• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia [ENDGAME: 05/09]

What voting system would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah that sounds a very Twinrova-like power, not gonna lie. Scum claiming bomb is pretty standard, too, make the vigs too scared to shoot. Especially since this claim probably happened before vig died.
Not gonna lie? So it sounds feasible to you, but not totally sure, even though he's basically the only person it could be from your point of view? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Also @Luminary did you ever claim your own role and did Cyber give a name

ENDGAME

Dear Lone_Garurumon,

You are Twinrova, the Sorceress Sisters

Surrogate mothers of Ganondorf, you are two 400 year old twin witches, who secretly lead the Gerudo Tribe. You have survived so long using your powers of magic to keep you alive. You are one of the few life forms in all of Hyrule to actually advocate Ganondorfs doings, and will do anything in your power to help him.

Due to being two sisters joined into one, you have the following abilities:

By using Kotake's powers, you can Freeze: Name to roleblock one person every night phase.
Otherwise, you can use Koume's witch powers to Follow: Name a target during the night, to see what ability they use, but not who they use it on.

You may only use one of these abilities per night.

You are sided with Ganon's Forces, you win when the Town is destroyed, or where the numbers of the Mafia > Town.

Lone_Garurumon was lynched, they were sided with the Mafia.

This means the town has won! Congratulations!

Below are the town role PMs, as well as a few questions I would love you guys to answer (If you want!)

Dear Pika_pika42, funnier6

You are Keapora Gaebora, Guider of Link.

Not much is known about you in present times, you are seen multiple times throughout the Ocarina of Time game, and each time you are seen you are giving some form of guidance towards Link, to help on his adventure. For this reason, in this game you are the Motivator, Twice a game you may message me with the phrase:
Guide: Name
This will allow you to motivate a target, giving them a boost to their role for the next night phase, this changes from player to player, so I can not give you a list. Be wary however, as this can also motivate Mafia targets, and (if any) independants.

Secretly, you are the Sage of Light, Rauru. As Kaepora Gaebora is your form outside the sacred realm, you are also 1x Lynchproof. (This has been used.)

With that being said, sided with the Town, you win when all opposing forces to the town are destroyed.

Dear Luminary,

You are Ruto, The Sage of Water!

In the games Ruto is an annoying npc who is a Zora who resides, naturally, in Zora's Domain. In present times, you have been saved by Link, and gave him a gift as a thankyou for saving him. Said gift was a spiritual stone, handed to you by your late mother with the instructions to only give it to the man you love. Naturally, by giving this Link, it showed your infatuation for him. Coincedentally, this makes you the Lover. Should Link die in the game, you shall die aswell. Unfortunately theres not really any positives to the role. However, this does not work both ways, if you die before Link, he will not die. Furthermore, you may only die through these means if Link is killed during the night. Should he be lynched you will lose your role and become a vanilla townie.

With that being said, sided with the Town, you win when all opposing forces to the town are destroyed.

The Master Sword has been retrieved, your role has changed slightly.

You are Ruto, the Sage of Water.

You have the same Role PM as previous, except you now also have a 1x Bodyguard. Once a game in a night phase you may use Bodyguard: Name to essentially take the bullet for them, should they be killed then you will be killed instead.

Your wincon remains the same.

Dear Officer Snake,

You are Malon, young maiden of Lon Lon Ranch

Carer of Epona, and the many other animals that reside on Lon Lon Ranch, you are what keeps the ranch going, considering your father often goes missing or is just sleeping all the time. You met Link for the first time when he ventured out of Kokiri Forest and into the Hyrule Fields, where your ranch is located. Due to this, you remember him in child form. Besides this, theres not too much else you can do in this game.

For that reason, you are a Vanilla Townie. However, in the odd chance that Link doesn't retrieve the Master Sword before Day 2, (AKA during Night One), You will become an Informed Townie, and you will find out what player is Link. Besides that, your power is your vote.

Dear Cyber Wolf,

You are the Cucco Lady!

You are a pleasant woman from Kakariko village who looks after various Cucco's in the village, although sometimes you lose them very often. In short, Since you are so caring of them, besides losing them, in return it is imaginable that they would care for you too. However, since you lose them all the time, sometimes they may not even be there for you... This makes you the Even-night Bomb, if you are killed during the night on an even phase, your Cucco's will rise up and attack whoever killed you, thus killing them.

That is all.

Now here are the questions, but before them, I apologies for the lack of flavour in the game, I had hoped to put more in but housing situations arose so I didn't really go out of my way to make some. Things are good now though, I think.

That being said, here are the questions!

What did you like / dislike about the game, if anything.

How was the game itself?

How were the roles?

Do you have any suggestions / improvements that could have been done / used for future games from myself?

As always, a huge thankyou to everyone who joined the game!

lol, Lone got caught because his honest results and character claim were too unlucky.
GG, everyone, well played.

I liked the Link mechanic, and the usage of unconventional roles for Mafia.
I didn't like getting killed D1. Big sad.
The usage of OC was surprisingly scarce, I wonder if they just forgot to add the spectators. :cry:

How was the game itself?
Being a spectator is quite different from playing, but seemed pretty good!
It was a good entertainment overall.

How were the roles?
To be honest they didn't seem too balanced.
I feel like Town had some really powerful roles that could clear most of the players really quickly, while Mafia had stuff like Bodyguard that isn't the most useful stuff despite being a good distraction for the Rolecop, rofl.

Do you have any suggestions / improvements that could have been done / used for future games from myself?
Not that I can think of. Thanks for hosting!

Last edited:
Cool, good jobs guys

I liked my role and thought the game was decently active. I can't think of anything I really disliked, though I am disappointed I didn't get to use my rolecop ability.

How was the game itself?

Seemed to go over well I think

How were the roles?

As ExLight said, I think town was a bit overpowered/had more useful roles than mafia did.

Can't think of anything. Thank you for hosting.

Just been told of a major host mishap that potentially could have changed the game, it's in the past now so i'm not sure what I can do now but Luminary was actually meant to die on the same night that Rubik was killed.

Theoretically this would have changed the outcome of the game, so I can only apologise for such a major thing, I think I had it in my head that I removed lover status when the master sword was pulled out, when in fact there was no such thing of it being removed.

This would have led to a tie of votes in the last day, and then continuing the game. I'm really sorry to all the players for such a major mistake, I had a lot going on towards the later phases and although i'm not gonna blame that, I feel I rushed the final few phases and messed up.

View: https://gfycat.com/newfrankaxolotl

Heh, I tried, but you guys just didn't buy it. Though I will have you know that the only thing I lied about was saying Aveil instead of Twinrova. And... I guess... Kinda lied by omission by not mentioning the blocker power.

The Master Sword mechanic was actually a really cool idea.

How was the game itself?
Stressful. Having to lynch both of my teammates pretty much one after the other was not a fun time. Though I guess it got me a fair bit of town-cred, given that until she called my bullshit on my claim Luminary said I was one of the townier ones.

How were the roles?
Agreed with the others, kinda townsided.
What the heck was with our Bodyguard? How was that supposed to be useful?

Nothing in particular.

Just been told of a major host mishap that potentially could have changed the game, it's in the past now so i'm not sure what I can do now but Luminary was actually meant to die on the same night that Rubik was killed.

Theoretically this would have changed the outcome of the game, so I can only apologise for such a major thing, I think I had it in my head that I removed lover status when the master sword was pulled out, when in fact there was no such thing of it being removed.

This would have led to a tie of votes in the last day, and then continuing the game. I'm really sorry to all the players for such a major mistake, I had a lot going on towards the later phases and although i'm not gonna blame that, I feel I rushed the final few phases and messed up.

View: https://gfycat.com/newfrankaxolotl
Ah, it's ok, man. Could'a been interesting to see where we'd go without Luminary to call my bullshit, but you were swamped, I get it.

Well, congratulations fellow Townies! Sorry I was kinda useless this game.

How was the game itself?

How were the roles?

I liked being a silly scarecrow. I did not like being completely off the mark all game and getting vigkilled before I could at least be useful rolewise. Lucky for Town that didn’t matter.

The game was certainly fun to try and figure out.

Pretty Townsided as far as I can tell, especially with one of the Mafiosi being a 1*Bodyguard. Seeing a one-sided Lover role was interesting.

Like, I guess make sure the Mafia’s powers are proper counters for the Town’s I guess. Even if the Mafia’s opposition were slightly more kill-heavy, 1*Bulletproof/Deathproof or even Doctor could be more useful roles to consider.

What the heck was with our Bodyguard? How was that supposed to be useful?
Was initially going to be a full on Doc on Master Sword retrieval (Flavour being that he just scared away the attacker or something), but I was scared of overtuning mafia. I agree that it probably wasn't executed in the correct way.

I can agree with the townsided thoughts, in planning it always seems to be a bit easier than the game, but I too agree that this game was very townsided, and that mafia should have been buffed. Potentially the Independant game master may have skewed the game into mafia's favour, but games shouldn't be based on chance like that. I will improve on that! o7

Thankyou all so far for the advice and thoughts!

I liked the mechanics of some of the roles like Link pulling out the master sword.

How was the game itself?
I really enjoyed the game, it was fun.

How were the roles?
I wish I had a better role, but the roles where pretty creative, fun and interesting.

Not that I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom