• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Veil

Bright Days
Reaction score
Can't believe there isn't a thread on this yet. Well, The Legend of Korra is the sequel to popular American cartoon "Avatar the Last Airbender". It will follow a 17-year-old new Avatar, Korra. The setting, the plot, and the main story will be much different and it's truly going to be something interesting. A lot of people in the action cartoon community are a buzz about this, so let's discuss it. Much information has been released I'm planning to update this post with said information later on.

I'm really excited about it. But in my heart, it will always be Avatar: The Legend of Korra. James Cameron can kiss my hairy, pale butt about copyright infringement.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid that you can trademark such an old, widely-used term.

I'm looking forward to Legend of Korra! I've already seen some leaks. I just recently re-watched the original series on Netflix. I'll truly miss Team Aang. ;-;

I'm psyched for this, and have been ever since the sequel was announced. It may only last for a 1/3 of the length the original was, but dammit, that's going to be a very worthwhile third.

In the meantime, I've been keeping tabs on the official interquel: there's a 3-issues long comic book that serves as a prologue for Legend of Korra and explains how Republic City comes to be. The original cast all plays a role and have updated looks to them. I recommend looking up on them so you can get into Korra with no lack of exposition. :)

Avatar is like my favorite show of all time. I am soooooo so so so pumped for this sequel. :DDD

Definitely like to see this show since Nickelodeon is being dominated by sitcoms.

When it was first announced I was skeptical, but after seeing some trailers I'm optimistic. They had a lot of potential to fuck it up, but I don't think they did. I'm looking forward to it.

The first episode is available for streaming on Nickpress.

http://www.nickpress-thelegendofkorra.com/a/screeningroom.html

Both the username and the password are "nickpress"

It's taking some time to load, but from the first quarter of it I've seen it's pretty good. Music, character, humor, all of it is great.

Really? The first full episode for free online? This isn't good for the show.

Don't see how that's a problem, considering it's from Nickpress, which is owned by Viacom. I think this has to do with that Facebook campaign where if 100,000 likes were met on the Legend of Korra page, the first episode would be available to watch before the series was broadcast on Nick.

Sadly, it probably won't be as good as the original series.

No way to prove either way though, except through the first episode, which by all accounts is pretty good.

Just started watching the first episode now, let's see where this is going.

Alright then, GUYS EPISODE 1 HAS BEEN LEAKED! :DDD

I think it may be because korranation.com already reached 100.000 likes which is why it was released earlier.

Anyway, onto the episode! It was a good episode, the Republic City looks stunning and Korra is already turning out to be an amusing protagonist. Not to forget that I really, really like the idea of an anti-bending revolution. I mean, who wouldn't feel oppressed by all the benders? Aang's grandchildren were hilarious and it was nice seeing Katara again.

Fantastic first episode, can't wait to see it in better quality. Beautiful music, surprisingly realistic handling of the city, great animation. Whenever DiMartino and Konietzko make a series, every other show needs to raise its game.

Just watched episode 1, it was amaaazing. Only issue is that the voice acting quality seemed a little poor, though that could be because I wasn't watching it in very good quality to begin with. Was skeptical about watching at first since I'd grown so attached to the old characters but I'm so glad I did! Korra's so likable and ffff I can't wait for episode 2 ;_; The best part was definitely where she did that funny face gesture back to Toph's daughter, though. no one can argue that

The best part was definitely where she did that funny face gesture back to Toph's daughter, though. no one can argue that
Haha, I agree fully! I loved it.

"I'm the Avatar! You gotta deal with it!" So cute! <3

DANG THAT WAS AWESOME ;_;

-Korra was the best freaking part of this whole first episode. I just enjoy and really really like her personality it's so cute. Her lines even.

You're the one who's going to need a hospital.
I'm the Avatar you gotta deal with it.

Man I liked her so much, she's likable. She's wild and she's crazy and I typically love characters like that in animation. But, man Korra is just the pure definition of awesome. Even when she did all that bending as a child adorable. When she took her test to beat the firebending master. I like her righteous attitude just awesome. Her Polar Bear Dog Naga, mannnnnnnnn I think I'll like Naga more then Appa :p He's cute, and he's a DOG and I likes Doggies :p Man Korra is buff is for a girl, strength for the win and design. She reminds me a lot of Toph and Sokka.

-OLD CHARACTERS. Grandma Katara FTW, I liked seeing she inherited her Gran-Gran's personality. But, man I kinda miss the old Katara a lot. I remember old Katara's looks and personality, but it's only natural she would have been subdued over the years due to her age. I felt really really bad that Sokka and Aang have passed away, though Zuko and Toph being alive still is still up for debate.

-New Characters FTW. EVERYBODY IN THIS HAD THE AWESOME, UNIQUE, PERSONABLE CHIPS CRANKED UP TO 100. Tenzin I didn't imagine would be so young, as the son of Katara and Aang I liked the personality they gave him. His wifey was cute, and I thought it was pretty cute she's the type who wants to have just one "normal" kid that isn't a bender and she provided some nice comedy, I imagine she'll be the comedy type person who will be used for jokes a lot. The three Airbending devils were cute, my favorite man IT'S SO HARD PICK. I like all three a lot, the hyperactive one, the crazy little bratty boy, and the knowledgeable girl I imagine there being an episode where they cause a lot of havoc and Korra has to save them during filler or something or something about one of them wanting to become stronger. I liked how the smart one wanted know about Zuko's mom.

-More new characters who have lesser roles. The man who lived in the bush I guess will be the "Cabbage Man" of Korra. The three thugs were nice, and I liked seeing all the bending elements team up so to speak it shows the growth and how things have changed in the world since Aang brought peace into it. And the Big Bad with the mask seems interesting enough. Seriously, of all the new cartoons I'm watching at the moment this one has managed to capture my interest first episode, and made me care for the character they are all relatable.

-Animation, the animation is different and looks great for Korra. I like it.

-Nice set-up on the plot and establishing of Korra and other characters to a lesser extent. I really liked the Republic City, the tall buildings, mobilization, and look of it all really makes it look so much more modern and improved since the days of Aang. The art is for the win. So, is the music. I can't wait until it premieres on TV in April Saturday morning, I look forward to watching it again in better quality and it gives me a reason to watch Nicklodeon on Saturday Morning outside of the occasional "Fairly Odd Parents" and new "Power Rangers Samurai." shame on Nick though for not premiering Korra in PRIMETIME. Speaking of FOP, I didn't really care for that "Snawzmo" voice one of the Thug's had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom