• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

The Lorekeepers' Club (An all-purpose thread for deep dives about how the Pokémon world works)

The Mega Multishipper of Miroir Way
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/They
So while playing Crown Tundra, I noticed that the Pokémon world uses days and months of the Julian/Gregorian calendars. Do they also use anno Domini (AD) (Latin for "in the year of our Lord") and before Christ (BC) for their years, or do they use another system for years?

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wanted to contribute that

New Pokémon Snap is yet another title that references an ancient disaster (in this case, a meteorite) that threatened the region before being halted by the local phenomenon. I've yet to complete the game so there may yet be further relevant detail, but at this point I'm not sure whether GameFreak now just considers 'ancient disaster from space' a story default or if there's something deliberately funky going on with all these cosmic monsters that seem to have it in for the Pokémon world.

The Mega Multishipper of Miroir Way
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/They
Just wanted to contribute that

New Pokémon Snap is yet another title that references an ancient disaster (in this case, a meteorite) that threatened the region before being halted by the local phenomenon. I've yet to complete the game so there may yet be further relevant detail, but at this point I'm not sure whether GameFreak now just considers 'ancient disaster from space' a story default or if there's something deliberately funky going on with all these cosmic monsters that seem to have it in for the Pokémon world.
Isn't there a theory somewhere that Pokémon are from space? Maybe there was just a point in PokéHistory where meteors were just flying everywhere, connected or not connected to the space theory.