• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia [ENDGAME: 05/09]

What voting system would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually you know what?
Vote: ExLight
Not RVSing with anyone in the game means you may be trying to avoid having anyone make any connections between you and existing players.
First vote on Ex: my RVS. Semi-serious half-assed suspicion that was quickly pulled out on. Scum.

I have posted more than 10 posts multiple times. I've had some stuff come up irl recently, but before this recent bout of inactivity, I have been pretty active.Nice underhand comment with about vanishing very much a sensible comment that isn't rude. BTW, putting someone on a FoS just cause they may become inactive is a bit... odd, and you focus on going after inactives instead of the rest of the game events which you dismissed with one comment. CyberWolf is currently NAI I would rather go after someone who has been acting scummy and so Vote: ExLight
Kinda OMGUSy. While I can understand being pissed at his comments, was there anything else specifically that stood out that made him the most scummy? Or was he the one who really pulled ahead mostly because of emotion?

Fair points, I guess. The word panic sure looks odd, but I can easily see a new player being panicked when several people are voting him on a case, where he has nothing to defend himself with.
Also, the fluff part, quite a few people do that on D1, don't think it's that suspicious.

You have not mentioned your reason for voting me. Could you explain why you find me suspicious or why you wanted to place a vote on me?

Yeah, I felt both are normal processes for D1, hence I said I didn't have any suspicions at that point.

I think he's a fairly new player, but only he can say how new he actually is. I haven't really seen him in many games, but I also have not played much recently, so can't exactly say.

While I kinda understand why you might see LazySpy as suspicious, but there's no solid ground for you to stick with it. I can understand why you want to keep your vote on them for now, but don't stop on it, at least try to either pressure them more to gain further evidence they are scum or try looking at different prospects for suspicions. Choosing a target and just sitting on them can't help in scum hunting if you do nothing with it.

All these posts feel wrong. Going after inactives on D1 can't be a good strategy at any cost, since we have literally no information about them. They could even be a PR or something.
D1 for me is not about preventing inactiveness, rather to lynch someone you find suspicious and try to relate them with their scum buddies by the help of their posts.
Also, the usage of meta in your posts doesn't look correct because we can never say who is going to be inactive in the later days, anyone could go inactive either because of their role or mostly due to irl reasons. And even if anyone goes inactive, the host can always bring in a sub.
You are normally very analytical and think things through before choosing what to do.
Your obsession over inactives in this game makes me feel suspicious about you.

A pretty long, well thought-out post. It is possible he was pushing to try and make a wagon on someone with a decent case with a vote already on it, but it feels like an organic vote, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

The OMGUS is too much. I see no fallacy in his argument, and tbh you're kinda leaning on the edge of maniacal.
Plus, you can't assume that someone will be inactive. As Jinjo said earlier, I am usually inactive. I have been replaced out of multiple games lately. But here I stand as one of the most active players this game. Patterns aren't always followed.
Also... why aren't you starting OCs yourself if theres stuff you wanna share so much?
Unvote
Just for reference, doubt you guys care to see me discuss it.

I kinda have to agree that asking for OCs without starting any yourself if it was so important to you was a shady move. Also, your line about knowing our cop/doc is dead is better than the possibility they’re inactive (which means they could still be subbed into)...uhh, no. Just no.

Unvote: LazySpy

I should Vote ExLight
As pointed out previously, this is super low-effort and is hopping on in the middle of the wagon. Not a good look.

Mindmelded here.

Wrong. A dead cop or doctor is much less useful to town than an alive one that has the potential to be replaced with a more inactive player.

I find this especially weird that you say this given your play in Star Trek just last game, where you replaced an inactive player (though you were not a power role) and played one of the best town games I've seen from anyone in years here.

Your game so far has been very different than last game and that really worries me. [VOTE]: ExLight
Looks good to m- wait he's dead.
Welp.

hehe
sighs

So, all things considered...
Contrainer looks the worst based on this, not putting any effort in at all. But honestly, with the rest of his posts, it feels too not carey to be scum. I feel like scum would try and put in at least a little effort; his vote seems pretty NAI, maybe just mildly annoyed with Ex, like the rest of us.
Mega seems like the other person who doesn't feel quite as into the lynch, and he popped on at an opportune time (as previously mentioned, that was the point Ex kinda gave up), but that is kind of circumstantial still. I'll read through his other posts before coming to a strong opinion
As a whole though, ex was an easy mislynch, and when people are more pissed off than scumhunting it's harder to read a wagon.

Actually, between it being Day 1 and Ex being annoying, anyone could get through with a low effort post and give a semi-decent excuse
VOTE: Contrainer

It's true that Contrainer really didn't do much of anything yesterday, beyond that one vote that they didn't actually comment on.
Vote: @Contrainer
What say you in your defence?

With regard to the whole Pod & Deku thing, I don't think that's exactly gonna take us anywhere. Given the kinds of things Ex was saying I doubt anyone actually came out as scum to him.

I have made the mistake before of voting contrainer for acting scummy, but that's just his playstyle and is NAI.
First vote on Ex: my RVS. Semi-serious half-assed suspicion that was quickly pulled out on. Scum.

Kinda OMGUSy. While I can understand being pissed at his comments, was there anything else specifically that stood out that made him the most scummy? Or was he the one who really pulled ahead mostly because of emotion?

A pretty long, well thought-out post. It is possible he was pushing to try and make a wagon on someone with a decent case with a vote already on it, but it feels like an organic vote, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Just for reference, doubt you guys care to see me discuss it.

As pointed out previously, this is super low-effort and is hopping on in the middle of the wagon. Not a good look.

Looks good to m- wait he's dead.
Welp.

sighs

So, all things considered...
Contrainer looks the worst based on this, not putting any effort in at all. But honestly, with the rest of his posts, it feels too not carey to be scum. I feel like scum would try and put in at least a little effort; his vote seems pretty NAI, maybe just mildly annoyed with Ex, like the rest of us.
Mega seems like the other person who doesn't feel quite as into the lynch, and he popped on at an opportune time (as previously mentioned, that was the point Ex kinda gave up), but that is kind of circumstantial still. I'll read through his other posts before coming to a strong opinion
As a whole though, ex was an easy mislynch, and when people are more pissed off than scumhunting it's harder to read a wagon.
I just found ExLight's reasoning odd and nonsensical, going after inactives whilst barely touching on the other topics pinged me. Plus his FoS on me for something that may happen in the future but not on what happened now was suspect and also didn't really hold up. Ex also said the thing about the cop and doctor which didn't seem townlike.

I don't think Deku or MP would admit they're scum to someone who's about to be lynched so I think it was a last ditch plan by Ex to cause confusion.

I'm a 1x Bodyguard. I protected Space last night so I'm useless now.
Why? There was pretty much no indication about who might've gotten shot. The point of a Bodyguard is to take the hit to keep an important role alive that little bit longer, so why did you waste your shot so early on, on a player we have no concrete info on?

I'm a 1x Bodyguard. I protected Space last night so I'm useless now.
My question is pretty much the same as Garurumon's--what would make you protect Space? I'm curious about that part... not to mention it being a 1x, that's kind of eyebrow raising.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong (though I double-checked the rules), but nameclaims are allowed... so could you nameclaim?

Was not getting notifications, weird.

I looked back last phase and the only thing of note that I got (it was a lot of just seeing Exlight's nonsense...) was that I'm not all that wary of MegaPod anymore after relooking at his posts.

Definitely curious about Contrainer and why he used up a 1x bodyguard already, if that's true, and why on me of all people. I can think of a character that fits bodyguard but even so.

For now I'm most suspicious of Jinjo.

LazySpy's defense looked genuine. He said he did not insist on anyone to quit the joke phase and he was just being curious. He even admitted he panicked and I don't think scum would be panicking early at rvs. Why should scum panic early when they could just sheep their scum buddy to save themselves from getting lynched.

LG's vote looks more suspicious for voting LazySpy after his genuine defense.

Vote: Lone_Garurumon

I defended LazySpy myself, but it must be admitted that LazySpy did look kind of scummy for not wanting to start anything serious himself. Also I don't get the last part - where does the sheeping come into this? Scum or town alike could panic, I don't think it's indicative of anything.

LazySpy's defense looked genuine and then you came and voted him after his genuine defense and you were the 3rd voter.

Unvote: Lone_Garurumon

I noticed you unvoted and it looks like you had a misunderstanding.

Before you just said that you voted Lone_Garurumon because he voted after LazySpy's genuine defense, but then you say it was based on him being the third vote.

Vote: Jinjo

Why? There was pretty much no indication about who might've gotten shot. The point of a Bodyguard is to take the hit to keep an important role alive that little bit longer, so why did you waste your shot so early on, on a player we have no concrete info on?
Because I'm stupid and shouldn't have done that

@Contrainer If you had to pick someone to lynch, who would be the best choice in your opinion? You haven't really offered any of your own opinions during the duration of the game, so I'm interested in your thoughts.

Hmm, Contrainer’s claim is so facepalm-worthy that I believe it. And after reading over things again, I’ll set aside the paranoia I developed over Deku. Ex making up Deku coming out as scum to him wouldn’t really make sense for Survivor play, but neither did his Survivor play in general, so... :v Also, I was sorta iffy on Pika during D1 but I’m kinda Townreading him rn.

Before you just said that you voted Lone_Garurumon because he voted after LazySpy's genuine defense, but then you say it was based on him being the third vote.

Didn’t you do kinda the same thing? You voted Lone over “going for an easy lynch,” and when questioned about voting him over the others voting Lazy, you said it was because he was the third voter. And now you’re voting Jinjo for adding that same detail to her reasoning... :unsure:

Didn’t you do kinda the same thing? You voted Lone over “going for an easy lynch,” and when questioned about voting him over the others voting Lazy, you said it was because he was the third voter. And now you’re voting Jinjo for adding that same detail to her reasoning... :unsure:

Call it what you want. I clarified because I was asked, & Jinjo replied after and used the same reasoning as me, could be because yeah it was true, but it seems like a halfhearted attempt at reasoning since Jinjo was quite quick to unvote Lone_Garurumon. It's not the only reason I'm voting Jinjo - the general lack of contribution and nothing to say during Exlight's situation last phase.

I'm catching up right now.

I defended LazySpy myself, but it must be admitted that LazySpy did look kind of scummy for not wanting to start anything serious himself. Also I don't get the last part - where does the sheeping come into this? Scum or town alike could panic, I don't think it's indicative of anything.

I scum read LG for voting LazySpy for voting him after his defense and LazySpy's defense looked genuine.

Call it what you want. I clarified because I was asked, & Jinjo replied after and used the same reasoning as me, could be because yeah it was true, but it seems like a halfhearted attempt at reasoning since Jinjo was quite quick to unvote Lone_Garurumon. It's not the only reason I'm voting Jinjo - the general lack of contribution and nothing to say during Exlight's situation last phase.

You were the one who agreed with me and you also unvoted LG and I start to wonder why did you unvote LG? The same thing can be said about you. I unvoted LG because he unvoted LazySpy and I assumed it was a misunderstanding on LG's part. I'm still unsure on LG and I wasn't even home at ExLight's situation.

Contrainer is not claiming his character and now I'm getting suspicious of him.

I'm catching up right now.

I scum read LG for voting LazySpy for voting him after his defense and LazySpy's defense looked genuine.

You were the one who agreed with me and you also unvoted LG and I start to wonder why did you unvote LG? The same thing can be said about you. I unvoted LG because he unvoted LazySpy and I assumed it was a misunderstanding on LG's part. I'm still unsure on LG and I wasn't even home at ExLight's situation.

Contrainer is not claiming his character and now I'm getting suspicious of him.
Give it time, contrainer can't claim asap, a bit early to start pointing at that.

That's true. I don't think the situation is the same exactly as I explained previously, but I will concede that I unvoted Lone_Garurumon for a similar reason as you. His explanation didn't strike me as scummy. Are you still unsure on Lone_Garurumon because of LazySpy or is there some other reason?

Back
Top Bottom