• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

Re: So, what's the region gonna be based off of?

Considering the France-based region, I really hope for some sort of Cannes representation! Would be a sweet way to make a PokéStar Studios reference, and even have some characters cameo. :p

Hrm. I'm wondering now if GF is attempting to do a region corresponding to each real-life continent? South America, Australia, and Africa are the only inhabited continents without Pokemon regions now.

Hrm. I'm wondering now if GF is attempting to do a region corresponding to each real-life continent? South America, Australia, and Africa are the only inhabited continents without Pokemon regions now.

Well, not necessarily! :p

Definitely France. No doubt about it. Although it would be awesome to see them expand into the UK as another part of the region or post-game! I wouldn't be surprised if they did :D

Well, not necessarily! :p

Unless you're referencing side games which don't really count, then South America doesn't have any regions as all up to Unova were based in Japan.

As for the current region, my guess is Paris or France. I would think France as looking at maps, Paris has a river running through it but that's not much water as opposed to the way the metropolitan area of NY is. Also if they do France then hopefully we'll see Versailles. Even if they don't do the whole country, it would be a waste to not expand outside of Paris enough to include something as important to history as Versailles.

Unless you're referencing side games which don't really count, then South America doesn't have any regions as all up to Unova were based in Japan.

I was referring to the Guyana-based Faraway Island (which I linked) -- where Mew was first spotted by Mr. Fuji. Obviously, it isn't a full-fledged region, but you can call it a taste of South America. :p

A city based off each country like Spain, Italy, Germany etc would be quite nice.

So, if it's been shown that Paris is getting Pokemonized (I'm calling Paris as the hub city or big city like Castelia), then I'll be willing to be we'll get spain, germany, switzerland, england, and maybe even the Netherlands if they use the basic look of western Europe. It's such a workable shape.

I think it would be interesting if it encompassed all of Europe. I wonder if it will. That city looked very much like Paris, but the rest could draw from other countries and cities around Europe, something Id really like to see.

A city based off each country like Spain, Italy, Germany etc would be quite nice.

Europe's huge, it's bigger than Japan, and there's a ton of countries in Europe, and France in particular is also pretty large, and considering the shape of Europe is too familiar, it would likely only be a part of it.

What do you think is the name of Pokemon X and Y's region?

Discuss

Re: What do you think is the name of Pokemon X and Y's region?

I think something like the Frevo region maybe?

Pssh, obviously it's going to be Canada.

Europe? they should incorporate One Direction! I mean they were sponsors or whatever!!!! :D But seriously I hope they include some Italian landmarks too!

Location in the Pokemon World

Now it definitely looks like it's based on Paris but what I'm wondering is, where in the Pokemon world will this region be located? Do you think it's close to Unova, closer to Kanto (maybe some newly discovered island below Hoenn or something) or it is far from all previous regions?

I didn't know if I should start a new thread so sorry if I shouldn't have for this topic!

Re: Location in the Pokemon World

Probably on the other side of the world from Unova since its based off of Europe and Unova is based off of America.

I'm gonna say somewhere in between Kanto and Unova since most of the Pokémon we've seen so far in the trailer are from those regions.

Well it seems to have pre-gen5 pokemon in it so i would guess somewhere between unova and the rest of the regions.

Back
Top Bottom