• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the new episode but it's just a shame it's almost over. Toph FTW! I love how she does most everything with her hands behind her back as if she doesn't even need to use them. Lin's face was priceless.

Get ready Korra fans...Kuvira's Gambit is on tomorrow and we know she's gonna unleash her spirit weapon. I predict that we're gonna have this huge stand off with Kuvira's army against all of Republic Cities defenses, including the Fire Nation Army, and the Airbenders. I feel like they'll end up holding them off long enough, until Kuvira brings out the weapon to break past the defenses and enter Republic City.

Jesus, I don't even know what to say. What a fucking note to end on. The wait for the finale is already agonizing.

Oh god that cliffhanger. Now the wait starts.

The ends gonna be up to Korra. Because Kuvira will destroy everything else.

Let's take bets, who dies in the explosion?
I'm thinking one of the twins, and maybe Tenzin, Bumi, or Su. Mako did seem to be closest to the blast, but I just can't see them killing him off. I'll be impressed if they do though.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD KUVIRA IS FUCKING INSANE!
I knew a giant colossal mech was coming, but OH MY GOD. THAT ENDING! Kuvira is fucking insane! She just fired the weapon towards the factory KNOWING Baatar Jr was in there! I swear she's crazier than Azula! I just hope everyone made it out alive and PLEASE OH PLEASE tell me that Asami, Varrick, and Zhu Li managed to get a few dragon fly humming bird mechs running and out of there! ALSO KAI!!! NOW WHERE IS MY KAINORA KISS!?

I'm not really surprised that Kuvira did what she did since she didn't look affectionate toward Bataar Jr. during their moments, so it might have been possible that B Jr.'s love was one sided or Kuvira's willing to destroy anything for the sake of taking Republic City.

Going with the former situation, Kuvira could have just used B Jr.'s love as a way to make him devoted to her in every way possible.

If everyone does manage to make it alive (I hope so), I think it would be possible that Bataar Jr. might change sides.

I haven't been this excited during an episode of Korra in a while. And I expect I'll be more excited next week.

First off, Iroh's back! Though he didn't do much. And finally Wu shows some initiative. He just might make a decent leader yet.

I think I remember someone mentioning Kuvira knew Zhu Li had the information of the attack, so it is good to see it incorporated into the episode. The giant mech seemed a bit silly (the size at least), but it makes sense considering Kuvira's options and the fact that she wants to display her power as much as possible. I never got the sense that she loved Baatar Jr., at least not in the same way Baatar loved her. And it was evidenced in this episode (aside from her blowing him up) when he said he loved her, Kuvira didn't answer likewise. If Baatar survived, he's definitely going to change sides. And I'm interested in their interaction should they meet again.

Speaking of survivors, I don't think nor want everyone in that building to survive. I think this show's at a point where at least a couple of these characters should die. It would be ridiculous if everyone survived. And if any died, it's a nice way to do it because it keeps us guessing.

So close to see Varrick and Zhu Li get together! Maybe next week. I liked that Zhu Li stood her ground. You tell him!

My favorite part of the episode was the airship scene, and the confusion at the air temple afterwards.

Next week is going to be bitter-sweet.

Just want to mention that normally at 12 am Saturday, Nickelodeon posts a sneak peak on their website, though I hope instead of a sneak peak, we get a Book 4 Finale trailer.

UPDATE:
Preview reveals everyone survived.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Preview reveals everyone survived.

I saw the clip, and I couldn't believe it. We all know Kuvira would do anything to unite her empire, so her firing on them wasn't much of a shock to me. And them surviving doesn't take away from the impact of her choice. However, all of them surviving does affect my view of this "super weapon". It can destroy city blocks and warships in the blink of an eye, but it can't harm people? The characters aren't even harmed (save Baatar Jr. seemingly, and the "wounded" as Korra says), and we saw them get lifted by the blast. They're all fine, with not a scratch on them. I can buy Bolin holding a wall up, I expected someone to do something like that. But it's still unbelievable that no one was seriously injured from a weapon so devastating.

In the episode's defense, though, I haven't seen it. So I don't know what the full context of the clip is. I don't know if someone besides Bolin was helping, or the true extent of anyone's injuries. So my thoughts about this can certainly change, and I hope they do. But if the clip is all there is to tell about this, then I think it's careless on the writers' part, as much as I hate to say that.

According to an inside source, we can confirm a few things.

-The ending is happy, awesome, satisfying, sentimental, sad, and exciting.
-Asami has a significant role.
-Zhu Li will do some things.
-There's a great team effort from Team Avatar to defeat Kuvira.
-There's a small time skip at the end.
-There IS romance in both episodes.
-Action and character heavy.
-A few loose ends.

ugh I love Kuvira so much and I am so nervous about the finale ;__; I am so excited to watch it (it goes up at midnight tonight!) but the idea that it's all going to be over after that is so unsettling to me.

I'm thankful that it's coming out early (and even more thankful that I heard about) since I'll be traveling all day tomorrow. Looks like I can spend the next 38 minutes preparing my eyes. u_u

my life is going to be so empty after tonight. vv

OH MY GOD THE FINALE!!! THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!!

-AWESOME TEAM EFFORT TO TAKE DOWN KUVIRA'S MECH. Everyone played a big role from Mako and Bolin to Lin and Suyin.
-Meelo omg yes! He was useful! He came up with a plan to take out Kuvira's sight by using paint balls on the mech's windows. As smart as it was for Meelo, sadly it didn't work.
-The action was just unbelievably epic!
-HIROSHI RETURNS! He helps build plasma saws on the humming bird mechs and this allows them to get into Kuvira's mech. Also he sadly dies. At least Asami forgives him before though.
-VARRICK AND ZHU LI GET MARRIED OH MY GOD YES! THE PROPOSAL AND JUST OMG!
-New spirit portal, but Republic City has taken HEAVY damage. Raiko plans to expand the city rather than rebuilding downtown.
-Prince Wu ends the monarchy and decided each state should be independent and elect its own leaders. VERY smart. Very happy with everything Wu did.
-KORRASAMI ENDING OH MY GOD. THE FUCKING ENDING IS THEM GOING INTO THE SPIRIT PORTAL HOLDING HANDS. I honestly wish it was ALL of Team Avatar with no endgame ships between them, but still IMPLIED KORRASAMI YES. I'm actually happy they implied Korrasami for the fans!

Only complaint is NO KAINORA :(

i feel so emotionally conflicted inside. .__________________________________.

i just want to lie in bed and sit there until book five comes out and listen to oriental music while drinking jasmine tea .____.

I don't have much to say about it but:

I loved the Korrasami ending. Having a *nearly* canon queer relationship means so much to me.

I'm so happy.

It's totally a Korrasami ending. And not gonna lie it seems kinda pandery. It came out of nowhere really. "It came from season 3" No that's the part that came out of nowhere. It honestly felt like there was missing piece. It was the third season at that point and it started ludicrously high with no build up. If the neutral to bff transition is in the game or something then I'll retroactively ship it until then aii. They could at least showed some courage and had the kiss if they were sincere I mean there has been major pole shifts lately so, they would be good. Maybe idk. It was pretty clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom