• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Legend of Zelda

Arlo just posted a video on YouTube describing how this could still happen in the game, and it's somewhat persuasive. Here's the video:

Personally, I think it's shot, but I will say that the most convincing argument for it to still be possible is the argument about the title, that it would reveal too much information about the game's plot.

My first Zelda was Ocarina of Time when I was a kid, and boy did I suck at it, not being able to figure out how to clear the Deku Tree. I used to be ashamed of this fact, but I've been playing it recently and that is no longer the case. Because Ocarina of Time is generally just very obtuse about a great many things. Overall from what I've played so far (just finished Water Temple), I really wouldn't say it's as great as a lot of people say it is, both from some things just aging poorly, and others that I wouldn't even have called good back in its day.

Other Zeldas I've played include Skyward Sword, which I dropped rather quickly upon becoming stuck in a certain area and deciding I didn't want to put up with the atrocious controls any longer, Spirit Tracks which I actually finished and very much enjoyed, and Breath of the Wild, which I simply adored and is probably my favourite Zelda I've played.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered Skyward Sword. Very excited to play it in a few weeks.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you've never played SS before. Some of the gameplay hasn't aged all the best but I still think it has the most complete story out of all the Zelda games.

My first Zelda was Ocarina of Time when I was a kid, and boy did I suck at it, not being able to figure out how to clear the Deku Tree. I used to be ashamed of this fact, but I've been playing it recently and that is no longer the case. Because Ocarina of Time is generally just very obtuse about a great many things. Overall from what I've played so far (just finished Water Temple), I really wouldn't say it's as great as a lot of people say it is, both from some things just aging poorly, and others that I wouldn't even have called good back in its day.

Ocarina was my first game as well, but I played the remake on 3DS, and BOY let me tell you, the introduction of the Sheikah stones for hints was a godsend for my kid brain. I was able to get through most of the tough temples on my own, but I still did have some trouble with the Forest, Water, and Shadow temples.

I'd love to go revisit the N64 game at some point, though.

Other Zeldas I've played include Skyward Sword, which I dropped rather quickly upon becoming stuck in a certain area and deciding I didn't want to put up with the atrocious controls any longer, Spirit Tracks which I actually finished and very much enjoyed, and Breath of the Wild, which I simply adored and is probably my favourite Zelda I've played.

If you can get it on sale, I do recommend picking up Skyward Sword HD if you were initially turned off of the original's control scheme. It's not worth it for $60 if you've already played through the original, IMO, though.

It's nice to see some love for Spirit Tracks!! I always thought the puzzles and level design in that game were some of the best in the series. It's often just unfortunately looped into the same bucket as Phantom Hourglass :/

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you've never played SS before. Some of the gameplay hasn't aged all the best but I still think it has the most complete story out of all the Zelda games.

It is one of the few Zelda games that I haven't played.

It's nice to see some love for Spirit Tracks!! I always thought the puzzles and level design in that game were some of the best in the series. It's often just unfortunately looped into the same bucket as Phantom Hourglass :/
Yeah, it's also got some really fun writing. I adore Link and Zelda's relationship in it 'cause they're just, like, two buds out having fun on a world-saving adventure. Also the final boss is pretty damn epic. I'm pretty sure no other game can boast a tag-team final boss with a fully controllable Zelda at all times. So yeah, Spirit Tracks is pretty great, actually.

Zelda fans: in the most recent Nintendo Direct, we finally got the title for The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! It was revealed to be The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, with a release date for May 12, 2023!

What were your thoughts on this title reveal? Personally, I think it's perfect; dark, brooding, and moody. I'm interested to see how it plays into the story because Nintendo had previously said that the title is going to sort of spoil some story elements.

I think we'll probably see this game again in January for a proper trailer, and then it'll be followed with its own special Nintendo Direct a couple weeks before release.

Honestly I'm mostly just surprised why they felt this title was one that needed hiding. They claimed it'd be a spoiler so they had to hide it for a while, but I don't really see what this is spoiling? Like don't get me wrong it's a good title, ominous, a very good mood setter. It's just so vague that I can't really tell what it's supposed to spoil.

For real though, the title's cool and all but by this point I'm mostly just waiting for concrete information on what the actual game is like.

Yeah, I do like the title but I don't feel like it spoiled anything.

My guess is that the Tears are either some kind of threat or the new McGuffin you collect like the original game's Triforce pieces and their numerous successors.

Starting October 10, I'm going to start a goal for "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild". In Master Mode, I'm going on a "sort of pacifist run", which means I can only kill enemies that are in shrines or required by quests (otherwise I wouldn't be able to defeat Ganon or free the Champions); also despite the game having unlimited time, I'm giving myself a month-long time limit so I have until my next birthday to get everything done before I confront Ganon.

With Tears of the Kingdom coming out soon, I've gone back to an old Breath of the Wild playthrough I started a while back. I'm trying to finish all the shrines this time, and I'm up to 106 of the 120 initial shrines. I've also started the first four DLC shrines as well.

I've also started a playthrough of Skyward Sword because I have a hunch that the Skyward Sword story is going to tie into Tears of the Kingdom somehow.

I'll probably make a new thread for Tears of the Kingdom when it releases, so that spoilers can be kept there.

My first Zelda game was Four Sword Adventures Anniversary Edition. I downloaded it on my 3DS around 2012 because it was free, but only played it very ocasionally. It was still fun, and coincidentially it was the last game I played before I got my Switch.

My first "real" game was Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. I loved Dynasty Warriors as a kid so I was looking for a Nintendo game for the franchise for a good time, and the 3DS Hyrule Warriors game caught my attention. However, I did not buy it because other games appeared more interesting and getting a Switch was becoming a necessity. So when it was announced as a "premium sequel" I did not think it twice and bought it on May 2021.

I really liked it, it's possibly my 2nd most favorite Switch game after Mario Odyssey. Every character is very different and fun to control, the gameplay is addictive and for the most part the difficulty is right how I want it (not easy, not impossible). My only complaints would be that the story was weird, that 1vs1 battles can get veeery long and repetitive and that there are too many item requests, but otherwise it was a memorable and fresh experience. I bought the DLC last October and I'm mixed on it, the content is fine but I hoped that there would be more new levels than new item requests and it was the opposite.

I know everyone recommends Breath of the Wild, but with Tears of the Kingdom coming out soon and using the same map I prefer buying the later. I'm not completely sold on it though, as from what I've seen the world feels a little empty, and I'm afraid it will have an exaggerated amount of subquests that will never end. For some that's a good thing and that's fine, but I have limited time and I get tired after a while. If I buy it or not comes down to what things Mario, Pokemon or Switch succesor are announced for Late 2023/Early 2024.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom