• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Legend of the Guardians: The Shadow Chronicles

LightShadow

Finalize! Black Ace!
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a fanfiction, so I'll appreciate any advice. I'll also use Dragon user X's idea to have the characters answer questions, since this will be handy for subjects that aren't in the storyline. So it begins.

----------
Prologue

To understand who the Guardians are, you must go back to the beginning of The Guardians of the Ancients, which is a secret organization founded billions of years ago by Vag. The Guardians of the Ancients was created to preserve pieces of history, those pieces are artifacts and records. Yet there are those who oppose the Guardians, they are The Tar’sorith. The Tar’sorith wish to use powerful relics from the past for their evil purposes. You will learn more about them later in the story. For now we will focus on Shadow, a being who was cursed with the power to control something evil, but uses it for good. Little did he know that his actions would change the futures of those around him. So begins our tale.

He ran. He had been running through this world of darkness for what seemed like hours. He was pursued by creatures the went unseen in the darkness. Out of nowhere, a giant mouth with razor sharp teeth smashed into the ground where he had just been. As he continued, he was met with a giant fist that launched him through the air. He skidded and came to a stop, and was able to leap aside just as another mouth snapped at him. He stood there, before him were three beasts, each two stories in height. “You can not escape the darkness.” The first beast growled. At this, he awoke. He was sitting on a hillside. His name was Shadow. Shadow glanced around, and shivered at the memory of the dream. He then got up and continued on his search.

Last edited:
It's looking good, but that's a rather short prologue to say the least. However, it's well written, which is more than I can say for some fics here *not looking at anyone* Keep it going! And the characters-answering-questions thing? Not my idea. I got it from Dragonfree on SPPf, and I don't know where she got it from.

It's short because its main purpose is to introduce Shadow. More coming soon, and don't worry, it'll be longer.

Here's the first chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 1: Rise of Darkness

Shadow stood on the edge of a giant fissure in the ground. “I’ve finally found it.” He breathed. “After so long, I’ve found Dark Abyss.” He began to descend on one side. Dark Abyss measured more than eight kilometers wide and more than fifty kilometers long. It has never been discovered how deep it is. Shadow reached a small ledge. At the back of the ledge was a small cave, and at the end of the cave was a reinforced metal door.

A quick burst of darkness fried the circuitry and forced the door open. He stepped into a long hall. The hall’s ceiling and walls were adorned with carvings that told the tales of days long past. Shadow glanced around and moved down the hall. He ducked into a corner and cloaked himself with darkness as someone approached. It was a large, humanoid reptile. It stopped and flicked its tongue as it looked around. Its eyes rested momentarily on the corner where Shadow was hiding. It then continued on its way. Shadow stepped out and began to make his way down the hall again.

After several more minutes with no more encounters, he arrived at a door with the words Storage Room on it. He placed his ear to the door, and after hearing nothing, opened it. The room was dark, which wasn’t a problem for Shadow, as he could see clearly in darkness. He walked down long rows of shelves, and located a book titled Legend of the Three Destroyers. Shadow flipped through it, then moved out of the storage room.

He heard a slight scratching sound behind him. The next instant he was on the ground under a mass of scales. “Thiz one iz not so easy to fool.” The reptile hissed. Shadow reacted quickly, rolling and kicking the saurian away. It hit the wall with a loud thud. Shadow didn’t notice any of this, he continued to roll, and came to his feet facing this new threat. “That waz a good move, but it will take more than that to beat thiz one.” It said while sissing.

Shadow took a moment to study who he was facing. It looked like it was part of the Barabel species, and it appeared to be male. The Barabels were known as great hunters. They had tough, dark colored scales. “Who are you?” Shadow asked.

The Barabel sissed even more at this. “It iz not you who should be asking the questionz, but very well. Thiz one’z name iz Tsar.”

Shadow began to back up, he needed to get to the exit, then he would be home free. Tsar saw this and began to follow.

“And who would you happen to be?” Tsar asked.

“That’s not important.” Shadow replied, “What is important is that…” He caught sight of a blur in his peripheral vision just before he felt a sharp pain in his back. He collapsed on the floor as the world went black.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom