• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: The Legend of Unova: Marshal's Quest (Chapter Two Added)

HexagonStephen

Offline for a while
Reaction score
Well, this is my first fan-fiction, I hope you like it.

Writer's Notes: I had actually come up with this story a while ago. I can't remember exactly where I got the inspiration from, but I got it from somewhere. Also, I'll add in a

Contents:
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two

The Legend of Unova: Marshal's Quest

Prologue: Attack on Plasma Castle! The Princess is Gone!​

“I don’t know. I just have a weird feeling about today. As if something is going to happen… Something terrible,” said a guard. “Do you really think so? It could be nothing, like last time” said another guard.

It was a clear, sunny day at Plasma castle, and the Plasma Guards were doing their daily rounds. Although it seemed just like any other day, there was an ominous sensation in the air. This made most of the castle inhabitants very nervous, including the king.

Suddenly, a dark cloud appeared on the horizon. It seemed like any other storm cloud, but it was more. It had a certain power surrounding it, one that no one at Plasma Castle could ignore. As the cloud approached the castle, the feeling of dread grew stronger. Thunder and lightning crashed from the cloud, and the guards became worried.

When the storm cloud was above the castle, a very large and dark figure could be seen in the midst of the electricity. The guards determined it to be the monster, Zekrom.

The guards were instructed by their caption, Hilbert, to protect the castle from the monster at all costs. As the Plasma guards are preparing to fight the monster, a fog overlaps the castle grounds. A cackle can be heard coming from the fog, as a figure approaches the castle. “I would know that laugh from anywhere,” said Captain Hilbert, “It must be her. That witch, Shauntal!”

Hundreds of ghost-like monsters burst from the fog cloud. “Ohoho!! Yes, storm the castle! Find that princess for the dark king!” said Shauntal. She commanded her army of Ghost monsters to attack the castle, using her special book, the Ghostnomicron, she controlled the minds of the Ghost monsters.

“Now that they are all confused, go find the princess, Cofagrigus! Bring her to me!” commanded Shauntal. Cofagrigus searched throughout the castle until she came upon the princess’ sleeping chamber. Cafagrigus put the princess inside of her body, to carry her away.

Cofagrigus returned with her captive. “We have what we came for! Retreat, now! Ohohoho!!” cackled Shauntal. As all of the monsters left the castle, a guard went to inform the king about the kidnapping.

“My king, the princess has been stolen!”
“What?! Why didn’t you protect her?!”
“My liege, I-I tried! We all did! There was nothing we could do.”
“I see…”
“Sire?”
“Alert the captains, I want her found! Do whatever it takes! Search all over the region!”
“Yes, king Ghetsis!”
“And, send out a notice, I am willing to hire someone to help find her. I am sure there is at least one warrior in this kingdom that can find her.”
“Yes, sir!”

The guard left to inform the others about the king’s orders. The king sits alone in his throne room, sulking over the loss of his daughter. “Hopefully, there is someone out there who can help. A hero. That’s what I need.” He said.

So, the next morning, a message was given out asking the need of the greatest warrior in Unova to help rescue the princess. Many warriors answered the call, but none of them were strong enough for the quest.

To be continued...​

Last edited:
Re: The Legend of Unova: Marshal's Quest

Ghetsis actually... cares?
And where's N? You dare turn N into a woman? D:

The roles aren't the exact same as the games!

Chapter 1: The Beginnings of a Nuvema Hero! Marshal Starts His Quest!​

It was a quiet summer's day in Nuvema village. The Pidove were singing, the Patrat were scampering about; it was a very peaceful day. The farmers were worker at their fields, as usual. Many of the Bouffalant were plowing the fields.

"That's some fine work you've done today, Marshal." said Cedric, the farmer.
"Thank you, Cedric," replied Marshal, "I hope the fields will be ready in time for the harvest!"

Cedric was the local farmer in Nuvema Village. He owned the largest piece of land in the village. Marshal was one of the workers on the farm, and the best one. Even though Marshal loved working on the farm, he had always wanted something more out of life. It was his dream to become a knight for Plasma Castle, and serve Lord Ghetsis directly. Cedric supported Marshal's dream, but always had a bad feeling about it.

Cedric and Marshal were interrupted when a girl from the village ran up to them. "Marshal! Marshal! Come quick! Lady Juniper wants to see you!" she exclaimed.
"You mean the sorceress, on the outskirts of the village?" asked Marshal.
"Yes! She needs to see you now!"

Marshal rushed to Juniper's sanctuary to see what she wanted. As he approached her home, Juniper greeted him outside. Juniper was a magical creature researcher. She would often spend her time studying magical creatures, and their powers. Marshal, along with everyone else in the village, thought highly of Juniper.

"Marshal! I am so glad you could meet me!" said Juniper.
"Yes, it's good to see you, too." replied Marshal, "What did you need to see for about?"
"Oh, yes, that. Please, come into my home." said Juniper.

Marshal followed Juniper back into her sanctuary, which was cluttered with papers and books about Magical Creatures and other Monsters. She lead him to a table in another room and told him to wait there. She left the room for a few minutes, then returned with a scroll in her hands.

"Marshal, I'm sure you've heard the news about the princess at Plasma Castle, correct?" she asked.
"Of course! How couldn't I? It is a very terrible development." he answered, "First, these monsters start to cause havoc all over the kingdom, and now this. I wonder how Lord Ghetsis is taking it."
"Apparently, he is desperate. He is looking to hire someone to help rescue his daughter, for a very large reward, no less." she said.
"Who is he looking to hire?"
"Anyone who is willing to help. The princess was taking by Shauntal."
"You mean that witch that--"
"Yes, her." she interjected.
"What would she want with the princess?"
"That's what I want to know, and I am sure Lord Ghetsis feels the same way."
"You said he was looking to hire someone to help. Is that why you called me here? Do you think I could help?"
"Marshal, I believe you are more than capable." Juniper replied, "I know you've been training very hard to become a Plasma Knight. I think this is how you can prove yourself."
"Well, yes, but I--"
"Of course, it won't be easy. You will need help."
"Help? From who?"
"There are many powerful warriors across this kingdom. I am sure one of them will assist you on your journey."
"Where might I find these--"
"I suggest you go to Striaton Village. There are three wise men there that may be able to help you."
"Wait! Let me at least think about this!" Marshal shouted.

Marshal took a moment to gather his thoughts: What does she think I can do? Could I really save the princess, or do anything to help? And why is she trying so hard to coax me into going on this quest?

After thinking about it, Marshal finally made a decision. He stood up from the table and said, "I've made up my mind! I will go on this journey, and prove myself!"

Juniper gave Marshal the scroll with the information about the princess on it, and a map of the Unova Kingdom. Marshal thanked her and bid her farewell as he rushed back to his home to collect some supplies for his journey.

As Marshal was packing his bag, and preparing for departure, Cedric walked in.

"So, I heard that you decided to try to find her." he said.
"Yes, Cedric. I am sorry to leave on such short notice, but I must do this." said Marshal.
"Ha ha! It's alright, Marshal. I know that you have to do this. We'll get by without you. It's just, you know we're going to miss you."
"Heh. I know, Cedric." Marshal stood up to talk see Cedric, but he had already left.

When Marshal finally left on his journey, everyone from the village came to see him off. Everyone except Cedric. This upset Marshal a bit, but he had more important matters to attend to.

Now, his quest begins.

To be continued...​

Re: The Legend of Unova: Marshal's Quest (Chapter One Added)

Not bad. I say the first chapter is an improvement over the prologue.

Re: The Legend of Unova: Marshal's Quest (Chapter One Added)

Chapter 2: On the Road to Striaton! Something's Wrong in Accumula!​

Marshal rushed down Route 1, eager to arrive at Striaton Village as soon as possible. He ran through the tall grass, and dodged all the creatures that jumped out at him. Up ahead, he could see the outskirts of Accumula Village. However, there was something amiss. Usually, you can find many of the villages running about into and out of the village, but no one was there. Only two Plasma Guards standing in front of the gate.

"Halt! Hey, you! You can't just go running into the village!" said one Guard.
"We need some identification, sir." said the second.
"Identification? What for?!" Marshal replied.
"The village is under tight security, now. We can't let just anyone in. Royal decree from Lord Ghetsis himself!" explained the Guard.
"I suppose this has to do with the princess' kidnapping."
"What do you know of it?"
"Only what anyone else would know."
"Don't tell me... You're going to try and 'rescue' her? Bahaha!!"
"Yes! What's wrong with that?"
"Let me guess: you're trying to become a knight, aren't you?"
"So what if I am?"
"Hehe... Nothing. Listen, you look harmless enough. I suppose I can let you in. Just don't tell anyone!"

The Guards opened the gates to the village, and let Marshal pass. Inside the village, it was very quiet. No one was outside, no magical creatures were scampering around. There was nothing. This made Marshal feel uneasy. Where is everyone? he thought, This doesn't seem right.

He kept walking through the village, until he saw a large group of people gathered in the center of town. He went over to the crowd to see what the commotion was about. A Plasma Castle Knight Captain was giving a speech, explaining the princess' kidnapping.

"At this time, we do not know where the princess has been taken." he said, "All we know is that it may be the work of the Dark King."

The villagers began to raise a fuss in the crowd.

"The Dark King?"
"Is he behind it?"
"Surely, he didn't leave his fortress!"

The knight continued: "Yes, we suspect it was His doing, but He was not the one that kidnapped the princess. It was the witch, Shauntal."

Marshal was a bit confused. He had heard of the Dark King, everyone had, but he did not know about Shauntal. Though, few people do.

The knight continued his speech, giving further details about the incident, and explaining how the Knights of Plasma are doing all they can to help. After the speech ended, the knights lined up in formation and marched away.

The crowd slowly dispersed, and everyone returned to their homes. Marshal, now alone in the village center, decided to head on his way. He was determined to make it to Striaton Village before nightfall.

As he approached the exit out of Accumula Village, to Route 2, Marshal felt a strange presence. As if something, or someone, was watching him.

Next stop, Striaton Village!

To be continued...​

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom