• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia [ENDGAME: 05/09]

What voting system would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In fairness I don't think OC ever dissapeared from my games, I always thought it was the norm :p

And cheers Darth :)

So! Shall we start some serious discussing or is this still a joke phase?
I kinda gotta agree with Pod here. I've got no problem with actually trying to get serious from as early as you want, but you're just talking without actually doing anything. It makes you feel non-committal.
Why didn't you vote him? If it's the the only correct option?
Because one vote on someone not in the game is funny, two is asinine.

DekuNut seems to be active today and I always see him inactive.

Nothing wrong with questioning Deku's vote, but how come you didn't question mine?

I picked a person at random to vote and see if I would get a reaction from them. Trying to drum up conversation by picking anyone--that being said, it's a semi-serious vote. As serious as D1 can be.

Normally when I see a player responding back to a vote they got, that player turns out to be town and town do need to defend themselves. From what I have seen so far, it looks like most of the players are still at rvs.

Pretty much yeah
TBF TheCapsDorf doesn't sound that bad.

I picked a person at random to vote and see if I would get a reaction from them. Trying to drum up conversation by picking anyone--that being said, it's a semi-serious vote. As serious as D1 can be.

This is actually something I never thought about in my many years of playing. Like, I've always believed that D1 is important for later game to check reactions, voting patterns, and the like, but I've never really seen a justification for the usefulness of D1 like this. I kinda like it.

DekuNut seems to be active today and I always see him inactive.

I choose to believe that because activity levels can change on a game to game basis, they are mostly NAI.

TBF TheCapsDorf doesn't sound that bad.
It's better than some of the other alternatives, but I think it works slightly better with JInjo. But that's just me.
We should put this to a vote. Who do you guys think has the Dorfiest name?
Special shoutout to Contrainer for having the best Twinrova name (Controva, anyone?)

I choose to believe that because activity levels can change on a game to game basis, they are mostly NAI.
This. I'm really cutting back on how much I'm playing mafia, which I'm hoping will keep my motivation high for those games I do play, leading to activity.

All right did a quick readthrough of the like two total pages of this game so far. Moving on from Ex
Unvote: ExLight
I found these two posts the actual closest to dislike I've seen so far:
Meeeeh, I wasn't insisting on anyone to actually do that. But if you want a big mind clash, you got it.

Sooooo, I get trying to find a scum early on, but we're all in the same ***t, man. You moved immidiately from the joke phase to the serious one and not just suggested it like I did. It seems to me like you have quickly attached to the very first thing you considered scummy.

Which is typically how you play, but still, it's a liiiiiiiitle agressive, pal.

I'm afraid not anymore...

Hold on, are you voting him because he approves of quickly moving to the actuall game? Hmmm, sounds vaguelly familiar...

VOTE: Contrainer
FoS: Megapod
The original idea of pushing for the seriousness to start but not doing anything to make it happen is one thing. But this post just makes it worse in my eyes. Not only does he bite back at Mega for a reasonable point, but he throws suspicion onto him despite admitting this to be his meta, and this being a point in the game where reasonable suspicion is hard to come by. Not only that, but he doesn't even vote Mega. This is very similar to his earlier post Mega questioned him for; throwing the shade around but not doing it. Just getting the idea into peoples heads without committing too hard.

Because there was already basis for Luminary's vote (as in one what I said before), no need to question something I already figured. Of course I knew yours was a joke but I didn't know if there was somehow some reasoning for Jinjo in particular.
I do find it weird why you would think there was any in-game reasoning at all when my vote was the second post in the game, and you literally had a guess for my reasoning at the same time as you asked it. "No need to question something I figured" my ass.
Also, for Luminary, they did provide their reasoning... after you'd already questioned me about my vote and neglected to question them.
Something just seems off about this.

I came into this post expecting to vote for Spy, but it seems Space has caught my eye more at the moment. So...
Vote: Space
IGMEOY: Lazy Spy

(For anyone wondering why I IGMEOY'd but don't like to FoS, to me FoSing just feels like a noncomittal announcement to the world. Like a denouncement in civilization. It doesn't mean all that much in the long term and is often forgotten quickly unless you intend to begin open warfare in the neat future. In comparison, IGMEOY is a pointed message to the person, telling them specifically that they need to shape up or they could be voted for soon).

I do find it weird why you would think there was any in-game reasoning at all when my vote was the second post in the game, and you literally had a guess for my reasoning at the same time as you asked it. "No need to question something I figured" my ass.
Also, for Luminary, they did provide their reasoning... after you'd already questioned me about my vote and neglected to question them.
Something just seems off about this.

Eh, not "in-game reasoning" perse more just wanting some general input, I don't see the difference of it over a random joke vote. Also it WAS different considering I said Luminary gave a like and mentioned how it was difficult to get serious in the game yet-that was reasoning over just the vote you gave. Honestly I'm not even sure why I'm specifically being "off" for not questioning things when I asked just 1 question, which wasn't even serious to begin with.

Eh, not "in-game reasoning" perse more just wanting some general input, I don't see the difference of it over a random joke vote. Also it WAS different considering I said Luminary gave a like and mentioned how it was difficult to get serious in the game yet-that was reasoning over just the vote you gave. Honestly I'm not even sure why I'm specifically being "off" for not questioning things when I asked just 1 question, which wasn't even serious to begin with.
He talked about all that getting serious in a game stuff after it had been brought up. By that point it was a question. Traditionally, RVS starts off a game, as you already know, and so the first few posts of a game should honestly be assumed to be jokey rather than serious unless explicitly stated otherwise. It honestly shouldn't have been a question to begin with, and yet for some reason it was. I didn't think there was much to Ex's first post (nor would I think there was even if funnier were actually in this game). I imagine that's the same for most people.
The question also, while not necessarily phrased seriously, was kind of treated seriously afterwards. While that was originally by Luminary, it was by you as well in your responses, since apparently you did it because you wanted to make sure my vote was jokey. Meaning that you wanted to gain something from it, making it not really a joke. Therefore, it was a serious question.

I feel the need to antagonize Space more

He talked about all that getting serious in a game stuff after it had been brought up. By that point it was a question. Traditionally, RVS starts off a game, as you already know, and so the first few posts of a game should honestly be assumed to be jokey rather than serious unless explicitly stated otherwise. It honestly shouldn't have been a question to begin with, and yet for some reason it was. I didn't think there was much to Ex's first post (nor would I think there was even if funnier were actually in this game). I imagine that's the same for most people.
The question also, while not necessarily phrased seriously, was kind of treated seriously afterwards. While that was originally by Luminary, it was by you as well in your responses, since apparently you did it because you wanted to make sure my vote was jokey. Meaning that you wanted to gain something from it, making it not really a joke. Therefore, it was a serious question.

After it was brought up isn't relevant to my point, since I never would have questioned it myself seeing as it seemed entirely like a jokevote based on what Luminary had said in the same post they voted. There wasn't anything to ask.
It wasn't to make sure the vote was jokey since it clearly was, it was more to see how you would respond in general. Character claims are allowed in this game, maybe you were intending to get some kind of reaction from Jinjo, something like that. I didn't intend for it to be serious, but it could have lead to something.

If you're going to call my question serious, I'm going to ask you this: What makes my question, which was intended to prod some kind of information even if likely pointless, more suspicious than any joke vote?

d55e8639223bd844be370f4be3f47867082715f8.jpg

After it was brought up isn't relevant to my point, since I never would have questioned it myself seeing as it seemed entirely like a jokevote based on what Luminary had said in the same post they voted. There wasn't anything to ask.

It wasn't to make sure the vote was jokey since it clearly was, it was more to see how you would respond in general. Character claims are allowed in this game, maybe you were intending to get some kind of reaction from Jinjo, something like that. I didn't intend for it to be serious, but it could have lead to something.
All right, I'm kind of seeing where you're coming from now. My pointed suspicion has subsided for the moment.
Unvote
Time to move on to pressuring the next guy for information.
Vote: LazySpy

If you're going to call my question serious, I'm going to ask you this: What makes my question, which was intended to prod some kind of information even if likely pointless, more suspicious than any joke vote?
For one, joke votes aren't innately suspicious or unsuspicious this early on, in my eyes. It's like calling a question hearsay in court; there is no innate truth in a question. No statement of fact. Just as there is not in an early Day 1 joke vote. So that's why that would remain less suspicious. While I voted for Ex, that was more for a lack of other options; notice how the moment I had something to actually latch onto, the vote on him ceased to be relevant.
The thing that makes your question more suspicious is how you seem to dance around the point of it. Earlier, you mentioned that it wasn't serious, and yet now you say that there was a pointed reason to it. More than anything, that's what doesn't sit right with me now. However, everything outside that discrepancy seems to add up well enough, so I won't dwell on it much longer. There are plenty more scum in the game, and I think that this conversation has served its purpose of getting us both talking a fair amount.
And I've also run out of counterpoints.

OC is allowed?
OC is coming back!
That's weird. Luminary gave reasoning for (his? Hers?) vote, and you even liked that post, yet you haven't unvoted nor even replied to that post? All in all, your posts are a little bit CWAC-y.
I kinda gotta agree with Pod here. I've got no problem with actually trying to get serious from as early as you want, but you're just talking without actually doing anything. It makes you feel non-committal.
It was litelary the fourth post in the game, what could I do?
Vote someone randomly?
Mega jumped instantly into voting me, instead of IGMEOYing or FoSing me, or just qouting my post like you did.
So, I panicked, also because I already had a vote on me, which might have been a joke, but still, it counted.

Like a denouncement in civilization.

All right did a quick readthrough of the like two total pages of this game so far. Moving on from Ex
Unvote: ExLight
I found these two posts the actual closest to dislike I've seen so far:

The original idea of pushing for the seriousness to start but not doing anything to make it happen is one thing. But this post just makes it worse in my eyes. Not only does he bite back at Mega for a reasonable point, but he throws suspicion onto him despite admitting this to be his meta, and this being a point in the game where reasonable suspicion is hard to come by. Not only that, but he doesn't even vote Mega. This is very similar to his earlier post Mega questioned him for; throwing the shade around but not doing it. Just getting the idea into peoples heads without committing too hard.
It was just the start of the game... I am genuielly confused what kind of relevance could people expect from a fourth post in the game. Also, I won't repeat myself: I did not insist on anyone to quit the joke phase. I was just being curious. And I didn't vote Mega because Contrainer's post caught my attention first, but I was already panicking because of Mega, so I just wanted to warn him. Also, I didn't know the diffirence between FoSing and IMGOYing untill today (I didn't even know what IMGOYing is untill today), so...

UNFoS: MegaPod

It was litelary the fourth post in the game, what could I do?
Vote someone randomly?
Well, yes. As you said, it was the 4th post in the game. That's all that anyone could do to start moving out of RVS. And yet, rather than doing it yourself, you simply talked about it and wanted someone else to do it first, making you look afraid to commit to anything for fear of being tied to it later.

(For anyone wondering why I IGMEOY'd but don't like to FoS, to me FoSing just feels like a noncomittal announcement to the world. Like a denouncement in civilization. It doesn't mean all that much in the long term and is often forgotten quickly unless you intend to begin open warfare in the neat future. In comparison, IGMEOY is a pointed message to the person, telling them specifically that they need to shape up or they could be voted for soon).
I personally don't really see the difference between them, but whatever makes you happy.

Well, yes. As you said, it was the 4th post in the game. That's all that anyone could do to start moving out of RVS. And yet, rather than doing it yourself, you simply talked about it and wanted someone else to do it first, making you look afraid to commit to anything for fear of being tied to it later.
This is very true, I have no counterargument to this.

Back
Top Bottom