• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Karaoke Game

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
I am shamelessly stealing this thread from Serebii. Because its five AM, its a fun thread, and I am bored.

So how does this work?
Basically, you post a section of song lyrics, and the next person posts a section of lyrics that contains the word that the last selection ended on. You may not use the same song as the last post, a cover of said song, or a song which the last post is a cover of, and your post may not end in the same word as the previous post. Different forms off the same word are permissible so long as the different form contains the previous word. I.e. a section of lyrics containing "seen" is considered a selection of lyrics containing "see" and thus permissible if that was the last word, but a section of lyrics containing "saw" and no other form of "see" is not.

Example of gamplay:
User1 said:
Are you the man you thought you'd be
By the time that you turned thirty-three?
Are you still a bullet in your daddy's gun?
Don't forget boy, you're your momma's only son
She's at home and she's been praying for ya
So what about Georgia?

(What About Georgia - Miranda Lambert)
Player2 said:
That's the night that lights went out in Georgia
That's the night that they hung an innocent man
(The Night the Lights Went Out In Georgia - Reba McEntire)

Well shit I posted that too early. I'll finish the example later but anyway here's the lyrics to start us off:

If you lose your one and only
There's always room here for the lonely
To watch you broken dreams
Dance in and out of the beams of
A neon moon
(Neon Moon - Brook & Dunn)

Oh baby baby it's all about the moon.
I wish you wouldn't have broke my camera.

(Regina Spektor - Small Town Moon)

And it's obvious that you're dying, dying
Just living proof that the camera's lying
And oh, oh open wide
'Cause this is your night, so smile
'Cause you'll go out in style
You'll go out in style

(Fences by Paramore)

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom