• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Land of Armeira (Massive Fantasy/Sandbox RP) (Sign-Ups ALWAYS Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Sharda Dragon
Race: Alimor
Class: Sorceror
Home: Harteil
Guilds:
History: Sharda lived in a very peaceful part of Harteil, but was still always finding ways to cause trouble and destruction. By the time Sharda was 8, she had already destroyed about half of all that ever went into her home, but even then, she still wasn’t happy with her way of life. When Sharda turned 16, she immediately began practicing sorcery, and nearly topped her teacher at it at one point. Sharda’s teacher had to go to his own master to find out what to teach Sharda after 2 years of training, when he decided it was fine for her to go on her own way. Sharda still resides in Harteil, but has grown out of destroying everything she sees, but now helps the town whenever there is a crisis.
RP Sample:
As Sharda was walking out of her door, she was blinded by the fact that the sun was already rising."Bummer, I was hoping to beat the crowd, whatever, I'll just deal with it." she said as she stepped out her doorway.

As Sharda was walking diwn the street, she was quite enjoying the scenery, wit hthe trees starting to blossom, and the flowers of all colors, from aqua to yellow, were already growing in the well kept grass. The people were starting to crowd even mmore in the streets, trying to get to their stalls to open for business.

On multiple occasions, sharda was pushed over by accident, hepled back up, and then left to herself. Her dress was of a beautiful green, like that of sea algea, and was made up of cow hide. Her eyes were as nice as the morning blue sky, and her hair was a light brown, and bound about three inches from the ends. Her prideful, yet shy personality shone brightly to all who came near her, which is why those who would help her stand back up would leave her alone. Sharda was at the age of birth os her family called it with her older sister, which ment that sharda was about 24 years old.

With more people crowding the streets, only a few were dressed ad nicely as Sharda, with the rest wearing either plain clothing, which was still pretty new though, or raggedy clothing that looked like it could be worn by their grandparents. You could tell immensly how high up someone was just by how they were clothed.
Later that day, Sharda was going to a affair that was happening with a group of single women like herself, wearing her dress, which looked as if it could of been made up of red rose petals, but was only cow hide yet again. That dress was only wore when sharda was going to a special occasion, and as she walked down the street, people would ask, "What's the occasion?" or "Hace a great time!"

Specialized Role: N/A

Last edited:
@buggabo99909
Hmm... Pending

Your posts in the Roleplay you listed for your sample are better than a lot of new RP'rs, but they seem to lack some of the fluidity and clarity I was looking for. That doesn't mean you haven't improved since then, however, so how about you post a new sample? This time, an example of what your first post in Armeira might look like.

Remember to:
  1. Describe the setting
  2. Introduce your character (including their appearance, personality, etc.)
  3. Embellish your post with great detail, but preferably in a more creative method than simple "lists" of adjectives.

Honestly master mew, that was the newest RP I was in that got into start-ups, but not much to work with since no one but those two that kept going back and forth with eachother were posting, I had nothing to play off of. Eitehr way, I will post a new thing up in a few minutes, takes a bit for me to get creating.

So glad you brought this back. Bringing back my old character, except he's not the head of the mage guild this time.

Name: Xavier Fireblade
Race: Alimor
Class: Battlemage - A battle mage is a mage that specializes in fire and ice spells but is also able to fight on the frontlines with a blade. In Xavier's case, he carries two short swords and he specializes in close-range elemental attacks.
Current Home: Arlok
Guild: Has ties to the Mages Guild and was trained there, but is no longer an official member.

History: Xavier grew up on the streets of Tuseid due to the fact that his parents were both low class laborers. Even as a young boy he knew he was good at two things: stealing from markets and using elemental spells. The stealing he believed was a necessary evil because he did it to provide food and money for his family. The spells he used to entertain himself and as a street trick in order to hustle people for money which he used on himself. At the age of 15, Xavier tried to hustle a high ranking member of the Mage's guild with his street magic tricks. But instead of lighting him on fire or getting him arrested, the older man took Xavier to the Mage's Guild Headquarters of Arlok where he trained under the most skilled Mages in the empire.

After six years of training, Xavier's training was complete and he left for close to ten years, travelling the empire and learning all he could about the magical arts. He also spent the time honing his physical combat skills, becoming deadly with his twin short swords. In this time, he also learned that he couldn't solve everything with violence which turned him into a far more mature and balanced man.

At the age of 31, Xavier is in his prime as a man and as a killer. It remains to be seen if he will use his skills for good or for his own personal gain.

Honestly master mew, that was the newest RP I was in that got into start-ups, but not much to work with since no one but those two that kept going back and forth with eachother were posting, I had nothing to play off of. Eitehr way, I will post a new thing up in a few minutes, takes a bit for me to get creating.
Completely understandable. :)

@Hide in Plain Sight
Accepted! You have one (1) Unapportioned Stat Point, feel free to PM me at your convenience to assign it.

Glad you joined up again! :-D

EDIT:
@buggabo99909
Accepted! That was much better. There were a few spelling errors, be sure to always proof-read your posts!

Welcome to Armeira! You have one (1) Unapportioned Stat Point, feel free to PM me at your convenience to assign it.

Last edited:
Name: Lake Bane
Race: Quikizan(quick-eh-zahn(custom))
The Quikizan are a nuturally fast race, which from appearance, they would look like any ordinary human, except for their elf like ears, and slightly lowered hight. They excel mostly with bows and daggers, and are very in tune with nature. Well trained people of this race can even befriend a wild animals, as long as the quikizans stats pass the animals in all places.

Quikizan are very balanced, with a slight understanding or healing magic, though they mostly use it olny in battle, to help them deal extra damage. While members of the quikizan race mostly reside in the mountains, some prefer the slightly warmer climate of the open plains. Almost all quikizan are vegetarians, though if lacking in fruits and vegetables, will hunt a small animal, in order to stay alive.

Quikizan don’t really much in the area on mana, though they are very stealthy indeed, they lack in basic dodging manouvers even, but when they want, they can just get out of the battle as fast as they got in.
Class: Priest/Ranger

Priests are nuturally attuned to healing magic.
Home: Yoraquet
Guilds: N/A
History: Lake is a young woman, who within her years of growing (under 17) Ran away from home, and found a different Quikizan settlement, and resided there for the rest of her growing years. When Lake turned to her wandering years as her tribe called it (20 years old), she got onto her horse, an started riding to a nearby village, where she trained slightly in healing magic, but mostly working with the local hunter. By the time Lake was ready to leave the village, she had already gotten enough money to buy a new house where she was going to live next.

When Lake arrived at Yoraquet, she found a nice little house on the edge of town, with a large field that she could grow a few vegetables on. Lake was never really into interacting with people, for shy was really shy, but still made an effort to go out atleast once every two days, and meet a new person, and make some conversation with them.
RP Sample: I already asked Master Mew if I needed to make another, He said no I didn’t, though if someone else would like me to, I will debate it.

@buggabo99909
Your custom race seems a little unbalanced to me. You've listed seven Stats they are proficient in: Speed, Marksman, Blade, Magic (Nature), Magic (Healing), Stealth, and Agility/Acrobatics.

In contrast, you've given them one weakness: Slightly lower Mana.

Balance them out more to prevent an unfair advantage please.

All the Best,
Master Mew

No, they are good at speed, marksman, blade, stealth
They are bad at agility/acrobatics, Mana
They are neutral with all the magics, though they do indeed rather speak with plants than others(are very in tune with nature) only have a slight understanding of healing magic, key word slight, though destruction magic you could put as something they are weak with, since they rather nature there than not. Blunt and Hand-to-Hand they don't use much either way, though you can make the blunt something they are weak with in order to make it finish being balanced out.

to make a list that is more simple, it can be:
Good: Speed, Stealth, Blade, Marksman
Bad: Agility/Acrobatics, Mana, Magic(destructive), and if it is needed, strength can be lowered.

Also, for refrence, a Doran accent sounds a lot like a scottish or irish accent. Just making that known.

Name:
Jay Whyther

Race:
Dekria, a race very similiar to the Ardeir in size, shape, personality, and intelligence. However, while the Ardeir specialize in stamina-related abilities, the Dekria sacrifice that for increased strength and ability with a blade or bow. Dekria have no magical abilities whatsoever, although once in a blue moon a 'healer' is born with no physical prowess but amazing skill in healing magic.

You will often see the Dekria and Ardeir living together in the same villages, due to their similarities.

Class:
Ranger

Home:
Tuseid, although he travels around Armeira constantly.

Guilds:
N/A

History:
Jay grew up as Cyros's best friend, having lived in the same village. They had very similar interests, and thus took a liking to each other from the time they met until their village was burned down. Cyros and Jay were forced to part ways when they departed into the wilderness, and whereas Cyros settled down in Tuseid Jay continuously roamed the land, searching for adventure and enough money to live a comfortable life.

After doing some... Less than desirable jobs, Jay finally had enough money to purchase land near Alimbar and started a farm. However, he soon grew bored of this lifestyle and resumed his roaming. He applied for multiple guilds, was denied for all of them, and returned to the wilderness to train his physical abilities.

Several years and a large chunk of muscle later, Jay departed the forests and decided he would go to Tuseid and see his old friend Cyros once more.

RP Sample:
Look at my other SU on the first page, please :3

Specialized Role:
N/A​

(Aw man, -Gray- took my character name XD; Ah well :3)

Last edited:
Hey, can you unreserve me Fighter's guild master? I'm gonna be a little busier than I thought I would. Also, here's another charrie.

Name: Eliot Nadel
Race: Baridae Alimor: These Alimor, as opposed to the mountains, come from the plains. They thus have a different culture: They are a nomadic people, travelling from place to place in caravans, trading goods between towns and living off the land. They originated from criminals exiled from Alimor lands, so some Alimor are somewhat prejudiced against them, but such views are considered old-fashioned, so are fairly rare. The Baridae Alimor are more sturdy than their mountain counterparts, but their speed is on the same level as an Ertai. They are a very spiritual people, and they usually worship their ancestors in addition to whatever gods they pray to.
Class: Courier: Couriers roam the land of Armeira, delivering packages and mail to the various denizens. Their skills are a mixed bag: As long as they have high enough stamina and a way to defend themselves from robbers, they're golden. In Eliot's case, he knows Unarmed combat and Nature magic. Also has training as a priest, though less in the healing aspect, and more in that he just has a knowledge of the religion.
Home: Walks the earth. Currently en-route to Yoraquet to deliver contracts to the Assassin's Guild.
Guilds: None
History: Eliot, like most Baridae Alimor children, was raised on the road. His family and a few others constantly travelled in their caravan, until he turned six, when bandits attacked. Normally, his family could fend them off, but the person keeping watch had fallen asleep, so they were surprised. Eliot's mother managed to send him off on one of their pack animals, allowing him to escape. He was found by Dynatha, a priestess of Zhishi.She took him in, and taught him to be a priest, Eliot making an oath to never kill at 18. Eliot grew older, and as he did, he yearned to get in touch with his roots, and travel the earth again. So, saying goodbye to his adoptive mother, he took a job as courier. After all, if he was going to travel the world spreading peace and love, he may as well get paid for it. He recently got a job to deliver a package of contracts to the assassin's guild.
RP Sample: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f427/ro...tamaki-llednar-corruption-114337/#post3362483

Name: Artemis Kreus
Race: Alimore
Class: Mage, she mostly specializes in elemental spells. She has also been trained for hand to hand combat in case her spells aren't good enough.
Current Home: Arlok
Guild: N/A

History: Artemis lived with her mother since she was a baby with her dad being MIA since before she was born. When she was just a girl her mother trained her in both magic and close combat so that she'll be a balaned fighter. Because of this she was put through tough trainings throughout her life all to increase her skills.

When she turned fourteen she left her home and began traveling around the world to explore, wanting to become a stronger mage she tried to join various guilds but decided against it in the end every time. After three of travelling she finally settled in Arlok to rest for a while and to find out clues about her father.

RP Sample:

Artemis looked around her surroundings to try and find the creature that was chasing after her. She was sorrounded by hard rocks that would make the most uncomfortable night if someone even dared to sleep there; something that she had discovered on her own after sleeping there the night before. She had to be ready if she wanted to catch her prey or be prey instead.

"All right I should make this fast," Artemis muttered to herself before getting up. She quickly jumped away fromt he comfort of the rock and raced towards the other side of the field, catching a glimpse of her predator following her along.

She had to finish things fast or else she'll fall to its will, as thus she needed one spell and only one spell. "All right," Artemis turned around as she came face to face with her predator before taking out a knife from the pouch strapped to her waist. "All right," she charged the knife with electricity before touching the floor and charging forward as she slashed the beast along its right leg, causing it to roar as electricity surrounded its body.

"It's over," she sighed as she pocketed her knife once more. A few seconds after she did this her assailant hit the floor, causing a loud thud and sending some of Artemis's hair waving around. "I still got it," she grinned and walked over to her future breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom