• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the latest episode did a great job of making feel anger and hate towards the villain group, something which I wasn't feeling up until this point, as they were just sort of there like "oh, they are the bad guys? Ok then". I mean them taking out the Earth Queen was something I didn't feel bad about at all and actually made me like them a little more because she was incredibly annoying and needed dealing with. But after EP11 no way. They are a bunch of bastards and I'm excited to see where this is going.

Though I do really like sparky sparky boom man's relative's design. I didn't realise she was so tall until a few episodes ago.

Tenzin was completely outclassing Zaheer and had him against the ropes their entire fight, but then they ganged up on Tenzin which is bullshit and shows how cheap they are >:l

It seemed to imply that Tenzin is dead though? I'm not sure I could handle something that big ;_;

Also

IROH YES ;_;

It was cool to see the scene between Korra and Zuko when she mentioned Iroh being in the Spirit World

I spoilered those just in case someone reads the thread without watching the latest episode.

Also hoping this story continues into Book 4, I'm not really a fan of how detached the LoK Books have been in comparison to how TLA's worked. And with only a few episodes to go, it's going to feel like another cheap and rushed turnaround if this story is going to reach a conclusion at the end of this Book. And as much as I say I feel anger and hate towards what they did, I do like the villains as a group and would like to see more of them.

I don't like how Mako and Bolin's grandma became a comic relief character. It was just...eh. Zuko's dragon is kind of cute. Speaking of Zuko, I loved his face when Korra told him about Iroh. I love Iroh. I really hope the bad guys keep their grey morals thing. I like how they did bad stuff. But I just hope that it won't just be "Ohh their just purely evil now. Let's erase their personalities." I swear to god if they kill Tenzin...no.

I need the next episode.

This episode was just one big heartbreak omg. The first half was really enjoyable, but things just fell into utter devastation in the second half. I was shaking for a good hour after the end ;A; Spoilers below.

First Half
First of all for the first half, I just loved seeing Mako and Bolin rescue their family. I was worrying about them last week, but thankfully they got everyone out before their apartment complex burst into flames. I was happy to see Team Korra reunite and OMG I couldn't help but laugh at Grandma Yin's comment to Mako about Korra and Asami. AWKWARD! Bolin even had a pretty funny reaction to meeting Zuko and omg Zuko never fails to please me. While the group was trying to find a way to warn Tenzin about Zaheer's attack, Korra decided she'd try to find Zaheer at Xai Bau's Grove again, though who does she find...I thought the person approaching her was Zaheer, but OMFG ITS IROH AGAIN!!!! This was such an amazing moment and he gave out the best advice again. Korra had a nice moment with Zuko afterwards and omg I just love how Zuko was so quick to get his dragon ready to take off. It just really made me happy to know he was so quick to leave the group to go protect his daughter who we know is the current Fire Lord. Zuko still managed to give Korra amazing advice and I'm so happy to know how close he and Aang really were. That's pretty much it for the first half. Bolin managed to reach Meelo and soon Korra hoped on and got Tenzin on the line.

Second Half
This is where shit got real. Korra finally got through to Tenzin, but it was too late. The moment where you see the Red Lotus just outside the window was such a chilling OH SHIT moment. Tenzin, Meelo, Bumi, and Kai try to gather all the airbenders to escape, but the Red Lotus manages to corner them all. OMG TENZIN ALSO! The guy refuses to let Zaheer use them to get to Korra and he'll do anything to protect her, the airbenders, and his family. There's a reason why Tenzin is among my favorite characters. Here is where you get the epic bending battle we've been waiting for. I have to hand it to Kya and Bumi for the way they handled Ming-Hua and Ghazan. They did MUCH better than Mako and Bolin did, though sadly they ultimately failed, but thankfully survived. TENZIN THOUGH HOLY SHIT! He seriously out classed Zaheer. He was dominating him through the whole battle...Until P'Li came in. While this was going on, the others try to escape, but P'Li was flying around the air temple acting as the sniper. Kai gets HUGE props here for his devotion to protect the others. He tried to distract P'Li so they could escape her combustion shots and the kid even landed a hit on P'Li omg. I was so sad to see her knock him down, but thankfully the end of the episode revealed he survived. Freaking Jinora though ;A; Her shock and horror over seeing Kai fall just broke my heart. While Tenzin is still kicking Zaheer's ass, thing just go downhill QUICKLY after P'Li shot down Kai. The Red Lotus pulled a dirty trick and ganged up on Tenzin with Kya, Bumi, and Kai out of the picture. He refuses to surrender to them, even as they relentlessly attack him. I'm so afraid now. OMFG I SWEAR IF YOU KILL TENZIN, ZAHEER! I'm so afraid now omg. Just PLEASE don't kill off Tenzin! This was the most devastating cliffhanger I've seen in the FRANCHISE. The only hope we have is Kai....

Overall it was such an amazing, but heartbreaking episode.

OMG!
No Tenzin no! I hope this isn't the end of him. When he defied Zaheer with the breath comment, I thought Zaheer would end him like the queen. Thank goodness that didn't happen. But props to Tenzin for doing very well against the four of them, which I didn't think he could do. Maybe the other airbenders will go back for him. The whole second half was awesome.

It was great seeing Iroh again (also, when are we going to see Iroh II again?). And Zuko's reaction to Korra talking to his uncle was awesome. I really hope they meet each other again.

Next week is the one hour finale!

Just finished watching the episode! Unfortunately I was only able to watch the first half yesterday, but I was able to remember that I needed to finish it.

Thoughts in the spoiler!
And so the intensity continues to rise. I must say, Book 3 has yet to fail me. Great animation, dynamic characters, and edge of your seat episodes.

Firstly, we have an appearance from Iroh. o. m. g. Can't say I didn't see it coming, but I just love anything with Iroh. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise. Anything with Iroh is automatically good, and this episode just helped me think that more.

So, the group leaves Ba Sing Se and arrives back to the Misty Springs Oasis. It was nice to see Zuko, though I don't feel like he's done a whole lot so far. I expect to see him do a lot when the group arrives in the Fire Nation, though. Well, I hope they'll eventually go there. They've been just about everywhere else, so I'd think they'd at least talk about going there. I have to imagine that's where Book 4 will mainly take place, but who knows.

There was also a Tenzin fight this episode. That's another good sign of an amazing episode. If anyone had any doubts about how strong he is, I don't they they do. I can't imagine him losing to Zaheer had nobody else interrupted, and he put up a good fight against the three of them. I can't really imagine him dying, but I wouldn't be super shocked. If anything, I think there might be a bit of deus ex machina in the finale, since I'm quite confident Team Avatar can't win against the Red Lotus. But again, who knows?

Bumi also put up a pretty good fight considering he has been a non-bender for most of his life. I expected a little more from Kya, but she also put up a decent fight.
Overall, a really nice episode. I admit I forget some of the stuff that happened in the beginning, so I'll have to go back and watch it. Which of course is no big deal.

Also, I was browsing Lok/TLA tumblrs tonight, and I found this: (Don't look at the second one before the first!!)
tumblr_n8y99leAI71rw9ny4o1_500.gif
rLjKZW1.jpg
I laughed for much too long.

Holy shit! They're REALLY going all out with the budget for this season...
The fight sequences were epic as hell. Not to mention, the show is getting comparatively darker than the previous books. And I'm lovvvving it!

One more thing, I am happy with the way they've handled Tenzin this time.

Bryan tells it like it is:

“It’s funny there are people who are so attached to the original series and it’s funny because when they confront us and they write us critical things like they’ll write us a little fan letter like… Mike and I remember during Avatar how people would be like ‘I don’t like this, and kind of whining about every little thing in the show, and really mad about how a season finale would end, and ‘I can’t believe you’d put the characters through that,’ and now that years have been removed from that, the feedback we get now about Avatar is like, ‘It’s perfect, there is nothing wrong with it, and every moment of it is perfect,’ and I don’t think every moment is perfect, I have tons of problems throughout the series, but I love it and I’m proud of it. And then with Korra they’re nitpicking every little thing and there’s a lot of comparing of Korra to, not just the shows, but comparing the character of Korra to Aang like ‘Aang was such a sweet, gentle soul, and Korra is just, she’s awful!’ …I always think back at New York Comic Con, it was at a point early in Book 2 where Korra was kind of going off the rails, and I remember Mike and the writers really wanted this civil war, she’s gonna take it very personally and it’s gonna cloud her judgement, and she’s not making good decisions. And people really didn’t like it, and I remember being interviewed in New York and they were like, ‘People hate Korra… so why did you do it?’ And I was like wow, and like, Aang was like going on a rampage in the middle of the desert beating people up because someone took his bison.”

2 days away from the Book 3 finale...Get ready everyone cause its gonna be a bumpy ride ._.

My thoughts:
Zaheer wants Korra to give herself up to him so he can force her into the void. In the void, Guru Laghima's spirit is waiting and once Korra enters, Guru Laghima will possess her.

EDIT: Its Friday everyone 0_0 Its time for the Book 3 finale. EVERYONE QUICK GET INTO A PRAYER CIRCLE FOR TENZIN, KAI, ZUKO, AND ANYONE ELSE WE DON'T WANT TO BE KILLED OFF!

Last edited:
Tenzin lives! Thank goodness. Though a part of me thinks a protagonist should have died, if only to add drama or add weight to the power of the Red Lotus.
Speaking of death. A couple things: I was not expecting P'Li to be taken out like that! Clever thinking on Suyin's part. And I expected Zaheer to go into a rage, but he stayed pretty stoic. There were a lot of instances in which any character could have died in these two episodes, probably because we've seen the power of the Red Lotus.

I actually thought Jinora died at the end, when Asami said "for Jinora". Here's why I thought this: It's been 2 weeks since the battle at the NAT, so anything could have happened in that time; Korra looks depressed and she's being dressed in a formal outfit. But when I saw Meelo and Ikki smiling and Meelo saying that his sister's already inside, I knew she was alive. And I completely forgot about her wanting to be recognized as a Master Airbender, so I'm glad that's what everyone was there for, and not a funeral. And that ceremony was nice, not only the room they were in looked great, but how the ceremony was presented was beautiful, too.

I'm glad Bolin got a new skill, but the problem I have with it is that he didn't try to learn lava bending at all before he successfully did it. Bolin's not a prodigy and I never had the sense that he could do something of such skill this quickly.

His and Mako's third round bout with Ghazan and Ming Hua was welcomed. I wonder why Mako didn't electrocute Ming before, but it's pretty awesome that he did. I assume she died from that and that Ghazan died from being crushed/burned.

A shame that the temple was destroyed. I wonder if anything will be recovered.

I was truly scared for Korra when she was poisoned. I don't think there's been a part this crucial in which the Avatar was this vulnerable. I thought there was a real chance that she could have died (despite there being a fourth book). Tenzin says she'll heal, but I think there'll be lasting effects from this poison and battles that won't make Korra the same.

It was great seeing Amon again, even if was just a brief hallucination.

There's a new character named Kuvira, the one that saved Tonraq. The way she revealed her name leads me to believe we'll see her again. Some people say she may be a villain next season, but I'm getting tired of people betraying Korra and others.

Now that Zaheer's back in jail, I wonder if he'll have his bending taken away, or what his cell will look like to keep his bending at bay. I think he'll just be restrained. Or could he be executed?

It's good to know there are other RL members, though I too kind of wanted Zaheer and the others carried into book 4. But I'm not disappointed that they aren't.

So in my opinion Change is the best season of any in Avatar, with Earth being a close second. I really enjoyed every episode this season, and I'm happy it wasn't cancelled. Time to watch it again.

I predict next season we see a power struggle in Ba Sing Se, but who knows if that's going to be the main plot for Book 4.

Also for Book 4, I hope we see more from Kai and Jinora, and Bolin and Opal. I have high hopes for their relationships. I also really want to see how the Fire Nation has changed since Airbender. There's probably some other stuff, but I'll post it later.

Last edited:
That finale was mad intense. Honestly, I still need a moment to process what actually happened. Though I'm really curious to see what happens to Korra's character in response to her bad condition from the battle.

I wonder if Bolin's lavabending comes from his fire/earth heritage? Perhaps Ghazan also had a dual heritage?

Well the season finale was good. Not as good as Book 2's though imo. I was shocked that P'Li died so quickly and Zaheer's flying ability was unexpected, but cool. I'm glad that Bolin learned to Lavabend and that Tenzin survived. I disliked Korra's fight with Zaheer though; even in the Avatar State, her bending was mediocre at best as usual imo. The Jinora glorification in particular when she led the Airbenders to create the vortex and during the ceremony was annoying though; they may as well rename the show The Legend of Jinora.

The season finale was very intense, shame it was never aired on TV because of Nickelodeon's stupidity, though to be fair, it's arguable that some of the things shown like the death of the Earth Queen would have been a bit more regulated if aired on TV.

I was surprised with Bolin learning Lavabending, which must have been the reason he couldn't Metalbend. Everything in these last two episodes surprised me, though the only real nitpick I have is that we didn't really get any closure on the chaos in Ba Sing Se, though it's likely we might see what's been going on there in season 4.
I will say this is the best season of Korra so far, now I just need something similar to watch (like an anime series) while waiting for the next season.

This book's finale was super intense!! I seriously thought someone on Team Avatar wasn't going to make it, but I'm so glad everyone made it through and also unlocked the abilities they were meant to learn! I felt so happy when we saw Jinora finally the way she wanted to be. I just hope Korra will be okay. :(

Side comments:
Rohan and Kai's bison are really cute!!
Ironic how the RL's means of escaping their prisons have also led to their downfall.

Last edited:
Korra seems so broken now, poor girl. It was a good Book all-in-all though, definitely very intense and bending-focused in lots of places.

I really liked the entire cast: Asami was used more, Lin and her sister were both amazing, Tenzin and his family had some great moments, we had appearances from the twins, Varrick, Zuko and Iroh, and the Red Lotus quad were all great.

My only complain is that I just really dislike how they handled Zaheer in the later episodes. For someone who just became an airbender he certainly moved himself up and surpassed Korra, Tenzin and co at airbending very fast, to the point where he was just made blatantly overpowered to me. Barring the fight with Tenzin I don't think he made a fault on anything in the later episodes until the finale (could be wrong, it has been a few weeks) it just felt like he was made to seem too perfect at everything.

All the others were fine and I don't think that

Ghazan and Ming-Hua are dead

even if they don't appear again, and we are pretty much lead to think they are, I just don't think they are.

But

poor P'li. She was overpowered as all hell, but that death was certainly... crazy

Interested where Book 4 is going to go. I was hoping that these four villains would carry over into Book 4, but clearly not which is kinda disappointing.

Also anyone else really confused why they suddenly gave attention and a name to one of the Metal Clan Captains for them to not do anything at all in the episode? Foreshadowing maybe...

And good to see Amon wasn't forgotten even if he sucked. Unalaq was mentioned in connection to the Red Lotus a few times, but Amon basically disappeared until now.

What an incredible season. I loved all of the action scenes in the previous week's episode (especially with Tenzin) and tonight's episodes. I do feel Zaheer mastered airbending too quickly, but he likely had the free time to learn lol.

Introducing that metalbending officer girl, Kuvira, was odd. Is she related to the Red Lotus? Oh wow, she's voiced by the daughter of Robin Williams. :eek:

I think all three of them died. I'm surprised they didn't end Zaheer's life, as keeping him contained would allow for a possible escape in the future.

I can't be the only one thinking during that last bit:

Lin, Suyin, see that earth cage you've trapped Zaheer in? Just tighten it a little. Okay, a bit more. Little bit more. Keep going. Make sure to cover his head.

But yeah, that finale was super intense. I'm glad to see that they acknowledge that there will be lasting consequences to this revolution, and I'm hoping we get to see more of this in Book 4.

And about Kuvira, I can't help but feel the main reason she was named (technically twice, her name was in the credits of "The Terror Within") was because she was voiced by Zelda Williams. It's not everyday you get someone like that to voice a character on your show. I do have a feeling we haven't seen the last of her, though.

It was so intense, I needed like all day to recover.
  • I still think Henry Rollins is a shitty voice actor. And now I hate him as a person too because of the way he talked about Robin Williams' suicide.
  • I still love P'Li's design, I wish we could have found out more about her past aside from just that one line. Too bad her head go boom.
  • On that same note, I really wish Ghazan and Ming-Hua didn't die, especially Ghazan. I could have seen him becoming friends with Bolin. Or more than friends. YOU ALL SAW THAT WINK!
  • I knew something wasn't right with those kidnapped airbenders, but I wasn't expecting that creepy reveal with Ming-Hua. She is terrifying.
  • Zaheer flying was absolutely unexpected, and also kind of hilarious. Motherfucker looks like Superman or Goku.
  • Bolin lavabending on the other hand was expected. Not too crazy about the way he discovered it, but I'm still happy he learnt it. I just wonder if he'll continue using it in Book 4.
  • The introduction of Kuvira was really weird. At first I thought she was hitting on Korra's dad. So she's clearly going to play a larger part next season. People are saying she'll be a Red Lotus member, but I'm not so sure.
  • Korra hallucinating the previous villains was really cool. The faces she was making were terrifying though.
  • Bolin shoving Suyin away to hug Opal, ugh. I'm really hoping that they don't last. That "classic Bolin" line from Opal didn't sound too enthusiastic, so hopefully that means she'll grow tired of his antics and leave him.
  • Some people are saying that Korra didn't seem that powerful in the Avatar state. Well yeah, she got fucking poisoned. And come on, you know they're saving the best for last, we still have another finale.
  • That one long shot of Korra chasing Zaheer through the sky was really cool, bravo to whoever made that happen.
  • "If you ever wanna talk or... anything" KORRASAMI CONFIRMED LETS PARTY
  • Meelo sitting in Korra's lap was cute.
  • I admit, I cried when Jinora got her tattoos. I'm so happy for her. And she looks so much like Aang, I might start to like her more now.
  • WHERE THE FUCK WAS KATARA
  • Korra looks absolutely fucking dead inside.

My hopes for next season:
  • That the left over Red Lotus members won't be forgotten like the Equalists.
  • More shit going down in the Earth Nation, particularly Ba Sing Se.
  • Ghazan not dead please.
  • Korra's recovery, both physical and mental. I wonder what can revive her broken spirit.
  • Speaking of spirit, MORE STUFF WITH THE SPIRITS. They set it up as a major plot point in the first couple episodes, and then we only saw little sprinkles of it throughout the season. Maybe we'll see Korra finally fix the spirit forest in Republic City.
  • Toph coming back?
  • Katara doing fucking something. I'd love to see her interacting with Zuko.
  • Bolin and Opal breaking up.
  • I'm interested to see how Kai feels about Jinora now that she's bald.
  • Korrasami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom