• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Lost World

Reaction score
PROLOGUE​

"Hey, come back here!"
There was no time to lose. Izmalov hurried over to the lone corridor. He swerved there and hid for a few moments. Afterward, the platoon of soldiers rushed past by the alley. He was safe.Izmalov held the pokeball closely to him. Inside the pokeball, was the pokemon treecko. He had stolen it when Professor Birch was out observing and collecting data. While professor Birch studied closely at a tree, he leaned to his bag, and carefully plucked out a random pokeball. Then, he tip-toed away from the professor, going out unnoticed.
He did not go safely. The security was hard on him. Izmalov lived a rough life, his parents died when he was five. With nowhere to go, he has to make a living like a wild cat, feeding on scrap food. His dream as a trainer ever since him seeing a fierce battle in his childhood has never burned down before. After failing the test to be in the top 3 honourable trainers that can have the honour of picking a starter pokemon and going out for an adventure. This however, does not happen to Izmalov. He was rough, tough, but patient in the inside. He did not have a lot of friends, though.
He has no choice. He is a criminal now. He has to make an escape, or live in a cell. He took the first choice.
Slowly, he began to move to the end of the corridor to see what's happening. He peeked out, and saw five securities in their uniforms, gathering together. Izmalov cannot hear them correctly, but judging from their gestures, Izmalov can basically read them like an open book without having the need to hear.
He concluded that the security decided to give up over him, and wait until dawn to finish the search. Besides, if they catch the "twerp" at dawn while he's sleeping, they might carry him while he's sleeping to the prison to give him a nasty surprise.
So Izmalov isn't really safe. His decision has been made." I shall escape, no matter what".
He was always lonely. Pokemon are his only friend, but since his school doesn't allow pokemon to be kept by children, he was prohibited from raising them. This all adds up to the reason why he stole a pokemon. His shy nature also limited him to talk to the head director for a pokemon request.
But this all matters nothing to him. For now, he must find a way to escape.

Last edited:
Izmalov waited until the guards left for home. Soon after that, a swift breeze ran through his neck. Before he knew it, a light tap was produced.
"In trouble, eh?" Said the mysterious voice.
"Yep." Replied Izmalov.
The shadows revealed itself. Behind Izmalov was a boy about the same age as him. Izmalov knew him well, as he was as stealthy as a hawk. He came by the name Axel. His eyes seem to pierce the darkness, as it would seen when you see in daytime. He shielded himself with his cloak.
"I could lend ya some hand." Offered Axel.
"I got nothing to lose." Muttered Izmalov. He turned to him. "What do you propose to do?"
" We could board a ship." Proposed Axel. "Stay on the ship for a nigh few days, and we're off untraced!"
"Good idea, but now..?"
"For now, come with me. I'll take ya to a safe place, buddy!"
Axel jumped through the high fence, and Izmalov tagged along. Axel was known to pop out of nowhere. His personality reads of cheerfulness, as well as light humour. He is not known to be trusted, but Izmalov has nothing to fear for anyway. Axel led Izmalov into a great tree, where metapods and kakunas were hanging by the slender branches.
At the thickest branch of the tree was a wooden cabin. Axel ushered Izmalov inside.
"Quite spacious, eh?" Said Axel.
It was not much, but tolerable. There was one small portable TV, and a rag in front of it. A makeshift sofa lay near the window, where hoot-hoots can be heard hooting in the nightfall. There was a small desk and a small table, where Axel's notes sprawl.
"We could stay here for a while, while I search for a viable ship." Said Axel.
"Fine, then. You sure about this? Cause I think I'm ruining your life or something."
"Sure, sure! No problem! In times like this, you and me could have a great adventure together!"
The last statement bothered Izmalov a bit. By adventure, he thought, it could mean that Axel is trying to lure him into a region where he could challenge him to survive on that region. Could that happen?
Nevertheless, Izmalov took the chance. He wasn't afraid of anything. He got his treecko to accompany him.
He released treecko from the confinement of the pokeball. The treecko stared left and right, wondering why he was here. Half a day ago, he was fed in a luxurious pokemon lab. Now he's brought here, to this shabby tree house. What the heck happened?
"Treecko, my name is Izmalov. Nice to meet you." Said Izmalov.
The treecko, unable to make out of what gibberish Izmalov is speaking, muttered a random saying.
"Ey, you got a pokemon? Oh yeah, you stole it from that professor..." Said Axel. His face now resembled of a sly man trying to make someone feel guilty. "Well, how 'bout a match with me, to warm up this stolen treecko of yours?"
"Daah, quit talkin' that this is stolen. This is now the property of me. I shall call this treecko, Geck. As for the challenge, I accept it, but we cannot battle in this shambling, err...excuse me, quaint tree house. How about we battle down in the earth?"
"Fair enough." Agreed Axel. He whooshed down.

Cold wind blasts around Izmalov's face. He stood in an open plain, moonlight shining into his face.
"Geck, get ready for battle, go!" Called Izmalov.
The pokeball flew and splashed red glows of light around it, but nothing actually appeared. The ball hovered back into Izmalov's hands.
Izmalov, confused, did not know where the treecko goes. His inexperience with battling has left his senses uncalled. Whereas Geck is actually bathed in darkness, his battle senses warming him up.
"Reveal yourself, Squirtle!" Called Axel.
The red light again. The squirtle stood up, poised for battle.
Now it has begun.
Izmalov, with limited experience, began to command exotic moves, of which none Geck has actually known. He had even called Geck for flamethrower and psychic. With Geck confused, and command-less, Axel chuckled and ordered his squirtle for a direct bubble.
Azure swarm of bubbles massed to Geck. Geck, surprised by this attack from darkness, flinched back. Izmalov cringed. He cannot just leave his first pokemon injured like this. This time he remembered. His pokedex! He had been given one ever since his entry to school.
Izmalov checked his pocket, and sure it was, right there. He picked it up and hurried to search for Geck's stats.
The pokedex reads the move that Geck knows:
* Pound
* Bullet seed
* Aerial ace
With this, he cannot just wait there. Izmalov ordered a pound to squirtle.
Geck heard this. He jumped to a tree's branch, and rocketed himself, tail glowing white.
"Withdraw, squirtle!"
Squirtle confined back into his lair. Geck landed a heavy pound on the squirtle, but to the squirtle, it doesn't seem to have any effect.
Grinding his teeths, Izmalov declared a bullet seed to pound the squirtle into submission. Geck opened his mouth and let loose a barrage of seeds. Squirtle, still withdrawn, planned to stall him out for the time being.
It seemed to work. The seeds bounced off like nobody's business. Then, Geck's pokemon brain has an idea.
The gecko swerved and hit the squirtle right in his weak spot. The seeds pierced into the hollow opening where his head belong to.
The squirtle gave up, and showed himself. His head, scratched. The battle seemed to be over, but squirtle, tough and robust, was still good to go. Izmalov decided for another pound.
Geck prepared itself. Axel isn't going to be the defending one, though. He ordered squirtle for a tackle.
With this, treecko shoots himself to squirtle's standing place. Like a torpedo, he was shooting there fast. Squirtle braced itself, and jumped. The two crashed into each other. The two pokemon bounced off each other as an effect.
Squirtle, already weakened by the bullet seeds in his head, was about to faint. For Geck, his hardiness allowed him to regain a few breaths and withstand the thought of fainting. At last, squirtle fell backward and fainted.
The winner of this round was Izmalov.

"Dang, you won this round! Good job, kiddo!" Praised Axel.
He returned the defeated squirtle back.
"My first time." Izmalov grinned. "But thanks to the pokedex, I made it to here."
"Ooh, pokedex? You had one too? Good thing it's not stolen, eh?"
"Be happy, it is not." Said Izmalov.
They retreat back to the tree house. In there, they checked each other's pokedexes out. After a few checks, they decided to rest for the night. Axel tucked into his blanket in his ragged bed, and Izmalov slept on the couch.
The wind was blowing, and the night beckons. Izmalov could hear hootings, and houndours howling. The moonlight shone on his face.
Nevertheless, sleep got caught of him. He fell dead asleep.
The next morning, Izmalov woke up to see the sun shining into his pale face. Judging by the time, it should be around 8 A.M. He checked for Axel; he wasn't there. He figured out maybe he's looking for a ship. In his deck, he found a tattered note that wrote:
Off to find a ship. Meet at Vanguard city Poke mall at 12. Axel.
Izmalov also found some poke dollars for his breakfast.
Well that gives all the instructions. Izmalov rolled out.
The tree Axel's tree house rested in was in the borders of the Gex forest. No wonder last night's sleep was so creepy.
Izmalov took a walk in the streets. Trainers, particularly university students, and professors, mainly dominated the streets. He strolled until he found a suitable restaurant for him and ate his breakfast there provided by Axel's generosity.
After that, he further went about for a stroll, for there is nothing much to do. Vanguard city was a port-town situated on the edges of a sea, and surrounded by Gex forest. It was well known for a trading centre, and a popular pokemon university is also situated here, not far off the shore. This city isn't very big compared to other cities around this region, though.
Izmalov waited at the poke mall, with girls bustling around checking clothes, and nerds checking out text books about pokemon, and the nature of them. For the citizens of Vanguard city, this was one of their spotlight, and it hosts many entertainment, such as bookstores, clubs, etc.
" Kept you waiting, huh?"
"Yeah, somewhat." Replied Izmalov.
Axel appeared behind Izmalov's back, like always. He offered Izmalov for lunch here, at the mall. While at lunch, Axel told Izmalov how he found a suitable ship that would depart tomorrow, at noon.
They spent the rest of their afternoon at the game corner.
After that, it was nearly 6 in the afternoon, so they headed back to the tree-house. Back there, they chatted for a while, with their topic of each other's history.
It turns out that Axel was a popular student in this area's most popular school. He had a good reputation, but also for being mysterious and cunning. They shared stories with each other.
Then, Izmalov dug in his pocket, which he hasn't touched for several days.
He felt something soft, like paper. He pulled it out, it was a pokemon trading card game.
"Oh, you have a deck? Sorry I can't challenge you, I won't bother to buy cards." Said Axel.
"But it gains you some reputation." Izmalov muttered.
They rest again this night.

ok.im not trying to be mean, plus, im not THAT great, but here are some things.

* when someone else speaks, make a new paragraph

*Double space paragraphs

*at the top of a chapter, put the tital at the top

*and, make your chapters a LITTLE longer.

Other then that, your grammer/spelling is great and i like the story!

I heed your advice, Riolu. I shall try it out then.
Parting away​

Izmalov woke up with a start. The sun is bright, perfect for a new day of adventure. He hadn't forgot about the ship, and how he is able to escape unscathed to a new region. He has to wait for several hours until his departure, though. This leaves him vulnerable to further searches of him.

Axel wasn't present at this tree house. He once again left a note on his desk. It tells him to meet at the dock, at a given time tens of minutes before his departure.

Izmalov took a walk again, to the restaurant where he took his breakfast. This time, however, he began to see posters of him, accusing him of every detail how he has stolen a pokemon.

Taken aback by one of the posters, he escaped to an alleyway, alone. Then, as if Lady Luck has given him a second chance, Axel landed on the ground with a slight tap.

"Nice posters eh?" Axel commented slyly.

"Bah, none of your business. With this, how could I survive until we reach the port?" Said Izmalov.

"Oh, I've heard all right. I spied on the securities, and I have gathered some information." Axel looked around. "And it looks safe here, I can tell you the whole story."

"Quickly." Muttered Izmalov.

"Alright, fine. The guards gathered and they said that they couldn't find you anywhere in town. Last night, I took a risk in protecting you. One of the guards actually winded around here. You may or not notice it, but I actually overheard one of the guards patrolled at our tree house. So I picked you up and my bedsheets, and put you at rest near a bush. Then the guards actually came, and you left unscathed. When the guards found out they couldn't find you, they have to resort to bigger acts. That's why they put up posters here and there." Said Axel.

Izmalov found it hard to swallow, unsurprisingly. How could he be taken by Axel by his own two hands, and laid near a bush? And how could someone like Axel go so far as to protect him like this?

There is some logical explanations about this, though. Axel, like Izmalov, has no parents. He has grown into a rough life, but was raised by a wise man, who taught him survivability. As Axel grew up, he learned from his mentor to take care of other kids in this area, for this area has been struck by many disasters generation after generation. This has generated Axel compassion with every living being, although he really may not look like it.

"Anyway, I have a hood here you can wear. It covers your face well, all right." Said Axel.

Axel handed Izmalov a rough home-made hood. Izmalov wore it carefully, and he took a look at his face on a clear puddle. It really covers his face, all right. Nobody can actually see his actual facial expression except by moving exactly five centimeters ahead of him.

They moved on, and took a breakfast at the restaurant as usual.

They spent the rest of the morning preparing for the journey that awaits him. They salvaged all they need for the journey, such as text books, clothes, and such other items.

After they had done this, they went to the port. There, the port was bustling with lively actions. Wingulls hovered around the sea coast, annoying some sailors. Machokes are busy carrying heavy crates. The nearby inn was full of sailors, and possibly some pirates. Taverns filled with men looking to be hired as a ship mate or captain.

Axel led Izmalov to the ship he proposed to be setting off with. The ship was found out to be a freighter, though not as old seeming as the other freighters. The captain stood in front of the gangplank, overseeing his crews and machokes to carry the cargo of the ship. When Izmalov and Axel took a closer look at the captain, the captain looked middle-aged, tall and muscular. He noticed the two boys, and greeted them warmly.

"Ahh, so this must be Izmalov, yes?" Said the captain. Izmalov nodded.

"Nice to meet ya onboard my ship! Name's Jean!" Greeted Gene. He offered his hand to Izmalov, and Izmalov shook it.

The two agreed to go onboard and have a cup of tea from Azalea town. They went to a cabin, where visitor meetings are discussed. Jean asked Izmalov politely to disclose the whole story to him.

Izmalov doesn't really like the whole idea of telling a governmental secret to a captain, but since he did not want to let Jean down, he started his story without further ado.

After the storytelling, Jean's face did not really change at all. He seemed to be really enjoying the whole idea of escaping from a city. Axel inquired Jean if he believed the whole story truly, because Jean's face was both a mixture of calmness and relaxation.

"Oh, of course I do. I've seen the poster." Jean grinned.

Axel grinned right back, and the two faced at Izmalov, whose face turned guilty at the sight of two men.

Soon, it was time to depart. The cargo is set, they were ready.

Right before they took off, though, a sergeant from the city came and asked Jean to let his men check his whole ship for any tracks of a "knave, so-called Izmalov."

Jean knew what to do. He told the sergeant to wait there, while Jean talks into his men what he's going to do. The sergeant agreed and waited at the shore while Jean walked to Axel and Izmalov.

Izmalov asked what happened that made him delay the departure.

"Government people looking for you. You guys better hide, and quick. Off to the cargo room, now!" Commanded the ship captain.

The two boys hurried off without delay. Jean led the boy into a secluded part of the ship. The room was dirty, dark, and dank. However, if they would have to pick two choices, which is to live in a cell or to stay inside a dungeon for five minutes, Izmalov would do anything to choose the second option. So the two hurried inside.

When the door closed, no light shone. It was all dark.

Izmalov could swore he heard zubats flying.

After a few minutes, Izmalov's senses perceived footsteps coming ahead to this room.

Then the door opened. A tall silhouette overshadowed a part of the room.

Axel, in an instant, dragged Izmalov inside a crate and shut himself in there. He knew it wasn't the ship captain from the looks of the silhouette.

After about five minutes of bad experience inside an empty crate filled with dirt, they hear the footsteps move away.

Axel, cannot standing the fould smell of the crate, jumped out of the crate.

Izmalov, with his paranoid senses, suggested Axel not to move out of the room just yet. He told Axel to wait until Jean comes back in.

This doesn't seem appeal well enough to Axel, however. They waited for about ten minutes until they could sense the ship moving. Right after that, another set of footsteps send sound waves into the boys' ears.

The door opened, and cast a glow of illuminating brightness over the dark room. This time, it was truly the captain himself.

"Gentlemen, we have departed Vanguard City," Announced Jean.

Last edited:
Hi. I’m just going to whip up a little note on using quotations properly.

Let’s take this sentence from your recent chapter as an example: “"Gentlemen, we departed Vanguard City." Announced Jean.

First off, it should be “we have departed”, because ‘have’ suggests that they just left – which they did. Now let’s see what it looks like when we remove the quotes:

Gentlemen, we have departed Vanguard City. Announced Jean.

That doesn’t sound right, does it? Say it out loud, with the usual pause after the period. “Announced Jean” is no proper sentence; if there’s not a proper sentence it has to be changed, regardless of the presence of quotes. That means the period must become a comma, and “announced” shouldn’t be capitalized. Therefore, adding the quotes back in their proper place, we come to the correct usage:

“Gentlemen, we have departed Vanguard City,” announced Jean.

More examples…

"Quickly." Muttered Izmalov. --> “Quickly,” muttered Izmalov.

"Nice to meet ya onboard my ship! Name's Jean!" Greeted Gene. --> “Nice to meet ya onboard my ship! Name’s Jean!” greeted Gene.

Keep in mind that the example above me keeps the exclamation point, but still has a lowercase word after it.

Other than that, there’s just a trouble with tenses. (“She troops up to the Piplup” as opposed to “She trooped up to the Piplup” and so on. Keep a tense – past or present – and stick with it.)

---- Chapter 1 -----
Lost​

Jean led the two boys to their cabin room, where they put down their packages and adjust to the room.

It wasn't a small room, nor a big one. It has the air of a captain boy's cabin. The smell of the sea prevailed in the air. There was a double decked bed next to a round window. A desk stood out not far from the bed, accompanied with a chair and stationaries.

Izmalov, still having the hood, kept on it in case one of the Vanguard polices was on board. He still was being paranoid of the polices. He didn't think he was safe until he landed on the destined city.

"So which city are we going?" asked Izmalov.

"The region we're going will be in a region called Kanto, a city named Vermillion city," explained Axel. "Though I must say, I heard there are places called gyms there, and if you want to be a trainer, you'd have to defeat all the gym leaders in the region."

"Gyms?" Asked Izmalov.

"Yup, gyms," replied Axel. He took out a small guidebook that beared the title: "Kanto Region". "According to the guidebook, it says that Kanto is situated far away from our region: Kishi region. And according to our world map here, Kishi region is situated near a region called "Hoenn".

"Give me that guidebook," said Izmalov. He reached for the guidebook, only to find Axel's hand in his way.

"Here, get this," He said, reaching for his bagpack. He took out a book exactly the right size and beared the same title as Axel is now holding. Izmalov grabbed the book, and began flipping over the pages. The two boys, actively in the mood to learn more about their current world, read until dinnertime.

Dinnertime started about an hour and a half after the departure of the ship. It was quite of a feast, and thankfully, for Izmalov, there wasn't any Vanguard Polices joining the dinner.

After the dinner, the boys, tired of what events happened today, slept in after the dinner.

The next morning, Izmalov woke up. He found nobody in his room, as usual. Axel always wakes up earlier than him. He peeked outside the round window, and found wingulls flocking around and flying in circles. The sky, however, doesn't look too usual. The sun was absent, but nonetheless, the sky still clear.

He opened the door, and walked down the boardwalk. It was quite lively here at the ship: SS Fane. The sea was unusually rough, a bad sign for what things yet to come.

"Good morning, Izmalov. Breakfast's gonna be served soon!"

From the top, Axel jumped down behind Izmalov's back, whom Izmalov was sightseeing the harmony of the ocean. Pelippers were scooping fishes around here, sharpedoes chasing magikarps, mantines gliding on the ocean floor.

"Quite a view, eh?" Commented Axel, who now was beside Izmalov. Izmalov nodded mutingly.

"Well, then, shall we?" Said Axel.

"Shall what?" Replied Izmalov.

"To breakfast off be with you!" Axel said playfully. He disappeared into the dining room.

Izmalov continues to view the ocean. Later on, he went to the breakfast, finding sailors chowing down on bacon, eggs and other breakfast delicacies.

After that, Izmalov walked down to his own room to read and learn more. Axel was outside, actively helping sailors out and sometimes climbing up to the radar room's rooftop to view the ocean.

What Izmalov's reading is a text about Kanto's gymleaders. The whole chapter was written by a renowned proffessor: Proffessor Oak. It seemed, to Izmalov, that Proffessor Oak has a great understanding of the nature of Kanto, and its surrounding nature. The gym leaders of Kanto, as it listed: Brock, Misty, Lieutenant Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, and the final gym leader unknown. He wondered if Geck would be good enough to take on the gym leaders by himself.

That's when he learned that sometimes, by having more pokemon, it will be more fun and safer to travel.

Izmalov figured out, from the book, that there are several professions that a person could take. A trainer is a person that dedicates themselves to battling and catching pokemon, and its goal, to defeat the gym leaders and the elite four themselves. A breeder is a person who dedicates themselves to breeding pokemon. A contestant, a person who dedicates themselves to winning contests and ribbons, and finally entering the Grand Festival itself. There are many more, but Izmalov considered them inferior to the 3 main professions.

To Izmalov's own decision, he thus decided to be a trainer, for he seemed to have a gift for battling as demonstrated by his first battle with Geck.

Axel walked in the room. Izmalov asked him what profession will he take on. Axel sported a quizzical expression, and Izmalov showed him the book.

After some time, Axel told Izmalov that he didn't want to choose yet. He deemed the time now was too early for yet to choose.

Izmalov, puzzled, argued back that there was once a trainer by the name "Ash", that championed the gym leaders by the age of 11. Thus, Axel gave in and he told Izmalov that he will "probably" be the breeder.

"Why would you want to be a breeder?" Questioned Izmalov.

"It's a personal question, but okay. First of all, I like to tame wild pokemon, and training them as if it's my own. Second of all, imagine having a pokemon farm! Isn't that great" Replied Axel.

"Well...okay, be that way." Said Izmalov.

Izmalov continued to read, and Axel went back outside, searching for more adventures.

Not long later, lunch came in.

"Hey, have you noticed the sky's getting darker every time?" Said one sailor.

"Yeah, my unlucky charm also glowed." Replied another sailor.

"Heey, come on, that charm's junk." Said a frivolic sailor.

Axel took interest on the pleasure, in which it started a pokemon battle between the charm holder and the charm questioner.

The match battle was then held, much to Izmalov's surprise, on the ship's bottom storage. It was a standard match battle, 3 on 3. The first match begin with the charm holder's spoink against the questioner's drowzee.

The first round goes to the questioner.

The second round goes with the charm holder's camerupt against drowzee. Camerupt won this time.

The third round goes with camerupt against starly. Camerupt won again.

The final round, a dazzling camerupt against bibarel.

It was a heated battle, with camerupt spitting fire, but careful not to hit the fragile wooden barrels, and bibarel trying to gnaw into camerupt's rock hard body.

At last, bibarel gave in and fainted. The round goes to the charm holder. It was a shame, to the questioner, because he lost to a single pokemon. At least, he had some justification for the loss since he was still a young man, and the holder middle-aged.

To this match did Izmalov recorded the pokemon's data. He managed to capture bibarel, camerupt, starly, drowzee, and spoink's data.

However, this battle had caused minor wreckages to the ship's interior. The workers got that fixed, though.

That night, the moonlight gleamed even brighter. Izmalov had to cover his face with his hood, in which it has a use ever since he found out there was not a Vanguard Police on board.

The next morning, the sky was darker than before. It was an ill omen to most sailors. Axel was unusually calm and not as excited as before. The weather has ominous effects on the ship.

The sea was also even rougher than before. The blue, azure sea became darker. The wind was also blowing hard.

Jean stood next to the boys, carefully analyzing the data. He concluded that a storm is coming.

Axel inquired how much time the ship needs to arrive at Vermillion city bay. The sailor replied that it would need at least a week to arrive there.

At lunch, a struck of thunder signifies that the captain's words were spoken correct.

Izmalov's paranoid nature enabled him to pack up his belongings in case the storm happened to blow him out of the ship. This way, he could rely on the bag for provisions and guidance.

About an hour later, the storm did blew. The sky was black as opposed to the morning grey. The wind was rough, the ship rocked heavingly at the waves.

They didn't have much chance, the storm blew hard. The ship rocked, and Izmalov had a hard time clambering on the fence. The storm blew and blew. It grew bigger, until Izmalov cannot hold his paranoia no more. He convinced Axel to come with him to the rescue boat. There, he sat until the storm stopped. The sailors, and even Jean tried to convince him to get off the boat, but got rewarded by a good splash of sea water and a magikarp on Jean's face.

The waves were high enough to touch the hull of the rescue boat. Then, finally, the wave threw the boat aback, and the thin rope broke free from the freighter's grip. The rescue boat was released.

Izmalov and Axel cried for help, but the enervating wind kept down their voices. The turbulence disabled them to keep contact to the ship. Jean tried to throw a rope to the boat, but missed and finally, it was hopeless. The boat was too far away from the ship. Axel and Izmalov was helplessly stranded afar.

Escape​

Splish! Splash! Splosh!

Izmalov opened his eyes, and felt the waves creeping to him. He could feel the sand beneath him as he stood up from the heat of the sun.

He viewed the surroundings. He had survived, survived the heavy storm that blew. It was all his fault. It was all his fault that led him to this mysterious island and beach. His cloak was a bit drenched, and his hood full of seaweed. His bagpack lied safely below him, still drenched in sea water.

He checked the inner of his bagpack. Inside was half-full of water, but the materials inside still works. His guidebook was tattered and drenched, but it seemed to be of no use to him unless this island truly belongs to Kanto. He found some food inside, and, not knowing how long he had been sleeping in this very beach, helped himself to some, and ignoring the saltiness of the taste.

To his relief, Geck's pokeball seemed safe and sound in his clutch. He released the treecko in case anything is wrong. The treecko looked fine, but a bit parched. Izmalov grabbed a pack of water and fed Geck with it.

Now Izmalov had another thing to worry about. Where is Axel? Where is the friend or foe that led him to this accursed island?

Sure there was, in the distance, was Axel's slender body. He seemed to be surveying the sands.

Izmalov walked steadily to him. In a closer perspective, Axel was viewing the behavior of some little pokemon in the sand.

Izmalov checked his pockets for his pokedex. To his great relief, it was still there, albeit choked with water.

He tested the pokedex out, but it won't work. It managed to power on, but it would not respond to the pokemon scuttling in the sands.

"No dice, huh?" Remarked Axel.

"Yeah, and that means that we're in a new region," said Izmalov.

"Right, so we're stuck in this island?" Said Axel.

"Yes, perhaps. We should try to survive in this island for the time being," proposed Izmalov.

"So what do we do now?"

"Good question.." Said Izmalov." But I need to work on this pokedex. First, we need to get familiar with the pokemon in this island. Then, using the pokedex, we could have a better chance of surviving in the island, agree?"

"Agreed, but the pokedex won't work. And besides, we're out of pokeballs to capture wild pokemon here anyway," argued Axel.

"In this case, we have to find inhabitants in this island," said Izmalov.

"It won't be that easy," said Axel. "First of all, how big do you think the island will be? Other than that, call me crazy, but I think this island may be as big as a region itself. And look at all these forests," he pointed to the jungle.

"Look, Axel. We might or might not have a chance, but it is our only choice we had. Do we have anything to lose? No, that's why we'll try our best into settling in this island. Whether or not there's inhabitants here, someday we can work on a usable ship and sail away or so. Think about that later, but priority goes to survival, got that?" Speeched Izmalov.

"Fine, fine, as long as we survive, got that?" Agreed Axel.

"Umhi, umhi, umhi, hasfe sou wey hefa rei?"

The two boys froze. Izmalov slowly turned his head to find a towering, traditionally looking embroidered clothed man near his back. He was speaking a language that the two boys cannot understand and even deemed ridiculous.

The man continued to talk gibberish. Izmalov tried to negotiate with him: "Look, we're survivors from the storm, see that?" He gestured at the sky.

"Dahomuy wesh asaam!"

"Alright. So, as you can see, we seek refuge." Izmalov took a small stick lying in the sand and tries to draw a badly drawn tent.

"Oosh! Oheai, komus erwi moi." Gestured the native. The native pointed out to the woods and signaled a sign to follow him.

The native walked on, but the two boys were left deciding on their own.

"Psst, should we trust this guy here? He doesn't seem to be a cannibal, right?" Said Axel.

"We've no choice, let's follow him," said Izmalov.

They tagged along the strange man.

The jungle was bustling with life. All around, strange pokemons were crawling, dancing, and gliding.

After a few minutes, they came upon a clearing. Upon the clearing was a wide open plain, in which the two boys can barely see some little thatched huts.

Indeed, the man led the two boys there. It turned out to be a good sized village. The villagers seemed to be glad that the man arrived.

Then came the discussion. The two boys, in the center of the crowd with an orator speaking, cannot barely understand a single word those natives were saying.

Then, like bird's fortune, a woman with clothes seemingly of the boys' style appeared from the crowd.

"You boys are survivors from last night's storm?" The woman asked in the boys' native tongue. The boys, overjoyed to meet someone from their native world, conversed with the woman how Izmalov had to escape because of theft and stories like that.

The woman turned out to be called Keesha. She had been living in the village for several years. She confessed that she'd also been shipwrecked in this very island herself. How she learned the native tongue of this island, is because she had learned by wisemen of this village.

Keesha had a big hut near the native man's house. Her hut seemed to be more modern styled, albeit constructed of local materials. She led the boys inside, and showed them her lab.

It turned out that Keesha is also a pokemon proffessor. She had known proffessor Birch, and wants to visit him to share her studies but an unfortunate gale of wind blew her to this island. Thus, she explained, this island is called "Shipwreck Island" by the native tongue.

She explained further things about Shipwreck Island, acting like an encyclopaedia on foot. She told the boys that this island belongs to a region called the Highborne Region. According to her researches, it lied isolated from other regions, and storms barricaded the island from ship visits.

The island was connected to the main region by a series of wooden bridges, built by ancestral humans. The region's weathers are generally warm, and humid, but Keesha explained that the weather has four seasons as well. This island is mainly inhabited by natives, and there are such civilisation alive in this region. The active civilisations doesn't want to harm the delicate ecosystem in this island, so they leave the island to the natives.

Izmalov asked how far will the main city be.

"It's about a week of walking from here," replied Keesha.

Further discussions are omitted as Izmalov inquired for an updated poxedex. Keesha was glad to hear from a young man, for she had no assistants. She happily upgraded the two boys' pokedexes.

Keesha had a pokemon as well, but most of the pokemon there were native pokemons. This is a good chance for Izmalov to record the data of several pokemon.

The pokemon all looked very exotic to Izmalov. There was pokemon that looked like monkeys, worms, etc. In total, Izmalov managed to record the data of 15 pokemon.

"So what do you boys plan to do?" Asked Keesha.

"We're gonna stay here for a while, and then we're going to journey to the city you said," said Izmalov.

"Fine enough. I have a few spare rooms here, you may use them." Offered Keesha.

"Gladly, thank you very much." Said Izmalov.

Axel was carefully examining a large piece of meteorite displayed at a glass box. The whole room looked like a museum itself to Axel. He was captivated by all this archaelogical artifacts. There were fossils of the early pokemon, tablets of the early civilizations, etc.

It was soon noontime, so Izmalov and Geck went out for lunch. Keesha led the boys into the village center, where Keesha introduced the boys with the villagers.

"This is Zamon, our village chieftain," she pointed to the man that led the two boys into this village. "That one is Borgan, village priest," she pointed to a small man in a cloak, wearing a mysterious headdress. "And that, is our village general, general Xeman." And she pointed out to a tall, armored man.

After the introduction, lunch was served. The two boys waited for their servings, and it actually was ground cooked unknown meat.

After that, the two boys made more inquiries to the proffessor, assaulting her with questions of this mysterious region. Luckily, the proffessor was patient, and answered the boys' questions one-by-one.

"How did that Zamon guy find us here in the beach?" Asked Izmalov.

"Well, first of all, he heard the message from Borgan, that a storm is coming and two boys will emerge from the sea. He heed the message and the day the storm calmed down, he went to the beach to sought you two boys." Explained Keesha.

Dinner was served late in the afternoon. Dinner this time was roasted fish, and all these traditional barbecued food. The villagers was particularly interested in Izmalov's Geck, for they eyed the treecko with curiosity and Geck glared back at them.

The boys had a separate room. Izmalov's room was hotel-sized. Spacious, and lively. Axel had a similar room. For these days, Izmalov and Axel would stay and gather provisions until they can sally forth to the said city. There, Izmalov could ask if there's such gyms in this region.

Then the boys slept.

Village​

Morning has broken, the first pokemon has spoken.

Izmalov woke up from his cold sleep, awakening fresh from the sunlight that shone through the home-made glass window. He rose from his sacked bed, and made it. His room, now clear with sunlight from the sky, is actually quite spacious and lively. Even though the bed is quite spartan, there are candles for lighting, wooden desks, and even a bench inside his room.

It was time for breakfast. He wandered down the corridor, and got lost for a few minutes until he encountered Axel along the way, and, surprisingly, who led him outside. The whole village seemed to be crowding around some ancient street, whom food bars were set around. Actually, no food bars go with no line, so there was always waiting if you want food.

Izmalov lined up along one food bar, and Axel the other one. When Izmalov got to the stall, he could see primitive platters stuffed with food. In his stall, he found several meat dishes along with eggs from, reckoned by Izmalov, wild pokemon. He got along with his plate and walked to where Keesha was sitting near the ground. Axel soon followed suit with stew.

They ate the breakfast heartily, with few talk.

After the breakfast, Izmalov decided to stroll around the town a bit. The village was actually pretty big, and not so ancient as Izmalov thought it would be. He went to the center of the town, where villagers gathered and women gossip. Izmalov could also see Zamon, cloaked in his royal dress, counseling his people in the distance.

Izmalov noticed a map carved out of stone near a thatched hut. He took a closer look at it, but it was of another language that he could not understand. It was well carved, though, and even though Izmalov does not understand the local language here, he could at least decipher what the map could mean.

He eyed the bottom of the page to see any scales, but could not find them. The only good technology he see here is the north-west-south-east scale.

He went to the main point of the map. Right now, Izmalov was standing at the center of the village, in which the Village Head's shack was located. West of Zamon's shack was the (deciphered by Izmalov) Shrine of Vashlind. South of here to go, was the Village professor's lab, which was obviously Keesha. Then, south of that lies the Food Court.

East of here was the coast, and north to the coast was the river, in which villagers would go with their jugs and refill the town's supply of water.

Izmalov traced the road, north to the shrine, in which a bridge crossed the river. From there on, the long winded path would begin and the forest would close in. It pointed north, which means that they must travel along that path if they were to reach the city.

There are further entertainments to the city that Izmalov wanted to take a look at. He went to the market, walking south-west from here.

The market was bustling with excitement, many merchants gathered in groups, and co-operatively selling their wares. Goods were sold in open air tables with canvas spread out to block the sun. Izmalov would see every now and then, caravan traveling in weird looking pokemon, and bartering with local merchants.

Izmalov took a look at some stores, and he found some interesting stuffs. He found weird grasses and peculiar food. He even found pokemon meat, namely cyboar meat, magikarp fish meat, trouter fish meat, and even tyranno meat.

Some pokemon were also sold. He went to those merchants, took out his pokedex and recorded some data. He found a wild boar pokemon, which was called boafoal. He learned that it can evolve to a pokemon named cyboar. The types of boafoal is ground, and cyboar ground-psychic. Izmalov found it weird that an ordinary wild boar type could evolve to a psychic boar, but according to the pokedex, when the boar grows up, a mysterious pokemon grants it psychic power. Then, the boar's face metamorphs and turned machine-like. Its body then turned rough, and hard. Even though its hides are tough to be reckoned with, its meat was still a delicacy, as shown in the earlier stalls.

There are several other weird pokemons, such as a goat-like pokemon, giant ant pokemon, and even spider pokemon namely spinarak and ariados.

He asked the price of those pokemon, but the price was ridiculously overpriced, as one merchant asked for a hundred reals for a magikarp. So Izmalov just let that be, and catch his own pokemon by himself.

Then he came to a stall that sold pokeballs. Since Izmalov just started out with his Geck, to protect himself he needs more pokemon. He checked the pokeballs, and they seemed to be village-made. Izmalov asked the seller to try it out before he could buy it, since he had enough money to buy at least 5 pokeballs. The money was given out by Keesha from Zamon as a gift to start out.

It was a good luck for Izmalov that the vendor was a kind-hearted man who let him test it out to a wild caterpie. Since it was his first time using a pokeball, he was pretty nervous. The vendor perceived this, and counseled him from pushing the red button to enlarge it, to even the angle his arms need to throw the pokeball.

Izmalov then threw his pokeball at the caterpie, and it was a beginner's luck that had happened here, because the pokeball missed, and headed for a wild bird. The bird shielded itself with her wings, and the pokeball deflected right into caterpie. A flash of bright red light occured, then the caterpie was confined right within the pokeball's center.

Tough luck, that is, because the caterpie fled within the last second. Seemed that Izmalov did not weaken it enough. However, Izmalov judged that the pokeball was usable and bought 5 of it. It was a good bargain, luckily, because when he asked the other pokeball merchants, it was at least 5 reals higher priced than this kind vendor.

He also found an unusually designed tent near the market. He could hear voices coming out from there. He went inside to take a look.

Inside the tent was a huge crowd of people gathered in, and standing. However, to Izmalov's surprise, he could see Axel standing in a wooden platform at the back of the tent, showing off his other pokemon, Taillow.

Seemed that this was a contest hall. As a starter, Axel doesn't get a lot of cheering, but the crowd, seeing the exotic pokemon, began to take interest from it, especially Keesha who happened to be a judge.

The whole contest ends with a very cool dog that breathes flames through its jowls. Then, the result was decided after that.

Izmalov shuffled through the crowds to meet Axel in the backstage.

"Amazing acting, eh?" Said Axel.

"Yeah, well. How did you get to here?" Asked Izmalov.

"That? Simple, I decided," said Axel.

"Decided? You mean the profession, right?" Said Izmalov.

"Yup, that's right," chimed Axel," so I told Keesha what I wanted to be and fortunately, she told me all about contests. After that, she took me here where I had a first try at the rank- D contest."

"Ahh...I see...here comes the results," said Izmalov.

The two boys cannot understand what the judges were saying, but Keesha translated them to the boys. She informed that Axel got the award for being the most exotic, and the first prize for the battle award. However, he is ranked second for the total.

Axel thought this was still a good feat for a newcomer, and was satisfied by it. By then, the crowd waved out of the room. It was time for lunch.

Lunch was held at the food court as usual.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with Izmalov's Geck sparring with a local trainer's Stambull, an evolution from tauros, the wild ox pokemon.

It was held in the town's dueling center, where a large stone building was erected. Inside, multiple duel fields are taken and dueled.

Geck and Stambull rounded against each other, Geck giving Stambull the glare and Stambull trying to intimidate Geck.

The match was a clear disadvantage to Geck, since the treecko had no trees to fly and glide to his advantage. Stambull then does the trademark bull rush, charging straight into Geck.

Geck does a last second jump and leaped into the air. Stambull charged past like a whirling missile. Geck then latched itself into Stambull's back.

This made the bull go berserk, snarling and frantically trying to get the treecko get off his back. Geck, however, stayed put and tried to injure Stambull indirectly by letting him crash into the grounds and walls.

This might've worked, but Stambull's inner vitality enabled him to stay put for a mighty long time. Eventually, Geck surrendered and jumped off from the mad bull's back.

The two then does the stare again. Stambull roared and charged again.

Geck dodged it, landed into a wall, and grabbed a red cloak from it. He landed on the ground with the red cloak, looking like a bull fighter now.

Unfortunately, this roused the bull's inner power. The bull evolved. Yes, he evolved, his white body glowing and growing. Then, his final form was revealed. It has evolved into the all-mighty Rurabull.

The Rurabull unleashed a mighty roar that tries to intimidate Geck. Geck however, stayed put even though the massive bull towered near him.

The bull charged, this time, much faster, and glowed white. Geck jumped, but it was too late. The horns caught the leg of the treecko and he lost its balance.

However, a disaster also happened to the mighty Rurabull. It cannot stop itself, and it crashed into the walls of the duel building. It managed to create itself a massive hole.

Geck, the trainer, and Izmalov followed suit. The Rurabull had created a trail through the jungle. Geck, his forest adept senses awakening, jumped tree to tree, trying to search the rampaging bull.

Geck stood face to face with rurabull near a brook, eyeing each other, trying to justify the cruel.

Geck's body glowed white, and gradually metamorphosed. After a few seconds, it had evolved and Geck gained his form taken as a grovyle.

Without the need for command, both pokemon charged at each other. With the new field, Geck has gained his field advantage. He charged and jumped to a tree from rurabull's mighty maraud. Quickly, Geck dashed from a branch, and, elbow glowing green, slashed the bull with his signature move, leaf blade.

This knocked rurabull aback. He nearly crashed into the raging waters of the brook, but managed to keep his composure. The bull then prepared for another charge.

After the usual power up, rurabull charged, top speed. Geck also charged, with his leaf blade.

When the two crashed, a mighty light shines. After that, rurabull was seen standing, but Geck was nowhere to be seen. All there in front of rurabull was leaves.

Then, suddenly, a death from above came. Geck performed his air leaf blade, using his terrain manipulation. This further knocked rurabull aback, and it fell right to the brook.

Fortunately, at the right time, the two trainers happened to arrive at due time. They immediately saw Geck standing, exhausted. Then, the rurabull trainer saw his precious evolution, battered and cut, being hauled by the current of the brook. He shouted and pointed to his rurabull, and that's when Izmalov noticed the current situation. He ordered Geck to bring it back, but doubted if rurabull's massive weight can beheld by Geck alone.

It doesn't work as planned. Rurabull was simply too heavy. Then, Geck, with his forest mastery, had an idea inside his pokemon brain.

He ran into a bush and gathered some twigs. With no time to lose, began to weave the twigs together. Apparently, he was planning to make a huge net to trap rurabull, despite the heavy weight. He has to work fast, for tens of meters ahead of rurabull lies a cascade which may prove fatal to even the mighty bull.

Noticing Geck's idea, the rurabull trainer released his grass pokemons to aid him. He seemed to have a sudowoodo, to Izmalov's curiosity.

In no time, a net firm enough to grapple a human was made. Geck then made his first attempt. He ran parallel to the direction rurabull was flowing, and, with precise accuracy, threw the net hard.

The net flew over the river and caught rurabull right in his whole body. The force of the net kicked rurabull out of his place in the river, and he landed his body right on the soft grass, where the net made from twigs shattered to pieces.

Delighted from the pokemon's safety, Izmalov and the rurabull trainer began to rejoice, but first they had to cross the river, which was nearly impossible from the looks of the raging stream.

In Izmalov's thoughts, he thought the red light from the pokeball might reach rurabull and capture him safely inside his pokeball. It seemed too far, but it was worth a try. Izmalov gestured to the trainer, whom was still contemplating an idea to cross the river, and told the trainer to use the pokeball to capture him from here.

Fortunately, the trainer was good enough to understand, and even obey. He took out his pokeball and flashed the red light.

Right in the tip, the red light barely touched it. Rurabull's fainted body heaved back into the pokeball, where he was belonged to.

After this, Izmalov concluded himself as the winner. It was a nigh too early to rejoice, however, as they need to get back right in the Village for dinner. Sunset was setting down, and they barely knew the path.

Geck fortunately knew the way. He tugged Izmalov by his cloak and gestured him to follow. Izmalov faithfully followed his own pokemon, and told the trainer to follow the grovyle.

Not long later, they were able to reach from where they had begun battling, namely the Duel Arena. Multiple of villagers gathered around the hole in which rurabull managed to probe.

They had nothing to worry, however. The repair was minor compared to the other year's disaster. Izmalov wondered what happened in the other year's disaster. He then planned to ask Keesha about that disaster.

After the dinner, he then performed his plan. Izmalov asked Keesha what happened in the disaster that occurred in the Duel Arena.

" All right. Last year, there was 2 trainers fighting. Those trainers are hardcore and professional, unlike most villagers here. They seemed to be...foreign in terms of appearance. They booked the court in this duel area, and we gave them a court.
Unfortunately, the two trainers, as professional as they were, their pokemon were as well trained. Their pokemons are amazingly well trained, as well as powerful. As they are powerful, this building was nothing for them to be demolished. As such, one trainer's pokemons had nearly evicted the whole Duel Arena." Told Keesha.

"W-who was the pokemon?" Asked Izmalov, in an air of fear.

"Ancient Tyranitar," answered Keesha. "It was a legendary tyranitar, not like the ordinary tyranitar here. It's colossal in size, and its strength a match among the other legendary pokemons as well."

"So the tyranitar wrecked the building?" Asked Izmalov.

"Correct," answered Keesha.

Izmalov shuddered. He imagined a pokemon so colossal fighting a pokemon midget compared, and powerless. The imagination of tyranitar actually bigger than the Duel Arena even got Izmalov nightmares.

It is enough today. He needed to get some rest.

Right in his room, Axel barged in and asked Izmalov about the day. Izmalov described the whole battle in his point of view, even though the battle between Geck and rurabull was not seen by Izmalov.

Izmalov released Geck, who was still awake but tired from the battle. He showed Axel Geck's new form, which is grovyle. It's power greatly enhanced, as shown by his elbow growing jagged sharp leaves. It's physical prowess also improved, for his legs were seen to be more muscular.

After the show-off, Izmalov went to bed.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom