• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely fantastic. Loved every minute of this finale, and every minute of this series. Thank you, creators. Thank you.

I'm sticking with my words about the lack of injury or death at the beginning of the finale, though I do love the rest of it.

I don't think I have much to say, I think the finale speaks for itself.

I like that Kuvira accepted her fate and apologized to Su. Just like the other antagonists, Kuvira believed she was doing the right thing, but took her ideology too far. I feel sorry for her, she realizes what she's done but will probably be locked away forever.

Wu relinquishing his title and seeking to let the Earth Kingdom become a democracy? Nice, I'm glad that happened. Not that Wu wouldn't make a decent leader.

I was hoping Asami would say she would want to visit the Fire Nation, so I could see it too. I don't think that ending suggested anything other than what we already know: they're good friends.

Well, that's it. 4 books, 52 episodes, 2 and a half years. I enjoyed all of it.

Thank you, Bryan and Mike, for creating one of the best worlds and series I have ever seen. I also want to thank every single person who worked on this show as well as Avatar: The Last Airbender; talented people who made this series as great as it is. There will never be another like it.

Good-bye, Korra. It was great to know you.

Last edited:
So is Korra x Asami canon now? I'm so confused.

The finale was great to be honest. The ending just felt a little rushed to fit the Korra + Asami stuff in. It was a very sweet ending with those two though, I will admit. One of those "aw" moments.

I honestly though that when Korra and Kuvira were in the Spirit World that Zaheer was going to show up and bump off Kuvira, since he expressed a little dislike of what she was doing (obviously, as he's against order). But sadly not, once again the villain is let off but whatever, it didn't ruin the finale at all. I just think Kuvira really sucks

New portal in destroyed Republic City is hella cool. The Beifong sisters are rad too.

Anyway was a good series, really enjoyed it. Will miss watching it and laughing at Varrick

Hopefully Nick sells the franchise off to someone that cares about it and we get lucky and get another series in the future (obvs not Korra as Avatar tho). Fingers crossed.

Korrasami was a huge twist (in a good way) for me! I honestly never thought of them being together and I'm so happy for them! I'm really sad that LoK is over. ;~;

Tbh. I feel like Korrasami ending was kinda forced (please don't kill me) I mean I'm not saying it's bad, because it isn't obviouly and it's really great that they decided to do it....but I still feel like it's mostly just to please fans. To me the whole thing seemed kind of forced, and wel it's just that I mysel probably would've preferred if no ship was confirmed, I mean why can't two girls just be really close friends xD again not saying I don't like it, just that I think it could've been developed a lot more.

Tbh. I feel like Korrasami ending was kinda forced (please don't kill me) I mean I'm not saying it's bad, because it isn't obviouly and it's really great that they decided to do it....but I still feel like it's mostly just to please fans. To me the whole thing seemed kind of forced, and wel it's just that I mysel probably would've preferred if no ship was confirmed, I mean why can't two girls just be really close friends xD again not saying I don't like it, just that I think it could've been developed a lot more.

I kinda get the impression that they were kinda doing the Korrasami ending for the fans and everyone that complained about Makorra. I kinda wanna say they did it as a fuck you to Nick also lol. I HONESTLY thought they were gonna pull a Makorra ending when Korra was talking to Mako, but nope! Korrasami! I enjoyed the ending, but I do wish they did end the series with Korra, Mako, Bolin, and Asami going to that portal, all joining hands as they step into the portal. To me, it makes more sense, but I'll gladly take Korra and Asami going in together and the implications of a canon pairing. Now we can imagine them visiting Iroh and all.

I also like that they're leaving it up to the fans. I wanna call Korrasami canon, but anyone can easily say they're just REALLY good friends.

I mean why can't two girls just be really close friends xD
You say that like every single show has a lesbian couple. This is one of our only couples, can't you just let us have it?

Flaze said:
again not saying I don't like it, just that I think it could've been developed a lot more.
It wasn't a Big Damn Kiss, they just held hands. And I think there was plenty development for at least that to be a possibility.

I thought the ending was nice. Part of me was a bit disapointed that Korra didn't let Kuvira get blasted by her own weapon. but at least they did arrest her. Varrik and Zhu Li getting married was probably my favorite part. I always felt bad for Zhu Li getting treated like a servant by Zarrik when it was totally clear that she was crushing on him. I totally didn't expect him to share those feelings so I was pretty happy for her.

As for Korrasami...I don't know how I feel about it yet, but I don't think it's cannon. The scene just felt pretty damn forced imo, with no real build up. It was just all of a sudden Korra and Asami just decide to go on vacation together and hold hands as they enter the portal. If there had been hints before hand suggesting that these two would become a couple, I wouldn't really mind, but to me it jut came out of nowhere. I personally don't believe they are in a romantic relationship, at least not yet. If they aren't, then they aren't. If they are, they they are. But in my opinion, it still very honestly feels forced to me.

While I thought the ending was a good one, I have some mixed feelings. First of all, Pop Asami died! :( Did they really need to kill him off like that? I mean, I suppose he would have gone back to jail afterwards, anyway and he did pretty much save the day.and at least he got to spend his last moments with Asami, which possibly wouldn't have been the case in prison...but still...the man got crushed!!

Secondly, I'm glad Varrick did propose to Zhi Li and get married, but I think it could have been so much better! I mean, Varrick tried to apologize in the..pathetic way he does, but he never got really into the "story" that would have most likely led to the apology, and then the next thing we get is a proposal. I'm not gonna say it came out of nowhere since I think we all knew it would happen, but it seemed rushed. Oh well, they did the thing! Finally!

Now, once again Mako uses Lighting bending to save the day. Since this seems to just be a recurring thing at this point, I'm not gonna analyze into it or anything. I'm just glad they didn't kill him off. When I saw him pass out right on the escape path, I was about to scream, but I should have known Bolin would be there.

I have to say I'm honestly disappointed Kuvira didn't get killed by her own weapon. I understand Korra's morally not gonna stand by and let her die when she can prevent it and all that, but damn, after all she's done? At least there was no BS: "Oh, she's sorry, let's not send her to jail" crap. She apologized to Su and all Su did was tell her that she would pay for her actions, which is decent for me. Though just a scene of her in jail would have been some closure...I'd like to see her show some kind of atonement.

Now for the big one. Korrasami. GirlXGirl pairing in a kids show, blah, blah, who cares? It don't even come on TV anymore. I have no issues with Korra and Asami being a couple. But I do have to wonder how much I actually think it's canon. I mean, I will be honest...I didn't see this coming at all! I'm not a Korrasami shipper and I never saw them as more than sister-like friends. In fact, I'm surprised at how many shippers of this pair there are gloating over this ending. I never shipped anyone in Korra all that seriously, so, like I said, I don't care if these two are a couple, but the fact that it just seems so random to me makes me doubt its...canonness. I just don't think we saw enough between the two to hint at then having romantic feelings for each other.

Worst of all, I feel like the conversation with Tenzin at the end hinted at more things to come, even though we know it's the end. Why not use that scene to reflect on the past and that's it? I know why they did it, and of course it makes sense, but it just hurts since we know we'll never see Korra learn these things she want to learn.

Overall, it was still a very good end to a fantastic series and show. They did the thing.

You say that like every single show has a lesbian couple. This is one of our only couples, can't you just let us have it?

Flaze said:
again not saying I don't like it, just that I think it could've been developed a lot more.
It wasn't a Big Damn Kiss, they just held hands. And I think there was plenty development for at least that to be a possibility.

Again I assert they went to from to the two character in the main cast who interacted the least to BFF's out of no where. The BFF stuff felt like they were trolling and or throwing Korrasami a bone. But to spend that much time and take it seriously with out that process it's just sloppy. I mean if they were being silly and then decided make it real they could have at least thrown in how they became BFF's at last minute in a flashback if they were so crunched for time. Hell making a new character just to be Korra's Lesbian lover would've work better than the end result.

EDIT: Just to be clear I can stomach a little bad story telling if it means that much to people but it could have meant so much more. They weren't even trying to be subtle so they might have well made it explicit to be non conforming.

Last edited:
Worst of all, I feel like the conversation with Tenzin at the end hinted at more things to come, even though we know it's the end. Why not use that scene to reflect on the past and that's it? I know why they did it, and of course it makes sense, but it just hurts since we know we'll never see Korra learn these things she want to learn.

Overall, it was still a very good end to a fantastic series and show. They did the thing.

I'm almost certain that there will be comics at least.

As for Korrasami...I don't know how I feel about it yet, but I don't think it's cannon. The scene just felt pretty damn forced imo, with no real build up. It was just all of a sudden Korra and Asami just decide to go on vacation together and hold hands as they enter the portal. If there had been hints before hand suggesting that these two would become a couple, I wouldn't really mind, but to me it jut came out of nowhere. I personally don't believe they are in a romantic relationship, at least not yet. If they aren't, then they aren't. If they are, they they are. But in my opinion, it still very honestly feels forced to me.
Now for the big one. Korrasami. GirlXGirl pairing in a kids show, blah, blah, who cares? It don't even come on TV anymore. I have no issues with Korra and Asami being a couple. But I do have to wonder how much I actually think it's canon. I mean, I will be honest...I didn't see this coming at all! I'm not a Korrasami shipper and I never saw them as more than sister-like friends. In fact, I'm surprised at how many shippers of this pair there are gloating over this ending. I never shipped anyone in Korra all that seriously, so, like I said, I don't care if these two are a couple, but the fact that it just seems so random to me makes me doubt its...canonness. I just don't think we saw enough between the two to hint at then having romantic feelings for each other.
Well, here are Bryan and Michael's takes on it.

To me, I don't think there is enough in the show to convince me that the two had romantic feelings for each other (even the last shot isn't enough), and I was open to the two getting together. It always seemed they're just good/close friends (at least books 3 & 4). It's nice that we got confirmation, but I also think it should have been expressed more clearly in the show at some point. A kiss would have been the safest and quickest way to do that, but a kiss is not the only way to express love.

"Oh they're being so smart to avoid soccer moms." I must disagree to this notion. Stereotypical homophobes and consequently the homophobes who get the most attention are paranoid white people and I hate to break it to you but paranoid white people are by DEFINITION paranoid. They aren't the fucking guards from Ocarina of Time. Remember Brave the ASSUMED the lead was lesbian well I'm sure they would notice/are noticing everyone doing victory laps all over social media. Not to mention they already confirmed it right soooo... if the got the reaction they were fearing they wouldn't confirm it or at least not immediately. So that's kinda lame don't you think? See what I mean by pandery and like Gaara said it's not on TV anymore so and they aren't getting to make Avatar 3 anytime soon with there rating and budget so the risk was...?

Well, here are Bryan and Michael's takes on it.

Skrelp...well that literally answers that.

I understand the point that was, I believe was in Mr. Bryan's post (but I may be wrong), that more or less said if I didn't see this coming that I may have been looking at their interactions with a "hetero lens". Well...I mean, of course I was. It was a show marketed for kids, not really an actual Japanese Anime. Of course, I wasn't honestly looking for legit Korrasami hints. So, maybe there was something I missed in the last couple of books, but, I still don't personally feel there was enough between them to suggest they had romantic feelings. Everything I saw between the two just felt like a sister-like relationship.

If I remember right, this show stopped airing on Nick somewhere around The Earth Queen's death in Book 3. So they had plenty of time to be able to "get away with" showing something prior to the finale that suggested something more between Korra and Asami. They apparently didn't plan for Varrick and Zhu Li to get together either, but they found a way to slyde that in without it feeling all that forced or random. So why not do the same for the main frickin' character and Asami?

I'm okay with it being canon. It's just I wish it could have had a bit more leading up to it so it still didn't feel so random to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom