• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things

I like how some character's overworld sprites move now, including the players. Like for example the Shadow Triad, when the appear and disappear they just phase out or at one point when talking with N he shakes his head. It makes characters seem more alive, instead of just standing still during scenes and whatnot.

I like that when you encounter a legendary it says "X appeared!" instead of "Wild X appeared!" It makes the legendaries seem more rare and special to me that way.

The saving! The little white dots at the bottom of the screen slowly fill up. When they do, you're done!

I like that the Strength boulders stay put when you move them! So I don't have to keep going back to the PC to get my Strength slave, which is so annoying. I also like how big the boulders are, very hard to miss xD

The sort button. Seriously, this is a friggin' godsend for me. I just need to press the green S button in my bag & boom, my inventory is now neatly organized! Just the way I like it.

Also the fact that you can tell which stats are affected by your Pokémon's nature by looking at its summary - red is boosted, blue is hindered. Beats the $&^% out of having to look up the nature chart every day.

^^ actualy, that was on since HGSS (the nature stuff)

but its kind of hard to notice it since the background is so bright

XD

I like how Pokémon blink black if you attack them with a physical move and blink white if it's special. It actually helped me with Sand Tomb because for some reason I thought it was special =P

Random tip:
Buy Moomoo milks! They cost a really small number of PokeDollars, heal a lot of HP and you can collect and sell Wings straight from the city and spam dozens until you have a large number of them.

Many people talked about how easy it is to use the DWSN Machine, but I realy like on how it doesn't turn off every battle (doesn't matter if wild or trainer).

I just started White afresh. I'm used to seeing the Pidove at this time when I leave my house, but cute little Woobat at night? Adorable little touch. <3

My brother got me a copy of Black the other day, since I got him Red Steel 2 a few months back.
Anyway, I honestly didn't know this, but apparantly, you don't actually need gym badges to use HMs this time around. I traded over a Frillish and discovered I could surf without any hassle. I suppose that, in the long run, it's not too big a deal since HM moves are rarely needed in these games, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, it allows you to explore beyond route 1 and get the likes of Crustle(!), Watchog, Scraggy and some other level 30+ monsters really early, without having to worry about them disobeying :p

My brother got me a copy of Black the other day, since I got him Red Steel 2 a few months back.
Anyway, I honestly didn't know this, but apparantly, you don't actually need gym badges to use HMs this time around. I traded over a Frillish and discovered I could surf without any hassle. I suppose that, in the long run, it's not too big a deal since HM moves are rarely needed in these games, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, it allows you to explore beyond route 1 and get the likes of Crustle(!), Watchog, Scraggy and some other level 30+ monsters really early, without having to worry about them disobeying :p

Ah,I got the impression that HMs weren't restricted to gym badges anymore ever since the manual didn't state that you need them to use HMs anymore AND the gymleaders didn't have their "you can use HM Fly NOW!" either.
Good to hear a confirmation though ^^

That being said I really like the use of HMs in BW this time around. Strengh is MUCH better because it is permanent. After I moved around all stones in the game my Scraggy finally was able do forgot this pretty sucky move.
To bad bushes still grow back, but thinking about it most bushes were skipable anyway.

As someone else already said I like the new saving screen as well. Dppt/HGSS just took WAY to long to save after you've used the boxes. The saving is not only much quicker now, the little loading bar shows you how long it will take to save the game.

The TV Shows are actually entertaining this generation. Some nice statistics here and there. Also, I found out that I'm a Sawsbuck? I think I'm supposed to carry around a White Flute :p.

The little house north of Icirrus City with the Pep Quiz thing is fun, too. Though, the only thing I've ever won from the people there are Antidotes, has anybody gotten anything else from them?

The little house north of Icirrus City with the Pep Quiz thing is fun, too. Though, the only thing I've ever won from the people there are Antidotes, has anybody gotten anything else from them?

I like this quiz as well, but the reward couldn't be worse. All I'm getting are Antidotes as well. It would have been cool if you'd get something rare from time to time. Well, maybe you DO get something rare from time to time and we are just terribly unlucky?

I like this quiz as well, but the reward couldn't be worse. All I'm getting are Antidotes as well. It would have been cool if you'd get something rare from time to time. Well, maybe you DO get something rare from time to time and we are just terribly unlucky?

Maybe.. will have to try my luck tomorrow. Wonder if Bulbapedia has an article on this..?

EDIT:

"Aha, Wye, and Ditoh's house

Each day, Aha will quiz the player and will give an Antidote if the answer was correct, or an Parlyz Heal if the answer was incorrect. "

So I guess.. if I'm running low on Parlyz Heals, I should deliberately answer the question incorrectly? XD

I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but I love how fast this game is compared to Generation IV. Every thing happens much quicker, such as surfing, running, and battles.

It's really nice, unlike Diamond/Pearl's slloooooow everything.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom