• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: The Kalos Connection (X/Y Spoilers ahoy!)

Finally caught up for my return review. A very nice start so far. I've never played the new games so this was actually kind of exciting to get at least a bit of an idea of the storyline. I loved that you called snoring sawing logs, which I do too, and my friends think I'm weird.

Also, wasn't expecting Zelda and Link to appear! Awesome!

I might add in a bit more description as far as beyond the physical description of what the characters are doing action-wise. Give us a little more time with their thoughts. Very good overall though.

Thank you--This is basically my romanticized playthrough through Y, with some differences (the dance party replaced the first double battle, Mega Evolution was changed, and the trip to the theater was new for the story)

I hope to resume this and introduce Team Flare this week

I really like this fic! All in all, it's highly enjoyable. But no one ever reads mine... (commence me sobbing in the corner and eating chocolate ice cream out of the container)

how you took your own unique spin on X and Y, and changed the story a little bit. The Pokemon talk, the Zelda crossovers, the character Development,the nightly stories, and Erin. Also, you chose Fennekin? I want him to (I don't have a 3DS yet :( )

Episode 20: Test Subjects (part 1)

[Wow...] Lita gasped as we finished climbing down the cliffs and into Ambrette Town. She had probably noticed that we had gone down some cliffs, onto, well, another cliff.

"Amazing view!" Trevor agreed.

"As you may have noticed, we're standing on a huge cliff, out of which the first settlers built this town." Amber explained. "So watch your step as you explore--it's a long way down into the water."

Tierno looked down at the waves lapping at the cliff we stood on. "P-point duly taken." he stammered, terrified at the thought of falling hundreds of feet into the water below.

[Have ye ever had te rescue someone tat fell in te water?] Erin asked.

Amber gave Erin a pat on the head. "As a matter of fact, yes--all rangers have scuba certification." She pointed out a large dome-like structure in the distance. "The aquarium allows would be divers to go into the reef tanks for their first real dives--although holding signs is not allowed.

"Cool!" Shauna gasped, impressed.

Callum then spotted a wedge-shaped complex by the Pokemon Center. "Does the lab study more than just fossils?"

"Yes--although fossils are their chief research." Amber replied before starting off towards the Pokemon Center. "When you're ready to go into Glittering Cave, come find me in the Pokemon Center and I'll secure some Rhyhorns for you."

"Okay!" Shauna replied. "Thank you!" she called as she waved goodbye.

The idea of riding Rhyhorns intrigued me. "We have to ride Rhyhorns to GET to Glittering Cave?" the only tamed Rhyhorns I knew about where the kind usually bred for racing--and these "moon Rhyhorns" (so named because they were traditionally bred on Kanto's Mt.Moon and then shipped to Kalos before some breeding farms popped up in Kalos) had been clocked at almost 120 miles an hour.

Callum showed me a page of a pack Rhyhorn in his guidebook. "Oh no, the Rhyhorns here are specifically bred for traveling in places where a human can't go--such as the rocky trail leading to Glittering Cave."

"That makes sense--have you seen how fast racing Rhyhorns go?" Trevor asked me.

"Mom used to race before I came along, actually--remember the time she showed us all her medals and trophies?" I smiled.

"I'm amazed she actually won the Kalos Cup." Tierno mused. "That's one of the hardest challenges for a Rhyhorn rider to win."

Callum changed the subject when he spotted a large wedge-like complex nearby the Pokemon Center. "That must be the lab--let's go see if any of the researchers know anything about the Mega Rings and their songs."

---------

"...so our question is, can you tell us anything about the Mega Rings and the songs they hold?" Shauna asked a researcher.

The researcher hung her head. "Sadly, we know no more than you guys do...but we have found remains of Mega Rings inside Glittering Cave."

"REALLY???" Tierno was so excited at this, that he almost knocked over an array of beakers and test tubes on a table.

"However, we can't seem to go too far into the cave to retrieve any of these--the last researcher that went into the cave hasn't come back yet." another researcher replied as he set a sapphire with a Greek letter inside on a shelf filled with all manner of crystals and gems. "The last dispatch we got from him said that he was holed up in an alcove watching these odd people in bright red suits run roughshod over the cave."

I swallowed hard. "Did they belong to some sort of organization?"

"I think they called themselves 'Team Flare' or something like that." a third researcher replied. "They arrived in town two weeks ago and nearly tore the lab apart searching for anything they could use for whatever nefarious plot they may be planning. When they didn't find anything here, they gave up and went on to the cave."

I noticed Erin's fear aura form. [Ye tink these Team Flare guys are connected te tat Lysandre fellow?]

I'm not sure, but we can't rule anything out just yet. Zelda cautioned. That said, be mindful about jumping to conclusions.

"We'll have to see these Team Flare goons for ourselves." Callum assured Erin. "Rest assured that whatever they are plotting, we'll stop them!"

"Just like the superheroes on TV!" Shauna smiled, giddy at the prospect of having to save the world.

I can see the TV show now... Zelda grinned. Miracle Pokeranger V!</i>

We balked when she broadcast her idea of her imagined TV show's opening into the room--Tierno was an earth based disco dancer-type hero, Trevor was a wind based nature lover, Shauna was the token cute chick with some power like heart or something like that, Callum was the technogeek water user, and I was the fire based leader.

Shauna took one look at Zelda's dream of us in ranger suits with capes and laughed. "You really think I'd be the pink ranger?" she giggled.

"I wanted to be the blue ranger..." Trevor sighed.

Even the researchers were laughing at Zelda's daydream. "You have quite the imaginative Ralts, miss." one chuckled as Zelda's daydream disappeared.

I just patted Zelda on the head. "I don't know if we could be rangers like the ones on TV, but you don't need superpowers to be a hero..."

[Yeah! Think about Officer Jenny and the fire department!] Rouge suggested. [They do heroic things every day, and you don't see them in ranger suits and capes...]

Zelda smiled. You're right, Rouge...sometimes the greatest heroes are right under our noses

"What else do you guys study besides fossils and rocks?" Trevor asked.

"Well, we study human endurance, for one thing." a researcher replied. "In fact, we have a series of experiments called the Human Endurance Assessment Trial--or the HEAT, for short, that measures how the human body measures up to and performs in different conditions."

She then noticed me and Callum. "Would you two like to take the HEAT?"

"Yeah!" I replied.

"Yes!" Callum replied.

After reading over and signing the informed consent form (we would both receive a 10,000 credit Pokemart gift card as thanks for completing the battery of tests), we were led into the debriefing room before the first test. "Okay...this first test measures how the human body reacts to high speed. You will each be enclosed inside a motion simulator, which you will navigate through as many obstacles as possible, with the simulation going faster the longer it moves. When you 'crash', we'll get data on how fast you were going when you crashed, and biometric information about how your body handled that speed.

I was then dressed in a red safety suit (Callum got a blue one), then led into a room with two red simulators that resembled stealth planes. "The respirator inside the helmets also serves as panic shutdown, so if the system detects signs of nausea or hyperventilation, the simulation will stop, okay?"

"Got it!" Callum replied as he ran to the left simulator.

I climbed in the simulator on the right, where an assistant strapped me in. "Good luck." he smiled as he pressed the button to close the simulator, making a matching red helmet drop over my head and a simulation of a hyperspace tunnel blip on the simulation screens.

Begin Test...100 miles per hour. a robotic voice announced as the simulator started to move. Granted, we weren't really going 100 miles an hour, so the rotating rings and squares were easy to go through. 200 and 300 weren't too hard either, but not long after I passed 400, I tripped the panic shutdown.

Callum had stopped before me for roughly the same reason--nausea. While I managed to calm my queasy stomach with a ginger ale, Callum had to throw up. He told the researchers he was okay, and wanted to continue, so on our way we went to the next debriefing room...

To Be Continued...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom