• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things about Love and Romance♥

Somewhat. If you only see her once a day, that does make things more difficult. However, I'm sure it won't be an obstacle once things get going. You just need to find an excuse to talk to her.

Actually, What I mean is that even though I have two teachers, both teachers usually have the classes join together. So that is probably my opportunity, right?

Oh man. Here is something I didn't think of. A few days ago we were playing handball and we needed teams. I was a captain and I was told to pick a girl. If I was smart I would have picked her since she was not picked when it was my turn. But I was too nervous and didn't think. That probably would have helped me get to know her.

Yeah, that would be an opportunity.

Well, it could've helped, but what's done is done. Don't feel bad because of what happened a few days ago. Just focus on the near future, and trying to get to know her.

Well yeah, I should forget about the past and focus on the future. I will try very hard to get to know her when I have gym again. But there is one problem I forgot about. There are some boys that she knows but I don't know if she has a boyfriend yet. So I don't know what to do about that. I could, and i mean could, talk to her when I see her on the way to home room. Could that work?

Thanks so much for that info. Well, what should I say to her. Should I ask her if she wants to be friends? Since I don't think she even knows me yet, I don't know what I should say.

Just start off with small conversation. You don't just ask "do you want to be friends?" as that won't end well. Maybe make a comment on something that's going on during gym class, and go from there.

Well, I would love to start a conversation, but I don't know what to talk about. Is there anything I can talk about. That is a problem I have, I don't know how to start a conversation.

I just wanted to share a story from this morning at church.

Well, I know that Mia is in the children's choir and I see her most 10:30 masses. Today was one of them. After church, they were giving away free donuts(They were great BTW). After I got mine, I was just standing around. Then, I saw Mia with a bunch of her friends. I thought she would see me, but nope. Then I sat somewhere else hoping she will see me. Then when she passed by, she didn't even take notice that I was there. It just makes me feel heartbroken seeing that Mia just doesn't care about me. Especially because of all my deep feelings for her.

And I still can't even talk to her, so I'm anxiously waiting for high school next year.

Can you give me some much-needed advice?

I've had about three encounters with love.
First was with this guy in my theater group, he was cute, funny, and sweet. Or so I thought.
I was either thirteen or twelve at the time. While we were waiting to go onstage, we'd just sit in a corner and play Pokemon Diamond together and talk about all this random stuff.
Then, after the play was over he shoots me this email...asking me to be his girlfriend. I pretty much had a heart attack and being the naive girl that I was, I sent one back like "HECK YEAHHH".
Then the next morning, he sends me one back, saying he was sorry, but this other girl asked him to be her boyfriend and he liked her better. And that he was really, really sorry. What the heck.
Well, I cried all night but I still forgave him (I forgive easily, even though sometimes I really shouldn't) and we're still friends, but not nearly as good friends as before.

Then there was this other guy that I met. I go to a virtual learning academy, and so there's this guy who's taking the same course as I was. We shared a common interest in Pokemon, and so got talking. Eventually, I got a webcam and we got to talk on that, and he told me I was pretty, but I didn't really read much into that until he confessed that he liked me.
I was flustered and surprised, and said yes. We were together for a good year or so, but we kind of grew apart. We're just friends now.

Then...my current boyfriend.
I met him here on BMGf. I was bored one day and decided to sign up for this RP, I See Dead People...And They're Annoying Me.
He signed up after I did, and when the RP started up we were always the fastest people who'd respond. We tennised it to death, I guess. XD
We started talking in VMs, and I got to know a little bit about him.
We were chatting more and more frequently, usually every single day. I loved talking to him, and I always got this weird feeling in my stomach while waiting for a reply from him.
Eventually we stopped posting in ISDP and started a new PRP. A crossover between Pokemon and Dragon Quest. xD
Our characters...well, they kind of fell in love, and I was finding myself falling for my RP partner as well. <3
I figured that it was just some kind of silly little crush, and thought, it'll go away within a week or so.
But...it didn't.
I was falling more and more in love each time I talked to him.
Then...one day, he said that something was bothering him. I asked him what it was, and he just says, "It's a girl."
My heart starts racing, but there's this little voice in the back of my head that says he's not talking about you, silly. You've never even actually met him, how could he be talking about you?
Then he mentions it's a web crush.
At the most inconvenient time, I had to leave for this class I was going to.
And when I get back...there's this PM from him.
Saying that he loves me. Not just "like", love.
First I have a heart attack, then I start crying yes I cry over everything and I'm like 'YES YES YES YES' xD
....and we've been together ever since. <3
Sorrow Blue, I love you <3
Funny how all of these involve Pokemon, huh? XD

Well, my story is a happy one. I met my future girlfriend at a 4-H (if you don't know what 4-H is, google it.) event. I didn't really get to know her that well, but enough to friend her on facebook. I didn't really have any feelings for her at this time, but I did think she was cute. That was in January. Then, in March, we were both at this camp-type-thingy for 4-H. That's when we started becoming better friends, and I actually started liking her. I got her number that weeked, and I started texting her. Now, I didn't really "know" that I liked her at this point. It was kinda just there in the back of my head. I eventually started texting her more than anyone else, and became great, if not best, friends with her. When she started calling me one of her best friends is when I realized that I actually liked her. Then, she asked me to the dance at another 4-H event. That's when I was pretty sure that she liked me. I started trying to drop hints, and I could tell she was picking up on it. I started making my own little parodies of songs that referenced our inside jokes on guitar. About a month after she asked me to the dance, I couldn't take it. I had to tell her. I grew a pair, and actually told her via text. That was in October. My predictions were right, and she felt the same way. Neither of us had ever been in a relationship before, so we didn't really know what to do. I had actually told her the day before my mom's birthday. We went to Epcot in Disney World (we only live like 2 hours away) for my mom's birthday, and I used up all of my phone battery texting her that day. We kinda kept our relationship a secret until she told her parents. They didn't particulary like the idea, but they approved. Then I told my parents, who instead of freaking out, gave me high fives. It's a long distance relationship. She lives about an hour and 45 minutes away from me. We see each other about every month for 4-H events, though. Yesterday, we had our 2 month "anniversary", and had our first kiss. We're a little more serious than everybody thinks, but they don't need to know that. As long as we're happy that's all I care about. :)

Last edited:
@SuperMario1 ; @Continent Turtle ;

Here's what I did to help create and move conversation along: post-it notes. I wrote down a bunch of questions and had my sister write some down as well, questions I can ask my guy when we're sitting in a restaurant enjoying a meal, or we're snuggled on the couch whispering to each other. They are just normal questions like "What's your favorite drink?" or "What book would you read again and again?" or "Best book to movie adaption?" etc =) I keep the post-its with me in my pocket or my purse, not only to help spark conversations, but also to remind me of things (I forget a lot of stuff, so I keep track of anything I was going to say or do on post-its as well!). I also use the post-its to write down any ideas I get, like small poems or story plots or drawings. Huh. Post-its are useful.

@SuperMario1 ; @Continent Turtle ;

Here's what I did to help create and move conversation along: post-it notes. I wrote down a bunch of questions and had my sister write some down as well, questions I can ask my guy when we're sitting in a restaurant enjoying a meal, or we're snuggled on the couch whispering to each other. They are just normal questions like "What's your favorite drink?" or "What book would you read again and again?" or "Best book to movie adaption?" etc =) I keep the post-its with me in my pocket or my purse, not only to help spark conversations, but also to remind me of things (I forget a lot of stuff, so I keep track of anything I was going to say or do on post-its as well!). I also use the post-its to write down any ideas I get, like small poems or story plots or drawings. Huh. Post-its are useful.

Post-its really work? I never thought of it that way. But, have you ever had a situation where you prepared some things to talk about, and he didn't really talk about anything? And what do girls talk about a lot? Maybe I then will have something to talk about.

Post-its really work? I never thought of it that way. But, have you ever had a situation where you prepared some things to talk about, and he didn't really talk about anything? And what do girls talk about a lot? Maybe I then will have something to talk about.

Not really--we have it worked out so that if anything too personal is asked, we simply say "I'd rather not talk about that one today, but in the future we can."
Girls like to talk about people--they like to observe and compare their lives to others, to see if they are doing well in life according to others standards or not. Girls also like to talk about their hobbies, things they like--so you should always ask them what they are into, and try to find a common interest.
Don't aim for the "Oh, they've played Call of Duty before, lets talk about that!" interest though, aim for something they do everyday or are studying--ask what they want to do in the future, what job they want. A lot of girls also secretly think a lot about their future home, which is something guys tend to do too.
A really fun way to get to know someone is to go to Home Depot or another store like such and just look around--you can find out a lot about them by the kinds of doors, carpets, appliances, etc they look at and its fun =)

This thread isn't what I thought it'd be, but I'm participating anyway.

When I was younger (7-11), I had puppy-love for a slightly older girl named Kaitlyn. We both knew each other pretty well and she was the pretty one among our age group. I would do hopeless things like confess my love for her over e-mail and deny it later. I eventually asked my best friend to ask her to be my girlfriend for me and she'd told me that she didn't want to because she was entering middle school, and I was still in grade school. When it came time for me to move away, we were talking over MSN chat and she asked me if I really did love her. Of course, being a stupid boy, I just danced around the question.
We're still sorta in contact via Facebook, but she's got a boyfriend and I'm gay, so it's not like we'd ever get together.

I've had a girlfriend before (the best friend of Kaitlyn, too), but she really just used me and broke up with me right after Valentines Day.
I think one of my female friends indirectly asked me out, but I treated it as some prank (the town bike asked it, so I shook my head and walked away). I think she might still have feelings for me, since we did a lot of things together; we would eat together at lunch, play chess with her in the library, I was one of the few people who was nice to her in middle school, I always made stupid jokes to cheer her up, etc. She doesn't know about my orientation, but it's not like we could be anything other than friends. Not to be narcissistic, but I really wonder if I did her any harm by "rejecting" her.

Other than that, my love life is pretty much non-existent. I live in a conservative community, so I don't see that getting better anytime soon. I'm open to online relationships, but I don't think I've met anyone willing to have mutual feelings.

There is this one guy who's truly fantastic, though. I don't know if it's amorous love, but I definitely love him as a person.

From the title, I thought this thread would be about what we appreciated about being in love: cuddling, the way a person's partner does something, etc.

Last edited:
To all who are in a happy, incredibly enjoyable, and wonderful relationship on this forum;

Be thankful, be happy, and never take for granted what you've been given. You all have something that a select few on this world never has had, and never will have.

You've been blessed with a gift, a luxury that many envy, something that guys like me never have in their entire lives.

I wish the best to all of you-

I haven't had someone I truly liked in a long time. I honestly can't say whether I've ever fallen in love or not, but there was someone back in high school who I wound up crushing on badly. They were incredibly intelligent and somewhat athletic, so I couldn't understand why they were so friendly to someone like me, when there were so many other people they could have spoken to. We spoke to each other a lot during classes and even if we didn't have much in common, we still got along pretty well.

During my second year of high school, I joined track. I joined short distance because I didn't believe I could join long distance. The person I'm talking about was also in track, but long distance. We didn't talk as much during our second year, because we both had our different set of friends and we only spoke to each other since we had classes together during our first year. However, during our first track meet during the spring, we spoke to each other a bit again. We spoke during practices as well but it was during one of our later track meets that I realized I had feelings for them. I was sitting on the bleachers, watching the boys mile run. They walked up towards where I was sitting, and sat just a step below, where their stuff were. They turned, said hi to me, and gave me a smile, a very bright and cheerful smile. It was a truly beautiful smile, and that was when I realized I liked them. It was the first time I actually thought about a person, and their smile, even days afterwards. This was when I began looking at them more often, smiling at them automatically, and just feeling naturally happy around them.

However, I wasn't able to speak to them much during my last few years of high school. I never confessed to them, and I've long since moved on(its been years and I also dated someone for a while), but I still remember that smile.

I sound so cheesy. And I have a huge thing toward smiles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom