• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest The legendary Dragon's VS. The vagaries of Water

Blue Dragon

七パーセント
Reaction score

Spr_4d_149.png
Spr_4d_134.png

DRAGON VS. WATER

The Dragon and Water types are my two favourite types, so I thought it would be interesting to pin each against each other.

So think about all the Pokemon in each group and overall which one would be victorious.

When I think about it I truly believe the Dragons have enough power to overcome the vagaries of Water even if Water types can generally learn ice type attacks, but that's what I think.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Dragons are better they resist Water and most of them pack An Electric move to take care of Water types and they are usually faster as well

I voted for 'equal' just because almost every water type does carry a handy Ice move.
Granted, most dragons do have access to electric or grass type move,
but then again too many dragons have 4x weakness to ice.
Plus water gets points also for being my fav type so...I just tried to be fair.
Equal power that is then.

Dragons are overrated... but Water is broken.

A type that I think has potential to be interesting and fun and is just misused against the type I dislike the most because of how it ISN'T misused? Dragon hands down.

But in battle Water wins. Water wins everything. Which is why I don't like it. They try to paint Sunlight and Rain as equals, but running a sun team is a billion times harder than rain simply because of the diversity, power, type coverage and everything else water has.

Also plenty of dragons don't resist water, and more are doubly weak to ice.

Dragon, no contest. Almost all water types don't have STAB to use an ice move to OKHO a dragon type, even if it has a 4x weakness.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom