• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The like button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariah

Reaction score
This would be mainly to prevent post like "^this"and "agree" and the sort...in which the poster wants to point out that s/he agrees with someone else. it would make the forums easier to read and opinions would always be there!
well ....IDEA!
I call it a day :D

I'm not really sure, it might end up being a popularity contest eventually. DOWN.

DOWN

I think some people would end up using the like button for "funny" spam and such.

Meh it sounds all right to me UP

I think it's a goodish idea, even though it might cause some kind of popularity contests. Up.

I forsee the facebook problem developing, where someone says something horrible to someone else and then a third party goes in and likes it. It just wouldn't be nice.

Besides, isn't this just like Karma? (and we all know how that went)

In summation: DOWN

EDIT:

Also, I think people would probably still spam, it would just be more annoying when they like something and then post as well to say exactly that.

Last edited:
I think this would cut down on spam infractions mightily. I say UP.

I would love a Like button, if possible. Some posts deserve the recognition. As long as there isn't a Dislike button, Up.

I am all for it, I believe i would cut down on SPAM, since instead of a thank you post or something of the nature, one could just like the post instead. UP

DOWN

I think some people would end up using the like button for "funny" spam and such.

wait...so your saying you prefer reading 5 posts of pure spam answering a spam post that just one spam post with several likes?
cuz I dont...

popularity contest?
they are every where....from the "scrapbook" to the friends on your profile.....

ohh well....I did get an idea today.....

cheers!

UP

...because some posts really deserve it. My only worry is that, like others have mentioned, this could be used in a negative manner.

wait...so your saying you prefer reading 5 posts of pure spam answering a spam post that just one spam post with several likes?
cuz I dont...

Oh, that wasn't the kind of spam I was referring to.

I mean such as people liking offtopic jokes. "Pikachu is SO gonna be released" in the Evolution/Capture/Release thread for example.

This would be convenient in many cases. But my fear is that too many people would abuse it and it would be an incentive for spam.

For now, I vote DOWN

I dont know if thats a good idea, it could turn into a popularity contest, very quickly. DOWN

Anything in which there is more than one choice is a 'popularity contest'. Don't mind post ratings if you're worried about them.

I forsee the facebook problem developing, where someone says something horrible to someone else and then a third party goes in and likes it. It just wouldn't be nice.

Besides, isn't this just like Karma? (and we all know how that went)

In summation: DOWN

EDIT:

Also, I think people would probably still spam, it would just be more annoying when they like something and then post as well to say exactly that.

We have systems in place to deal with insults and spam. A 'Like' button does not affect those.

Are vB forums even able to have a "Like" button? Only thing I know of that is similar to that is the Reputation System(which all staff are strongly against).

Anything in which there is more than one choice is a 'popularity contest'. Don't mind post ratings if you're worried about them.

True, but they're not always so overt as this would be.

Personally, I'd vote DOWN to this. I don't see that it would have much more than a minimal (if any) impact on spam infractions (which aren't so numerous as to require additional measure to handle, IMO).

Are vB forums even able to have a "Like" button? Only thing I know of that is similar to that is the Reputation System(which all staff are strongly against).
Yes, I do believe they are.

DOWN

It's all gonna be a popularity contest. "X is my friend, so I'll just like his posts." Or a way to justify arguments in say the real world. "Dude, my post has more likes than you, therefore I am right." Maybe not as much like that, but I think it will influence it in some sort of way.

You know, I can even see it creating more spam. In the middle of a thread people will start asking why their post didn't get as much likes as the other guys post, while they said the same thing.

I don't see anything good coming out of a like-button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom