• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things

Definitely. I like pretty much all of the other changes, but I find it so annoying to try to look for items... Every time I think "I need to use a/n ___..." I can't help but sigh. I really wish they'd done this differently, too.

How is it annoying? Just hit the sort button, and everything is sorted alphabetically. Provided you know the first letter of what you're looking for, you should be fine. If anything, this bag system is a huge improvement.

With a mustache.

How is it annoying? Just hit the sort button, and everything is sorted alphabetically. Provided you know the first letter of what you're looking for, you should be fine. If anything, this bag system is a huge improvement.

With a mustache.

I don't think I even knew it was alphabetical, fail haha.

I don't think I even knew it was alphabetical, fail haha.

You didn't know because it isn't, not entirely anyway. It sorts them into categories. Certain things will be alphabetical. Hold items go at the top of the items bag and they will be alphabetical but then there are other things in the same pocket that come after them because they are not hold items.

I will admit, I hate this bag. I wanted more pockets, not less of them. The hold items getting their own pocket would have been the best decision for organizing but instead they just made the items pocket more crowded by throwing the balls and battle items back in there.

Positive little things:

Negative little things:

* Or walking Pokémon with you? >___>

It's obvious why they didn't allow it this gen.
It would make N's point a lot less valid if they were waling along with you.

I found a new one today that I don't think has been mentioned. When you receive a pokemon that you had previously traded away, it'll say "_____ came back! Welcome back _____!"

Thought that was a really nice touch, shows that you don't forget your pokes

Wow, that really is a nice touch IMO.

What I really liked was the little musical variations you could turn on and off in certain cities in the game (plus extra percussion while walking on certain routes). Really, there's no point to it other than making the game a nominally richer experience, but they did it anyway...

heavy pokemon make a thud effect (like the ground's dirt acts up a bit) when sent into battle. i wanna see a wailord do this =)

I like how it tells you how much battery you have left. That way you can be playing and you won't suddenly see "Oh shit red light! Dammit I don't have my charger!" That's happened so many times to me.

I don't like how they removed the size comparison of the pokemon and you character in the pokedex.

I like how it tells you what the weather condition is currently.
and how in castela city's busy streets there will be less people out at night.

Im a little annoyed about the pricey price of TM's now.. I know their multiple use, but still... I have healing items I need before I challenge the Elite Four.

Sure, but money has never been a problem in pokemon games. This is no exception.

I don't remember if earlier game did this but when going into a wild Pokemon battle. Look at the name of said wild Pokemon.
If you had caught the Pokemon before a pokeball symbol should be next to wild Pokemon name.

If you had never caught the Pokemon before there'll be no pokeball symbol next to the wild Pokemon name.

I find this handy if I can't remember what I've caught and what I hadn't caught.

I don't remember if earlier game did this but when going into a wild Pokemon battle. Look at the name of said wild Pokemon.
If you had caught the Pokemon before a pokeball symbol should be next to wild Pokemon name.

If you had never caught the Pokemon before there'll be no pokeball symbol next to the wild Pokemon name.

I find this handy if I can't remember what I've caught and what I hadn't caught.

This was featured at least as early as Diamond and Pearl. I don't recall if it was used earlier than that. Still handy though.

I have mixed feelings on the bag layout. On one hand, the hold items pocket is too crowded. However, I LOVE that the last item put back is now at the top of the list instead of the bottom. Much easier to switch my EXPshare/Amulet Coin/Lucky Egg.

Also, I like the fact that you can hot-key multiple items to the Y button, in particular the Dowsing Machine and Bike. And speaking of, I love how the Dowsing Machine works. Much easier to use and to follow.

The Poké Ball indicator beside the name of a wild Pokémon has been present since Gold and Silver...

I don't like how they removed the size comparison of the pokemon and you character in the pokedex.
I don't miss that all, partly because there was no option to specify your own height. I'm not a 5'0" kid.

This was featured at least as early as Diamond and Pearl. I don't recall if it was used earlier than that. Still handy though.

The Poké Ball indicator beside the name of a wild Pokémon has been present since Gold and Silver...

I had seriously not noticed it before to a point I would not know whether I caught something or not when I stared at said wild Pokemon in DP and prior.

All these years I had been wanting something to indicate whether I caught something or not without having to worry about the dex and it was in front of my nose the whole time.XP

I feel really dumb now.

Oh well. I do like the pokeball when it rarely activates the 1 shake thing and the shiny pokedex entries as others have said.

The dust cloud on heavy Pokemon.ect.

Last edited:
i was on the gts and i noticed you can't search for pokemon you haven't seen.

that's very annoying, and kinda defeats the purpose of the gts.

I don't miss that all, partly because there was no option to specify your own height. I'm not a 5'0" kid.

I'm pretty sure my character on Platinum was only 4'8"... I'm 6'3" in real life aha.

Is it possible to do all level 100 single battles in the Wi-Fi club room anymore? If not, that's a huge drawback for me. The only options I saw when I tried to play with my friend were "No Restrictions" (not level 100) and "Flat Battle" (level 50, but special Pokemon aren't allowed. Considering I have both a Jirachi and Celebi in my competitive team, this won't work either).

Why would they change that?

i was on the gts and i noticed you can't search for pokemon you haven't seen.

that's very annoying, and kinda defeats the purpose of the gts.
It has been like that since the GTS first came out in Diamond and Pearl.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom