• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Little Things

I love it when I notice subtle little things that make the game smoother or more interesting.
For example when you're going through the badge test before Victory Road you go through rooms that complement each Gym Leader's type.
Like when you go through the sixth room there's a huge chasm with wind blowing up toward the sky so when you walk over the chasm you float in the air.

A nice subtle touch.

Being able to heal multiple Pokémon, without having to constantly re-select the item was a great improvement. Also, the option to organize your inventory.

I love it when I notice subtle little things that make the game smoother or more interesting.
For example when you're going through the badge test before Victory Road you go through rooms that complement each Gym Leader's type.
Like when you go through the sixth room there's a huge chasm with wind blowing up toward the sky so when you walk over the chasm you float in the air.

A nice subtle touch.

That was really awesome and really really cool.

I love the reusable TMs. I actually taught good moves to my ingame teams for once; before, I never used TMs at all out of fear that I wouldn't be able to get another one! Now I can teach all my Pokemon good moves, and not have to worry about wasting a TM that I might need later.

All of the aesthetic changes are awesome, too. The graphics just look incredible!

I love the fact that Diglett and Dugtrio come out of the ground when released into battle! :D

I have not seen that, it sounds amazing! :O
i need to go and find a diglett now |: haha

The coolest little detail, I think, it when you're standing at the south entrance of Accumula Town in the springtime, and you're able to watch the petals on route 1 blow with the wind while still inside the town boundary. You'd think that, once you step outside a route (and its natural animations) that they wouldn't start again until you enter the route properly. <3

The coolest little detail, I think, it when you're standing at the south entrance of Accumula Town in the springtime, and you're able to watch the petals on route 1 blow with the wind while still inside the town boundary. You'd think that, once you step outside a route (and its natural animations) that they wouldn't start again until you enter the route properly. <3

It's kind of nice when they do stuff like that, just for the sake of continuity :p

I love the cloud of dust that my Golurk kicks up when he comes out during a battle. Every time I see that little cloud rising near my Riser's feet, I just grin. It's a great touch.

I also love the descriptions that are on the Crown Beasts. When I looked at my shiny Gamestop Suicune, it said "Met at Level ___. It's a legendary. Try taking it to Lostlorn Forest." I read that and chuckled. It was a nice little touch.

I love the cloud of dust that my Golurk kicks up when he comes out during a battle. Every time I see that little cloud rising near my Riser's feet, I just grin. It's a great touch.

I also love the descriptions that are on the Crown Beasts. When I looked at my shiny Gamestop Suicune, it said "Met at Level ___. It's a legendary. Try taking it to Lostlorn Forest." I read that and chuckled. It was a nice little touch.

ahahahahahaha that's great.
I haven't transferred any of them yet, so when I do I'll have to take a look.

but that's great.

My favourite thing about Black and White is all the small improvements. Being able to exit straight out of a PC when using a PC Box is one of my favourites, plus the ones already mentioned.

Does anyone remember the first floor of Dragonspiral Tower? Where the water is too far down to be surfed on?

I wish I could see the rest of that floor. I know there's probably nothing but more water, but it still annoys me lol. Plus there seems to be an alcove of sorts near the stairs that isn't accessible, either. I wonder if anyone has tried a walk-through-walls AR code there.

Does anyone remember the first floor of Dragonspiral Tower? Where the water is too far down to be surfed on?

I wish I could see the rest of that floor. I know there's probably nothing but more water, but it still annoys me lol. Plus there seems to be an alcove of sorts near the stairs that isn't accessible, either. I wonder if anyone has tried a walk-through-walls AR code there.

I doubt that it's accessible, even through the walk-through-walls glitch. I'd expect it's on a different level geographically from the rest of the games, and there's no "portal" to get to it. Maybe there'll be a way to go down there in the third games.

^^Who knows, maybe it'll be a part of the next game? :D

Also the sliding graphics in Victory Road were a nice touch, and I liked the camera movement on the bridges. The music in the town with the Ground Type gym is also really cool, as is the rival battle music.

I think the switching camera angles all the time on bridges was probably unnecessary and took away from the experience. But if you liked it, I'm glad you did.

I really liked the graphics for the flying-type gate in Route 10. I liked how you "walked on air." It was quite innovative and cool.

I loved how in B/W when you defeat a Gym Leader there's a flashy lil animation of the badge. So cute.

^ Yeah, it makes you feel like you acomplished something.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom