• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

Re: So, what's the region gonna be based off of?

Does this mean that it could actually have a relation to Unova?

Well, we do see a knight statue with a Golurk and Palpitoad.
golurkpalpitoad_zpsafde2bd2.jpg

Also, the building left to that statue reminds me of Notre Dame.

This could actually be the region N left to as well as the original BW protagonist, but I won't get too ahead of myself yet.

This could actually be the region N left to as well as the original BW protagonist, but I won't get too ahead of myself yet.

Well, y'know... X and Y, and then Z.

If you turn the Z on its side...

Well, it's been confirmed Europe so a European based Pokemon game is definitely exciting!

Froakie better watch out. I hear its legs are a delicacy over there.

Europe, eh? I hope we see a Venetian-style city. France is awesome but why not throw in a little Italy, Spain, and Britain?

Europe, eh? I hope we see a Venetian-style city. France is awesome but why not throw in a little Italy, Spain, and Britain?

I hope not. GF usually base main-series regions on a city plus nearby towns (Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Sapporo, NYC) so unless this region is some dozen times the size of Unova, it would be generalising Europe too much. For comparison, Île-de-France (the province around Paris) has a similar population to Ontario, Ohio and is more populated than NYC (11 million vs 8 million, by my reckoning). It would be a shame to write off the diversity of Île-de-France as inferior to that of the other cities I mentioned.

Venetian-"style"? Certainly - GF borrows liberally from architecture no matter what the region is, cf Santorini in Hoenn. But I can't see GF generalising this Gen VI region as simply "Europe", ignoring smaller countries like Belgium, Andorra and most of Eastern Europe for the "theme park version" of Europe.

Yeah but isn't basing it off of just the city a bit wrong? Only Johto/Unova do this, while Sinnoh,Hoenn, and Kanto are fairly accurate representations of the areas of Japan they're in. I mean :just Paris is pretty dull cause of how inland it is, but if they were to do something like Paris and west france they can pull off a decent looking region, with some south Britain for added effect. Hell come to think of it give us a smaller britain in game with northwest france and call it a day.
untitled2.JPG

I mean come on, give it some artistic flair, and its a pretty nifty region.

Only Johto/Unova do this, while Sinnoh,Hoenn, and Kanto are fairly accurate representations of the areas of Japan they're in.

How do Sinnoh, Hoenn and Kanto not do this? Kanto is Kanto, and is essentially Tokyo's sphere of influence. Same goes for the other regions/cities. What makes Johto and Unova not accurate representations of their bases?

just Paris is pretty dull cause of how inland it is

Irrelevant. Unless Sinnoh, Unova and Hoenn have deserts IRL. Heck, I thought I even saw a rocket in the trailer. Did you even read what I wrote? Paris has a similar population to NYC, if not more, similar in size geographically, and is also older. Dull? The opportunities are plentiful.

Well, y'know... X and Y, and then Z.

If you turn the Z on its side...

Confirmed: The mascot of Gen 6's third version is N

Legendary evolution of Tropius, maybe?
(and first legendary, that actually has a pre-evolution)

I think Europe would be awesome, perhaps you could cross the sea to reach an island based of the UK, have towns with Italian, German etc themes.

I highly doubt it will just be solely based on Paris/France... I definitely can see why people are saying Europe though, I'd have to say that too.
Although there's a bit in the Trailer where he's on some dry land and there are some sort of Dome buildings? Thank God for that though, because I hope they expand on different areas like that with different weather, the 3D effects could be amazing. I HOPE this generation and I presume we will finally have real overworld Pokémon on water that we can surf on in stead of a black thing...

newregiongenvi.png
This is my guess at the Region's look. I made it almost completely random. I just took France and part of central and southern Europe, and molded it so it it looked Pokémon-ish, and used Hoenn and Kanto maps from the III gen to get most of the colours. I'm sorry for including just a little part of England; it's just that as up to what we know the region is based on France, then France had to take most of the map.

Attachments

• newregion-GENVI.bmp
    119.9 KB · Views: 314

Was expecting Shanghai China or California. France is a nice surprise.

Europe yeah, I hope it's not just France, don't get me wrong, I like France, but it would be better to have variety.

England and france it should be based on both

I named all my Gen V Pokemon after locations in New York State. I'm going to have to come up with some French names for Gen VI.

It'll most likely be a French-like Japan, like how Unova mixed Japan and NY. Unova is associated with America as a whole though, so I assume this new region will beat pieces of different European areas.

Back
Top Bottom