• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things

I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but I love how fast this game is compared to Generation IV. Every thing happens much quicker, such as surfing, running, and battles.

It's really nice, unlike Diamond/Pearl's slloooooow everything.

Yeah, I guess GameFreak wants the game to flow more smoothly, what with all the random healers everywhere and faster battles; players can finally get into the core of the gameplay and not have to return to and from faraway Pokemon Centers repetitively.

I also noticed that many of the HM-required obstacles are now just shortcuts (or so I noticed in the second floor of DragonSpiral tower w/ the fallen columns). Although.. this is just speculation, as I have yet to go through Victory Road, where all the actual HM obstacles usually are.

I also noticed that many of the HM-required obstacles are now just shortcuts (or so I noticed in the second floor of DragonSpiral tower w/ the fallen columns). Although.. this is just speculation, as I have yet to go through Victory Road, where all the actual HM obstacles usually are.

HM moves are only for shortcuts or non-story or sidequest areas. In Victory Road, they create shortcuts, but you can take a longer route without them.

I like how there is a wake behind you when you surf.

I love the great experience gain when you beat a high level Pokemon at a low level. It makes a Pokemon Collector like me very happy! :)

I love how gym leaders will actually do something. If they won't fight you untill the evil team leaves, it's because they're out fighting the evil team.

also, brycens a damn ninja. you can't beat that.

The little thing I noticed with the Ninja from Kanto who is now in Brycen's gym. Love the fact that the sprites travel.

also, i love how Jim Gai (the dude who hangs out in the gyms) is more usefull now than telling you type charts.

Jim Gai actually has his own name now, but I don't recall what it is. He tells you it in the first Gym.

It would be nice if fights against Wild Pokemon were even more fast.

I like the fights against Audino

With an EXP. Share a Level 1 Oshawott grows to Level 22 after destroying a Level 47 Audino.

I just LOVE those things. I MIGHT JUST GO AND CATCH ONE!

Another cool thing is that red X in every menu, you don't have to press the B button 3-4 times to go back in game.

I also am a fan of the faster battles. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to Diamond/Pearl after this.

My brother got me a copy of Black the other day, since I got him Red Steel 2 a few months back.
Anyway, I honestly didn't know this, but apparantly, you don't actually need gym badges to use HMs this time around. I traded over a Frillish and discovered I could surf without any hassle. I suppose that, in the long run, it's not too big a deal since HM moves are rarely needed in these games, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, it allows you to explore beyond route 1 and get the likes of Crustle(!), Watchog, Scraggy and some other level 30+ monsters really early, without having to worry about them disobeying :p

You...you don't need Gym Badges to use HMs? D8; Oh god. I didn't even TRY surfing or strength-ing until I got all my badges! All that to avoid a hassle that wasn't even there! OTL Wish I knew this sooner, but at least I can tell my sister. D8 She's only on badge 5.

I've noticed... When your pokemon is low on HP, it moves slower(The animation) like its worn out. pretty cool how they thought of that :)

not to mention when a pokemon is low on HP, it only has a faint sound of that annoying noise it makes when the pokemon has low health. not that constant ringing.

This may not be a little thing, but the decision to make TMs reusable made the game a whole lot easier to play. For example, in SoulSilver, I made the mistake of teaching my Steelix Rock Slide because I didn't think it would learn any more decent Rock-Type moves. Lo and behold, it learns Stone Edge five minutes after I teach it Rock Slide. So there went a perfectly good TM for Rock Slide that might have been good to use on someone else. With the ability to reuse TMs I no longer have to worry about this sort of thing.

Healers. I like not having to Escape Rope out of a long cave to go back to the Pokémon center to heal.

Also, HMs have been made completely optional.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom