• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crankyman

=д=
Reaction score
I just got the game, and I have to say, this is pretty awesome. This thread is for discussing it, and stuff.

Didja see the Linebeck on Link action? If you didn't, play up to the part with Linebeck talking about Link getting his mitts on treasure. Just a funny little line.

Linkbeck exudes the "Captian Jack Sparrow" aura, huh?

Is it true that one controls nearly every action Link does with the stylus? If so, is it intuitive or overall hindering to the gameplay? Truth be told, I held off on purchasing the game because it seems the stylus may be more a nuisance than fun innovation, so I am quite curious as to what people who've already purchased the game and played it think.

From everything I've heard, it takes a good hour or so to get used to the controls. After that, though, everything feels natural.

I hope to be able to import the English version sometime after payday.

It's a little jarring, since many actions, are touch-only. Somersaulting is especially tough for me. But then, I just got it today and didn't bother to read the manual. Also, there's hawt Link on Linebeck action. Did I mention that?

Anyway, it's quite tough, but it's ultimately very fun.

The first trailer left a bad taste in my mouth (especially since I was expecting a TP trailer that day). Didn't look good at all.

I've been somewhat impressed by media released since then, but PH still looks like the same old Zelda. The stylus control is just another way of doing the same thing. Personally, I think it looks cumbersome. A total side step rather than a true step forward. Was not pleased to see the series revert to cel-shaded graphics. The title seems laden with gimmicks.

I'm sure it is a quality game in the end, but this series is fast losing its luster.

I'll probably get it for X mas unless I save up.

But it looks pretty good to me. :039:

I love Celda way more then the gritty TP Link, so I definately got this game.

The touch screen is kinda kooky, but it's worth the stress. I think this is alot more inovative then TP and makes use of all the functions of the DS in unique ways...such as screaming SALVAGE ARM!!!!!!!!!!

I love Celda way more then the gritty TP Link, so I definately got this game.
I liked the TP Link, but his face is too small for all of the great expressions Celda Link has. Like his "ZOMG! I'm being raped!" face.

The touch screen is kinda kooky, but it's worth the stress. I think this is alot more inovative then TP and makes use of all the functions of the DS in unique ways...such as screaming SALVAGE ARM!!!!!!!!!!
Well yeah, PH was made for DS. TP wasn't made for Wii (Still rocks). And no Wii connectivity? Lame. If BR (Glorified Tech Demo) is the only game with DS to Wii linkage for now, then geez, that was a waste. And yeah, yelling at the old guy rocked. The arm game is pretty frustrating though. You pay 200 rupees mininum to get the damn thing, and you have to pay 100 more to repair it if you suck. Sigh. And the pressing the seal onto the map? That had me for... 10 minutes. And making good use of the map's note function is sweet. Though the "one big dungeon" shtick is pretty bland. You'll have to go through the damn thing how many times?!

The gameplay videos look remarkable. I didn't think that the Nintendo DS could pack such a punch ;) (I also enjoyed Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker).

I too am skeptical on the stylus controls, but then again I was skeptical on the Wii controls so I think that there is nothing to worry about. Nintendo are quality and they know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom