• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia [ENDGAME: 05/09]

What voting system would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
  • Calvinッ

Ongo Gablogian, the art collector
    Reaction score
    Pronouns
    1. He/Him
    WhoxDkyn8J6wqzy0OQ0goKW1zccqm90Nmmo6U4HxE5jbXruO8bfOVsUBTZ57KZlvztYOlFCPXY5mz92j17Tx7Vrn6s3cfflOvraNsKUILGkUtER_w8ZtZ8zNHIkeDQS69qTnHHyw

The history of the triforce stems back hundreds, possibly thousands of years. It is a relic left behind by the goddesses; Din who with her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land and created the red earth, Nayru who poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world, and finally Farore who with her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law.

Born of legend, the triforce is represented by three parts, three separate triangles. The Triforce of Power, the Triforce of Courage, and finally the Triforce of Wisdom.

Many years have passed since the creation of the world, and the goddesses leaving the triforce. In current times, it is rumoured to be in the Sacred Realm, although nobody has proof of this. Rumours have it that it is protected by sacred sages, although no one knows who, or even what these sages are.

This wouldn’t stop everyone however. The lone male Gerudo, Ganondorf, from the deserts of Hyrule, is in search of the Triforce. Although his true goal is not currently known, it seems almost obvious that he wants to use it to conquer Hyrule.

Another lone person from Hyrule, a child named Link has set off on his own quest, given to him by the Deku Tree of the Kokiri Forest. His quest to gather the three spiritual stones to open the sacred realm is almost complete. The last time he went to Hyrule Castle was to meet with Zelda, Princess of Hyrule, due to the Deku Tree’s wishes. This time however was to tell of the successes of his Journey.

However, on arrival to the moat of Hyrule Castle, the drawbridge came down suddenly and rushing out on a horse was Impa, and Zelda. Not having any time to talk Zelda threw an Ocarina into the moat of the castle. Before Link could process anything that had happened, Zelda had ridden off into the distance, and before him stood Ganondorf, on his dark horse. He asked Link where the two on horseback went. Link refusing to answer, clearly knowing the danger, unsheathed his sword which made Ganondorf laugh, “Pathetic little fool! Do you know who I am?! I am Ganondorf and soon I will rule the world!” firing a blast of dark magic at Link, before speeding off into the fields of Hyrule in an attempt to find Zelda and Impa.

Link remembered the Ocarina that Zelda had thrown into the moat, and on picking it up received a vision telling him to use it at the temple of time, and gain access to the sacred realm.

And that brings us to where we are now...

Hello TWR, and welcome to my latest game, this time based on my favourite game, Ocarina of Time!

1. All BMGf and TWR rules apply.

2. I will politely ask for at least 3 posts per day phase at the very least, to keep activity up. Recently TWR games have suffered from low activity. Unless they’re valid reasons as to why you cannot do this, your first time not having 3 posts a day will result in a warning, the second will be subbing you out, or if subs are not available, modkilling you unfortunately :( (So please keep activity up to avoid this!)

3. Outside Contact is allowed. I must be included in every type of OC (As well as if applicable, the MoD, unless they specify otherwise), whether it be in private messages on BMGf, or Discord, etc. It would be easier to have everything OC here on the forums, however if need be I am completely fine with any alternative methods.

4. The game follows a 24 hour night, and 48 hour day.

5. I will try to forewarn if I cannot update on time. This should not happen, however.

6. Do not loophole abuse, if you aren't sure on something PM me before you post anything elsewhere. You are allowed to tag me to say "Are we allowed to talk about ____" In thread.

7. You may not discuss win-cons. You may have more than one win-con.

8. No screenshots of Role PMs, not even fakes.

9. Roleclaims are allowed, as are fakeclaims (of course), Nameclaims are allowed, as the game consists of many minor characters too. For this reason, softclaims are allowed too.

The game will consist of 13 players.

If you do have any questions, or anything I may have missed, please do not hesitate to ask!

Last edited:
    Night 0 Start, role confirmation stage.

• And that is everyone! Thankyou all for joining. Role PMs will be sent shortly after this post. Some may take a while as i'm going to be slightly busy, so do not worry if you do not have one straight away.

With Jumanji mafia still in process, as well as Star Trek mafia, this game will start the same day one of them finish, or as soon I see the endgame post for either. With that being said, officially this is now Night 0, which is purely a role confirmation stage. It will stay this way until a game is finished.

Confirm your Role PMs whenever you see them, but refrain from posting anything gamewise until Day One actually starts. Again, thankyou for joining. :)

Day One Start

• As the morning crept up upon Hyrule, Link had managed to make it to the Temple of Time, unbeknowest to himself however, Ganondorf had suspicions about the boy he saw outside Hyrule Town, and thus followed him after losing sight of Zelda and Impa. It was relatively easy for him to pass through the town with no one stopping him, as with the king's trust he had the peoples. As well as being one of the scariest things to ever pass through the town. Dogs that would bark on sight at anyone they didn't know wouldn't even bark at Ganondorf in fear.

Most of the population of Hyrule had no idea what would be coming. Can they stop the coming tide of danger that is inevitable..?

It is now Day One, this phase will end around 48 hours from this posts timestamp. (However I will most likely be working at this time, so the update will come around 7-8 hours later, so 55-56 hours, as there is nothing I can do about working.
    Furthermore, we will be using the standard voting mechanic as (not counting AE's vote as they are not a player, sorry) it is tied 4/4, and the original plan was to use the standard one. Apologies to those who didn't get the option they wanted.

That is all, thankyou for joining and enjoy the game :)

Night One Start
  • I apologise i'm gonna have to make this one really quick, had a rough day at work and now i'm super tired, flavour will be back for EoN update. Sorry.

Dear ExLight,

You are The Fishing Hole Owner, Master of owning a fishing hole..?

To put it short and sweet, you don't really care too much about the current goings on in the land of Hyrule, at the end of the day you just want customers to keep your business going, and to feed you family. For this reason, you are the Survivor.

This is not all however, due to your expertise of running a game, you are also the Game Show Master. Once per night phase you may PM me a question to be broadcasted, and whoever answers the question will recieve a prize of your choosing. It will not be advertised that players have to answer the question however. It will just be put in bold at the end of the update phase, and then players can answer it if they notice it. You can not answer your own questions. To do this you will PM me the question, and then a prize from the following:

1x Watcher
    1x Tracker
    1x Detective
    1x Flavor Cop

As an example of your ability:

Question: How old is Calvin ッ
    Answer: 20
    Prize: 1x Detective

Should you run out of prizes, you may still ask questions, but the players will not gain anything. You may not make up your own answers, and your questions do not have to be Zelda related. If there is a problem with any question, I will let you know.

Finally, you are sided with yourself. You win if you survive to endgame.
    ExLight was Lynched, they were the Fishing Hole Owner, and they were sided with themselves.

It is now Night One, this phase will end 24 hours from this posts timestamp. You may still talk in thread and OC in the meantime.

Day Two Start

• "My liege, the Sacred Realm is still yet to be opened. Do you really think the boy is the key?"

Ganondorf sighs, "Do you really not have faith in me? I know what i'm doing. And yes, I am certain the boy is the key. Out of nowhere a young boy shows up and the Princess happens to know him, that is suspicious."

"Indeed..."

"No bother... we can wait a little longer, we've waited long enough after all. Another bit of time won't hurt. That being said we are still strong enough to make our first move. What do your sources tell you Twinrova?"

Twinrova seperates into Koume and Kotake, cackling before returning to their original form. "We think you might be happy with this one! Heh heh heh." They hand Ganondorf a letter, "This is the last known whereabouts for her, we're sure she is still nearby.

"Heh... Is the Princess with her?" Ganondorf says with a sly smile.

"We do not think so."

Ganondorf laughs, "Heh, this is good enough. Kill her, no questions asked. Send someone else, I don't want us getting our hands dirty too soon.

The witches cackled, "Of course..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't long until news reached Ganondorf of the death of someone very close to the heart of the resistance he was putting up against.

Dear TheCapsFan,

You are Impa, The Sage of Shadow.

You were raised in Kakariko Village, village of the Sheikah race. Until you were handchosen to be the handmaiden (and therefore guardian) of Princess Zelda. After you left Kakariko Village, Hyrule Castle was your new home. You are also the sage of shadow, and you play a very important role in the possible future sealing of Ganondorf. You are the protecter of Zelda, and most of the time as a child she would not be seen without you keeping a watchful eye over her. In current times you have escaped Hyrule Castle and the clutches of Ganondorf with Zelda. And now you keep your identity hidden aswell. With your protective nature, aswell as rarely leaving Zelda's side, you are the Sidekick, your role ability is as follows:

Redirect: Target
    Using this ability will allow you to redirect any actions onto your target, back onto you. This includes kills too.

With that being said, sided with the Town, you win when all opposing forces to the town are destroyed.

TheCapsFan was killed, they were sided with the Town.

It is now Day Two, this phase will end 48 Hours from this posts timestamp.

PS. Cyber Wolf has told me they have internet issues but should be back for Day Two, if they do not meet the post criteria they will be subbed out, or Modkilled if that is not possible.

Night Two Start

• In Ganondorf's Lair...

"Koume and Kotake, tell me, how did our hunt go?" Ganondorf leaned back in his chair.

"Very well liege, the handmatron of the Princess is dead."

Ganondorf was shocked, but then laughed, "She wasn't as strong as she seemed."

"Indeed, but we come with bad news aswell. The people of Hyrule, they're starting some form of army. A resistance if you will..." Twinrova replied.

Ganondorf's smile dropped instantly, and stroked his beard, agitated he shouted. "A resistance? Thats futile, do they not know who I am?!"

Twinrova cackled, "Of course, it is futile. But you know what they are like. They wont go down without a fight. We lost one of our troops to them, the mindwarped Gerudo we had, we aren't sure what happened but they never reported back at the end of the day. We can only assume that they go-"

"Quiet! Do you really think I care about one of my troops? We have thousands of them. I don't care about a single troop. They are all pawns to me. All that matters is that we survive. I have promised you power, as you have for me, and I will fulfill that promise. The boy is the key, i'm sure. We move out at dusk, we need to set up camp closer to the town."

"But what of the people there."

"Do not be stupid, they are nothing compared to me. The civilians have never seen me in the flesh either, any trouble will be disposed of."

"And what of the Princess?"

"In due time Twinrova, in due time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Contrainer,

You are an Iron Knuckle, Gerudo Warrior

You are a Gerudo Warrior covered head to toe in armour. Brainwashed by Twinrova, your job is to protect Ganondorf in any way you can, for this reason, you are the 1x Bodyguard. Once per game you may use this ability as follows:

Bodyguard: Name

This will make you take any kills for the target you have chosen, essentially taking the bullet for them. You may use this once a game during the night phase.

You are sided with Ganon's Forces, you win when the Town is destroyed, or where the numbers of the Mafia > Town.

You will be given another PM with the Mafia Chat shortly.

Contrainer was lynched. They were sided with the Ganon's Forces (Mafia)

It is now Night Two, this phase will end 24 hours from this posts timestamp.

Day Three Start
  • In the Temple of Time, Link approached the pedestal for the master sword. After listening to Navi he had waited long enough for the time to retrieve the sword.

After pulling the heavy sword out, a blue aura surrounded link before freezing him in place.

Unbeknown to him however, he was not currently worthy of holding such great power, and was frozen in stasis for seven years in place. He had opened the door to the sacred realm by doing this too, where the triforce resided.

Ganondorf had waited for this moment, and entered the Sacred Realm, as Link had gotten the spiritual stones aswell as opened the realm for him. In the Sacred Realm he found what he had searched for for so long with no avail. The Triforce.

However, things were still unknown to Ganondorf. The Triforce required a weilder who was of pure and equal heart, which Ganondorf was not. This split the Triforce into three, with Ganondorf getting the power from it. Just as he desired.

Seven years passed, before Link was unfrozen in place, to reveal that his soul was in stasis, but not his body.

In this time Hyrule town had become almost unrecognisable, Ganondorf's forces covered everywhere even outside of the town. Hyrule Castle was no more, instead Ganondorf's castle had replaced it.

The world was in demise.

Dear DekuNut,

You are Dampe, The Gravedigger.

Based in Kakariko Village's graveyard, you are in charge of making sure the graves are kept tidy, and in turn making sure no danger comes to them. Because of your expertise knowledge in gravedigging, you are the Forensic Investigator. Each night you may choose a dead player, to see who targeted them. You will not be given the name of the player who killed them, nor what action they were targeted with.

For example:
    Forensic Investigate: Calvin
    Calvin was targeted by Player 1, Player 4, and Player 2

The only other way you can provide any use to town is with your vote.

With that being said, sided with the Town, you win when all opposing forces to the town are destroyed.
    DekuNut was Killed, they were sided with the Town.

It is now Day Three, this phase will end 48 hours from this posts timestamp.

Day Four Start

• again sorry for no flavour ;-;

Dear Space,

You are Young Zelda, Princess of Hyrule!

You are the daughter of the king of Hyrule, and naturally this makes you the Princess of Hyrule. You are a very smart and benevolent person. Your smartness is shown in various points of the Ocarina of Time game, however as a young princess where this is shown most is when you could tell that something was 'Off' about Ganondorf, this is due also to the prophetic dreams that you have. In the current time period you have managed to escape from the chase of Ganondorf, and are currently somewhere hidden in Hyrule. A future holder of the Triforce of Wisdom, your current abilities are as follows:

Check: Name
    This will allow you to check the alignment of any target you have chosen, you may do this every night phase.

Should Link retrieve the Master Sword, you will gain the following ability: the ability to transform into Sheik. As Sheik you lose your alignment checker, and this is instead replaced with;
    Voyeur: Name
    This will allow you to see what abilities were done on your target, but not who did them.
    Passively, as Sheik, you return all investigative actions on you as just a Null read.

The Master Sword has been retrieved. Your role PM has changed.

You are Princess Zelda, Princess of Destiny.

Your Check ability has been upgraded to RoleCop.

Alternatively, you can turn into Sheik into the night phase using Transform. As Sheik you have the following abilities. You may use these the same night you transform, and for the night you transformed in, you will act as Sheik for the same night, returning all investigative actions as No Result, as well as the Voyeur ability.

Voyeur: Name
    This will allow you to see what abilities were done on your target, but not who did them.
    Passively, as Sheik, you return all investigative actions on you as just a Null read.

Your wincon has not changed.

Space has been killed, they were sided with the town.

It is now Day Four, this phase will end 48 hours from this posts timestamp.

Night Four

• Dear Jinjo,

You are Ganondorf, the Gerudo King.

Descendent of Demise, your goal is to take control of the entire Triforce. You know it is in the Sacred Realm, and now you await a young boy, Link, to take the open the gateway to the sacred realm for you. You don't care how you get it, or what you must go through. What matters to you is that it will be yours.

In current times, you have chased the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda, and her caretaker Impa out of Hyrule Castle. Yet until you actually take over, the King believes you are actually loyal to him, considering you pledged your loyalty to him. Of course this was a ploy, but until you take over Hyrule, you are the Godfather. This will make cop checks return you as a townsided player. However, time will pass and you will take over, so if at any point Link retrieves the Master Sword, you will lose your Godfather perk, and gain a 1x Strongman.

It goes without saying, but Ganondorf is one of the strongest forces in the entire history of Hyrule, and for this reason you also have a Nightkill you share with your team. You can execute someone by simply PMing me Kill:Name.

You are sided with Ganon's Forces, you win when the Town is destroyed, or where the numbers of the Mafia > Town.

You will be given another PM with the Mafia Chat shortly.

Jinjo was lynched, they were sided with the mafia.

It is now Night Four, this phase will end 24 hours from this posts timestamp.

Small bits of flavour should be back next phase to keep the game a little more interesting.

Day Five Start

• Dear LazySpy,

70fAYpB-vhCXzPoMLZOZu4KDZzkJZTTuzeZcmAABr3tiHOgWJdZ04QsISQTSQdB3dZe7-_vbeUS3ykz8jdbGI6KXnmk70Re1egxYtRKjyNOcamsD-aBZu6hmzWZWHPc19FkdywbV

You are Child Link!

Not much is known about the history of Link, as his tale starts being left by his mother to the care of the Deku Tree, in the Kokiri Forest as an infant. Years have passed since this time, and unbeknowest to yourself until recently, you are not a Kokiri, as you have lived your life. Apparently, other Kokiri have known this, such as Mido or Saria. Having taken on the parasite Gohma inside the Deku Tree, as well as traversing through the dangerous Dodongo Cavern, in order to protect the Gorons, up to entering the belly of a large whale, Lord Jabu-Jabu, all in order to gain the three spiritual stones that open the door to the sacred realm. For a young boy you have done more than most people of Hyrule will achieve.

However, this is not the end of the story. In present times you stand before the Master Sword, the sword that will banish all evil. Only those worthy of the title Hero of Time can weild this weapon however. With this in mind, you only have a single ability.

At any point during the night phase, you can message me with the phrase Retrieve Master Sword. This will allow you to gain more abilities. Until then this is all you can do. Whatever night phase you do retrieve the master sword, will force commute you for that night as you are in stasis, making all actions fail on you. However, when you retrieve the master sword, as well as giving yourself new abilities, you also give the Mafia new abilities.

You retrieved the Master Sword, your role has changed.

You are Link, The Hero of Time.

Opening the sacred realm and retrieving the Master Sword has given you the following abilities.

1x Kill: Name
    Using the power of the Master Sword, you may vigilante kill a selected target in the night phase.
    1x Lens of Truth: Statement
    Using this gives you a Lie Detector, you cannot use on statements that mention team. "I am Town" will not be able to be scanned with the Lens of Truth.
    1x Light Arrow: Name
    Simply put, this roleblocks your target.

Your wincon remains the same.

Rubik was killed, they were sided with the town.

Dear MegaPod,

You are Pierre, The Wandering Scarecrow

You are a scarecrow, self titled the Wandering Scarecrow, searching for soul moving sounds accross Hyrule. This is a solid idea, except you're a scarecrow so you can't really move. Located in Lake Hylia, you are waiting for a tune that moves your soul, that is until Link came and showed you this tune. In present time, you are with your new favourite sounding song, you are still stuck in Lake Hylia, but that won't stop you trying to help out against the threat, since you owe Link a small debt. For that reason, you are the 1x Jailkeeper. Once a game during the night phase, you may PM me with the following:

Party with: Name

This will distract your selected target with the sound of music, thus rendering any attack or action on them useless rendering a "no result" on the target, as they will be with you the entire night partying to your tune. With this being said though, this will also block your target from using their role, if applicable, since again, they will be partying with you all night.

MegaPod was also killed, they were sided with the town.

It is now Day Five, this phase will end in 48 hours from this posts timestamp.

Apologies for the delay, I've recently ran into some housing problems so my time hasn't been that well spent. Hopefully things return to normal by the 7th.

ENDGAME

• Dear Lone_Garurumon,

You are Twinrova, the Sorceress Sisters

Surrogate mothers of Ganondorf, you are two 400 year old twin witches, who secretly lead the Gerudo Tribe. You have survived so long using your powers of magic to keep you alive. You are one of the few life forms in all of Hyrule to actually advocate Ganondorfs doings, and will do anything in your power to help him.

Due to being two sisters joined into one, you have the following abilities:

By using Kotake's powers, you can Freeze: Name to roleblock one person every night phase.
    Otherwise, you can use Koume's witch powers to Follow: Name a target during the night, to see what ability they use, but not who they use it on.

You may only use one of these abilities per night.

Lone_Garurumon was lynched, they were sided with the Mafia.

This means the town has won! Congratulations!

Below are the town role PMs, as well as a few questions I would love you guys to answer (If you want!)

Dear Pika_pika42, funnier6

You are Keapora Gaebora, Guider of Link.

Not much is known about you in present times, you are seen multiple times throughout the Ocarina of Time game, and each time you are seen you are giving some form of guidance towards Link, to help on his adventure. For this reason, in this game you are the Motivator, Twice a game you may message me with the phrase:
    Guide: Name
    This will allow you to motivate a target, giving them a boost to their role for the next night phase, this changes from player to player, so I can not give you a list. Be wary however, as this can also motivate Mafia targets, and (if any) independants.

Secretly, you are the Sage of Light, Rauru. As Kaepora Gaebora is your form outside the sacred realm, you are also 1x Lynchproof. (This has been used.)

Dear Luminary,

You are Ruto, The Sage of Water!

In the games Ruto is an annoying npc who is a Zora who resides, naturally, in Zora's Domain. In present times, you have been saved by Link, and gave him a gift as a thankyou for saving him. Said gift was a spiritual stone, handed to you by your late mother with the instructions to only give it to the man you love. Naturally, by giving this Link, it showed your infatuation for him. Coincedentally, this makes you the Lover. Should Link die in the game, you shall die aswell. Unfortunately theres not really any positives to the role. However, this does not work both ways, if you die before Link, he will not die. Furthermore, you may only die through these means if Link is killed during the night. Should he be lynched you will lose your role and become a vanilla townie.

The Master Sword has been retrieved, your role has changed slightly.

You are Ruto, the Sage of Water.

You have the same Role PM as previous, except you now also have a 1x Bodyguard. Once a game in a night phase you may use Bodyguard: Name to essentially take the bullet for them, should they be killed then you will be killed instead.

Your wincon remains the same.

Dear Officer Snake,

You are Malon, young maiden of Lon Lon Ranch

Carer of Epona, and the many other animals that reside on Lon Lon Ranch, you are what keeps the ranch going, considering your father often goes missing or is just sleeping all the time. You met Link for the first time when he ventured out of Kokiri Forest and into the Hyrule Fields, where your ranch is located. Due to this, you remember him in child form. Besides this, theres not too much else you can do in this game.

For that reason, you are a Vanilla Townie. However, in the odd chance that Link doesn't retrieve the Master Sword before Day 2, (AKA during Night One), You will become an Informed Townie, and you will find out what player is Link. Besides that, your power is your vote.

Dear Cyber Wolf,

You are the Cucco Lady!

You are a pleasant woman from Kakariko village who looks after various Cucco's in the village, although sometimes you lose them very often. In short, Since you are so caring of them, besides losing them, in return it is imaginable that they would care for you too. However, since you lose them all the time, sometimes they may not even be there for you... This makes you the Even-night Bomb, if you are killed during the night on an even phase, your Cucco's will rise up and attack whoever killed you, thus killing them.

That is all.

Now here are the questions, but before them, I apologies for the lack of flavour in the game, I had hoped to put more in but housing situations arose so I didn't really go out of my way to make some. Things are good now though, I think.

That being said, here are the questions!

What did you like / dislike about the game, if anything.

How was the game itself?

How were the roles?

Do you have any suggestions / improvements that could have been done / used for future games from myself?

As always, a huge thankyou to everyone who joined the game!

Back
    Top Bottom