition!

Alice: Don't you get nervous performing in front of such a large crowd like that?

Wallace: No, not at all. I just love being in the spotlight and being able to show off my Pokémon's beauty to fans across the region!

Alice: I have an appreciation for creativity & beauty too, and I enjoy art, just not so much in a "being in the spotlight" kind of sense. For example, I would never try to become a disc jockey.

Wallace: I see.

Joseph: Now after what you just told us, it goes without saying that your decision to become a Water-type Gym Leader also had to do with this interest in water you've always had, right?

Wallace: Yes! In the end, all I did was change my outlet for showing beauty from the Contest Hall to my Pokémon Gym!

Alice: Is there anything else you do to, as you put it, let your beauty shine?

Wallace: Why yes there is! I also put on water illusions shows choreographed to music using some water fountains that I have set up in the pool beneath Sootopolis City. You're welcome to watch today's show, if you like.

Joseph: Sure! We've got some time to kill before we head off to Kalos for our next batch of interviews.

Alice: Speaking of which, do you know Siebold of the Kalos Elite Four? Because you remind me of him in a number of ways.

Wallace: No, can't say I do.

Joseph: But one of your biggest friends is Steven Stone, who is pretty different to you because he enjoys battling more than Contests and has a more sciency outlook of Pokémon.

Wallace: That's right! We are very good friends with each other, and he's helped me to become more interested in Pokémon battles as well as geology. I can't say I really care much for his rambling about rare stones but, you know what they say, opposites attract, right?

Joseph: Well said, even if I'm not convinced that is always the case. So...since you're a Water-type Gym Leader, how'd you settle on the idea of making a puzzle based around ice for your Gym?

Wallace: Because ice is water in its solid form, even if it is a different Pokémon type.

Alice: Something else that Joseph told me about is that you're one of the ancient Sootopolitans. Does this mean you carry any sort of burden to your ancestors of the region?

Wallace: I'm not sure what you mean by that...?

Alice: I mean, are you expected to hold yourself to high standards by the rest of your ancestors, whether that be in Pokemon Contests, Gym Battles, or whatever else you may sight your sights on?

Wallace: Absolutely. They would expect nothing less.

Joseph: And lastly - is there any truth to the rumor that you might one day try to take the Champion title from Brendan?

Wallace: I've already tried at least once, but I've never been able to beat him. Then again, I guess I should expect nothing less from the boy who faced Rayquaza!

Joseph: Well that's a wrap. Wallace, thank you for sharing these various insights into you & your perception of beauty, and I guess we'll be sticking around for your water show!

Wallace: It's been a pleasure! The scheduled start time for the show is in about an hour, so I'll start making preparations.

Last edited:
Chapter 12 - Arrival in Kalos! A romantic day of sightseeing!!

(Joseph & Alice have landed in Lumiose City, and are on an airport train to Baggage Claim)

Alice: Ahh, it feels good to be back in my home region, Kalos! Since we’ve got an open day before our interview with Valerie, I decided to book a couple activities for us to do around Lumiose City!

Joseph: Sure thing! I’ve always wanted to visit Kalos myself. I feel like it doesn’t seem to get as much attention as some of the other regions.

(The doors try to close, but a straggler pushes his way onto the train at the last second)

PA System: Please keep clear of the doors. You are delaying the departure of this train.

Joseph: Hehehe…that’s the first time I’ve heard an airport announcement system actually get mad at you!

Alice: I think that announcement is a little tasteless myself, but everyone else seems to be amused by it...

(The train takes Joseph & Alice off to Baggage Claim, where they get their bags, and then the two of them stand out by curbside and flag down the first Lumiose Cab that they can find)

Alice: We’d like to go to Hotel Richissime, please!

Driver: Yes, madam!

(He starts driving off towards the hotel)

Alice: Lumiose City is a very large city, so these Cabs are the best way to get around.

Joseph: I’m so glad we were able to afford rooms at the Hotel Richissime. I guess being a good Trainer has its perks, alright.

(They arrive at the hotel, check in, drop their luggage off in their rooms, and then prepare to do some sightseeing)

Joseph: I’m getting hungry, is there a good place to eat nearby?

Alice: Oh, there’s so many good places to eat! Just you wait and see!

Joseph: Yeah, but can we have something a little more comfort food for now? Our interview with Valerie is at the Restaurant Le Yeah, and we’re already spending a lot of money on our hotel rooms…

Alice: There’s lots of Cafés that won’t put a dent in our wallets! I’ll take you to one of my favorites.

(They hop in another Cab, and this time go to Café Introversion)

Alice: Café Introversion is a favorite spot for people who are more into the introspective & creative sides of life. It’s always very quiet in here, and they serve some amazing sandwiches, coffee, and tea.

(The two of them enjoy their meal in peace & quiet. Alice starts writing some things down in a diary of sorts)

Joseph: What are you writing in your diary, Alice?

Alice: Oh! Just some ideas for a short story. Or maybe a PR Video. Or…something else entirely?

Joseph: Oh. Well whenever you’re finished with whatever it is you’re making, will you let me see it?

Alice: Of course, but that all depends on how long it takes me. You see, inspiration is not something that just hits you like a thunderbolt, it’s something that comes to you all the time, and you have to learn to reflect on the meanings of things as they happen, so that you know how you are going to channel your inspiration in the right way.

Joseph: Wow. I'll have to remember that.

(The two of them finish eating and start doing some window shopping at the various boutiques. A couple hours or so later…)

Joseph: You know, Alice, normally I’d be bored out of my mind right now, but there’s something about this region that just seems so…I dunno, unique? Beautiful? Or maybe refined, is the right word?

Alice: I would say Kalos culture is definitely all of those things. Not all outsiders seem to be able to appreciate our sense of the finer things in life, and I’m happy you are enjoying your first taste of Kalos.

Joseph: Oddly enough, I liked the Poke Ball Boutique. I think it would've been cool to catch each one of my Pokémon in a different style of Poke Ball, rather than just using Ultra Balls all the time as I did on my journey.

(Finally, late that evening, Alice takes Joseph to a performance by the Lumiose Symphony Orchestra)

Joseph: So is classical music popular here in Kalos?

Alice: Quite. Our symphony orchestra is one of the most renowned in the Pokemon World.

(The orchestra starts playing a piece from Mozart, and both Joseph & Alice are awestruck)

Joseph: Woah…so beautiful!

(The piece ends, and the audience claps in appreciation. Then the next song played is none other than...Ode to Joy, from Beethoven's Symphony No. 9)

Joseph: Hey, I remember our school band in Sinnoh playing this song! They weren't anywhere near as good as this orchestra is, though...

(The concert ends about an hour later, and Joseph & Alice are both tired out, but happy)

Joseph: Well, what a day. Thank you for showing me around, but I'm exhausted. I figure it’s time we got some rest for our interview tomorrow.

Alice: I agree.

Joseph: By the way, did you grow up in Lumiose?

Alice: No, Santalune City. But I’ve been to Lumiose many times as it’s relatively close, and so I know my way around well.

(The two finally make it back to Hotel Richissime, and they head to their rooms)

Joseph: Good night Alice, I’ll see you in the morning!

(Alice gives Joseph a wink as she walks off to her room)

Joseph: (thinking to himself) Man, how my life has turned upside down ever since I met this girl!

Last edited:
Chapter 13 - Paxton interviews Raihan!

Paxton: Welcome everyone, to the second episode of our Galar Special series! I’m Paxton, and joining me today is none other than Raihan, the strongest Gym Leader of the Galar region & Leon’s self-proclaimed Rival. So, let’s hear it for Raihan!

(Raihan comes in to plenty of cheering from the audience)

Raihan: Hang on a second, Paxton, I need to take a selfie here.

(Raihan snaps a selfie of him on stage for his interview before sitting down in the guest’s chair. Then he quickly takes one more selfie of him sitting in the chair for good measure)

Paxton: Wow, so you really have a devoted fan base that enjoys seeing all your various selfies, huh?

Raihan: Back in Galar, absolutely I do! Being a Gym Leader in the Galar region will get you that publicity! And speaking of which, Gloria & Leon, if you’re watching this somehow, I’m coming to defeat the pair of you soon enough! And then I will be the next Champion and-

Paxton: Okay, okay! We’ve already got advertisements on this show, thank you very much. Let’s get started with the interview here. Your main strategy in battle has always been to use weather control moves like Sandstorm, Rain Dance, and the like to your advantage, is that right?

Raihan: That’s right!

Paxton: So was there any motivation behind that?

Raihan: I knew from spending time in the Wild Area growing up as a boy that the weather could have a powerful impact on Pokemon and their moves, and I thought, "Why not use that to my advantage in battles?"

Paxton: That’s it?

Raihan: Alright, I’ll admit it: I also partly came up with the idea after hearing one too many “How’s the weather up there?” jokes from my friends.

Paxton: That’s right, you’re one of the tallest people I’ve ever seen! How tall are you, anyway?

Raihan: 6 foot, 8 inches.

Paxton: And people tell me I’M tall all the time, at 6’3”. So this strategy of building a team of Pokemon based around setting up weather combos, was that what got you so far the first few times you challenged the Galar League?

Raihan: Yes, it turned out to be very successful in the Champion’s Cup, but Leon would defeat me each & every time. And I believe that was where our rivalry really came into its own.

Paxton: So then tell me, how did you go from that to becoming Hammerlocke’s Gym Leader & a Dragon-type specialist?

Raihan: Ryuki was Hammerlocke’s original Gym Leader. He had a rivalry with Piers.

Paxton: Which makes sense, seeing as how they're both musicians...

Raihan: But their styles were somewhat different – hard rock vs punk rock. And so, they’d try to defeat each other in battles, they’d fight over public venues to book their concerts at, and so forth. But then one day, Ryuki left on a journey around the world to go spread his fame in the music business, and that left an open spot for the region’s Dragon-type Gym Leader.

Paxton: Because in Galar, there are 18 Gyms total, one for each type, right?

Raihan: Yes, and I performed so well in the Gym Challenge they wanted to offer the vacancy to me. Piers and his gang wanted to stay in Spikemuth.

Paxton: And so you kept the original idea of weather, but caught yourself a few Dragon-types to more or less change your original team into a Dragon-type Gym Leader team?

Raihan: That’s exactly right!

Paxton: So if the staff couldn’t find anyone, would the Hammerlocke Stadium have had to be renovated to fit the type specialty of whichever Gym Leader might’ve taken over?

Raihan: Perhaps, it just depends on who were to make the final cut for the Major League. But in any case it’d be more like Motostoke Stadium, with its old-fashioned stone architecture, but maybe some modifications to the pitch itself to better reflect the Gym Leader's type.

Paxton: Speaking of Hammerlocke Stadium, was the decision to build it around the Macro Cosmos energy plant controversial?

Raihan: Not at all. It’s one of the oldest stadiums in Galar, actually. The energy plant conversion didn’t happen until recently when Macro Cosmos was founded.

Paxton: Well, I’m all out of questions, so now I’ll take a couple more from the audience! Yes, seat 123!

Lass Lauren: Was the decision to use Double Battles for your Gym related to your weather control battling style?

Raihan: Yes, weather moves really shine in Double Battles, since you can have one Pokemon change the weather, and the second can take advantage of your setup!

Paxton: Seat 10.

Postman Tad: I’ve got a letter for you from one of your fans.

Raihan: I’ll take it.

(He walks down & gives the letter to Raihan, who immediately opens it. His eyes burn with passion as he reads the letter.)

Raihan: Gah! That Leon, ever the troll. But I’ll defeat him next time, you mark my words!

Paxton: And that’s all we have time for tonight. Thank you so much for taking the time to come over here and appear on my show, Raihan!

Raihan: No problem!

(Raihan takes his leave)

Paxton: And now, just to get all of you more excited, the computer will display the name of the next interviewee in our Galar series on that screen behind me right…now!

(The screen displays the words “Fadatta fdack”)

Paxton: Wait, who or what is “Fadatta fdack”?

(A man in a lab coat comes in)

Scientists: Oh, I’m very sorry. That computer got accidentally connected to our laboratory’s servers for a few seconds just now. We’re in the middle of an experiment to see whether a group of 100 Pokemon are able to type out the entire script of Titus Andronicus on our computers.

Paxton: I must question the ethics of the scientific community sometimes. Oh well, let’s re-check the input server on the computer and try again!

(The screen now displays the words “Chairman Rose forever!”)

Paxton: Wait a minute, I thought he turned himself in to the police!

(Raihan walks back in)

Raihan: Oh hey, Paxton? That computer was made by Macro Cosmos.

Paxton: I see. Well, I know who the next couple of interviewees on the list are, but I can’t say who’ll be next to appear on this show until I get some kind of confirmation. So sorry about that, and - hey, where are you all going?!

(The audience is walking out, grumbling in frustration)

Paxton: Ugh, I wish our interviews wouldn’t always end in chaos. For anyone who’s still watching this, tune in text time when I interview…somebody from Galar! In the meantime, stay safe from the coronavirus!

Cameraman: Uh, Paxton, that’s Earth, not the Pokemon World.

Paxton: Oh. Right.

Cameraman: Duh. Why do you think we’re able to continue filming this show with a live audience?

Last edited:
Chapter 14 - Joseph & Alice interview Valerie!

Robot Voice A: Gotta do it-

Robot Voice B: Now…

Robot Voice A: Don’t wait and-

Robot Voice B: Live it…

Robot Voice A: Today.

Robot Voice B: The Prime Time of your life!

Robot Voice A: Gotta do it-

Robot Voice B: Now…

Robot Voice A: Don’t wait and-

Robot Voice B: Live it…

Robot Voice A: Today.

Robot Voice B: The Prime Time of your life!

Joseph: Welcome to The Joseph & Alice Podcast. I’m Joseph, and that song you heard just now was a small sample of “The Prime Time of your life” by Daft Punk. I decided to mix things up a bit and put it on there as kind of a subliminal message to all of our viewers.

Alice: I’m Alice, and we’re here at Restaurant Le Yeah in Lumiose City! We’ve just placed our orders, and we’ll be doing our interview to fill in the waiting time between each course.

Joseph: But enough intros, we’re here with Valerie, the Fairy-type Gym Leader!

Valerie: My humblest thanks for inviting me onto your little interview show.

Joseph: So anyway, Valerie, you wanted to have our interview at this restaurant, rather than in your hometown of Laverre City. Is there any particular reason why you like it so much? Nostalgia? The quality of the food? Something else?

Valerie: I got to know this place very well back when it used to host Battle Meals, where you battle with the restaurant staff in between your courses. In addition to finding my palette positively overwhelmed by the sublime dishes served here, I got to enjoy the euphoria of feeling like I was one with my Pokemon.

Joseph: So how come they don’t do those Battle Meals anymore?

Valerie: There were one too many complaints from the staff about the cost of repairing the damages to the restaurant caused by the attacks of the Pokemon.

Joseph: Ah, I can see that, hehehe…

Alice: Can you tell us more about that feeling you have of being “one with your Pokemon” you mentioned? It’s what inspires your fashion designs, right?

Valerie: I’m afraid that’s another oddity that I just can’t explain, the way I am able to connect with Pokemon on such a deep emotional level. I don’t know if it’s some form of synethesia involving the emotions of Pokemon, but…somehow, I’ve always wanted to be a Pokemon.

Joseph: Who knows? Maybe you will become a Pokemon some day. After all, I’ve heard it’s happened to four different humans who went on to become heroes in some faraway continent inhabited only by Pokemon.

Alice: You mean the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games?

Joseph: Yes, those games! We have a remake of the original out now, for those who are interested.

Alice: I've never actually played those games, so I wouldn't know. But that desire of yours to be a Pokémon is what inspires your fashion designs, right Valerie?

Valerie: Yes, this fairy suit that I like to wear symbolizes my love for Fairy-type Pokemon, and when I am wearing it I feel like I am a fairy with wings. But there are other designs I make as well that follow a similar pattern of connection with Pokemon and their types. To give you a couple examples, I have a line of swimsuits with a turquoise water pattern on them meant to give the wearer a feeling of being a Water-type Pokemon swimming in the sea. And another line of clothes I just finished is based on-

(Valerie gets cut off as the group sitting at the table next to Joseph, Alice, and Valerie starts laughing very loudly at some stupid joke)

Valerie: (continuing) Another line of clothes I just finished is based on the Fire type and is supposed to inspire intensity in those who wear them, like the blazing flame of a Fire Blast attack.

Joseph: Very interesting.

Alice: Do they look similar to a Delphox’s fur robe?

Valerie: They were loosely based on Fennekin and its evolutions, yes.

Alice: I’ll have to see what they look like sometime, since I have a Delphox myself.

Waitress Talia: Sorry to interrupt you, monsieur, madame, and Miss Valerie, but here are your appetizer courses.

Joseph: Ah, let me pause the camera for a bit while we enjoy our appetizers!

(Cut to a few minutes later, when the group has finished the appetizer course. Someone at the table next to them can be heard saying, “Ohhh gosh!” and it’s clear that Joseph waited for them to quiet down again before pressing Play on the camera.)

Joseph: Okay, we’re rolling again. So, my next question for Valerie is: Is it true that you moved to Kalos from the Johto region?

Valerie: Indeed I did. And I brought with me my own unique touch to Kalos culture.

Joseph: What part of Johto?

Valerie: Ecruteak City.

Joseph: Ah, the heart of the true Johto culture and home of the Kimono Girls.

Valerie: As a side point of interest, I am good friends with the Kimono Girls. Sometimes when I travel home, I let Sylveon play with the other evolutions of Eevee that they own.

Alice: About your Gym’s dollhouse & the Furisode Girls in each room-

(The table next to them bursts into loud laughter again)

Alice: (finally snapping) I’m sorry, but could you guys please be quiet?!

Beauty Aimee: Yes, master.

Alice: Thank you. As I was saying-

Garcon Georges: Good evening, Valerie, Joseph, Alice. I do hope you are enjoying your meal. Allow me to present to you the poisson course.

(Camera cuts to after they’ve finished the course)

Joseph: Wow, that has to be some of the best fish I’ve ever tasted! Kalosians sure do know how to put all their artistry into whatever they do!

(Alice smiles)

Joseph: But gee, I just remembered: I haven’t even gotten around to asking Valerie what it was that inspired her to train Fairy-type Pokemon!

Valerie: I didn’t have a clear picture in my mind of specializing in any one type of Pokemon, or even that I would one day become a Gym Leader, until my Eevee evolved into Sylveon. I didn’t know how it did so at the time, but I was living in Kalos, and it wasn’t until then that I even realized that the way I connected with my Pokemon was so special. And because of that, I had an epiphany that I wanted to seek out more Pokemon of this Fairy type and learn to understand the hearts of Fairy-type Pokemon myself.

Alice: Was it easy to become a Gym Leader, given that you moved from Johto?

Valerie: Yes, the natives of Laverre were very welcoming to my Furisode Girls and I.

Joseph: Well anyway, I guess we should end the interview and just enjoy some casual small talk over the remaining two courses of our dinner without the stress of a camera recording our every move. So Valerie, I want to thank you so much for accepting my father’s offer to come onto to our interview show, as well as paying for our delicious meal here at Restaurant Le Yeah!

Valerie: Not a problem at all. In a way I actually prefer this kind of intimate environment to making a grand appearance on a television talk show. And paying for this meal was the least I could do to thank the two of you as well.

(But then suddenly, the camera cuts to Valerie, Alice, and Joseph enjoying dessert.)

Valerie: Sylveon, would you like to try some of my apple tart?

Sylveon: Syl!

(Sylveon happily eats a bite of Valerie’s apple pie)

Sylveon: Sylveon sylveon!

Valerie: Sylveon says that it has an amazing texture and she loves the taste.

Joseph: You can understand Pokemon speech?!

Valerie: Why yes I can. That was partly what I was trying to allude to with my synesthesia analogy earlier during the interview. I just didn’t want to say it outright on camera.

Alice: Well, in that case, can I ask Sylveon a question?

Valerie: Go on.

Alice: What’s your favorite piece of clothing designed by Valerie? Other than her fairy suit?

Sylveon: Syl-syl-sylveon. Sylveon syl syl! Sylveon!

Valerie: (translating) “It’s difficult for me to pick. But if I had to choose, the pink & purple version of the Love Suit! Because I love how romantic it looks!”

Alice: Gosh, that’s amazing!

(Valerie just stares off into the distance for awhile, not saying anything)

Valerie: My apologies. I was so captivated by the beauty of our dessert course that for a minute there, I lost myself.

Joseph: (whispering into the microphone) I got it. That whole scene is on camera!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom