• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The summary mentioned May and Max but it asks where they are. Chances are, they aren't around at the beginning at least.

Scenario 1: 4Kids cut the arrival of Max from Scott and the Battle Frontier and this is set while Ash is at Pallet Town. (This would probaly also involve May's fifth Hoenn contest airing in April.)

Scenario 2: While travelling, May and Max disappear while Brock is just off being Brock. Ash receives an invite to the mansion and meets Misty there.

Scenario 3: Ash meets Professor Oak and Misty who tell him he has been invited to the mansion.

What interests me more still is where the hell this episode came from. >_>

I mean 4Kids have gotten the animators to do little bits for them on the side, but only parts of an intro and that tiny bit at the end of 4ever. Demanding a 60 minute special completely original to them seems extremely overbearing and in general, a hell of a lot to ask.

If this has been written by 4Kids and is 100% Dub-Only, I have dibs on Giovanni being in it and him being revealed as Ash's dad. Anyone who's even heard of Pokemon Live would know how much of a hardon they have for trying to make that 'fact'.

Its more likely they asked the producers in Japan to Animate and Write it and it may air in Japan later in the year

We'll have to see the animation style before we attempt to work that out. Though it would be interesting if this was made in America and dubbed for Japan later...

On Giovanni, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the mysterious stranger.

I severely doubt 4kids is going to edit those three Misty episodes just for the sake of fitting this special in. If KidsWb continues the 2 new episode a week thing, we'll be way past those episodes anyway.

Again, this will probably take place out of continuity, with Misty traveling with Ash for no reason at all. Not everything has to fit in with the show, especially a dub-made 10th anniverssary special.

DO YOU NOT READ WHAT I SAY?

Many times in the show they have had a recurring character just crop up and meet the group right at the start of an episode.

Chances are this is what happens. Nowhere does it say Ash is travelling with Misty and so forth

Jesus Christ

Doctor Oak said:
If this has been written by 4Kids and is 100% Dub-Only, I have dibs on Giovanni being in it and him being revealed as Ash's dad. Anyone who's even heard of Pokemon Live would know how much of a hardon they have for trying to make that 'fact'.
I don't know what version you saw, but in the one I saw Delia said that she hung out with Giovanni and proto-Team Rocket but later straightened up her life and met Ash's dad. Seems to me that they were trying to deny it.

...Unless you're implying something and I totally missed it, which is rather likely....
...Or unless I totally forgot some "Ok, Ash, Professor Oak, I lied. Giovanni is your father, Ash" part....

Pokémon Live makes DiamondShipping past-canon but says that someone else is Ash's father, (while neglecting to state who.)

Kthleen said:
I don't know what version you saw, but in the one I saw Delia said that she hung out with Giovanni and proto-Team Rocket but later straightened up her life and met Ash's dad. Seems to me that they were trying to deny it.

...Unless you're implying something and I totally missed it, which is rather likely....
...Or unless I totally forgot some "Ok, Ash, Professor Oak, I lied. Giovanni is your father, Ash" part....

I'd only read the little available online about it. Not being one of the few hundred that actually saw the thing I didn't know the small details in it. Everything I've read has made it seem that Giovanni was Ash's dad - as well as songs like 'I've got a secret' and 'you just can't win'...

Oh wells.

Man, I really wish I could see it, is their a video anywhere of it?

Like a recording or something, not a DVD or VHS.

Wait, FabuVinny, are you saying that only Ash, Misty and Professor Oak are gonna be in this special? O_O

That doesn't sound right......

And I don't think that what some people are saying on here is true.

There's no way that 4Kids would actually edit out important characters, especially in those 3 upcoming episodes where Misty returns.

They've never done that before, and I don't think they'd start doing it now.

So, anyway, I'm either gonna with the theory that May and Max are in this special, but we just don't know anything about it yet. Or, I'll go with the theory that they aren't gonna be in this special and that it just takes place outside the actual storyline of the anime, to be a unique special or something.

I have no idea which one of those it could be......

Max's arrival in Pallet Town could easily be cut and replaced with May and Max meeting Ash in this special... if that is what happens. That Pokémon Fan specifically questions their whereabouts makes me think there is more to it than that, however.

What we do know is that Ash, Misty and Professor Oak are the ones invited to the Mirage Mansion and so those three will be the main characters at the start.

Oh, I see......

And you found this out from reading Pokemon Fan?

That magazine sounds familiar.

I think I've received an older issue of that before, by ordering something on the Pokemon Center's website.

Isn't it like a little booklet or something that has information on upcoming Pokemon games, events, movies, and episodes of the anime?

Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

How do you subscribe to Pokemon Fan, is it American? I've never heard of it!
-------------------------------------
Professor Yung, that sounds fammiliar somewhat...

Someone who got the Pokemon Fan thing said the picture of Misty was in her old Kanto/Johto clothes and not her AG outfit. :/

At this rate I wonder if she'll be holding Togepi in this special, then we definitely know it's not in continuity! :p

So, that says something interesting about Misty......

But, what about Ash?

What kind of outfit was he wearing, his AG/Hoenn outfit, or was he wearing his regular Kanto/Johto outfit too?

I don't know why anyone is surprised about the possibility of 4kids having a special like this made. *points at the Yugioh movie*

Personally I'm looking forward to it, mostly because Misty will be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom